My corner of Soompi

Lmangla

hope you are able to finish the dramas this time @MinLyn; can understand losing interest when you have fallen behind. has happened to me as well. I usually cheat by watching the last five minutes of the drama to get closing. hahahaha... so is once again ending soon?

• Like 3

@Lmangla Thanks for the Tag, This September I ventured to watch 5 shows from K drama and C drama , Ending of IONTBO left me with nothing to do live discussions on. 

I recently discovered C dramas and Found myself dedicately watching evry show of Denglun available with English subs. C drama are shorter in duration and Longer in Episodes , funnily enough they end up being same duration as K dramas but with Longer watching days. That kept me busy.

Shows I am watching/finished.

K drama

1. Flower Of Evil-I am suprised at every 5 minutes, still on early episodes because Subs are a bit late than original air date. having fun watchng this.

2. Kill Me Heal Me-Just started , heard a lot of praises bout this one. episode 1 intrigued me.

3. Oh My Ghostess-Park Bo young is always fun to watch, I loved her interaction with the Ghostess the Best and found she was in KMHM as well. Daebak.This show makes me miss the pre 2017 k dramas , I somehow always found those a better watch than post 2016 ones.

C dramas

1. Mr Fighting-Aiyaa never saw a more Raw Feels show in K/C drama, this show hits too hard in Real Life, with a morale one has to get up the next day for having Fresh Sun no matter how dark the Previous Night was. Sandra Ma I found is hats off one of the Best Actresses in Asian Drama/Movie I encountered by chance.Denglun as always is good but for once here you dont love him but the Heroine more somehow.I would give a must watch Slice of Life drama but beware of Length for those who are used to 16 episodes (1.5 hr episodes).

2. My True Friend- 2 Male leads Polar Opposites, Currently watching, this is Romcom mixed with Slice of Life, again ZhuYiLong's Broody Loner and Denglun's (his best acted out Role Yet) Softy Brat Young Man contrast just compels you to be divided in Teams , funnily enough I dont want either of them to end up alone or with the Heroine here.(No beef with the heroine but both males are too good to leave lol). For those who were fans of Choi Young Do (Kwb's role in Heirs), Denglun's character SPC reminds of you him and hangon without having a LMH's KT to vouch for Lol.

3. Ashes Of Love-Hugely Underrated in Xianxia C drama List. Never thought would say a 63 episode drama needed 5 additional episodes to give the OTP more Romantic Enclosure , its that Hurts your Heart Angsty.Fab Actors and Crisp Story but redundant Background Music.

4. Sweet Dreams-This Show can easily be divided into 2 different seasons , one is Romcom other is Drama, but Second half shows the Actual Potential of Main Leads.The first half is a pallate cleanser from all heavy shows I watched fhe first half of this year and so got easily latched onto it, and got so involved that had to binge watch the Second half. Very Creative Storyline Indeed.

Planning to watch.

1. Tale of Gumiho

2. Personal Taste-Long time no see.

3. City Hunter-Cuz I love me some Sassy LMH.

4.Because of Meeting You-Too many positive suggestions from c drama fans despite being a Melodrama of sorts. Having my fav actor gives it brownie points though.

5. Any New Drama/Movie from LMH and DL because ...it seems every actor in K/C drama has news about upxoming projects except these two who I want for. #angry but hopeful fan.

Sorry for Long rant. I guess I got hanged onto another actor leaving other one.Lol Cant help for either though.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, madmad min said:

This show makes me miss the pre 2017 k dramas , I somehow always found those a better watch than post 2016 ones.

totally agree; most of the dramas I watch these days I forget almost immediately after watching. :sweatingbullets: hahahhaa...

since you watch c-drama version of full house is out already? I have a tough time finishing c-dramas. the first few episodes are cute and then I am bored and drop it! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

totally agree; most of the dramas I watch these days I forget almost immediately after watching. :sweatingbullets: hahahhaa...

since you watch c-drama version of full house is out already? I have a tough time finishing c-dramas. the first few episodes are cute and then I am bored and drop it! :sweatingbullets:

I have to find the Heart or lets say get attached with the characters or be an ardent follower of the actor to watch the shows specially with C dramas, K dramas have more variety in that sense.

FullHouse reboot with YangChaoyue right "Mid Summer is Full of love"? It's sadly not available in my region :(, but it's on Air I believe. I am waiting for Love is Sweet to be available (LuoYunxi and Bailu) to see LuoYunxi for once in a Modern drama , I am bored of watching him in White Heaven God Dress in 4 back to back shows.

That said I pass my time with C ent variety shows, they are fun with subs specially (Escape room 1/2).

