[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

On 9/13/2020 at 12:55 AM, partyon said:

1. Is Do Min Seok really a serial killer?

2. Will someone die? Who?

3. Will Baek Hee Sung's mom turn against her real son and help Do Hyun Soo instead?

Thanks for the tag chingu.

1. Is Do Min Seok really a serial killer?

60% yes. 40% maybe not. I think he might have been the brains and BHS the brawn. I mean he might not have done the actual killings. They told us during the trafficking case.He did not like getting his hands dirty. He used other people to have access to the "materials"(victims). It makes sense. Why would he need an accomplice when he can do the killings himself? His psychotic high was probably plotting and watching someone execute the killings. He was able to recognise BHS at the psychiatric hospital and explain his psychopathic mind very very well even though he is not a psychiatrist. Still makes him a killer if he was the planner. But am beginning to have my doubts too. Can we really trust DHS's memory 100%, most of his memories with his father when his eyes are not blackholes seem to be warm(?). He might have been abusive like BHS's dad but no psychotic DNA. Just like we thought DHS might be a psychopath at the beginning.We might be wrong about him. We say DMS is a serial killer because the media and police records say so but no one has concrete evidence that he really killed anyone.No one saw him do it. Or maybe Kim Moo Jin can tell us what he saw in the basement to clear my doubt.

2. Will someone die? Who?

I am betting my money on BHS. This feels like a foreshadow to me?

BHS: I missed the World Cup three times.During the last one, I cheered for the national team in Gwanghwamun. We should go together the next time.I'll take you there. If I'm alive until then, I mean...Dad failed. Do Hyun Su will soon figure everything out.

800cc91b14bc089b684d50f17cf0034decd89966

c35bb1a222fd7aff9daafd814539366bdd8a0575

I know in this episode it was to manipulate his mother to act.But it seems like a foreshadow too.To me, DHS and BHS are two sides of the same coin. BHS is smart but impulsive.He is a very messy killer. It seems like he has no control over his killing urge. I think one of the reasons why he got away with the murders is because DMS and later his parents kept cleaning after his mess.If he was acting on his own.He would have been caught a long time ago.He leaves trails of incriminating evidence everywhere. The way he killed the dog in his teens. The way he killed the maid. So messy. His DNA and fingerprints were all over the murder scene.The scarf the maid was wearing has his DNA.i cant remember if they got rid of it. The way he wanted to bury DHS in the backyard of his house. He even kept his murder souvenirs(nails, pictures of victims) under his bed instead of somewhere more discreet. Its like he kills first then plans later.

On the other hand, DHS maybe a tiny bit less brainy than DHS but he is a meticulous planner and very neat.It even shows in his daily routine. If he really wanted killed Reporter Kim in episode 1. He would have gotten away with it because he knows first, put plastic sheet on floor so that you dont leave traces. He knew which weapons to use, he talked about the weight of the victim and how hard it is to transport the body to the car if had to do it.That shows me he plans ahead. He also has control over his urge to commit murder. He could have killed CJW in episode 7 in the basement but he controlled himself and was also saved by the panic attack.

BHS is probably feeling overconfident that he was able to make DHS fall in his own trap but once DHS knows he is the real accomplice and sets a trap. BHS will have no chance. DHS also has smart people on his side in CJW and Detective Choi. BHS's parents are wicked but they are not very smart. 

I really hope all four leads make it out alive but Kim Moo Jin also has death flags all over him. He has been pushing Hae Soo since they reunited for a relationship but she is not willing to let it happen.It doesnt seem like they will work out. He might die trying to protect her from BHS since she is a likely target. I dont think Hae Soo will die. She might go to prison for manslaughter not murder though.She has a defense. The village headman attacked her first then she killed him. So she can be released on parole(for good behaviour, she is a good person) I guess and start a new life.

3. Will Baek Hee Sung's mom turn against her real son and help Do Hyun Soo instead?

Yes. Eun Ha is the one who will cause her to snap out of it. I want to shake Gong Mi Ja so hard. Like woman!How do you think you can "fix" your son after seeing all the mess he has done. The only solution is put him in solitary confinement in prison or psychiatric hospital. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, noor1 said:

P.S. Out of the many plot holes and illogical stuff done in this drama, another head-scratcher, real BHS was first introduced at the start as some math genius in a newspaper, and now in Ep.14 it turns out he was acting out as a teenager because of low grades....but that's a minor peeve in this anything-goes la-dee-dah drama.

