My corner of Soompi

Lmangla

4 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

it depends on the weekend drama; tried once again but the first few episodes were not my taste. the sticky factor was missing for me and I just lost interest.. will check this if I have some time.

is this the second lead who has yet to show up? looked him up. have you seen him in other dramas?

so for reference for those who love abs. cough @partyon.... ^_^

I'll watch it @tulip06  :love:

Tagging my a(b)s sister @Berou :kiss_wink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

10 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

The drama also implied that: Traveling together, traveling separately, traveling alone, is the only way telling us life is such that we have to accept being alone sometimes, and separation from our loved ones doesn't always mean a sad thing in life, because it signify to set them free, and let them become independent and allow them to find their own happiness.

you write so beautifully! :heart: so is the above a poetic description of a time leap? if so, your version sounds better than so many dramas where they don't explain and we are left wondering why on earth we had that ending where they separate, then meet at the airport with a new hair cut and clothes.....

44-Fated-to-Love-You-Episode-12-Review-J

EDIT: bwahahahha... @partyon ~ veils abs man hasn't even shown up yet and you will pull your hair out if you decide to watch this drama. am going to be cracking up at your comments... and can't recall any abs in daily dramas! LOL...

:loolz:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

@Lmangla thanks for the compliment, my dear.  I am glad that you enjoyed my poetic description of writing, and not a boring type...hahaha.

Every ending has it own interpretation by every individuals.

To see a happy ending in this fairy tale or romance Kdrama was the joy of everyone. For this drama, It could have been a trip "in the name of family", but in the middle of their road trip, the elder brother left his younger brother to start a trip alone because he found his own value. In fact, my heart was just filled with the joy and happiness of trio along the way, but the next second was hollowed out by elder brother's departure because he choose to be independent and want to find his own happiness (he is a autistic person), it was a surprise for me but I could fully understand with the writer intention if we think deeper.

To answer your question - it won't be a time leap. To me, it would be a continuity of their life  journey to healing and self discovery.

I hope you did not miss out this masterpiece.  If you have not watched yet, highly recommended you to watch it :)

• Love 3

Pretty Boys

@maribella said: "I am reading a  few Drama forums. Flower of evil is scary, the acting is great. It took me a few dramas to like LJG. He reminded me of Boy George who was really weird."

I've always asked myself what is it with this guy face that I can't get past it. And you said it, it's the boy george look. He is not evil enough to where I can stop looking at his face. I've had the same problem with most of his dramas.  His scenes were my favorite in My Girl.

(Will re-watch his dramas). Lee Min Ho has pretty face but tall manly stature. In The King: Eternal .... I kept looking at his lips. The makeup people sure but on a lot of shiny orange-brown lip stick on them. Um, um, um.

Yesterday, I happen to see Youn Kitchen, where the actors run a restaurant in Spain. One of the customers makes a comment while she's eating. These Korean men sure are good looking. Are all Korean men good looking. Look at his skin, aw. Other person says, it's the kimchi; they eat lots of kimchi. They order two more servings of kimchi.  The good looking actors are Lee Seo Jin and Park Seo Joon.

Finished Graceful Friends. A bunch of average looking 40's friends. With the exception of the villain Kang san. He had it all but was a baddie.

Alice:  ML tall with baby face. I'm getting bored . Looking forward to Seok Oh Won and Min Hyuk. Has Min Hyuk put two and two together yet. He is just so into the cause. And I guess Seok Oh Wons' cause is the opposite of Min Hyuks'.

Missing: We have a mixture of guys here. The lead may be good looking but I can't see it with that hair cut. His village partners' facial facial features stand out more than his but I do like the leads acting skills here. The lead cop with the missing girlfriend, he looks nice but right now with his acting, I feel lost too right along with him. The first guy that found his body, he was drinking vine when he disappeared - I didn't recognize him from other dramas like VIP. @tulip06 Me too, when subbed eps don't come out in a timely way, we tend to just miss the episode. But in this drama, I'm not going to drop it.

