[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

21 hours ago, Jillia said:

I love Cha Ji Won and Do Hyun Soo and I think we all can agree that these two need a big break from everything when this drama is over.

They really do chingu. They really do need a break and return to their marital bliss. This is why I appreciate them showing these kinds of moments despite the chaos.

a31158407489914efce22d7b65f6d2a164d3ecd3

c1822259e45320e0cca4c16458eab3dbbf92b74f

e96668848e53b3d39e8ecca2b6738caae7256057

• Like 4
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, aisling said:

I still think it’s a plot hole. The writer didn’t think this through.

If the threatening phone call happened the different night, how was Hyun Soo able to hear his father’s voice in it??? If his father was dead at that time, he would’ve not been there in the recording!

Remeber how Ji Won went to analyse the recording? The IT guy was able to reduce background noises and there were two male voices - one belonging to the bartender and the other to DMS! So logically the phone call happened on the night when DMS and DHS were at the bar when DHS clearly heard his father’s voice in the recording.

All he heard on the tape was the word "ashtray" in the bartender's voice. That was what made him remember the whole exchange between the bartender and his father on that night. The flashback to DHS's memory of that night made it seem like his father's voice was on the tape, but it was really only the one word by the bartender. That was what made DHS identify the sound of ice being chipped.

When DHS questioned the bartender, one of the first things he established was that the accomplice was a regular customer who would also get hand-chipped ice. That explains why there was the sound of ice being chipped months later when the accomplice made the threatening phone call from the bar. The word "ashtray" could have been said to anyone in any context.

Having BHS wear the same shirt months later may have been a mistake, but it is believable that he would wear that same hat whenever he wanted to hide his face, or even whenever he went out. I don't see any major plot hole.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

43 minutes ago, Erika Song said:

This is what I'm curious about, from what I can understand, Do Min Seok and Do Hyun Soo were in the bar where Baek Hee Seung made the recorded phone call after the witness saw him. But, what's confusing was when he talked about the village foreman murder. Is he talking about the murder that was just about to happen? What is it all a plan? Did I miss something? 

It's probably just to confuse us. I'm sure BHS would NOT talk about a murder that's about to happen as he wouldn't know about what Hae Soo was thinking.

May 2002 Bar scene > kidnapping> witness saw>witness reported to police> witness retracted her statement Bec DHS alibi that he was with DMS whole night until morning>

After a few weeks (June 2002) DMS suicide/funeral> 7 bodies dug in mountain> DMS suspected by village and so exorcism DHS (villagers thinks he's an accomplice to the serial killer DMS) > Hae Soo asked foreman to stop exorcism, ends up killing foreman, DHS took the blame and ran away> police found foreman blood on DHS book etc.> BHS made that threat CALL to witness (fall 2002) It's BHS chance to put the blame of Jung Mi Sook kidnapping to DHS.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

10 minutes ago, Shining tiara said:

@joybran  DHS overtake the life of real BHS after he completed his mandatory military service. So he kind of got exemption right. So it is possible that after his true identity is exposed to the public ( of course after proving his innocence) he have to serve the military.

Doesn't military service in Korea have to be completed by the age of 32? At 36, he would be too old. Or is that not how it works?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 4

Can we also call this drama the "flower hands of evil" :D?I have never seen a show that placed so much focus on hands. I dont blame them though. DHS and CJW have really pretty hands. A total contrast to BHS short ugly nails. Maybe because he doesnt have a loving person to hold his hands so he eats his fingers:(

c15cbca4a4af2528183d51371afe73e03c2cd05b

Gif source: @flowerofevil

ab652e69059c0b68bf151fb6185e682ed1ff90a1

8c9567cf0557eea6b2dae08ae85ebe45ffb853a0

Gif source: @thingskateknows

11 hours ago, Jillia said:

@Shining tiara @joybran

If he somehow skipped military service and someone finds out.... I'd say good luck for him. :lol: Koreans don't like it when anyone is skipping it without serious medical reason.

He can skip because of mental health issue right? Havent some people be exempted from military because of mental health. Even if that quack psychiatrist misdiagnosed DHS.He has a neurological problem and lots of trauma that need to be treated. Hallucination daddy could show up at the army if he is triggered.He would start choking other soldiers at the military base.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

On 9/12/2020 at 4:51 AM, luffie said:

I am beginning to think that maybe, just maybe, that the dad is in innocent too! What a mind game!!!! 

