My corner of Soompi

Lmangla

@Lmangla I'm currently watching Mom has a affair  and Alice which are wrapping up this this week. I also have a few dramas I'm playing catch with , Man in a veil , Homemade love story. Search and Kairos just started so I have time to watch those.  I read about Phoenix  it  sounds good I'm looking forward to that too.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

@celebrianna ~ there wasn't really a revenge part per se in the shorter version...

@joccu ~ there were parts of mom has an affair that was really draggy but overall, I think it was worth the watch. am now looking forward to typing up nicely.

@dolorisbrady ~ am thinking of whether to check out kairos but depends on whether I have time. sometimes too many dramas, you just have to prioritize. :) hopefully, phoenix is a good drama to watch over 6 months.

@sadthe1st ~ that's some great resolution you have on your phone camera. really nice! :)

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2

Month of October...

There are too many bdays for C ent celebs in October, been stalking those newses Lol.

Watching :

K drama :

1. Tale of Gumho and liking it uptil now it's, Wuxia+K drama +Dark Horror= Amazing.

2. I need Romance - This is a Old K drama, suggested by my friend for Bolder Scenarios and Indian BGM which I found relatable funny.

C Drama :

1. Love is Sweet : Fluffy Romcom , I found major episodes skippable as this can be summarized as usual , no brainer but if one is into the main OTP it is a pleasure watch. But I will finish it.

Finished :

C drama :

1. My true Friend : Bold for the Scriptwriters to show some interesting Asian household dynamics(BTW this show has the best set of Parents for the actual main leads, kudos for that), but the main story did not need to have 48 episodes. Viki should change the Category for this show from idol Romance to Slice of Life Dramas. This is good but it has dramas within a drama which oddly keeps it interesting. Especially with Timed comments on.

K drama:

2. Oh My Ghostess : Nice sweet show, got draggy at the end though. Made me somehow miss Park Hyung Sik and Park Bo Young together. #Bongbongminmin4evea

Waiting For:

1. Confirmation of Pachinko from MYM and LMH. Fingers Crossed.

2. Movie Qing Ya Ji Premiere, and to see Yehua and Xufeng do the Ballad of Fight together. Fingers Crossed

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

Halloween is approaching and Christmas is right around the corner, huh?

excited the office GIF

In any case after a fantastic My Ultimate Oppa event last week, we are looking to bring you a fantastic Halloween event later this week. My dongsaeng @Sleepy Owlhas been helping out with putting it together - please look forward to it!

We will also bring you another Halloween event next week or the week after. All events will be good fun! :glasses:

This Will Be Fun Dance Moms GIF by Lifetime Telly

Ok?

@Lmangla and I have been planning to bring you both a My Ultimate Unnie/Noona event later this fall and a My Ultimate Oppa part 2 event before Christmas.

We might have a few other secret goodies in store as well. :kiss_wink:

I have been a bit swamped with lots of dramas on my plate lately. Will finish Empress Ki this weekend with @Sleepy Owl and @joccu. Am also enjoying our other re-watch event dramas, Innocent Man and Secret.

Started on the light fluffy Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol and am enjoying it a lot. :heart4: And my "zombie oppa" is keeping me highly entertained.

Chingu @Ameera Alijust pointed out on the Do You Like Brahms thread that I wouldn't watch a drama without abs in it. :joy:

I would like to remind my chingu that short oppa (aka Ji Sung) doesn't show his abs in Secret and I've never seen abs on Song Joong Ki anyway (am I right @Jillia?).

DDSSLLS - not well defined abs, but I did enjoy the shirtless scene anyway. haha :joy:

So only 2 out of 5 dramas I am watching now have an abs scene. I guess that's why I am enjoying Zombie Detective the most. :joy:

Oppa's biceps are nice too....

119989393-157112496074516-86133629782774

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, madmad min said:

There are too many bdays for C ent celebs in October, been stalking those newses Lol.

so what happens because of these bdays? do they do anything special? does random dating gossip happen? :D

saw the news about Lee Min Ho looking at Pachinko and so asked uncle google about the book. it looks like one of those epic kind of books that is filled with all sorts of ups and downs of a family...

