[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

5 minutes ago, aisling said:

First of all, I need to say this. I mean, he’s playing the serial killer and he’s both terrifying and off-putting... but I can’t be the only one who finds Kim Ji Hoo really hot? I’ve never really seen him in any dramas before but he’s quite impressive here. I mean it doesn’t really make sense for BHS to have a 6-pack and chiselled cheekbones like this after spending 18 years in coma but whatever. He’s hot. 

I totally feel the same way. I've seen most of his projects before and this role is just like a complete 180 from his usual self that I've seen in some variety shows and from some of the other characters I've seen him play that I'm just in shock sometimes watching him on the screen

• Like 4

I am scared to watch ep 13 with subs. In fact I am now scared to watch the rest of the show because the stakes are wayyyy too high.... 

In the next preview we see bhs holding jiwon's damaged police pass. 

Spoiler

As I mentioned earlier, hyun soo made jiwon take off her pass. But I also wonder if he took it and used it to fake jiwon's death

Eunha is unsure of opening the door

Spoiler

This is too scary for me.... Nothing can happen to our egg tart

The baeks are preparing a ton of money 

Spoiler

To pay Yong sang chul after he kills hyun su? 

Bhs says he doesn't like someone because he/she is unpredictable

Spoiler

Is he referring to do hae soo? He looks like he is at her house. At this time he doesn't know moo Jin is involved, so I hope moo Jin can outsmart him

Hyun su tells jiwon they will meet again 

Spoiler

They are in a hotel, and hyun so is going to meet yong San chul, not bhs? Or hyun su is smarter than that? 

Also the black box in the car near the telephone booth will be important. In fact there is a black box in hyunsu's car!! 

This show is really too scary and unpredictable

• Like 8

All I want is for real BHS to start a bloodbath - bodies piling up, of major and minor characters - to get things rolling out of the constant 'melodrama' and ML/FL crying/whining, and get on with the 'crime' part and raise the stakes! Especially since only THREE episodes are left.

But looks like next week will be more of ML protecting FL, DHS getting abducted by real BHS, and maybe the killing of that trafficker CEO, and discovery of chief detective being the mole since EunHa is scared of him. All my predictions have been wrong so I don't care what happens next unless it is a bloodbath by BHS! His handiwork should logically take center stage now that he is up and running.

12 hours ago, violina said:

No proper subs for international fans until maybe Saturday for both episodes

There are so many websites that upload subbed versions just a few hours after Korean airing: newsasiantv, kissasian, dramacool etc. Nobody has to wait 2 days!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, thesuitelife547 said:

A part of me does think that perhaps CJS is actually in on it? I feel like them both looking up at the camera before it cut off meant something and I feel like the fact that he pretty much kidnapped his own wife means something. He's afraid of something happening to the people he loves the most and so I still think that he's using it as a decoy to get whatever outcome he desires. Maybe it's because he got that mysterious phone call, who I'm presuming is BHS, who knew too much about him he figured he must cut ties with everyone in order to successfully decode the murders. Back to CJS for a moment, though, but him telling the rest of the team DHS's identity, he previously said that he didn't want to open up that kind of history, but now by telling them, he's opened up the history so I wonder if previously during his meeting with DHS if DHS said something to him about revealing his identity when the time was right or maybe it was after because DHS wouldn't tell him who he thought was trying to murder him. Perhaps when GMJ named DHS as the potential suspect, CJS felt like something was off and maybe figured out that it was the Baek family that wanted DHS gone.

I have the same feeling too. I think the end of ep 13 was just a bluff... we have clearly seen all throughout the episodes that Hyun Soo loves Ji Won, even if they showed Daddy Min Seok telling him not to trust anyone. Also, Ji Won have stated time and again the she believes in her husband and that she will stay by his side no matter what. I believe that Hyun Soo showing that he's threatening Ji Won on CCTV was all part of a bigger plan. Both Jae Sub and Ji Won are smart, thankfully. With Gong Mi Ja's statement, that is if she pointed Hyun Soo as suspect, they must have pieced it altogether.

• Like 9

From now I call BHS as Bas****.He use her mother to act like their maid who gonna home like Gong Mi Ja tell Detective Choi.And most disgusting thing he use her mother who had dropped the basket filled with duct tape and using the duck tape for tie the maid copse.So DHS fingerprint are on the duct tape.CJW matched  DHS fingerprint in duct tape with the fingerprint in DHS perfume bottle.What a evil are you BHS.Always play victim and use your parent to covered up his crimes.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

16 hours ago, thephamle said:

I say let flood tvn message board and tell them to give us epi 14 because they owe us one from last week. While they at it we need 15 and 16 too.  Seriously how am I going to work , eat and sleep for the next 6 days?!?!?

