[Drama 2017] While You Were Sleeping, 당신이 잠든 사이에

ilwoo_aein

tumblr_ow0j3ky9aO1r3hdhfo7_r1_540.giftumblr_ow0j3ky9aO1r3hdhfo6_r2_540.gifO

One Giving Protection....                  :heart:                   One receiving it...

When thinking about the first two episodes my heart is frozen and cannot move from this scene.  It's one of the most beautifully filmed views I have seen in a while.  That along with the emotions, words and I mean the perfect song was like the icing on the cake, to perfect to even believe.... It was like the first snow of the season magical with a rush of emotions and feelings that made you want to hold someone too...

Who would have ever believed the writers would give us not only a moment & melody to always remember but a twist of fate so soon that would not only inspire us but leave us in a sense wonder... 

The moment JC woke up from his dream and the story took on a whole new meaning I was still thinking about HJ falling and the view of her fingertips releasing that bar and the sight of JC's face full of fear and rushed attempt to grasp onto HJ and her life...

Still it's that last scene of him knowing what would happen and the reality of being the only one that could prevent a young woman's life from being destroyed.  It would seem that boy who disappointed his father, himself and sold his honor once upon a time proved as a man through this moment alone that he had regained it. Not only because of his actions in risking himself while using his car to stop the future but also his willingness to not allow YB to destroy yet another life...

Standing there in the dark of night with the glow of street lights beaming from above them. That stillness of a city still a sleep behind them and the softness of every snowflake that surrounded them.  Yet there would be much more beauty than that for in his mind there would have been such relief in knowing this time unlike on the roof of that hospital he had saved her...

As if time had stopped while still in a bit of shock HJ looking and most likely taking all that was around her in and listening to YB describing JC's life and accusing him and JC's words so familiar in reply.  Must have felt like her own life's story being told and unfolding in front of them as well.  Seeing JC standing there alone was like seeing through a mirror at her own refection not only knowing that look but those feelings of loneliness.  Then him saying those words quietly within his own mind. " Right.  Who'd believe me?  If I say I saw you in my dream "  Little did he know that in truth he would have just found the one person who would.  For those unsaid thoughts and words were not only understood by her.  She knew them well as if she could hear him loud and clear everything he said she knew was real...  For she had not only said them too, she had lived them...

Looking at him without taking her eyes off of him as her body even her hand tightened it's fingers into a fist. As she slowly one step at a time moved her feet through the snow covered ground towards him.  Still her mind full of thoughts and words still lingering and a heart that must have been beating so fast and so loud.  In just knowing for the first time she was truly no longer alone.  Remembering those thoughts and fears and questions of why me???  Suddenly so filled with this overflow of thankfulness that by some miracle she was not the only dreamer.  With each step closer her emotions were pushed to the surface and as her eyes began to fill with tears. So willingly wrapping him up within her arms snugly & tightly around him in finally knowing and realizing its true, he is real.  I can feel his warmth and hear his heart...:heart:usafarmgirl

@jellybellymonster @Visually-wandering I'm getting slight Tomorrow With You feels :lol:. You see the end in front of you , it seems like fate has decided - but if you can find a way to change a variable , the outcome maybe different. (  @Cherrine Kim I am thinking of you & wondering if you would like to check this out because it's the kind of genre we both like. ) 

What an awesome first two episodes! This writer has matched or even surpassed my expectations for a pilot episode @USAFarmgirl @lynne22 @kokodus. I like the parallel scenes shown separately from her & his point of views. The added back story of "Mr Just Ice" and "Lawyer  S-Lee-z ball" adds a lot of depth to the already intriguing storyline. The ending was beautiful & hopefully sets the tone for the rest of the drama.

But I have to say  it's Suzy's emotionally charged scenes that are pulling my heart strings here . I have never cried Within 30mins of any first episode of a k drama. This is my first time watching her, and she's already drawn me to her side @CamelKnight I'm totally stanning for your girl here! :lol:

@bebebisous33 @vangsweetie637 @kaoriharang @cherrycokez Since on our other drama we have been making so many speculations, what do you think is the connection btwn the first & second eps . Would it  be right to say the 1st eps is what could have happened & the second is the reality ? Or is the first episode a dream within JC's dream ala inception.