18 Again: I usually don't like this adult lead cause he usually plays the loser. His 18 yr old self may change my perception of him. Maybe not a loser here.

SF8: I'm waiting to see Siwon. Good actor. Tall, classic good looks - meaning same hair style. I've liked most of the SF8 eps. They're thought provoking. Don't watch before bed. Thought provoking follow you into your dream world.

Finishing Once Again: It's like a daily drama on the weekend -  8 one hrs eps a week as opposed to 5, 30 min eps per week on the daily dramas. Weekend are family oriented, daily are scandalous. Love all the guys even the older seasoned ones. Can't wait for the pairing at the end. Including Lee Pil Mo. I don't know - seems like in the dramas I've seen, he doesn't get the girl, or the LF anyway.

The Man in a Veil:  I did notice that the male lead hasn't worked out. That fits in with his role. Will he start to work out for his adult cold man role. You'd be surprised how fast those abs develop. Protein and egg shakes too.

Also watching Mom has an Affair, Brilliant Heritage(part-time), My Wonderful Life(on stealth mode :ph34r:). Will peek at Once Again replacement, Zombie Detective when they premier. I average 10 dramas 

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

@Lmangla Watching kdramas every weekend became my safe haven from my crazy workload. I'm currently rewatching CLOY,MOTA (cause I'm so whipped with HB lol ), Moon embracing the sun and The Producers. Now I just save Record of Youth since I'm missing PBG alot this days.

I can't believe I can still manage to watch alot of dramas despite my crazy workloads lol. Fangirling life brings me so much happiness :heart:

• Wiggle 1

I'm watching Flower of Evil with a friend, and we just love it and LJG. My friend keeps saying, "How can he be so skinny and sexy at the same time?!" After this we're going to watch Alice with Kim Hee-sun and Joo Won. It's been a long wait for Joo Won to do something after his military service and will be nice to watch Kim Hee-sun again. Loved her in Faith.

In the meantime I'm watching It's OK not to be OK, Empress Ki, and finishing off Ghost Detective.

It's hard to believe Ji Chang Wook did Healer very soon after finishing Empress Ki. Extremely different roles. He's great!

And of course, as a serious LMH fan, I keep watching episodes here and there from his various series, especially from Faith and The King.

Lastly, I'm thinking of going back to Slave Hunters/Chuno and finishing it. Jang Hyuk has a great body but seems to specialize in looking really scruffy, not my fave look.

• Wiggle 1

Presently  watching Missing:  the other side. I like the story and somehow got hooked coz of Go Soo. After long I found his drama watchable! I loved him best in Love 911. 

Waiting for Mankid in „Man in Vail „ to turn Normal Man( it happens only in drama ) . Till then haunting it’s forum .

Still not out of Fatal Promise.Let me See which drama overcomes me. 

Flower of Evil .. well will give it a try once it’s finished and I am in mood of Binge watch. Why?  coz I am big fan of its ML . I loved him best in Arang . But recently he has been doing lot of action drama and seems to be all Cosmetic face! 

Biggest problem with short drama Popular  ML and FL is that they get so much cosmetic face and flawless that they loose the natural charm . That’s why I have started liking family drama actors more. They are lesser cosmetic and I find them natural.

All my favorite actors and actresses are getting old, nearing forties and now they put so heavy make up , got so much plastic surgery and have turned extra fit so much so that they look more like Mannequin then Human! 

I tried watching Lies of lies and somehow it did not click to me . Yuri is so much like her old self as in The Promise ( I saw few of its episodes coz it popped up whenever I searched for Fatal Promise ) and I feel like she is just repeating . Plus I am not her big fan . I like ML so will still give it a try , may be later. 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

Hi everyone ! 

Thanks @Lmangla for the invite .

Not going to lie typing this on my cell phone is not fun. It takes me longer to type though as I have no laptop at the moment for a while, lol.  