I could be mistaken, but I thought that he said he was acting out because he got his report card and then wanted to die. I guess he could make it seem like he was stressed about his grades or it could make it seem like his parents pressured him to do math and be good and the reality once he got older was that he wasn't as good as they thought he would be. Also, by acting out every time he got his report card, that would give him an out to act up for a little while a couple of times a year during school.

Also, I saw a comment somewhere else about how it didn't make sense to them that DHS was now showing his emotions, such as crying when he saw his daughter since they didn't believe it aligned with his character but I'm on the other side of that. I think, taking into perspective the entire show, that it aligns for him. DHS was always told that he was like his father, that he would be like him and he was ostracized because of it. After being told that he had the inability to feel emotions, and believing that he was taking after his father, he hid his emotions deep inside to the point they were unrecognizable. 

But now, since CJW has been up front with him about recognizing his love for her, I believe that he's now able to identify at least that emotion within himself, even if he may not recognize anything else. It does seem like knows the extreme, like he understands the pain and frustration in knowing that someone is going after his family and he may not completely understand what happiness is but I think he understands love because CJW used logic to explain the reason why he felt or did things. Therefore when he cried when he saw his daughter, it was him actually accepting that he truly loved the little girl that was in front of him rather than just thinking of her as another piece to be used in making CJW think he was someone he wasn't.

• Like 4
  • Unamused 1
  • Insightful 2

Now that we know JMS is alive, could it be that the woman BHS was supposed to meet was her? Or do you think YSC kept her secret the whole time?

On the other hand if BHS was supposed to “meet” Hae Soo, I still don’t understand why he let Hae Soo live after she saw his face at the funeral. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, aisling said:

Now that we know JMS is alive, could it be that the woman BHS was supposed to meet was her? Or do you think YSC kept her secret the whole time?

On the other hand if BHS was supposed to “meet” Hae Soo, I still don’t understand why he let Hae Soo live after she saw his face at the funeral. 

My guess is he's going to meet JMS during the time he accidentally hit DHS WTH his car. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

6 minutes ago, bombshellchick1 said:

My guess is he's going to meet JMS during the time he accidentally hit DHS WTH his car. 

That makes the most sense. We know that YSC located JMS at some point after 2002, so he would know that she didn't remember BHS. It makes sense that he might offer to "take care of" her, but that BHS would want to do it himself. That was probably why BHS owed YSC money for finding someone, the money that BMW ended up paying after BHS was in a coma. It all fits.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

28 minutes ago, joybran said:

That makes the most sense. We know that YSC located JMS at some point after 2002, so he would know that she didn't remember BHS. It makes sense that he might offer to "take care of" her, but that BHS would want to do it himself. That was probably why BHS owed YSC money for finding someone, the money that BMW ended up paying after BHS was in a coma. It all fits.

Yes. JMS "escaped" at the time of kidnapping or sometime after that...YSC located her and wanted money as payment for the victim. I don't think it's Hae Soo. BHS would have known where she is anyway. Crazy BHS would have wanted to finish what he has started. :evilelmo:

• Like 4

10 Quick Facts About Moon Chae-Won, The Feisty Leading Lady In "Flower Of Evil"

Did you know she's a character actress, a huge Hollywood indie fan, and uses her social media to promote Korean cinema?

Her name suggests she's as mysterious as the celestial body itself. 

88d8bc44-e528-43d0-b91a-d12694a1467e_263

Moon Chae-won, despite her success, is one of Korea's most private actresses which means we're always on the lookout for more things to learn about her! She's back on our radar, thanks to Flower of Evilher newest K-Drama that's just been recently released but is already gaining steam among fans and critics alike. The moody thriller has her star alongside Lee Joon-gi who plays her husband, giving us a story that seems to be so far away from happily ever after.

Leading a show that's sure to be a jewel in her crown of impressive work, Moon Chae-won is definitely an actress worth learning more about.

Get to know the multi-awarded star in the gallery below!