C dramas needs ardent patience TBH, 48 episodes arc are like First 7 episodes are Good, then they drag with Second lead always taking the main stage(And mind it, they are somehow way more stronger than Main lead as they are Anti heros not dejected ones) , then after episode 35 Bam it's high on voltage and Binge it out till end. But if c-ent can just mix match it , then it will be easier for a 20 episodic show.Plus I found their acting and overall feel is much more realistic than k dramas somehow, nice change. I am too selective for K dramas these days.So My trick is to watch c-drama 1/2 episode per day, then I get less Bored, plus I know when to fast forward Lol.

With pre 2017 K dramas it was easier and I found they had more Wow concepts, this year I was only able to feel for PsychoBio's female lead a bit and Jo-Gon dynamics in TKEM but not to the let's say point that I felt for W's main female lead or Pinocchio's Male lead. These days I think something is a miss even with OTP and bromances, nothing compares a BongBongMinMin (SBGS) , GoblinGrimReaper(Goblin) , KimTan-YoungDo(Heirs) ,DominJoon-CheongSongYi(YFAS) love hate friendship relationship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

For me most memorable dramas were the ones aired from 2012-2016-17. Dramas of 2018 and 2019 were not that memorable for me. A lot of them lacked qualities too.

I think 2017 saw some significant rise in ratings of private channels and their dramas becoming much better in qualities and popularity. For now, this year has had some really good dramas compared to the one last year, in my opinion though. But it is really sad to see channels like MBC, KBS, and SBS losing out to private channel dramas in terms of quality, ratings and also plot. 

Hope to see them come up with some really good dramas. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2

6 hours ago, Nodame said:

@madmad min I hear you on Ashes of Love, but I need to just finish it.  Great drama for sure ! The clips on YouTube got me hooked.

I can give a Spoiler...Fast Forward rhe Demon Ugly King and second OTP scenes , until episode 50 , that saves a Lot of Unneccesary Plot points.Lol.

@Jillia I love how even Goddess Bai Qian in your Gif gets her Me drinking time.She was a Cool one.Lol

@Sleepy Owl I agree this year actually the Private Channels ones have better Story Content than Public Ones, they mostly look glorious instead of indepth IMo.But hope for the best.

• Like 4

On 9/12/2020 at 9:48 AM, Jillia said:

I completey forget I'm chill-watching "Man in a Veil" and OH BOY! This is such a daily drama mess I'm loving it. :lol:

Wow, you’re right it ( Man in Veil) is a mess. I started this drama and now thinking off dropping it because of the directions it is going to.

I am watching Lie After A Lie, Stranger 2  and Sweet Enemy now 

11 hours ago, Jillia said:

Thinking about c-dramas I wish I could squeeze in somewhere a re-watch for "Ten Miles of Peach Blossom"... but yeah that won't be happening - at least until next year. :lol:

Source: Google

@Jillia I have rewatched this drama twice already.  It was a good binge watch . 

• Like 3

thanks everyone for putting in your thoughts -- gives a good idea of what dramas the soompi chingus are all watching.

:elated:

@larus @Jillia @Sleepy Owl @tulip06 @maribella @alleram95 @lebeaucouple @partyon @brooksmom @Fangirl22 @msdot @shana0127 @Nodame @mirmz @CarolynH @backstreetboysfan @LeftCoastOppa @ncly @MinLyn @Berou @madmad min @UnniSarah @H0ney  ..... 

catch ya next month!

• Like 9
  • Love 3

I'm currently watching: lie after lie and Alice, and I'm too hooked with those two dramas. I'm waiting with excitement every friday and sunday for watch them. I've cried a lot a week ago for "my mister."

However, from monday to friday I watch record of youth, do you like brahams and when I was the prettiest. I must admit I am addict to kdramas and to soompi forums. Every day my favorite web pages for visit are soompi forums and Kdrama OSTs. I really enjoy the comments and thoughts of soompiers about the series on air here. 

I am planning to rewatch: 49 DAYS and ALL IN. 

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

@tulip06 Missing - the other side, you can watch, as this drama is something different from the ordinary one.The plots are getting better as it moves on. :)

@0ly40 "My Mister" - I cried a lot too - another masterpiece drama and deserved the best drama & grand prize award for 2018/2019 :D

Another heartwarming dramas are:

When the Camellia Blooms - won the best drama & grand prize award too

This year, my personal favourite and wishlist is

"It's Okay to Not Be Okay" - i hope they can win too.

Not many good quality dramas hold high rating, while good rating drama that drawn immensely popular does not represent good quality drama. This is very much depending on the audience sizes, their age groups and their preferred genre. Sometimes, choosing a drama may also need to check the readers' comments. I almost missed out "My Mister" and "When the Camellia Blooms" because the poster didn't look good to me, but after reading the viewers' comments, I chose to watch them and it did not disappoint me at all, in fact, i was lucky not being missed out these good dramas.