I also think same way..The writer loves to give a piece of story, but in the end when she opens the whole, it is become a different thing. 
So it is possible that the writer just directs us to think DMS is a serial killer, but in the end he only do some "lunatic things" but not the killer.
Many things need revelation until the end..just like the director said it will be over completely, when it over:wut:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Shining tiara said:

@joybran  DHS overtake the life of real BHS after he completed his mandatory military service. So he kind of got exemption right. So it is possible that after his true identity is exposed to the public ( of course after proving his innocence) he have to serve the military. 

I think hee song completed his service and hyun su was drafted on behalf of hee sung for re-service in 2005 when he took his identity. So in a way hyun su has been in the army before. But if he gets drafted after the show ends, I don't mind, joon gi looks hot in military uniform. Season 2 anyone? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

On 9/11/2020 at 9:35 AM, TTT1234 said:

Omg yess. i am looking forward to that kiss. And a sibling for Eun ha.  :D :D I hope writer nim gives us that at the end !!

See, their most intense intimate sessions were emotionally charged.

They made love but she was crying and filled with pain, anger and doubt.

6f0a2fc5c7e26e891df4c582c9f01fca146b437d

Here.it was a passionate kiss but it was also full of pain.He was crying because he was feeling so sorry to her.She was crying too.

c3f678cacfbcd103809d20be81db90d376be5a14

I want a redo if possible at the end but they should do everything with as much intensity but filled with happiness as DHS and CJW. They had a sweet kiss at the beginning but it was under BHS name.

And yes another Mini - Do in that picture frame would be nice:)

43fd5d501c3a601fcf942fb67d75ff2989ef650a

Gif source: @thingskateknows

• Like 4
  • Love 3

I was scrolling on a popular drama review site and found that there were many that frustrated about episode 13. So, I compiled some of the "seem to be logic issues" they found.

1. Why did Hyun Soo go to Baek Man Woo's house before 10 pm? Didn't he knew that Director Baek could easily call Yeom Sang Cheol? I don't want to think that the writer can be this gullible, so I suppose, Hyun Soo and Ji Won go there attempting to corner him and without letting him go. xD I didn't bother to go over this issue since Baek Hee Seung already had a plan on his mind to frame up Hyun Soo. 
  2. How did Baek Hee Seung open the compartment of Hyun Soo's car? Did Hyun Soo and Ji Won just let their car without a lock? Now, now, I didn't notice it that much when I was watching it, but maybe their car was actually locked but Director Baek have a duplicate of Hyun Soo's car keys? I think it's reasonable Director Baek have that, after all, he's sneaky and is the one who provides much of Hyun Soo's luxury. 
  3. Why didn't they run an autopsy first? I think this is really not a logic issue because, immediately, after finding the case about the maid's death they already found a fingerprint, then realizing that it could be Hyun Soo's, Ji Won focused on that as soon as possible. Everything happened so fast so maybe they would do an autopsy on the next episodes.
  4. Where's Hee Seung's fingerprint? This made me confused, didn't the maid's scarf was on her body when she was thrown away? Or did I just miss something? Or could it be a different scarf?
  5. Hyun Soo acquired Baek Hee Seung's identity but he did not change Baek Hee Seung's fingerprint. Few pointed that this isn't possible with an argument that fingerprint is always needed. But I really don't think Hyun Soo will need to use his fingerprint always, if he will acquire some ID or others, he can use his new ID, signature and Baek Hee Seung's stamp right? Baek Man Woo can also pull some strings for him. Plus, it's very unlikely of him to vote or do other things that would require tight identity security.

And a personal inquiry, do police have the ability to arrest someone without a warrant in Korea? Every time I hear this, I'm really bothered, because in my country, I know that it's a violation of human rights.

I really enjoy the drama and although episode 13 is not my favorite, I don't think that it is a poorly written episode, and I especially loved seeing the mother of Baek Hee Seung. Oh, btw, it's Nam Ki Ae's birthday yesterday (September 13), happy happy birthday!!!! 

-------------

28 minutes ago, violina said:

I want a redo if possible at the end but they should do everything with as much intensity but filled with happiness as DHS and CJW. They had a sweet kiss at the beginning but it was under BHS name.

And yes another Mini - Do in that picture frame would be nice:)

:approves: I would love to see a new baby too!  

But, I doubt that it will happen, but who knows, maybe she'll get pregnant again in the ending? Hehehee. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

On 9/12/2020 at 10:55 AM, partyon said:

1. Is Do Min Seok really a serial killer?

2. Will someone die? Who?

3. Will Baek Hee Sung's mom turn against her real son and help Do Hyun Soo instead?

@thesuitelife547 I agree with you on your answers.