1 hour ago, madmad min said:

This is good but it has dramas within a drama which oddly keeps it interesting. Especially with Timed comments on.

oh those timed comments can be so hilarious on really bad dramas. remember watching some lakorns (when it was available in my region) and laughing my head off at the comments. I still remember one of them -- the guy used to stare at the female lead and the comment was "so what is that vampire look? is he going to suck the blood out of her neck or is he planning to kiss her?" :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Okay So some really amazing dramas ended a couple of weeks ago which I was watching and some are on the verge of ending. I got to say I have been "drama overloaded for quite a time now". Stranger 2 and Missing: The Other side ended some week ago. Both of them were really well written, and I used to look forward to them every weekend. I have started the dramas following them "Start Up" and "Search" which also seem to be interested (maybe not as the dramas they followed). I also did start Private Lives, which seems to be interesting. 

Some really good dramas will also be ending this week and the one following it. I was not really going to watch "Lies of Lies" and "Do You Like Brahms". But thanks to @Jillia, @larus and @Lmangla's suggestions, I decided to give them a try and Wow, both the dramas were really good. While Do You Lile Brahms? started out as a music drama but then focused more on the relationships between characters, their struggles and how they would overcome it, Lies of Lies started out as seemingly Revenge drama, and the one where a woman would deceive the foster father of her daughter in order to get back with him, we see it also focus a lot on the motherly love and not much really on the revenge.

I was in search of a light drama and "Record of Youth" looked like one. I am very happy that the showrunners kept the drama light and so I really did enjoy it. This good drama will also end next week.

Another really great drama which will finish this weekend is Alice. Started out as sci-fi drama, I was actually very excited about it, although I was still trying to move on from not so great sci-fi drama TKEM which had similar concept and plotline (I'd rather say it had simpler storyline compared to Alice). Although it is my personal opinion and no offense to people who liked that drama. But what made Alice really special for me was that it made me open my physics books again, search and read for the theories which I used to enthusiastically do during my school and college time. The drama connected almost everything to scientific theories, gave proper reasonings for the events happening, which could be possible scientifically, and all its 14 episodes till now have had a major surprise element which most of the viewers would never even think could happen. But again, being a sci-fi mostly based on time travel, alternate timelines and multiverses, they didn't shy away from keeping their main focus on the inter-character relationships. Showing how the ML still regrets not having a proper meal with his mom and when it happens by time travel we see him showing emotions even while having Alexithymia. We have seen the MC being emotionally attached to his father figure, his wife and also his only friend Do Yeon. So it was good to see how they still decided to keep the inter-character relationships their top priority. And now while waiting for the final 2 episodes, I am mostly sure that the writers will do a good job in giving this a fitting closure. 

Since this many dramas would be ending in October, I decided to participate in the re-watch event for the revenge dramas too and started all the three dramas. Although I ended up making this re-watch event a binge-watch event for "Money Flower", I still am following the schedule for Secret and innocent. Got to say I was quite excited for the re-watch event of these dramas since I had watched Secret and innocent Man several times and didn't get to discuss about it with anyone back then. So it really is interesting to see it happening.

I also turned Empress Ki Re-watch event to a semi-binge watch event like @partyon Noona and @joccu. This actually happened because the episodes became more draggy and also almost half of the episodes would be boring. Of course it become quite good from episode 28-29 mark, but then the plot went downhill from episode 40 onward. Hopefully we'll be finishing that drama this week. But yeah, I'll make sure to post my thoughts every week for the episodes which were supposed to be watched at that time. 

I did start two more dramas on recommendation of @partyon Noona. Zombie Detective and My Dangerous Wife. While I really very unsure about Zombie Detective, but not even once did I regret starting it. What a drama it is and how smartly the writers have written. We get references from really famous dramas like Mr. Sunshine, Dae Jang Geum's Onara, a lot of references from the Last Empress. We also do see some references of famous memes which were viral back then and also get to see the struggles of Zombie trying to live among humans. 