@nonski & any other chingus please feel free to chime in...

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, nonski said:

@bebebisous22 chingu about your post, I think YB will definitely dump HJ after witnessing that scene.  For one, he had been cross with JC in that scene, even with that alone, he will definitely dump her.  As a man he will be offended after seeing that. His pride alone would make him do that.  I don't tho that he has the same ability as JC and HJ.  

and @bebebisous33 I don't think Yeo Beom will dump or break up with Hong Joo, she will if anything trusting Jae Chan's words/dream regarding Yeo Beom's personality!! Yeo Beom's pride will stop him from breaking up with her in my opinion, he won't accept losing her to Jae Chan who he still see as the dumb kid who needed his help to increase his grades and won't accept Jae Chan's words be trusted over his!! for him Jae Chan needs to always be looked down at and never trusted for his dirty acts and nature never to be revealed!! 

and no Yeo Beom doesn't have the ability to dream of the future, I think I read at his or Hong Joo's character discription that he knew her when she was in her high time smart, pretty and loved by those around her before her dreams comes in the way and he still believed that she'll be back to her old self with time!! I hope I'm not wrong though!! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, nonski said:

@bebebisous22 chingu about your post, I think YB will definitely dump HJ after witnessing that scene.  For one, he had been cross with JC in that scene, even with that alone, he will definitely dump her.  As a man he will be offended after seeing that. His pride alone would make him do that.  I don't tho that he has the same ability as JC and HJ.  

TO @nonski & @bebebisous33 my apologies in quoting this and adding my own thoughts... About YB dumping HJ.... I for one, sure as heck hope so!!!!!!  It would seem YB hasn't changed a bit since his youth in fact it would seem he is capable of doing even worse.  How low can  he go I have a bad feeling much, much lower....  I hope HJ not only walks away from him I hope she RUNS.....

6 minutes ago, triplem said:

@jellybellymonster @Visually-wandering I'm getting slight Tomorrow With You feels :lol:. You see the end in front of you , it seems like fate has decided - but if you can find a way to change a variable , the outcome maybe different. (  @Cherrine Kim I am thinking of you & wondering if you would like to check this out because it's the kind of genre we both like. ) 

What an awesome first two episodes! This writer has matched or even surpassed my expectations for a pilot episode @USAFarmgirl @lynne22 @kokodus. I like the parallel scenes shown separately from her & his point of views. The added back story of "Mr Just Ice" and "Lawyer 

S-Lee-z ball" adds a lot of depth to the already intriguing storyline. The ending was beautiful & hopefully sets the tone for the rest of the drama.

But I have to say  it's Suzy's emotionally charged scenes that are pulling my heart strings here . I have never cried Within 30mins of any first episode of a k drama. This is my first time watching her, and she's already drawn me to her side @CamelKnight I'm totally stanning for your girl here! :lol:

@bebebisous33 @vangsweetie637 @kaoriharang @cherrycokez Since on our other drama we have been making so many speculations, what do you think is the connection btwn the first & second eps . Would it  be right to say the 1st eps is what could have happened & the second is the reality ? Or is the first episode a dream within JC's dream ala inception.

@nonski & any other chingus please feel free to chime in...

Chingu-deul! Happy to be in the same thread again with you.

Actually, I have IHYV feels from the start with HJ and her mom, the supernatural ability, the feeling of responsibility that comes with it.  Although here HJ was burdened right right off the bat whereas it was circumstances that triggered on IHYV.

This is my fifth engagement with Park Hye Run, this dramas screenwriter and each time one will never be disappointed. 

This is Jongsuk's 3rd drama with PHR and Suzy's second.

I just love love her writing.  

The director is likewise really good.

@Visually-wandering I would agree with you that on this drama, it proved that pre-production is an advantage giving us the best quality production.  They really used the time to clean up things before the drama is shown.