Get to know korean actress Moon Chae-Won

Source: METRO STYLE MAGAZINE

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I'm starting to get disappointed in the writing of the drama. Here are my complaints.

Ultra Perfect leads

This drama characters, main ones are so different from what they lead us to believe. I'm not sure if they changed because they wanted to please the audience or something but the story and suspense was more interesting when they were at odds with each other.

But they made Ji Won and Hyunso literally flawless and perfect.

Ji won , though suspicious and angry, still supports and defends Hyunso and protects him.

She doesn't even mind that he lied to her and faked his whole identity. I thought fans would hate her but of course they don't,given how supports him and protects him, how could they? She is basically all they want in a female lead, especially since she into him just as much.

but she suddenly gets suspicious after all charges are cleared? I get that she had doubts but it looks like she suspects because the plot wants her to. She knows he was framed before and that he has enemies.

Do Hyunso's characterisation is all over the place. At first he kidnaps and holds a guy hostage.

Seems to be haunted by his dad and seems to have a troubled past.

But he's just a victim that happens to be good person? Someone who can't recognise his own feelings. Who never committed a murder but has impulses and experience in holding people hostage?

He is anti social but also nice?

I feel like all the suspense has been sucked out of the drama since secrets were revealed and they just accepted each other. It was sweet but can I get a conversation or argument?

Dad's ghost haunts whenever the plot wants him to.

Plot holes and inconsistent characterisation 

Do Hae soo is also all over the place?

She is nice and kind but she is capable of murder?

She doesn't have guilt for murder? I think we need more insight on village foreman's murder 

But she still needs moojin's protection after being quick to murder

Hee Sung is just psycho from day one? Was in a coma but can walk and get  to hae Soo's place?

Is in contact with seong cheol?

All the villainy is just left to villains?

It would been best if they didn't sanitise and victimise their leads so much and let them have their grey sides and made it about how they confront and reach a middle ground.

Couple who support each other and fight villains is a very cliche thing.

Just having them suspect each other suddenly after all that's happened is so plot convenient

I need  proper answers more than a happy ending 

• Like 4

Feast your eyes on some beautiful Flower of Evil FMV:)

CJW: I was all you had. And even right now, I'm all you have. I wish we could switch bodies just for one day, so you could feel how much I love you. 

DHS: Don't ever change. You just need to keep loving me like you do right now. All I need is your trust. If you do that for me, I'll live my entire life just for you.

DHS: Ji won. I can't wait for time to pass by. I want time to pass by... so that we can both have the same memories. And eventually, "I want to think and feel just like you".

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Long replies ahead to @Madu Mita^^. Hehe. Just my opinions. :)

4 hours ago, Madu Mita said:

But they made Ji Won and Hyunso literally flawless and perfect.

Ji Won and Hyun Soo are not flawless and perfect, especially, Hyun Soo, it's just that, we started to understand his reasons behind his wrong doings, but clearly, he's not perfect. Hyun Soo is still not exempted from the morality of his actions.

Ji won , though suspicious and angry, still supports and defends Hyunso and protects him.

She doesn't even mind that he lied to her and faked his whole identity. I thought fans would hate her but of course they don't,given how supports him and protects him, how could they? She is basically all they want in a female lead, especially since she into him just as much.

She did mind that he lied to her, however, she discovered that he wasn't a murderer. And most importantly, she remembered her daughter Eun Ha who would've been brokenhearted and would've a hard time growing up once Hyun Soo's real identity is suddenly discovered, hence, she kept the secret.

for more explanation:

Spoiler

It's evident in episodes 7, 8 and 9 how she was very much hurt. Her thoughts were also by clouded by the pain of Hyun Soo's lies to the point that she wasn't able to realized earlier that his love to her all through the years was, in fact, true and sincere. This thing happens in real life as the other side of our mind will just become blank and only focus on the pain and doubt that keeps creeping in.

Fortunately and fast enough for her, in the end of episode 9, she realized that the love she has for his husband is so much and so does the love that her husband has for her. Hence, she came back to him and tried to protect him from getting arrested by the police -- BUT, this is before she knew that her husband is being targeted (her latter actions might have been because of her bad judgement that it might have been better to put him into police protected instead of letting him get killed by finding the accomplice himself). 