Let me see dramas on my rotation. Well work has been up and down luckily not busy season. I keep busy with Korean Meetup and then a Zoom class weekly. Those activities  and homework eats into my time. Weekends I try to do stuff and then don’t watch much other than my first family weekend drama ending the weekend.

Finished earlier this month Men and Men, Are We in Love? Good Detective . Started Record of Youth ( :heart3:  Park Bo Gum) , Do You Like Brahms (OTP & classical music), web drama 20 20, Flower of Evil, Once Again, Lonely to Love, At My Prettiest,  two rewatch parties first viewing for me- Moon Embracing the Sun & Empress Ki.

i used to watch Running Man, WGM etc Family Outing but not really. I am grateful for the Soompi forums since becoming active again in May after 6 years lurking and being active. Now over 1100 posts from 500’s. Crazy.

Summer enjoyed IOTNBO an My Unfamiliar Family were gems .

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

13 hours ago, Lmangla said:

so what has been happening in your little corner of Soompi these past few weeks! let us know!

well rn im still wondering if the club feature works because on thursday (yeah i think it was thursday for me) and i saw that my meme fiends club was up and i was kinda confused but i was happy too. i hope that it eventually starts working, maybe i should try and post a meme there idk. ik i already told u this but if u ever wanna do a meme event @Lmangla it should be in my meme fiends club. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hey!

So we are discussing what dramas we are watching?  I'm watching

1.Flower of Evil -both actors are doing a great job.  However, I never believed LJK's character killed anyone.  Now the real Baek Hee Sung is one scary dude.

2. Record of Youth -trying to get into it, but not capturing me

3. Designated Survivor (US version)- I really enjoyed the K version; I'm comparing the similarities and differences

4.  forest of secrets 2--loved the first season, especially the friendship (if that's how you'd describe their relationship) between SiMok and Yeo Jin

I stumbled across Twogether, the variety show and loved it.  LSG and Jasper were great together.  Anyone have a recommendation for another variety show besides Running Man?  I tend to favor shows like Amazing Race or World's greatest race (an eco challenge).  Twogether had some of that on a lesser scale.  

I struggle to remember the names of characters; anyone have any tips?  The names sound the same to me, so I end up having to go back to figure it out or look it up on asian wiki ( I actually had to do that to write this post argh!).

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

Hi @Lmangla I am down to 13 drama's now ( with a few more finishing soon) :). I did have a new one started today. and I am waiting for LBC S2 to finish (So I can just watch it all at once.  I am loving  Record of Youth. There are some drama's am waiting to see how they end before I watch Iike  (Flower of Evil and Do You Like Brahms). 
I am waiting on 18 Again, More Than Friends and Oh Samgwang Villa. Plus I have some older ones I am watching that I am watching off list (They will just go on my done list once I am done them

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

Greetings All!

September has been busy for me with real world issues, so my drama viewing has been subdued to say the least.

Like many of you here, I'm currently watching Alice, and Do You Like Brahms?. Both dramas, I'm happy to say, have exceeded my expectations. Especially Alice, which after watching TKEM, I was wondering if they could make the whole time-travel plot line work well ... and it is a resounding YES. 

Unfortunately, those are the only two dramas I'm following presently. I was looking forward to Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol  but its premiere was delayed due to COVID. I'm also looking forward to picking up the Phoenix remake as a daily in October. 

Loved reading all your comments - I'll be adding a few of your dramas to my watch list, and adding a few to my avoid list too! :lol:

Stay Safe - Stay Healthy Guys  :blush:

LCO

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

Thanks @Lmangla for the tag!

I finished watching Stranger 1 in early September, got my mom hooked half way into the drama and now we're both watching Stranger 2. We plowed through Stranger 2 on Netflix so quickly that now we have to wait every weekend for new episodes, and so the wait isn't very pleasant for my impatient mom :))

The World of the Married just released on Netflix (in my region) so I just got through ep. 4. Good thing all episodes are out so I can watch as many as episodes as I want without having to wait for another week. 