My Dangerous life on the other hand is rather scary one, and even though it is really good to see the wife taking revenge from her husband for cheating on her, it still is scary how she is acting around with that super scary smile and laughs.    

I am looking forward to "Kairos", not so sure about "Penthouse", and still two hearted on "Spies who loved me". Seeing my drama schedule getting a bit free, I might decide to watch some really good dramas which I missed out on watching. Like "Chief of Staff", "Life" and may try to complete "Dinner Mate" and "Soul Mechanic" which I left on 10th episode and could not follow. 

As for the events, Noona already mentioned about the upcoming events on Halloween, and I really hope you all will participate in it and will really like it. 

So Chingus that's it with my long post. Autumn has already started, and many places have had their autumn snows/rains too. Stay warm if you are from those place. And stay cool if your city is still hot. On my side the weather is confused itself, it becomes cold with some rain and then hot suddenly. I really hope the weather becomes cooler on my side. Take Chingus :heartxoxo:

• Like 1
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 2

Well, you know I love my revenge dramas! I'm currently watching "Man in a Veil" and I plan to watch "Phoenix" (never finished the 2004 version). Phoenix looks like it's gonna be an interesting revenge drama, I'm wondering how they'll go about it, seeing how bad SBS dailies have been going (at least for me.) I'm wrapping up- along with my fellow viewers- "Lie After Lie". I don't like the new twist at all, but I still want some answers as to why the Evil Queen hates Eun Su/Snow White so much. Another drama I'm definitely watching is "Penthouse", once it premieres. Two actresses I like are in it. 

Older dramas that I'm watching are "Temptation of Wife" (I'm up to episode 91) and "Flames of Desire" (episode 4.) I dropped "Glass Mask" because I read about the ending and was sorely disappointed. I might re-watch "Heaven's Promise" or "Bird That Doesn't Cry".

I'm still looking for English subs for "Dangerous Woman", "An Angel's Choice", "Two Wives", "While You Were Sleeping" (the 2011 drama, not the 2017 version), "I Can't Stop", "Scarlet Letter", "Thorn Flower", "Pure Pumpkin Flower", "Can't Live Without You", and "White Lies". There's more but I can't remember them...

I'm also looking for subbed/raw episodes of Cheondamdong Scandal and Still You (Wang Bit-na is in it. Why not??)

• Like 1
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 1

26 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

so what happens because of these bdays? do they do anything special? does random dating gossip happen? :D

saw the news about Lee Min Ho looking at Pachinko and so asked uncle google about the book. it looks like one of those epic kind of books that is filled with all sorts of ups and downs of a family...

oh those timed comments can be so hilarious on really bad dramas. remember watching some lakorns (when it was available in my region) and laughing my head off at the comments. I still remember one of them -- the guy used to stare at the female lead and the comment was "so what is that vampire look? is he going to suck the blood out of her neck or is he planning to kiss her?" :lol:

Aioo..C drama Dating rumors are Bizzare, CPs date because they pose in a picture in a similar manner or at similar location or wish a Happy birthday on Weibo.

Recent eg had me laughing my guts off, there was this Bamboo Forest Shooting done by Denglun Yangzi XiaoZhan and WangYibo at like few weeks/months apart, one week one is dating one actor next week they are onto Next Person.Because they all had the Bamboo Tree shoot. :loolz:

Shipping is a no go there even If I really want to, real seems fake ,fake seems real.Fanwars are worst in that C ent section.I mostly stalk for some Drama news which I can see next.Legend of Fei is what I am eyeing for next.

Pachinko sounds like such a Legit Script, I do hope LMH officially gives it a Green Light.

Timed Comments are Must And I join them as well, you know kinda like Screaming at your TV SET while the Actress is being Dumb or Bizzare things happening(latest being Tale Of Gumiho, The comaprisons with Twilight's Edward Cullen and Vampire Diaries are on point during viewing), I am lowkey waiting for LDW or KBs character to suck Boah's blood there.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Awesome 1

Hello @Lmangla and also to@partyon, thanks for tagging!

