FAQ and reports on issues with Forum software upgrade

Admin

Question

Hello Soompiers ! 

Report here if you run into any issue please :)

List of issues brought to Soompi staff : 

-    Default theme too bright 
-    Embedding images/videos/gifs via link not working anymore ( all old posted images/videos/gifs are replace by the link). Clicking on them direct you to an error page " 403 forbidden". The posts containing these deleted media can't be edited anymore, trying to put back the media in the posts leads to empty posts. 

-    The go to the top of the page functionality gone   SOLVED
-    The forum being laggy and going down  from time to time 
-    Bugs in the poll functionality : voters counter incorrect
-    Reaction button missing for some users

-   Old archived threads not loading. This message shows : This topic's posts are not available currently. Please try again in a few minutes.

-    Choosing  a DP: the new software only allows uploading images, the option " insert a link" is gone

-    Getting an error message  " The page you requested does not exist" for some pages  [link]

-    Embedding gifs is not working [ link]

Note : On Ipad a blank space ( the size of the gif) is shown & on computer/mobile a broken link is seen

-   Getting an error message " This community is temporarily unavailable. Please wait a few minutes and try again"

Note : some users can't read some sections.

-  Only embedding images that have an https:// link works for most part, embedding http:// links doesn't work anymore. Sometimes, an error message appears "The link could not be embedded because of an unexpected error. Forbidden : Something went wrong. Please try again" when trying embedding https:// links.  

Note : embedding https images from weibo doesn't work

- Sometimes editing posts makes the post goes blank ( as if the post was erased). Refreshing the post makes it goes back to pre-edit.

- Selecting a quoted text is impossible & selecting it manually results in browser crash

- The Soompi staff 

adding to the list:

~ some users are not able to see the gifs that folks are sharing

~ old archived threads don't load posts..
~ some of the old threads (events in 2019) load whereas others don't show any posts (the threads are not archived)

• Like 4

Dear @Berouchingu,

"The page you requested does not exist"

Mostly I get this message when I click on forum pages now.. Refreshing doesn't work anymore!!! :bawling:

And this is my most fav drama of my most fav korean actor. This thread was never archived before & it's saddening that I can't see the comments I happily posted back then in 2018. :bawling:

Thanks a lot & regards!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Wynna94 said:

I am here to report that everytime when I try to go and check the topic soompi hangout then I get this: "This community is temporarily unavailable
Please wait a few minutes and try again."

@Wynna94 Is this still an issue? The site has been a bit unstable since our upgrade on Monday, and it sounds like an issue that has to do with that. It should be working now.

16 hours ago, Wynna94 said:

Okay, sorry, but there is another error what I report now...
It's strange and there is a possibility that the problem is my internet connection or maybe my mobile phone maybe... Actually many of the forum topics aren't load when I am loged in, so I am unable to read, write and use the forum. 
When I logging out then I am able to enter into topics and read them. 

I don't understand this. 
When I registered here I used Firefox, but I have this problem with Puffin too...

I think the issue is related to your phone. Do you have the same issue when you login using a computer?

On 10/16/2020 at 4:45 PM, Berou said:

-    Default theme too bright 

-    Embedding images via link not working anymore
-    The go to the top of the page functionality gone
-    The forum going down and being laggy  from time to time 
-    Bugs in the poll functionality : voters counter incorrect
-    Reaction button missing for some users

-   Old archived threads not loading. This message shows : This topic's posts are not available currently. Please try again in a few minutes.

-    Choosing  a DP: the new software only allows uploading images, the option " insert a link" is gone.

@Berou I have tested the image embedding. Embedding images that have an https:// link works.
Note! http:// link images don't embed anymore. I expect that this is by design.

Though embedding https:// images work for the most part, I have noticed that even this doesn't work from time to time.

I have encountered the error: "The link could not be embedded because of an unexpected error: Forbidden: "Something went wrong. Please try again."."

I was able to solve this issue by going on another thread, and tried posting the image there (which worked successfully). After that it was working again on the original thread I tried to post the picture in. Refreshing the page several times didn't work. Not sure if the glitch was on the thread I was on or if it was just time that solved the issue....

In any case, I have reported this to our admin.

• Love 1
  • Insightful 3

On 10/17/2020 at 7:08 PM, Berou said:

@Thong Thin & @Lmangla for the gifs issue, is it a blank espace or the link, instead of the gif ? 

