[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

On 8/16/2016 at 1:52 PM, jeijei said:

Why You Need To Watch “W” Right Now

@jeijei amen to that article. above all. must highlight this portion:
" Han Hyo Joo, making her small-screen comeback after six years, is a perfect match for Lee Jong Suk in her role of Oh Yeon Joo. I really like Yeon Joo because she is a well-balanced character: She’s very sweet and innocent, but smart and strong enough to search for solutions instead of waiting for others to save her; she earnestly wears her heart on her sleeve, but can keep her cool in a tough situation. Han Hyo Joo really makes everything click into place. "
Han Hyojoo's character Oh YeonJoo defy the norms for normal KD female leads characters, in her unique ways, (put aside the Actress HHJ's excellent performance first) and just focus on the person Oh YeonJoo that is so believable and likeable. She's in fact having this oxymoron well mixture of different characteristics, and definitely not just a 'female character put there for the sake of having a need to play the role of love interest':
1) she's submissive to the will of her loved ones, yet will stand on her ground when she see needs. from young she knew her own gift in drawing, and was snuff off, and steer to take on another path instead of the one she loved. The original theme of Kang Chul, should be an inspiring Biography of a spirited youth (sharpshooter), but her Genesis creation of Kang Chul should be a Romance Genre Comic, if she were given a choice to go on to write. but she obey and studies medical, and hand her creation to dad who steer it into Thriller instead. she happily go on to excel and work hard in that which she has not interest.
but when she realised there's a need, she will stand still, and fight against the odd. she will sacrifice whatever she labour for what she believed. when she need to fight on, she will do anything instead of succumb to fate, she goes to the extend of flashing herself nude (should be wearing that black transparent lacy top/bottom right?) before , hahaha, this itself chuckle me a great deal. i seldom see a female lead do that, yet wihtout even a sense of 'cheapness or lust' mixed into the flashing. only when this is acted by Han HyoJoo, you find that scene completely 'clean and funny', HHJ has a way not to cheapen an otherwise cheap act if play by some 'pretty young things' actresses.

2) She's been humbled always by crazy dog, and is truly humble. she doesn't make good of her identity of "daughter of some Great people", she may even meant it when crazy dog said why such a lousy person like herself is the daughter of someone so great as Oh Seung mo, and she humor herself to apology for that to happens. hahah. i find her sometimes has this dry humour that is so becoming. She is basically low-profile, mellow, humble to all her seniors as well as peers. Being forced to matchmaking with such a "loser looking lame guy" (by again, that crazy dog), she played along, not being offensive, nor insulting. she in her own real world, is very much a very considerate, accommodating, sacrificial persons. Even when mocked by Chul (thru the comic pages) that her beauty is so-so like everyone else, she doesn't take offense. But she is ready to believe when he assured her later on, that she is indeed beautiful, or say charming. She is like i say, not a very 'self-importance' or self-glorifying person.

3) She trust, and is ready to believe. she tried to find ways herself, instead of wallow in grief or shock, or given up. i loved just she will try to put herself in his shoe and imagine his state under water. She forgive him long before he is able to apologise for shooting dad. knowing that dad is the one who provoked him, even when Soo bong reprimanded her saving Chul as the roof of all evils. She was not a single wavered and start to blame Chul for everything. she did blame herself for causing dad's near death. she blame herself for not stopping her heart and wandered uncontrollably into Chul's world. But she see where Chul's stand. i just hate those female leads that simply doubts at every suggestions and start to be angry with the male leads who loved them so. Or female leads that always turn a 180degree and blame the male lead whenever one of the parent wounded and above all.... i hate female leads that suggest breaking off at the slightest hint of misunderstanding. this girl trust, wait, seek, on her own. even with her own guilt harboring, over shadowing her dad's almost death, she still feels him, know why he did that, felt his utter helplessness, aimlessness, agonies. instead of focus only on "how dare he shot my dad" (which will be what many other female characters do in other dramas). 