• Like 11

@triplem ah yes Tomorrow with You feels... wow so cool, Tomorrow with you destiny, Inception vibe :D

It's too early for me to make prediction, I want to watch episode 3-4, but for fun, episode 1 is what could have happened if they don't change the fate and episode 2 is the reality, JC change HJ fate. But HJ know from the beginning of episode, she will hug HJ, so actually she knew JC will stop her mother died. It is so hard to explain LOL 

Now let's watch, 8 minutes and let's grab our popcorn

Nlujm7a.jpg

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl said:

TO @nonski & @bebebisous33 my apologies in quoting this and adding my own thoughts... About YB dumping HJ.... I for one, sure as heck hope so!!!!!!  It would seem YB hasn't changed a bit since his youth in fact it would seem he is capable of doing even worse.  How low can  he go I have a bad feeling much, much lower....  I hope HJ not only walks away from him I hope she RUNS.....

actually I was so satisfied when she steped on Yeo Beom's pride trusting Jae Chan's "crazy" talk over his "logical" one, I want more of that and not only from her but everyone who used to trust him and was decieved by his fake nice act, it will take time but I'll wait for it!! :naughty: 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

and @bebebisous33 I don't think Yeo Beom will dump or break up with Hong Joo, she will if anything trusting Jae Chan's words/dream regarding Yeo Beom's personality!! Yeo Beom's pride will stop him from breaking up with her in my opinion, he won't accept losing her to Jae Chan who he still see as the dumb kid who needed his help to increase his grades and won't accept Jae Chan's words be trusted over his!! for him Jae Chan needs to always be looked down at and never trusted for his dirty acts and nature never to be revealed!! 

and no Yeo Beom doesn't have the ability to dream of the future, I think I read at his or Hong Joo's character discription that he knew her when she was in her high time smart, pretty and loved by those around her before her dreams comes in the way and he still believed that she'll be back to her old self with time!! I hope I'm not wrong though!! :sweatingbullets:

hahaha our thoughts on this varied, on being dumped we have opposite opinion while we share the same thoughts on his ability to dream or see events on his dream. :) 

8 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl said:

you're more than welcome to use our quote and thoughts, this is what the forum is all about and looking forward to your wonderful and heartfelt thoughts chingu-deul!  :) 

• Like 9

9 mins left,  waiting the live streaming...

I love the plot twist, i really do, what will happen in today episode, i really can't wait...

@nonski hi...nice to meet you again :) 

the hugging snow scene really reminds me of goblin, indeed beautiful cinematography... 

1wol9q.gif

Awwwww CUTEEEEEEE

• Like 12

tumblr_owz2qvwPBe1vpmpmko1_400.giftumblr_owz2qvwPBe1vpmpmko3_r2_400.gif
tumblr_owz2qvwPBe1vpmpmko6_r3_400.giftumblr_owz2qvwPBe1vpmpmko5_r2_400.gif
Spoiler

tumblr_owz2qvwPBe1vpmpmko2_r2_400.giftumblr_owz2qvwPBe1vpmpmko8_r1_400.gif
tumblr_owz2qvwPBe1vpmpmko7_r1_400.giftumblr_owz2qvwPBe1vpmpmko4_r12_400.gif

“Right. Who’d believe me if I say that I saw you in my dream…
and that I came here to change what I saw in my dream…
because you looked so sad in it.
No one will believe that I changed your future.”

Edited by MadraRua
Please only 3 images per post, put the rest under spoiler tags
  • Like 13

It starts!!! HJ and JC leaving for the hospital in an ambulance, only after JC and YB share a lonnngggg look.

JC aaks why HJ believes him. HJ says she believes him, he saw it in a dream right? She says she's the same as him. 

First appearance of KSH's cameo! She's at a piano recital.  A woman looks like she's in pain and someone asks if she's okay and she says yes after the man next to her held her hand.  Looks like he's pressuring her...

Back to HJ and JC at the hospital. JC still trying to understand what HJ is saying about her dreams

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, herina_90 said:

It starts!!! HJ and JC leaving for the hospital in an ambulance, only after JC and YB share a lonnngggg look.

JC aaks why HJ believes him. HJ says she believes him, he saw it in a dream right? She says she's the same as him. 

- EPISODE 03 -

VEzruLx.gif

Spoiler

SgPJqJj.gif

qR6gboz.gif

GogR580.gif

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1