Hahahahha, after watching episode 12 and 13 in a marathon, I badly need episode 14 now! 

I don't know how can I continue my projects after that ending of episode 13, here's to me hoping that it was all plan after a preview of them running together was shown. But, I think, Do Hyun Soo was really hurt that Ji Won seems not to trust him enough. I just hope that when he grabbed that knife he already got hold of his feelings and had a plan laid out on his mind, I know the writer is smart so I assume I'll be getting a 5000 words explanation for that one. xDDDD Btw, in one of the previews he said that she should wish him luck instead and -- his tone is not lovingly.

EDIT: I rewatched the preview, his tone doesn't sound mad. xD 

17 hours ago, Jillia said:

@qynn @violina

I think as well it might have something to do with his past. I mean he is snapping when Ji Won's sunbae calls and she informed him on the phone "I'm here in the workshop with my husband". So maybe he just snapped because of that. Boy got accused of murder so many years ago without reason, so I get it I guess.

Oh, I just read this! Yes, yes, you guys are right. He only snapped and grabbed the knife after that call! Okay, here's to me being positive that Hyun Soo had a plan in mind when he grabbed that knife! 

Btw, is it just me that still have a bad feeling with their chief detective?! I mean, he played a villain in CLOY and I hated him! lol.  

Edited by Erika Song
  • Like 3

I am soo waiting for the next episode. These two were awesome as the writer really has taken viewers on the most roller-coaster  journey I’ve ever seen (aside from Time Between Dog and Wolf). You can’t predict what happens next and that makes it interesting!!

That said I really believe the kidnapping is staged. Ji-won trusts him and he knows that. By now Ji-won would be stupid to believe her husband is capable to kill anyone. HS knows that the killer has threatened Ji-won and their daughter. He’s sister is safe with Moo-jin. If he go to jail  Ji-won and their daughter will be in danger.

• Like 4

Okay, I think I'm starting to understand the knife scene. Yay! Thanks to all the posts here in soompi as well as in twitter and streaming sites, rewatching the episode 13's end and the preview also helped me. Whoooh. At least I'm not that stress anymore. :lol: I think Ji Won's doubt towards him had really hurt him badly. He was hurt, disappointed and maybe felt betrayed (to the point that his father's ghost who had stopped hunting him for a decade, came back). Now that Ji Won knows he's really Hyun Soo who is wanted for murder and tagline as a serial killer's accomplice, and not the loving husband Baek Hee Seong, Hyun Soo might have believed what his father said to him when he was younger (that his mother only loved the illusion of his father and could not accept him for who he was, then identified himself as his father and Ji Won as his mother) and, therefore, for a moment -- he doubted Cha Ji Won's love for him. Still, I wasn't convince that he will hurt his wife, that's why I was really confused when he grabbed the knife, I know he's hurt, but I couldn't believe what I was seeing, especially, after everything that had happened. 

When he heard that the police were coming to their workshop, he might have puzzled it on his mind that he's being framed up and there's no way, he would be able to get hold of the situation. If he ended up in prison, the serial killer will continue to be out on the streets, worse, can hurt his family (especially his daughter) as well as his sister. At that point, he might be thinking that no one in the police will protect him, especially, if, the only one who he could rely on -- his wife -- already doubted him. Even if Cha Ji Won will believe in him eventually -- she will not be able to prove his innocence plus he's being framed up and he doesn't know who it was (Did he know that it was Baek Man Woo?), hence, he can't trust people anymore. If the serial killer already outsmarted him just like that, what could he do if he was put in prison? Nothing. And as seen in the preview, his wife is with him and they are holding hands while running xD that only means that their relationship is not as broken as one can thought after that knife scene.