4) she is self sacrifical. selfless. she can give up all for him. she realised what is Real. i specially loved the prison confession of love at ep 7, so do i loved the scene where she talked to herself in the cell at night, saying she was the happiest this very night, felt so real. this girl see beyond what is real and what is superficial. While his identity is fake, his feels is real, what he went thru to himself is real. his agonies, his mourning , then his fighting spirit, his intelligent, but above all, his interraction with her is real. he trust towards her is real, his protection over her is real, his growing fondness is real. his doubly wounds is real... not to mention the beating of his heart, the warmth of his blood, that warm thrill his lips felt is real, that look of concern is real. in comparison to what she might just become if Chul never walk back into her life.... got a licence. open a hospital, marry a doctor, have some children. while all these are real, but not what the 'REAL YEON JOO' WANTS. this world of chul help her to realise she rather to love and be loved by a fake identity 'person' with a real vital shattering love, then to pass thru life emotionless loveless marry a real guy. so what is real? at least Oh Yeon Joo and this W worlds, stirred us to ask a lot of questions, while drooling at some boxer, dying to chose some Option 4, demanding for more kisses, and trying to zoom in to a certain LJS's opened mouth (and oh that sexy tongue)...
this is not a ordinary Kdrama, not a ordinary OTP, not a ordinary female lead.

i said before, to the rare list of female characters that can touch me/thrill me/make me cry; adding to the likes of  Jeong Yoo-jin, Ha No-ra   Chae Young-shin, Lee In-A.... will i add, Oh Yeon joo. 

• Like 22

5 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

STOP!!!

Do you have Information that she really was Influenced by that Video Clip??????

I really wish to know that. I shared my personal Story here 100 felt Pages ago - and this Clip was my reason to work on that Idea since I´m a Teenager. I just dropped it out of different Reasons. I shared the Clip here too... But when I did that W did not show the Window Scene.

So will you tell me now that my beloved Writer Nim really was inspired by the same Video????

@Rania Zeid shared the article first many pages ago. I can't find her original post sorry but here is the article and it's sources

“W” Lee Jong Suk and Jin Jong-oh’s parallel theory (Continued)

Writer Song got inspired from the MV “Take on Me” by Norway pop band a-ha. This MV was released in the year 1985 and became a sensational hit. The MV depicts love between the male lead in the comic and the female lead who looked at him from reality, the male lead in the comic stretched out his hand outside the comic and pulled the female lead inside the comic. Writer Song was a big fan of a-Ha when she was in secondary school, Take on Me MV was stuck to her mind back then and she received inspiration from it. 

In W, the lead character in the comic acquires his own self will and lives on his own, unrelated to his creator’s will. Through this, it is not about who made us and placed us in this system to grow, but it starts a philosophical discussion on subjects like whether it is right to lead our own life in our way. When we talked to Writer Song about this, she said she liked SF movie Blade Runner, and that (T/N: I think this that was referring to what the reporter wrote before) was because she often places topics about searching for origin of existence in her works.

(Original article)

http://www.hankookilbo.com/v/036201e8dca74b3b80a4a5b3e25ae62f

http://amyhsk.tumblr.com/post/148980150738/w-lee-jong-suk-and-jin-jong-ohs-parallel-theory

Hope this helps  thinking-red-crab-emoticon.gif

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

@Rania Zeid shared the article first many pages ago. I can't find her original post sorry but here is the article and it's sources

“W” Lee Jong Suk and Jin Jong-oh’s parallel theory (Continued)

Writer Song got inspired from the MV “Take on Me” by Norway pop band a-ha. This MV was released in the year 1985 and became a sensational hit. The MV depicts love between the male lead in the comic and the female lead who looked at him from reality, the male lead in the comic stretched out his hand outside the comic and pulled the female lead inside the comic. Writer Song was a big fan of a-Ha when she was in secondary school, Take on Me MV was stuck to her mind back then and she received inspiration from it. 

In W, the lead character in the comic acquires his own self will and lives on his own, unrelated to his creator’s will. Through this, it is not about who made us and placed us in this system to grow, but it starts a philosophical discussion on subjects like whether it is right to lead our own life in our way. When we talked to Writer Song about this, she said she liked SF movie Blade Runner, and that (T/N: I think this that was referring to what the reporter wrote before) was because she often places topics about searching for origin of existence in her works.

(Original article)

http://www.hankookilbo.com/v/036201e8dca74b3b80a4a5b3e25ae62f

http://amyhsk.tumblr.com/post/148980150738/w-lee-jong-suk-and-jin-jong-ohs-parallel-theory

Hope this helps  thinking-red-crab-emoticon.gif

That help a lot ! WOW - I kinda hoped it - but I did not really guessed it will be like that. Thanx a lot ! Somehow it makes me really happy. That was my reason to jump over the Place when I found out about the Synopsis - it sounded like the Idea I was working on (still lingering in my mind) plus my favourite Actors. I can only love it more now.