Juz sharing not sure if this issue is still valid:

1. On ipad - what i see is a blank space (presumably the size of the gif)

2. On computer/mobile phone - a broken link (note the source is copied from a https url)

On 10/18/2020 at 12:28 AM, Wynna94 said:

When I registered here I used Firefox, but I have this problem with Puffin too..

I have no problems reading the forums using Firefox.

Maybe u should try to access the forums via other browsers ? (Google chrome being the most common)

I am using  Samsung Internet browser on my mobile to access this forums as it is the only browser that is able to enable me to view Soompi forums in 'Dark mode' theme:grimace: (*phewww~~)

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

23 minutes ago, Berou said:

@gm4queen we are aware of this issue and currently investigating it. The thread is archived, so the content is unreadable.  We are not sure whether the thread got archived due to the upgrade. Many threads with less than a year old last reply are archived. 

Yes, that's what I mean as well chingu! In earlier times, a soompi thread closes for further connections when it was inactive for more than 2 yrs something, right?! But now, this is another case even when we reply every year... :( And also the content was visible & readable in earlier times, even if the thread closed for further connections.

And the message goes on my fav actors thread which I am in charge of. 

https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/235126-choi-daniel-최다니엘/?page=62

I really hope you guys can sort out the glitches we have now in soompi forums. This is my daily dose of happiness, you know. :wub: Love you all!!!!!!!!!! Eagerly waiting for more details!

• Like 3

Okay, sorry, but there is another error what I report now...
It's strange and there is a possibility that the problem is my internet connection or maybe my mobile phone maybe... Actually many of the forum topics aren't load when I am loged in, so I am unable to read, write and use the forum. 
When I logging out then I am able to enter into topics and read them. 

I don't understand this. 
When I registered here I used Firefox, but I have this problem with Puffin too...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Trying to select all the text in my post when it contains a quote from another member is impossible on my apple phone. When I try to select manually, it makes my browser crash. This happened twice.

Also, embedding https images has never worked for sites like weibo.

• Like 3

On 10/19/2020 at 2:56 PM, Jillia said:

I experienced the following hiccup just now. I posted a comment but it disappeared and only showed up again after I refreshed the tab. Then I tried to edit the comment and it said that this item can't be edited anymore because it doesn't exist or was deleted. But when I refreshed the tab the comment was there and I was able to edit the comment then.

yea, I had a similar problem now. I tried editing the comment and it shows up blank (like post was fully erased) but when I refresh, the post is back to pre-edit...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Most of the photos and some gifs and videos which I've posted prior to this Software Upgrade have disappeared. When you click on them,  All went to "403 Forbidden".  And when I tried to fill these space up with New Materials, the whole space will empty out. That means we cannot "Edit".  So very frustrating.  Even more frustrating for new "Lurkers" or "Followers".  They will be wondering what this person isdoing, having Posts which do not make sense

As far as I know, we cannot delete an empty post space, can we?  So it looks so funny.  Can u add a Function for us to totally Delete a Posting Space which we do not want or need anymore?

I've to search for new stuffs to fill up these empty spaces.  Will it always be like this?  How long do we have to endure all these inconveniences?  All my Past Efforts just went down the Drain like that.....:angry:

And of course, at times we cannot access this thread. We log in to see "This Community Is Temporarily Unavailable"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi!

Just logged back in after a long time and forgot my old username. I’m  hoping to gain access for We Got Married couples. But really, just the Oh Yeah Couple (Kang Ye Won and Oh Min Suk) Will that be possible? Thank you for all that you do!

So many images have disappeared, with a blank space and not even a link to where they really live on the internet in their place. :( Are they gone forever? Cause that...would be a LOT of images, and what a lot of discussion is centered around in the threads. 

The other day there was an announcement that we were once again allowed to embed Instagram posts. Has that already been reversed? Or are recent posts including IG images just missing because of board upgrade issues? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jillia said:

We're still investigating the issue with the picture.

As for Instagram posts: you can embedd IG links again. :) And it should work just fine.

I'm glad it's allowed! I thought I would start with my own, just in case. 

However, hm, the forum actually won't let me. I try to stick in a URL and it just is giving me an error. It worked the other day? But those images have all disappeared, and I can neither edit them back in nor write a new post with a link.

• Like 2