-------------//

but she suddenly gets suspicious after all charges are cleared? I get that she had doubts but it looks like she suspects because the plot wants her to. She knows he was framed before and that he has enemies.

I understand the frustration here, because I was really sadden by her latter judgments and I didn't enjoy much of that scene. But as others pointed out, she may have been doing him a favor of arresting him herself instead of the other police officers who would surely have their own biased judgments toward him. However, I think it would've been okay if instead of putting handcuffs, she just get him and went to the police together. (But that is not dramatic xD)

Another reason why she did that to him was maybe because Ji Won was breaking down. After all, she's just a human and no matter how logical humans try to be, when a bad situation arises, the chances of us being biased and emotional is very high.

for a clearer explanation:

Spoiler

Many things had happened to them all of a sudden, and though she tries to look okay, she's not okayDo Hyun Soo acknowledges that and doesn't want to burden her more. Remember in the rain date scene? She said that she felt terrible lying to her co-officers. In ep 9 she said that she feels sorry to the victims of the Yeonju's serial murder case. She might have been caught in a moral dilemma of being an upright officer. Another possible reason is she wants him to be out of the job as things are even more serious -- it's already serious before, but, it is much much serious now with the Baek's family maid being murdered

-------------//

He is anti social but also nice?

You see here, Do Hyun Soo is in the gray area, and in my opinion (not medically accurate, I just read this)not all ASPD patients may result to bad behaviorespecially, if they're undergoing social treatment (Hyun Soo didn't do professional but he lived with his little family for many years). And, btw, Hyun Soo's ASPD might have been a misdiagnosis.

In addition, Hyun Soo is not perfect. Even Moo Jin did bad things before, he bullied and stoned Hyun Soo, however, he's still nice and called as a respectable reporter. He even tried to save Hyun Soo. Mommy Baek almost murdered his son, but, in return, saved Hyun Soo. She also ripped Eun Ha's boot but treated her egg tart and cooked for her. See? Their actions are flat wrong, but, they aren't completely bad persons, they are in so called grey area. Hyun Soo is like us, only in his misfortune, people already marked him as a bad person and the bad decisions he made to get and keep that identity were punishable by law. 

-------------//

Do Hyunso's characterisation is all over the place. At first he kidnaps and holds a guy hostage.

But he's just a victim that happens to be good person? Someone who can't recognise his own feelings.

He kidnapped and held Moo Jin as a hostage because he wanted to protect everything he has -- which is his family. A nice person can be bad once family is involved. 

for more explanation:

Spoiler

Who never committed a murder but has impulses and experience in holding people hostage?

A person can do extremely bad things but would not result to murder. Killing a human is bad, this is a universal moral law. Everyone knows that killing a human is permissible and so as Hyun Soo, though with exemptions (e.g. self-defense and for the greater good). Hyun Soo is violent when was driven mad to his fullest but he will not kill a person unless he's completely lose it. 

For Hyun Soo's violent behaviors to the extent of locking Moo Jin in his basement, his main motivation is that Moo Jin will expose his identity and broke his family and in addition, Moo Jin bullied him by tying him into a tree then stoned him, therefore he might have been thinking that Moo Jin deserved it, therefore, not feel pity for him.

-------------//

I feel like all the suspense has been sucked out of the drama since secrets were revealed and they just accepted each other. It was sweet but can I get a conversation or argument?

As of the previous episodes, they were trying to restart their relationship and trying to built it. For the arguments, I think they have fair amounts of it, but of course, at the end, instead of freaking out and being immature teenagers, they solved it as mature adults who sincerely love one another. But, maybe, there's a big chance they'll be in a heated argument on the next episodes.  

-------------//

She is nice and kind but she is capable of murder?

She doesn't have guilt for murder? I think we need more insight on village foreman's murder 

She accidentally killed the village foreman since she attacked him first (self-defense). As for her not feeling guilty for the murder, I can understand that she loves her brother so much. The village foreman did extremely horrible things to her brother, therefore, her not being guilty is not new to me. But, I agree with you that we need more insight on the village foreman murder.