I'm joining the Moon Embracing The Sun rewatch and to be honest, it's so good that I finished watching it already :)) It's probably going to be a while until I return to watch another drama of similar style/era. 

These are the only two I'm watching so far, not sure if I can take more since watching 2 is already a heavy load for me.

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

2 hours ago, Nodame said:

@CarolynH lol frankly I always have drama Asian wiki when I type my posts! I don’t recall the character names well until writing soompi forum posts but even then not always can I recall. You are not alone!

Me too! I open another tab for Asian wiki so I can peek at all the names of everybody on the drama.  And another tab for looking up words and such. I edit my post on average about 20 times. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

kekeke... @brooksmom ~ was giggling at your comments on pretty boys; haven't seen you make such observations. LOL. but then again as @shana0127 said, daily dramas are not exactly filled with pretty boys. hehehehe...

9 hours ago, msdot said:

My friend keeps saying, "How can he be so skinny and sexy at the same time?!"

LOL, agree with your friend's assessment! hahahah...:sweatingbullets:... if you are still watching empress ki, you can join the re-watch and comment along. think they are on ep 12 at the moment. have I got it right @Jillia @partyon?

10 hours ago, Fangirl22 said:

I can't believe I can still manage to watch alot of dramas despite my crazy workloads lol. Fangirling life brings me so much happiness

I know right! :wub:

@mirmz ~ yea, waiting for the update on the clubs section. chingus, if you like memes, please join the meme thread in hangout here. @mirmz changes the theme on a regular basis. so you can lurk and have some laughs. maybe click those LOL reaction buttons!

@CarolynH ~ am really bad with learning names even in real life! hahahahha... so it takes me a while to remember and it seems harder in dramas. people tend to use the initials here in soompi and I often find myself confused for the first few weeks. kekkeke.. prefer to write out the names so that I can remember. otherwise, my trick is to simply resort to giving them a nickname. this way, I remember the face and eventually will learn the name. LOL.

@Nodame ~ hate typing on the phone as well; only use the labtop to type posts in soompi, it would otherwise take me forever! not sure how others manage to write long posts using their phone. good dexterity and eye sight? :)

@ncly ~ yea, there are some seasons for me when watching even two dramas feel like overload! have some more time at the moment and so able to watch five dramas.. but might ease back once a few of them finish... @backstreetboysfan ~ 13 dramas is still a lot! you must be a maestro with time management. :)

@LeftCoastOppa ~ if you have some time to kill, do join the a man in the veil. it sounds as bonkers as fatal promise but better written and acted. LOL.. lets see, hopefully we won't be eye rolling the way we did with fatal promise. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4
  • Love 5

The month of September has been an exciting and memorable period for me thus far whereby I was once again brought back to Kdramaland and being able to renew my passion in dramas again.

Due to my busy schedule at work and being caught up with the ongoing events in my personal life, I can't really recall how many dramas for which I have watched only the first few episodes and finding myself dropping the dramas due to time constraints. As time passes by, subsequently, I have kinda forgotten about these dramas too. Maybe it's also largely due to the fact I couldn't sustain my interest nor passion to want to continue watching these dramas from its start till its end. 

Lately, I find myself hooked onto two dramas, namely, ROY which just premiered on 7th Sep and the family drama, Once Again. In a large way, both are such heartwarming and beautiful slice of life drama with their fair share of romantic and lighthearted moments, yet also coupled with a couple of intense scenes too evoking the mixed emotions of the viewers. 

All these have allowed us to delve on the ongoing events and experiences in our lives which we may have forgotten or have neglected due to our busyness. There are valuable lessons for which we have learnt and also be reminded of the people whom we hold close to our hearts and the things which matter the most to us.

All in all, I can't wait to see how the story would unfold in the dramas. If time permits, I would also love to share my thoughts and insights about them while being engaged in animated discussions about the shows in the forum. :fullofhearts:

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1