Maybe Cha Ji Won just chose to trust in him during that knife scene especially after she heard Hyun Soo's hurting words. Plus, she's also quick to notice if something is wrong with her husband (like in the calling scene outside the police station), she might have doubted him in regards to the maid's murder case, but maybe her good memories and trust in her husband kicked in more, instead of that small doubt. Then, after they escaped the house, Hyun Soo had calmed down and Cha Ji Won reassured him that he trust in him, then Hyun Soo shared his plan with her. Or maybe, instead of that scenario, Hyun Soo already talked about his plan during the knife scene to her (very kdrama like) and she chose to trust in him, then, they got out of their house.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

I am so disappointed in Ji Won I thought she was protecting Hyun Soo..? Then why the 180!? And Hyun Soo what was he tryin' to do LoL sheesh. This show has gone insane I tell ya. Guess this happens when a drama get high ratings. It's the same with Sky Castle.

I just laugh at Mrs. Baek admitting to everything was her doing ahahah! Then why don't they just pin all on her instead of Hyun Soo LoL?  

Er what's the purpose of hiding Jung Mi Sook? I want to hate Hee Seong but the actor who plays him Kim Ji Hoon is so hot LoL I am shallow I know. He looks so fine with that hair eheheh it's like Lee Dong Wook from Strangers From Hell.

• Like 1

Article Translation

‘Flower of Evil’ Lee Joongi x Kim Jihoon begin battle of brains – one plot twist after another

e25e8587bcb7033cd598a67dfd1e856a165d8818       

With one plot twist after another, tvN’s Wed-Thu drama ‘Flower of Evil’ finds Lee Joongi and Kim Jihoon starting their own battle of the brains, deceiving each other.

Episode 13 (September 10) averaged 4.9% and peaked at 5.5% in Seoul, while averaging 4.5% and peaking at 4.9% nationwide. Among tvN’s target audience aged 20 to 49, the episode also averaged 2.1% and peaked at 2.6% in Seoul, while averaging 2.5% and peaking at 2.8% nationwide. (Based on all paid platforms, including cable, IPTV, and satellite. Source: Nielsen Korea)

The episode reveals one shocking plot twist after another, getting viewers excited. First, Do Hyunsoo finds himself falling into his own trap because he’s been too convinced that the accomplice in the Yeonju serial murder is Baek Manwoo.

Baek Manwoo claims he is innocent by even showing Baek Heeseong who’s pretending to be in a coma. At the cottage, Hyunsoo expected Yeom Sangchul to be there because the latter was ordered to kill him, but only the caretaker arrives. Gong Mija also tells Hyunsoo and Jiwon that it’s probably the maid who leaked the secrets.

But the whole thing turns out to have been staged by Baek Heeseong, who’s seen through Hyunsoo’s plans, leaving viewers shocked. Heeseong has instructed his parents to buy him enough time for him to plant the maid’s hair in Hyunsoo’s car trunk. Heeseong has planned his counterattack to frame Hyunsoo for the murder.

Meanwhile, Haesoo finds out someone’s been watching her (at the same time when Hyunsoo is at Manwoo’s). Hyunsoo rules out the possibility Baek Manwoo is the accomplice, and makes Moojin promise him to never leave Haesoo alone.

Another plot twist finds Jung Misook, the last known victim in the Do Minseok killings, still alive and locked up in an asylum. Ditched by Manwoo and Heeseong, Yeom Sangcul is trying to use Jung Misook, who knows the real identity of the accomplice, Heeseong, to pursue his own interests.

Moreover, Hyunsoo’s fingerprints are found on the maid’s body unearthed in a mountain. Jiwon is devastated that she has to suspect her husband of having committed the crime and put handcuffs on the man she loves.

Looking at Jiwon, Hyunsoo is devastated and even sees his father’s ghost urging him to betray her. With tears in his eyes, Hyunsoo is confused and says, “Who in the world would believe me if even you don’t believe me.” Turning cold, Hyunsoo holds a knife to Jiwon’s neck. The shocking ending left viewers at a loss for words.

The couple reaffirmed their love for each other after going through the phase of doubt, but their love has once again been put to the test. Viewers wonder what Hyunsoo really means by showing hostility towards Jiwon, and whether or not the couple can beat Baek Heeseong in this battle of the brains.

Flower of Evil airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 10:50pm.

Naver

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1.Iam curious who spying Do Hae So? He left fingerprint . This is second time she has been spied on. 

2.every scene has meaning. I also believe Gong Mija was touched when Do Hyun Su said he considered Gong Mi Ja as his family. In episode 12 Gong Ming Ja saved DHS life. Will she saved him/his family once again in emergency? 

3.I confuse why  Jung Min Soek was put in mental hospital? Who put her in mental hospital? Head human trafficking or ? 