-------------//

Hee Sung is just psycho from day one? Was in a coma but can walk and get  to hae Soo's place?

This is what I am confused about. Is he the one stalking Hae Soo that night or we got another culprit? 

-------------//

It would been best if they didn't sanitise and victimise their leads so much and let them have their grey sides and made it about how they confront and reach a middle ground.

The only lead who's very victimized is Do Hyun Soo, but, I understand because this is a melodrama.

I don't think that Hyun Soo's character came off as perfectly good and that all his actions were sanitized all of a sudden because we knew that he was victimized first. I stand to my ground that although I completely sympathized with him and he's being forgiven, the morality of his past actions were still not exempted from being questioned. 

examples of his wrong past actions:

Spoiler

Even if he's a bullied person and a man who doesn't want his family to be taken away from him, it remains wrong to torture Moo Jin in the basement (which is already resolved in episode 8). He was wrong in taking the identity of Baek Hee Seung and for lying to his wife. He's also wrong for taking mini revenge for her daughter by stealing the kid's doll then throwing it into the trash can. 

So, this led to this question: If it's clear that Hyun Soo's past actions are bad, why are we still sympathizing with him this much? Why some are thinking that he's nothing but a victimized little puppy? 

For me, I saw the reasons behind his actions, and as a human, I understood that Hyun Soo is like us, flawed and weak. Instead of just seeing him as flat bad because he lied to his wife; many, like me, saw him as someone who lied to his wife because he thought that like everybody else, his wife would hate him and and abandon him. We understood that he lied, because he thought very low of his self-worth, which is caused by the physical and mental torture the people from his hometown brought him.

But, do those pity and sympathizes we started to have towards him, erase the wrongness of his doings? NO. But, did those reasons change our perspective of him? YES. It's like thiswe understood his intentions but what he still did wereb wrong. (this is giving me a headache, just now, my brain is having a battle if Hyun Soo's action are justified or not LOL)

And because of this, I have to disagree with you that the characters don't have a grey side, because they do. The moment you started questioning Hyun Soo's character of being bad then being nice then trying to justify him in your mind although it's clear that his actions were still wrong wait, I just need to breathe  is the part where you saw that, ahHyun Soo falls in the grey area. His actions are bad, but still nice for loving his daughter and pitiful for having to resort in those bad decisions. Also, Hae Soo, for being nice yet have killed a person; nice but doesn't feel guilty of the murder she committed. And many other characters in the drama. 

Edited by Erika Song
my replies are too long I needed to change my content structure, put some in hidden contents and grammars (I suck at this) T.T sorry for talking too much
  • Like 5
  • Insightful 1

c623737ae7404d05ab9afe07c4129c8f.jpeg?s=

Lee Joon Gi And Moon Chae Won’s Thrill-Packed Romance Begins New Phase In “Flower Of Evil”

Sep 15, 2020
by J. K

The twists and turns of the suspense and romance in “Flower of Evil” continue to keep fans at the edge of their seats!

“Flower of Evil” is a thrilling drama about a man named Do Hyun Soo (Lee Joon Gi), who lives under the identity of Baek Hee Sung to hide his past, and his detective wife Cha Ji Won (Moon Chae Won). As the show gets closer to its finale, tvN shared stills of the leading couple that highlight key moments and put the spotlight on their incredible chemistry.

Do Hyun Soo and Cha Ji Won had a picture-perfect home life with their beautiful daughter, but it all fell apart because of the case of the Yeonju serial killer. Do Hyun Soo had been living his life as the sweet and kind husband Baek Hee Sung and Cha Ji Won had seen no reason to doubt him, but when she began to suspect him, everything changed.

She started to quietly observe him without making her suspicions obvious, and she aimed to confirm his true identity by trailing him and putting a GPS tracker in his watch. Meanwhile, Do Hyun Soo continued to act the part of the perfect husband in front of her, unaware of her doubts. This unique and tense situation packed the first chapter of the drama with thrilling suspense.