1. At this point, I'm not really convinced that Do Min Seok was actually a serial killer. I think he was very mentally unstable - possibly psychopathic or sociopathic - but as for actually committing the crimes, I don't think so. I think he was in league with the trafficking ring and he used Baek Hee Sung and manipulated him into acting on his violent impulses.

2. My money is on Moo Jin. He hasn't quite redeemed himself although I think he's trying with Hae Su. I think he's going to give his life for her to protect her from Baek Hee Sung.

3. I think it's very possible. Especially if her son does something to put Eun Ha in danger. Despite helping him in the most recent episode, I think she might actually realize that if he attempts to harm Eun Ha, that he's irredeemable. She attempted to kill him in the past to put an end to what he was doing so it's possible she may do it again.

As far as the loopholes in Episode 13, I have a feeling they will be explained later. The writer tends to resolve things later and reveal the true story so I wonder if some of the things we are seeing as implausible or plot holes may be explained in the final episodes.

@violina I really appreciate that you enjoy the gifs created for the show and I don't mind mine being posted here. (The three gifs in your previous post are mine as well as the 'hands with wedding rings' gif as well.) I love that you use them to illustrate points in the show. I would ask that you provide the creator's name under the gif and a link back to the original gifset. I know liveasbutterflies requests the same.  Thank you so much! :)

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, Erika Song said:

Thanks to @joybran and @bombshellchick1 for explaining the accomplice recording. ^__^ I really thought that Baek Hee Seung recorded the threat during that night in the bar with Hyun Soo and Do Min Seok -- that's why I was confused when he mentioned the village foreman's murder. :lol: 

Yes, thanks to @joybran for that answer. I got confused too before.

• Like 3

1. Is Do Min Seok really a serial killer?

Yes i think he is...

2. Will someone die? Who?

At this point i think no one is safe...my vote was Baek Hee Sung's mom

3. Will Baek Hee Sung's mom turn against her real son and help Do Hyun Soo instead?

I think she might if the cute little girl(Eun ha) is in danger...

• Like 2

I still don't think DHS has any trust issues especially to the point that he puts a knife to his wifes' neck.. 

1. While threatening his wife he disconnected the video..what for? This to me seems like some sort of plan he cooped up either alone or with someone.

and this is either to make it look like she has been kidnapped so that BHS also believes it and leaves them alone or DHS is scared for his family and this was the only way to keep her out of it/safe.

2. He probs disconnected the video and then explained to his wife what happened or she is in on it already prior to the "attack".

From the beginning I wasn't convinced DMS is a SK and I still don't think he is.

3. One other thing about BHS and DMS. They were probs teacher-pupil but maybe BHS got out of control, killed his wife, threatened DHS life.

Why is BHS specifically targeting DHS? Maybe DMS loved his son more than BHS and BHS couldn't accept this fact so killed his wife and then him and now specifically targeting DHS. Like @thingskateknows I agree completely. Maybe DMS was looking for his wife through the human trafficking source.

4. Hae soo might be the dead one in the end...or else she would need to do time for the murder and dying would be cancel that out.

• Insightful 3

Looks like a lot of viewers find Kim Ji Hoon impressive as Baek Hee Sung. I’m probably in minority here who didn’t know Kim Ji Hoon before FOE. I honestly never watched anything he was in so I didn’t know what to expect from him. I didn’t even know he was a leading man material. But I’m truly impressed by his portrayal as BHS. They needed someone talented and charismatic enough to stand his ground against Lee Jun Ki and Kim Ji Hoon was the right choice. I hope to see him in more challenging roles like this in the future. Can anybody tell me which of his past dramas I should check?

9-FFCE430-9-F35-49-B6-839-B-7-A9-AD8353-

The whole article is HERE.

Also a bonus pic :shaq: haha B)

Spoiler

6-A4-CF740-B294-4847-BC8-F-7122202-F17-A

• Shocked 2
  • LOL 4

@aisling

If you want something that's the complete opposite of him playing BHS, I'd check out Flower Boy Next Door. He's the 2nd male lead, Park Shin Hye and Yoon Si Yoon are the leads. If you want to see him as the lead for something, I personally like Jang Bori is Here. It was a weekend drama but Oh Yeon Seo plays the lead and Lee Yoo Ri is there as the villian.I think some people like Stars Falling from the Sky as well.

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

2. Will someone die? Who? (you can choose up to 3 characters)

Ok the director did promise us that there will be a satisfying ending to the show, so lets put our deduction hats on and figure out who will die based on logic and exclusion. Because i would like to go to bed soon, I will just discuss the mortality of only our 4 leads (and assuming like BHS will definitely die, I mean its more or less a given). 