Well, it's been busy the past month, and this month too for me. I try to log in as much as I could, but oftentimes very briefly.

I'm 4 episodes away from finishing the anthology With You/Together. Most of the scenes are something my soc med is filled of from friends and family in medical field for months now, whenever they are able to update...it will be strange to see them in normal clothes again after seeing them in full PPEs for so long. The anthology is a tribute to our hardworking front liners.

I'm still thinking what to watch next. :)

Advanced happy Halloween  everyone!

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

I've been watching a lot of movies lately. PG rated movies. I have to add here are some examples of  what I expect from some PG rated movies . Home alone, Honey, I shrunk the kids, Annie, Matilda.  You get the idea. So, I start to watch one PG rated movie, title is something like Love, in between. Oh, my this is not PG. This is a very steamy movie co-staring SYY from Happy Sisters, and My Wonderful Life. She plays the mistress here and as usual these types of roles brings out the best in her acting skills. crying, anguish, you name it. Hope the husband didn't feel pain in the end.:rolleyes: Rating can sometimes be deceiving. This movie was clearly an adults only movie.

Finishing Mom has a lover, mean moms on My Wonderful Life, trying to read that guys mind on Man in a Veil.

May see: Kairos, another time drama, Phoenix (for the eye candy), cdramas; waiting on Nov/Dec dramas not Birth Centre 

@partyon Yes, when a person is on a salary wage and gets paid once a month, those holidays come around fast.

• Like 7
  • Wiggle 2

Hey Guys,

Just finished the last episode of Do You Like Brahms and will finish ALICE  at the end of the week. Loved Brahms and hope ALICE  ends just as strongly.

Tried to watch The School Nurse Files but couldn't get past the third episode - Currently watching More Than Friends, and 18 Again, and liking both.

14 hours ago, Lmangla said:

'man in a veil' is continuing to be oddly entertaining with its cuckoo crazy people

... funny ... is that code for ... "its just like Fatal Promise"?

I freely admit I have been lurking a time or two on the Man In A Veil  thread, just to see if I was actually missing anything, however I'm proud to say I haven't surrendered to my morbid curiosity and watched any of it ...  (yet) :rolleyes:

.... I really hope Phoenix starts soon

Stay Safe - Stay Healthy Guys

:blush:

LCO

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

@chococarmela, I don’t think the ending of any Glass Mask adaptation will be satisfying. Why? It’s because it’s based on a Japanese manga that began in 1976 and hasn’t been finished up to today even though the mangaka is still alive. I read 49 volumes of the manga maybe five years ago and volume 50 has yet to be released. It’s a shame because many, many people are fans of the series and the main couple in that manga. People who read it in their youth from the beginning are probably older than 55 years by now. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 2

3 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:
18 hours ago, Lmangla said:

man in a veil' is continuing to be oddly entertaining with its cuckoo crazy people

... funny ... is that code for ... "its just like Fatal Promise"?

I freely admit I have been lurking a time or two on the Man In A Veil  thread, just to see if I was actually missing anything, however I'm proud to say I haven't surrendered to my morbid curiosity and watched any of it ...  (yet) :rolleyes:

:joy: kekekkeke..... so no, it is not as cuckoo as fatal promise where the leads were so annoying. like @nohamahamoud2002, I also like the male lead because his brain is working! okay, parts of it are not obviously hahahaha... but it is a vast improvement from other dramas where I am rolling my eyes and thinking "give the man some brain transplant or something so he can think..." :lol: hahahahh... the villain ladies are all super spiders and give me the crawlies with how devious they are. as of yet, it doesn't feel like a drama where the villains always get their way. instead, they get a knock and then have to scamble to do something else to make their scheme work. so it makes it interesting... as for the female lead, she is just dumb. hahahah.....