Despite her suspicions, when Do Hyun Soo’s life was in danger after being kidnapped, Cha Ji Won didn’t hesitate to dive into the water to save him, as her love for him was greater than her feeling of betrayal over being fooled. The suspense kept up as Cha Ji Won continued to question the true identity of her husband and Do Hyun Soo did whatever it took to continue to live as Baek Hee Sung.

flower-of-evil6.jpg

Do Hyun Soo was determined to find the real accomplice in the Yeonju serial killer case and set himself up as bait. While he managed to avoid a close call with death once again, he ended up in danger of being arrested. However, Cha Ji Won created an opportunity for him to escape. This made him realize how much he loves her and how much she loves him. Do Hyun Soo’s frozen heart began to thaw as he cried, and the heartbreaking feelings between them brought viewers to tears too.

After realizing their true feelings for each other, they faced another crisis when the real Baek Hee Sung (played by Kim Ji Hoon) set Do Hyun Soo up to take the blame for the murder of a housekeeper. Cha Ji Won fell for his evidence and this time, she intended to arrest Do Hyun Soo herself. Do Hyun Soo said to her, “If even you don’t believe me, then who in the world would?” and shocked viewers by placing a knife to her throat.

Fans have fallen in love with this suspenseful drama that follows the pair’s transformation from a happy married couple to a detective and murder suspect. With Do Hyun Soo now unable to even trust the person he loves and Cha Ji Won having to arrest him herself, viewers are heartbroken by this latest development in their story but eagerly waiting to find out what happens.

With Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won’s characters being put to the test once again, their tale continues in episode 14 which will air on September 16 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

Source: Soompi

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I'm going to comment on a couple of points with my thoughts

3 hours ago, Madu Mita said:

This drama characters, main ones are so different from what they lead us to believe.

I like to believe that this is because of the way that information was revealed to us over time. In the beginning we only knew DHS's character was one that was hiding his true identity from his wife for 14 years by living as someone else and who was the son of a serial killer. As more information came out about it, as we saw the Baek family and got other tidbits of information, like about how he wasn't the one to kill the foreman at all, our position towards his character changed. 

If they told us from the beginning that DHS didn't kill the foreman, then where's the suspense in that? This drama has a way of revealing information bit by bit to get us to change our perspectives. I saw a video that talks about how reputation is a big thing in this drama. DMS has a reputation for being a serial killer and by association, that reputation is passed down onto DHS. For Eun Ha, though, DHS expressed his desire for her to be a good kid with a good reputation and she doesn't have that stigma of being the daughter of someone who is wanted for murder. Perspective is also something important for the Baek family, how others perceive them, which is probably why they've been covering up BHS's crimes for so long.

But our perspective of DHS changed as we got more information about his past and the same can probably be said for CJW. As more evidence and pieces were put together, we can see that DHS was never particiarly a bad person, just the stigma of having a serial killer as a father was placed on him.

Therefore I agree with @Erika Song that the characters do have their gray sides to them. More information about them means that you come to understand them better and their motives and reasonings for doing the not good things. One thing that probably causes DHS to fall into the gray area is the fact that is he is fiercely loyal to those he loves and cares about. He was willing to take the fall for his sister in the murder and he's also willing to make those questionable decisions if it means protecting his family.

I think he's the same DHS he's always been, just now we got a different perspective on the reasons why he acts the way he does.

She doesn't even mind that he lied to her and faked his whole identity.

I do believe she was angry and upset about the entire thing, about him lying and faking his identity and I believe that had he done something in the basement when she played the tape, or really did anything regarding recognition about his stuff she had, she would've arrested him right then and there. But it was because of the love she had for her daughter that she decided to let him live as the fake BHS because at that point, she overheard him say he doesn't love her. So she was just going to accept it and move on and divorce him so he got to remain the fake BHS until she realized that he wasn't as bad as everyone made him sound, which plays back into the reputation and perspective thing.

But he's just a victim that happens to be good person?

This is what I've been thinking about recently. From the show, we've never actually got something with more information on DMS. Our images of him was always from another person's perspective. We never saw him actually carrying out any crimes. If I remember correctly, I think DHS told someone that he discovered his father was a serial killer from the news which means that his perspective of his father drastically changed after finding out that information and everyone always suspecting him of being the accomplice, whispering those things that DHS told PKC while in the abandoned building. It had to have messed with DHS mentally to always hear such rumors growing up and like his sister mentioned, it was after those exorcisms that DHS began seeing their father.