If you have more time, I would recommend anyone to watch this good quality drama called "Beautiful World" (2019), until the last EP, you would then realise who is the real culprit, very nice touching drama. :wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 9/15/2020 at 10:29 AM, 0ly40 said:

am planning to rewatch: 49 DAYS and ALL IN. 

All In is one of my earliest Kdramas and I absolutely love the OST, just next to Dae Jang Geum's.

Lee Byung Hung was already established but watch Song Hye Kyo (not as beautiful as now :)) and Ji Sung who were up and coming. Don't forget to update what you think of it.

There is one show which I find heartbreaking, Damo. So sad :bawling: and brilliant acting by the rebel brother. 

• Like 3

hey ya chingus, can you believe we are in October? so what does your corner of Soompi look like this month?

my corner:

dramaland ~ two dramas are winding down -- 'mom has an affair' and 'Lie of Lies'. both will finish off this week and am hoping for a good ending. we still aren't sure why the drama is called mom has an affair but as long as the villain triplet - cruella, seok hwan and eun joo - are gloriously roasted, this drama is a win! :D am not too crazy about this new turn in 'Lie of Lies' but hoping we get a good answer on why the wicked queen was so obsessed with hurting eun soo. was there something scandalous behind her insisting that eun soo killed her son or was it all just about the money?

'man in a veil' is continuing to be oddly entertaining with its cuckoo crazy people. 'phoenix' will start next. wonder how it will turn out. it is a remake of the 2004 version which was really lovely. how does one turn 24 episodes into a 100+ drama? re-watch of 'faith' is chugging along. I really didn't remember the politics when I watched it from years ago but what is a saeguk without all those court politics eh? :sweatingbullets:

events & other thoughts ~ did you check out the spotlight on the royal court ship thread? loved this comment as it totally captures the magic of Soompi and the fun of shipping -- "Since members come from a wide range of demographics and geographic location, I feel like this forum brings the world closer together, figuratively speaking, even in the absence of verbally spoken words. That is really amazing considering how uncertain, unkind, and unjust the world has become in the last few months.

:biubiu:

thanks to the suggestion of @Ameera Ali, we are cooking up some halloween theme events. look out for those. if you haven't already, check out the meme thread which is running a halloween theme for 2 weeks. stop by, share some halloween memes and have a few laughs.

we had a few issues with the platform upgrade. if you notice anything, report there here and we will pass them on to admin. and for those who were missing the go to top button, it is back! :)

let us know what your corner is looking like this month.

re: @partyon

tagging some friends: @Sleepy Owl @mirmz @Jillia @Berou @MinLyn @Thong Thin @sadthe1st @Min2206 @joccu @larus   @HappyVibes @HR. @Heera @Lara2020 @kdfan_incad @mamabear @graceyco   @msdot @CallieP @H0ney @nohamahamoud2002 @maribella @UnniSarah @Secretz @chococarmela @brooksmom @tas82 @Ldy Gmerm @dolorisbrady @celebrianna @lolly84 @Ayame @MayanEcho @ChibiLy .......

Edited by Lmangla
  • Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Wiggle 3

@Lmangla thanks for the tag!

autumn is boring here.. i'm watching Alice (ending this weekend) 18 Again (it's cute! watch it!) Search (just 2 episodes so i can't decide much) and there's Kairos which i'm waiting for.. and hopefully Love Alarm 2.. not putting too many dramas on my plate, since it's nearing end of year and i'm hoping for more meet ups with my friends!

i just uploaded some random photos taken recently on IG to share them 

singapore is almost spring/summer all year round.. we get some foliage colors but very few..

u can see the ixora still blooming fierily here in september

• Like 2
  • Love 6

@Lmangla after this week end two of dramas I´m watching is ending.  I actually waiting them to end. mo is having affair has been going circles too many week so I´m glad that drama is ending. I´m so behind in man in veil. maybe next week I´m going to start watching that again.  phoenix is starting next week. I saw the highlight preview in youtube. It was interesting. then I´m going to check out penthouse and spy who loved me when they start. 

And then there is Empress Ki rewatch. We(me, @partyon , @Sleepy Owl ) have still 3 episodes left.  it finally going to end this weekend. It was a long ride. but I have to say it was fun to rewatch. There was lot of stuff that I actually did not remember.

Edited by joccu
  • Like 7
  • Love 3

@Lmangla, I had read the link you had provided to the Dramabeans review of the drama Phoenix. I liked the storyline. As of now I’m contemplating watching the daily show version. Is there really a revenge part because it didn’t seem that way in the shorter drama version? 

Three of the drama shows (Alice, Brahms, Lies) I’m currently watching will end this week. I’m mostly looking forward to Kairos next week. Oh, and @Lmangla, I really didn’t like the terminal illness introduced in Lies. The more I think about it the more annoying I find it.

• Like 5
  • Love 3