@celebrianna ~ I can't imagine reading a book/manga series for so many years and not know the ending. it would drive me nuts. it is why I stopped watching english dramas as much. they run for years and when you get to the end, you are still unsatisfied. after so many burnt finales, I just lost interest in keeping up for so many years. so give me short and sweet. that said, I watched parts of glass mask and I would have to warn @chococarmela that the ending just made me roll my eyes. @chococarmela ~ some of these older daily dramas sound like fun but it is so hard to find subs for them that I gave up. if you ever find any, just alert. we are usually on some thread anyways. :)

@brooksmom ~ I hope no family member walked in while you were watching that steamy movie. I remember your post in mom has an affair about how your little grand daughter walked in on the kiss scene and was scandalized. hahahahah... :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

Thanks for tagging, @Lmangla

Here are the shows that I'm watching for this month:

1. Man in Veil. A frustrating daily drama that I watch mainly for laughs. It's frustrating to watch because the unlikable Female Lead and the weird slow-paced plot. Kinda boring in a sense but I still watch it because I always watch the dramas for this timeslot.

2. Homemade Love Story. Not sure why I watch it but it's a fun family drama, so... Idk I need some shows without too much suspense, my young heart cannot take it.

3. Lies of Lies. Great drama, totally recommend to others to watch. Really hope there is a happy ending. Fingers crossed!

4. My Dangerous Wife. This show is a remake of a J-drama which I fell in love with it instantly after watching the first episode. Really satisfying to watch the FL crushing her husband!

5. I'm also rewatching The Legend of Zhen Huan because it's a classic. You cannot get tired of it! Totally recommend this if you like harem dramas.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

11 hours ago, madmad min said:

Recent eg had me laughing my guts off, there was this Bamboo Forest Shooting done by Denglun Yangzi XiaoZhan and WangYibo at like few weeks/months apart, one week one is dating one actor next week they are onto Next Person.Because they all had the Bamboo Tree shoot.

this sounds hilarious. LOL. I want to see pics of bamboo tree shoot that has netizens pairing off these folks. :lol:

@Sleepy Owl ~ not sure how you are finding time to watch so many dramas! guess you have patience or maybe young? LOL. I feel like I am ageing because I barely watch 10-15 minutes of a drama and then get up to start doing other tasks in between. so an hour drama can sometimes take me a few hours to watch.  :sweatingbullets: but I wanted to ask you about alice. so it didn't turn into fauxcest right? saw some comments that folks were uncomfortable with certain episodes and were dropping it... 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

this sounds hilarious. LOL. I want to see pics of bamboo tree shoot that has netizens pairing off these folks. :lol:

@Sleepy Owl ~ not sure how you are finding time to watch so many dramas! guess you have patience or maybe young? LOL. I feel like I am ageing because I barely watch 10-15 minutes of a drama and then get up to start doing other tasks in between. so an hour drama can sometimes take me a few hours to watch.  :sweatingbullets: but I wanted to ask you about alice. so it didn't turn into fauxcest right? saw some comments that folks were uncomfortable with certain episodes and were dropping it... 

As for Alice, I was totally sure it was not going to happen, and it didn't really happen (won't spoil the details though). I don't even expect romance happening in that drama. Didn't expect it from start, don't see it happening in the last 2 episodes. 

Most of those 10+ dramas that I have been watching are the ones which I follow. Out of which 4 were aired during weekend and so no problem in watching them. Other than that, I usually watch the subbed episodes as soon as they come before going to bed. I rarely watch dramas during the day time on week days, except for Mon-Tues, since I am watching 4 dramas aired on those days. So on those days, I watch 2 during night time and 2 in the evening. I have scheduled my re-watch dramas for weekend, since I can watch them during the day time. With Alice and Lies of Lies finishing this week, I might even push those re-watch dramas for night and free my daytime. 

I don't really know whether it is patience or age, but since I am used to binge-watching a lot of dramas, watching a couple of episodes is not a big deal for me I guess. I usually have to stop myself from binge-watching, especially the re-watch dramas : Secret and Innocent Man. 

As I said earlier too, I am not really interested in the dramas following Alice, Lies of Lies (don't know which drama will follow it), Record of Youth and Zombie Detective (don't see any drama following it though). So suddenly my drama schedule will get much more free. I will be completing Empress Ki this weekend too. And I don't really intend to start that many dramas in place of them, might start a couple of dramas which I missed out on watching. 

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1