I think DHS was a victim of his environment. Of course his own decisions aided in the fact that he became who he was, but I think that by always hearing that he was capable of pulling off murders or being his father's accomplice and having to go through those exorcisms, he believed that he could and began showcasing an energy around him that would make him able to do such a thing. He might've been thinking that if people said he could do it, then why can't he or since people already thought lowly of him, might as well continue to let them think that. In his older life he could've definitely tried to help himself but I think at that point he just believed that quiet things were always better and just stayed in the background the best he could. Also, when the psychiatrist said about him not being able to feel, it didn't give him an outlet for his emotions and he may have felt, or his father told him, that emotions were for the weak. When he admitted to CJW, before they dated, that he felt good after punching someone multiple times, I think that was like an outlet for his emotions, his frustrations at everyone around him. 

I feel like all the suspense has been sucked out of the drama since secrets were revealed and they just accepted each other.

I think at this point, with 3 episodes left, the suspense lies in the mental game between BHS and DHS. Moving past knowing who did what, we're now left with a thought of how everything's going to end with DHS now being framed for murder once again. It'll be a mental fight between the two supposed psychopaths. BHS has demonstrated that he actually has the psychotic tendencies but with DHS, he either lacks the natural ability like BHS or he's been suppressing them. Therefore in order to beat BHS, I think he needs to start thinking like a psychopath in order to gain the upper hand. First, they need to discover that BHS isn't actually in a coma anymore and then they need to start asking themselves: What would BHS do? 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 4

Like @Erika Song and @thesuitelife547maybe they’re not perfect but the show barely acknowledges or tackles their flaws. It just randomly mentions it or shows and then spends half the time sanitising it and then bringing it back when convenient. 
like cha Ji won’s past ? 
his impulses and fathers ghost appear out of nowhere.

i wanted the suspense to come from the main otps relationship but it shifted to the Hee Sungs and I’m a bit disappointed.

Hae soo is a main character but we barely see her too.

i get that she always had doubts but it seems weird that she jumped to that conclusion after knowing that he’s framed and seonh cheol and accomplice is out there for him. Maybe she wanted to arrest him to protect him but the way he snapped and how his Ghost appeared out of nowhere again was sudden.

i don’t think we’ll get further insight into their characters.
I think it would been better there was a balance between the contention And the villain instead showing them reconciling and then just suspecting each other. I don’t think they suspect each other that much . I think that episode ended that way for shock value. I think they still support each other from the promo.

i think that’s what puts off , random surprises for shock value..?

anyway I feel like I’m watching a different drama than I signed up for but I’m glad there still some suspense or else it will turn into average Makjang melodrama..

ignore my rants if it bothers u lol.. no offense to anyone.. just my two cents.consistency and balance could have made into a more complex and quality drama .

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Madu Mita said:

his impulses and fathers ghost appear out of nowhere.

I think his father's ghost went away with the appearance of CJW because she became like a safe haven for him, if that makes any sense. He was happy and content with her and that caused him to not really have any psychotic tendencies, which I think his father played into the part of. He probably saw him when he was on the verge of breaking down probably the last mental pillar he had before he went full psychotic or when he was in a situation where things weren't going his way since that's typically where we saw him, too. But even then, I'm not entirely sure why he appeared when he was with CJW and not in trouble. I think that may have something to do with the fact that he'd appear whenever DHS was enjoying himself and let his guard down. 

That's why I think his father's appearance when CJW puts the handcuff on him goes back to that letting his guard down. In that moment, it probably hit him that CJW was a cop and there was evidence set against him as the housekeeper's murderer therefore he was under suspicion again. So he thought back to what his father said about essentially being blinded by love and he was also at a disadvantageous position. I do agree that it was probably just for shock value and that he probably acted quick and done what he had to in that moment, though. I also think that maybe CJW knew what she was doing and would bring him to the police station to save him because she knew that if he was arrested, he'd have no chance, she told that to CJS in episode 11 when he confronted her about knowing the truth.

23 minutes ago, Madu Mita said:

like cha Ji won’s past ? 