1) Scenario 1: Only BHS dies. 
This is the best case scenario. Jiwon help Hae soo  blame the village head's death on BHS (due to the voice recording where he alluded that he killed the village head) and all 4 leads live happily ever after. This is the most satisfactory ending and it is most likely to happen.

2) Scenario 2: BHS and Doo Hyun Soo die
This ending will break my heart, but i think it is the second most likely ending other than 1. In this scenario, Hae soo may or may not go to jail depending on whether Jiwon supports her to frame BHS (most likely she will for the sake of her husband). The 3 remaining characters work to clear Hyun soo's name to the world after his death. I won't say it's satisfactory, but its a common way to end a korean drama like this. This is the second most likely ending. 

3) Scenario 3: BHS and Kim Moo Jin die 
Actually, Kim Moo Jin is really not that bad as a character. There is not much catharsis or redemption for the writer to kill him off, so I don't think this will happen. In fact, his character seems to be written for the sole purpose of taking care of hae soo should anything happen to hyun soo (I can feel my eye lids twitching already)... if he dies, hae soo is alone, and Ji Won and Hyun suu frames BHS for village head's murder, but it doesn't feel like a satisfactory ending, so i feel it is unlikely to happen. 

4) Scenario 4: BHS and Doo Hae Soo die
In the ep 14 previews, it seems the police get Moo Jin in for questioning and BHS is in Hae Soo's house. I hope Moo Jin does not leave hae soo behind while he is in the police station. if Hae Soo dies, Hyun Soo is likely to go to jail to protect her sister's memory. Ji Won, Moo Jin and Eunha are left on their own. Not a satisfactory ending at all, so very unlikely to happen.

5) Scenario 5: BHS and Jiwon dies 
This scenario seems unlikely but at the same time very likely as well, since the writer likes to throw us unexpected twists. I am most afraid of this as the more the story develops, the more it makes some kind of sense. Ji Won is Hyun Soo's saviour in so many ways, she taught him to let his guard down, to practice human emotions and eventually to own them. When he is at the employment agency, she calls him and rescues him in a way, when he was tied to the cupboard, she came to rescue him. When he was drowning, also Jiwon. In fact, saving hyun soo is like her full time profession and i fear she may step in to take a knife for him or something (foreshadowing much, anyone?)

in this scenario, Hyun Soo is likely to be devastated, and Hae Soo will insist on going to jail for killing the village head, and Moo Jin and Hyun Soo rides into the sunset with Eunha. This is... oddly satisfying in a way?? at least the moo jin and hyun soo part I can get behind. 

What do you think, i don't know, i think its most likely 1 or 2, and on the off chance,5, but i really don't want 5 to happen. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

WISH / HOPE:

A bloodbath by real BHS of anyone and everyone who stands in his way. However:

MOST LIKELY TO DIE:

* Yeom Sang Cheol (CEO trafficker)

* Real BHS

* BHS's dad BMW

* DHS (the sister) because I don't think writers are sending her to jail.

* Park Kyung-Choon (taxi driver)

* That unprofessional nosy reporter who was harassing DHS (if the writers have remembered him till now)

INJURED:

ML 

FL

Jae-sub

BHS's mom 

Kim Moo-Jin

SHOULD BE IN JAIL:

* The entire Baek clan. God, what a family! 

* DHS (the sister): If she had such a problem with the village foreman, why didn't she and her brother simply run away? She actually took a knife and cut his throat FGS and I am supposed to fell sorry for this woman?! Her non-jail sentence is like both the brother and sister having their cake and eating it too - which they have been doing for 20 years, an easy entitled life full of whining and crying!

* Kim Moo-Jin, a short sentence, for not notifying police on what he found in the basement, hence prolonging the killings. 

* Police mole, if any.

* FL (for her very unprofessional conduct as a police officer - who can trust such an officer on the force? At the very least, she needs to be dishonorably discharged from service) 

CONFESSING TO THE BASEMENT-VIDEO DURING LIVE BROADCAST:

* Kim Moo-Jin. He can write his true-crime best seller from prison. 

GETTING REMARRIED AT THE END:

ML + FL with Eun-Ha as the flower and ring girl.

P.S. Out of the many plot holes and illogical stuff done in this drama, another head-scratcher, real BHS was first introduced at the start as some math genius in a newspaper, and now in Ep.13 it turns out he was acting out as a teenager because of low grades....but that's a minor peeve in this anything-goes la-dee-dah drama. 

You know when the chief detective said 'do you seriously expect me to believe that?' - that was me at every turn of this drama!

Great performances though.

• LOL 1