• Like 5

I'm joining you guys in spazzing today kekeeke ... but I don't know if I can do live streaming today... 'cause in the past few weeks I haven't had a good live streaming of W... thank God we have ep.8 today... 065 16 Funny Tuzki bunny workaholic gifs emoji download rabbit emoticons rabbit emoji 

Thank you in advance to those who will do live recaps and screencaps...You're all jjanng!!!!  142 30 Lovely funny transvestite emoji gifs to download

• Like 12

[W Two Worlds OST – Part 4] 

w-two-worlds-ost-part-4.jpg
작사: 최강, 5ily | 작곡: 최강 | 편곡: 최일호
Lyricists: Choi Kang, 5ily | Composer: Choi Kang | Arranger: Choi Il Ho

혹시 넌 알고 있을지 몰라
내가 어디에 있든지
혹시 날 보고 있을지 몰라
항상 늘 그래 왔듯이

이렇게 너 하나만
원하고 너만 기다리잖아

우리가 만난 그때 그 자리에
지금 이 자리에 네 향기가
잊지 못해 잊지 못해 난
여전히 시들지 못한 기억

혹시 넌 듣고 있을지 몰라
내가 너만 부르는데
혹시 날 찾고 있을지 몰라
항상 난 같은 자리야

이렇게 내 가슴은
원하고 너만 기억하는데

우리가 만난 그때 그 자리에
지금 이 자리에 네 향기가
잊지 못해 잊지 못해 난
여전히 시들지 못한 기억

아직은 지우지 못한 채
떠나지 못한 채 그 자리에
멈춰있어 멈춰있어 난
네가 내 곁에 있었던 그때로

우리가 함께였던 그때로

[Romanization]

hoksi neon algo isseulji molla
naega eodie itdeunji
hoksi nal bogo isseulji molla
hangsang neul keurae watdeusi

ireohke neo hanaman
wonhago neoman kidarijanha

uriga mannan keuttae keu jarie
jigeum i jarie ne hyanggiga
ijji mothae ijji mothae nan
yeojeonhi sideulji mothan ki.eok

hoksi neon deudgo isseulji molla
naega neoman bureuneunde
hoksi nal chatgo isseulji molla
hangsang nan gateun jariya

ireohke nae gaseumeun
wonhago neoman ki.eokhaneunde

uriga mannan keuttae keu jarie
jigeum i jarie ne hyanggiga
ijji mothae ijji mothae nan
yeojeonhi sideulji mothan ki.eok

ajigeun jiuji mothan chae
tteonaji mothan chae keu jarie
meomchwo isseo meomchwo isseo nan
nega nae gyeote isseotdeon keuttaero

uriga hamkkeyeotdeon keuttaero

[Romanized by: sleeplessaliana]
[Korean lyric by: melOn]

• Like 11

7 hours ago, violet88 said:

Hello all.. this is my first time posting in this thread despite following the drama diligently from beginning, and been silent lurker all this while. Well, actually this is the first time I am able to finish back read the thread, all the while I'm constantly on back read mode :) and that's why I'm thinking of posting a comment today to commemorate my accomplishment.. haha..

This drama is my new addiction now, and LJS is really at his best as Kang Chul, my ultimate comic hero!.. :) Not to say HHJ is perfect as the bubbly, cute and strong willed Oh Yeon Joo.. I reeeaaaally love episode 7, and my favorite scene was the one with newly-wed KC + YJ got busted while trying to get more kisses and onto 'more action' by his dense bodyguard.. YJ was too cute in her reaction and action to cover her embarrassment (haha, she just can't stop her 'acting' that she was busy with something else, and not doing anything 19+ rated with hubby KC despite the bodyguard already looking at opposite direction and wouldn't see all of her 'acting', what a cute one!...). And their exchange of dialogue/reaction when KC tease her that he like 19+ rated the best before he leave the room to meet DY was pure gold.. hehehe.... i love this OTP so much.. and can't contain my excitement for ep 8 tonight....

welcome to W thread and hope e'll have great time all of u here sharing our love for the great drama!! :D

hhhhhhhhhhh yes they are so cute and lovely!! I love Kang Cheol's teasing her and how she ends up flustred :lol: 

Lee Jong Seok and Han Hyo Joo are doing great job portraying their characters indeed!! :love: 

• Like 7