I think someone once mentioned that she actually ad-libbed that part about her having a troubled past. It would be interesting if they gave her something from the past to work on but I guess the writer figures that she has so much on her plate right now why add anything more onto it. Or maybe once they got to it, they were just too strapped for time and couldn't fit it into the overall narrative.

26 minutes ago, Madu Mita said:

Hae soo is a main character but we barely see her too.

I agree and wish that we saw Hae Soo more or that she's a bigger part of the story. I guess there is always the possibility that she'll make more of an impact in the later episodes. Now that she's being stalked and the police know that she's DHS's sister, maybe there'll be more reason for her to get involved?

28 minutes ago, Madu Mita said:

i wanted the suspense to come from the main otps relationship but it shifted to the Hee Sungs and I’m a bit disappointed.

I guess at a certain point the show had to shift. I guess they couldn't explain the entire narrative of what happened 18 or whatever years ago from the standpoint of their relationship, not when the whole police force involved and the involvement of the Baek family. I guess with the Baek family being entirely evil and covering up BHS's crimes, the shift had to then start primarily focusing on DHS's past and what BHS does. I think if they were to try to write it with the suspense coming from their relationship, it would mostly be DHS trying to prove himself the entire time to CJW who would just find evidence stacked against him and I guess it would mostly put them on opposite sides of the line. 

With the shifting of the narrative to focus more on DHS and BHS, it allows for CJW and DHS to work together to figure it out and for them to potentially collaborate with the police department to set the Baek family up.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

Hi, just a silent reader posting here for the first time.

With the change in development, not sure how this is going to end. Right now I'm fine with either a sad or happy ending.

If Hyun So has to pay for identity theft etc... (the world will know who he is eventually) I will only be ok with it if everyone else (who aren't the Baek Family) get proper punishment according to their own wrongdoings as well. Since almost everyone on this drama has done something illegal, excluding some of CJW's teammates and her mother.

I will not be satisfied with the idea of Hyun So being the only one who has to pay or still decides to take blame for his sister's crime. Even if they show the family reuniting after he gets out of jail as a "Happy Ending". I don't know why this type of ending bothers me more than one of the leads dying. Probably because there is so much injustice happening to him. It wouldn't be right if everyone else gets a free pass only because they weren't caught or the police decides to turn a blind eye. It would be too much. I don't think it will end this way, but anything is possible.The man has suffered a ridiculous amount. He needs some serious therapy and a new start. 

Spoiler

There seems to be a possible court scene according to an instagram story from the crew. Fans pointed out in the monitor of someone possibly being KMJ and CJW or Do Hae Soo sitting beside him in a courtroom watching a case. It's too small to tell for sure.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

Article Translation

‘Flower of Evil’: Dark threat looms over Jang Heejin, Seo Hyunwoo feels anxious as sense of foreboding increases

f04177b6c8e5161ec64f8cc3f5b947eab2a6104d

In Flower of Evil, a dark shadow extends its reach over Jang Heejin. The new stills for the September 16 episode capture Do Haesoo in a crisis, making viewers worried.
In the photos, Haesoo is standing awkwardly on the doorstep of Moojin’s place.

Earlier, Haesoo coldly told Moojin when he expressed his true feelings for her, “Isn’t it you who’s being weird, having these feelings for me after 20 years just because we were once close to each other?” You can still sense some distance between the two.

2a3b9f17bac4294b131df70e3cfb7bc89569c5fe

Viewers feel sorry for Haesoo as she is seen standing, looking completely terrified. Her torn shirt also indicates something serious has happened, making viewers feel the fear she must have felt.

bd5102c94b2a88d0fa2abaccf4d8fc3c15c53753

Moojin is also looking serious on the phone, piquing our curiosity. That look of bafflement on Moojin leaves viewers worried and guessing something has happened.

In the previous episode, Haesoo expressed fear that someone was secretly spying on her and there were some fingerprints on the window. Hyunsoo asked Moojin to keep an eye on her and never leave her alone unattended.

As a threat looms large over Haesoo, viewers wonder what crisis she is about to face, who is trying to harm her, and whether Moojin can protect her as Hyunsoo asked him to.
Episode 14 of Flower of Evil airs on September 16 at 10:50 p.m.

Original Source: Naver

Translation Credit @jg_k_drama (Instagram)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2