4. I don't think The psycho knows that Jung Min Soek was alive. Could she be the key to opening BHS murder case? 

5.DHs ran away because he wanted to find Jung Min Soek because he knew she was still alive. 

And one thing if DHS tell Do Hae Su he sees photos of the person who volunteer at the hospital in the treatment room Baek Hee Song when he pretended to be a coma and CJW and DHs saw it. I hope both CJW and DHS see that photo. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

On 9/10/2020 at 10:24 PM, thephamle said:

The real BHS better not come after our Egg Tart or else he has to deal with me?

To think there was a time we were wishing so bad that DHS would maintain BHS name:(. Like seriously, cant they leave these babies alone. All they want to do is feed each other egg tarts, egg soups and egg -everything.

1388b52865d42642b500f8ab88c27d30cbf77286750f36cfe3b17ab174d4b159da37883f1f22d9f9

Is there something like egg -milk too? I think he must have given her that.Seeing how she is so obsessed with eggy things.

10d8045e86462164506c8474c2007b1d2ed09d84

How will she cope now when her daddy goes AWOL next week? They were literally sobbing after being separated for like a day:(? I am with you. BHS better keep his hands away from Eun Ha.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

Just finished watching ep 13. I am quite impressed with the writer, she left a lot of clues/(easter eggs?) in this ep:

"I can see you but you can't see me" 

Spoiler

this statement is ironic, because the black box camera captured him on the pay phone. This also alludes to the fact that there is a black box in hyun soo's car when hee sung dropped the maid's hair in his boot

Hyun suu was 

Spoiler

wearing his watch when he got the strange call. most likely he wore it to the phone booth. It is an ironclad alibi that he did not go the the mountain. Camera also clearly shows he received the call at 2:30am, this is likely to be important

Spoiler

Jung mi sook's

first memories directly mirrors hyun soo's first memory in the forest. what if hyun soo was min seok's first victim? 

Camera does a close up of

Spoiler

the blade that hyun soo uses to threaten jiwon. The blade is one sided and hyun soo is clearly using the blunt end to jiwon's neck.

In the preview jiwon and hyun soo can be seen

Spoiler

running up the second floor stairs while the police enter the workshop. Means ji won left with hyun soo willingly even though she knows the police are already there

Jiwon and hyunsoo then goes to 

Spoiler

hide in a hotel room #908, they are seen using a laptop. Most likely they are checking hyun soo's watch's gps data or better, owner of the green car calls hyun soo and they are reviewing the black box image

• Like 1
  • Insightful 8

On 9/11/2020 at 12:02 AM, -Love Blossom- said:

I am feeling bad for little Egg Tart. Until her parents cannot solve their problems they cannot come home or meet her. That girl can't stay away from her father even for 1 day I wonder how is she going to manage now. But then she has her parent's blood she can handle it :wub::lol:

Come to think of it, Egg Tart might actually be a foil or in BHS words "an unpredictable variable" in BHS plans. She is a math genius like BHS that means she is very very smart. She is also very good at manipulation like DHS, CJW and BHS. Just study her interactions with Go Mi Ja from their very first interaction at the pharmacy. BHS uses his vulnerable looks and childlike voice as a teen and even now to manipulate his mother and deceive others into doing his bidding. Eun Ha also used her cuteness and sharp tongue to win grandma over. The time she went to the Baek's house along with grandma. She probably heard and saw a lot including the things that were said when they were arguing about BHS while he was still in a coma. I remember grandpa said something like " turns out the six year old was snooping around. Make sure she doesnt say anything." I think she might play a key role in cracking the serial killer case wide open.

fea769b3d99c44fb8159b26cc546350451198449

It also gives me a deja vu about a similar situation in drama "two weeks".The villain tried to kidnap LJK daughter at the hospital. The daughter deduced from a conversation they had earlier that the ahjussi was a bad one and she shouldnt follow him. I can see Eun Ha remembering the mantra DHS taught her (1)not to follow strangers, (2)adults dont ask help from children (3) mummy, daddy and grandma would not send anyone to collect her'.If BHS tried to kidnap her. She will outsmart him. She is his younger version just not a psycho.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 5

On 9/10/2020 at 4:41 PM, Sleepy Owl said:

When I look at this scene, besides l am loving every scenes with Eunha, In some morning hurried scene, I also like to ask why Hyun Su never ask his wife to just grab something for breakfast. Eventhough you are supper busy wife, you should just at least drink juice that your hubby made for you. LoL..
just my not important thought...:glasses:  

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1