Soompi love feast

Lmangla

Ugh, I hate being late to a thread and I'm certainly so late in this one!!! I just spent a good chunk of my work morning reading all your posts!

So here's mine:

1. I had to check my profile to see when I joined Soompi and apparently it was in 2014 so I guess that would make it 5 years? In the beginning I would just casually check Soompi to find information about a drama I'm watching. The drama that got me participating in Soompi was Discovery of Romance and then I think it was Goblin. I was in and out for a few years.. mostly staying quiet until a few months ago when Meteor Garden 2018 started airing. Then I started exploring Soompi more and found myself getting hooked. I've been a regular Soompi-er ever since. My favourite thread has to be Add/Sub because it's just a nice place to hangout and talk about anything and everything. I love Soompi because it has allowed me to meet new friends who share the same interests as me but have also encouraged me to expand my horizons and appreciate different opinions and points of view. None of my friends where I am are hardcore drama watchers so Soompi has been a great place to spazz and fangirl over oppas and dramas. 

2. There are so many foods I love that I cannot just share one! But for now I will share this:

I am a fan of anything noodles and right now I am craving Pancit Palabok:

maxresdefault.jpg

3. I am glad I met you guys here!  @USAFarmgirl @Sejabin @dotonly @kokodus @triplem @sushilicious @cenching @angelangie @Lmangla @lynne22 @Dhakra @staygold

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, mouse007 said:

Ugh, I hate being late to a thread and I'm certainly so late in this one!!! I just spent a good chunk of my work morning reading all your posts!

the effect of time zones! we are going to sleep just as you wake up and vice versa...

@Lmangla I have never been tempted to eat Subway after watching a drama either. Subway is not my favourite place to eat at especially when there's so many other delicious food around.

Like @stroppyse I've probably eaten more ramen and korean food because of all the dramas. 

@cenching isn't water apple called "Makopa" in the PH? I love it too and I also love duhat.

@triplem I don't remember if I've ever tried Durian but mangoes have to be my favourite fruit. 

@rori0711 are you Filipino? You're making me hungry with all the Filipino food you've been posting! My parents are actually making leche flan for me and they're bringing it over this weekend (I hope!). Halo-halo has to be one of my favourite foods.

25 minutes ago, angelangie said:

lols

anti love??? **ahem** u were just watching and hook on hahahahaha O2O :D 

Shhhhh...

Image result for shhh gif

Image result for shhh gif

pwahahaha. You caught me, @angelangie! I'm such a poser. #fakenews_packmule3

My latest reviews on Love O2O

And Pride and Prejudice

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/02/07/richard simmons-talk-a-quick-note-on-pride-and-prejudice/

More wine??

Image result for more wine gif

@mouse007 I know that noodle dish, too!!!

I've tried it. It has red sauce, but it isn't tomato-based, right?  I tried it thinking it was some kind of spaghetti with seafood. Lol. Ignorance! Thy name is packmule3. 

Is this a Love "Feast" or a Love "Fest?" Kind of has a bit of a "Fest" vibe to it.

Anyways, an IMMORTAL! directed that a post be made celebrating...

SHIN HYE SUN!

Why are we celebrating Shin Hye Sun, you ask? Well, let's bulletpoint this particular situation:

• Resilience! SHS has worked her way up to TOP EXCELLENCE AWARD WINNER, by paying her dues in commercials, print ads, and progressively larger acting roles. She has overcome quite a bit of adversity, since her days of selling 5900 won pizzas!
  • Versatilty!  What role do you need? An emotional soprano? An intoxicated teacher? A choco pie-craving 17 year old, in a 30 year old's body? A baseball pitcher? SHS has got you covered!
  • Cow Mode! SHS scoops up one project after another, spending most of her time working like a cow. During her infrequent spare time, she isn't partaking in billable hour-generating scandals- she is probably sleeping, or watching animations. (Or doing things like this.)

Please visit the Soompi SHS thread for more! 

@packmule3 the sauce is usually orange but yes, it's not tomato based. I think it's some sort of paste that gives it its color but I don't know how to cook it so I'm not sure what the actual ingredients are! LOL but yes, it's usually got seafood in it like Shrimp. 

I also love this:

Grilled-Stuffed-Squid-Inihaw-na-Pusit.jp

When we went to visit Boracay a few years ago, my husband and I ate this every day. 

of things I love is that surprised feelings when this forum can be so.. Much more. How can I explain it? When it is drama thread, I feel like I'm not just watching, but watching together and trying to understand deeper. Really want to join more drama thread in the future. Then, when it is hangout thread, I feel the warmth.. How people can be so caring, carefree, supporting through words behind life of an id are beautiful. And I'm really thankful for a chance that maybe I saved from tsunami because of your prayers too, good people. Thanks sister in heaven @CatchMine_ID who was introducing me to this land:heart:

pieces are never enough for dim sum. I need a bucket more and want to share the love!!

dim-sum.jpg

tagging hmmm.. People that I wanna tag already here or am I missing my brain capacity to remember all username, even my simple math +2/-2 is not trusted these times lol @sushilicious @USAFarmgirl @triplem @staygold @dotonly @lynne22 @Dhakra @stroppyse @Lmangla @staygold @cenching @mouse007 @angelangie 

and from recent drama thread.. MotA @hyuuhikari @rori0711 @Kasmic @PororoQueen TD @Ameera Ali :cookie:

A little anti-love song that is one of actually my fave.. Never gets old! 

48 minutes ago, Minoo Maani said:

I loved joining the feast but sorry I'm in a diet and here seems persuasively appetizing! :P:D

...kekeke... there always seems to be celebration with lots of good food just after you decide to go on a diet! hahahah.... or drama fan problem -- you have eaten but then you watch an episode and there is the character eating and you think "maybe snack??" hahahha....

Let's_Eat-0003.jpg

1 hour ago, bairama said:

pieces are never enough for dim sum. I need a bucket more and want to share the love!!

absolutely! who could stop at 1. :D

3 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

While talking about SSR..let me promote his soompi thread. I just had it reactivated. So updates are minimal. But feel free to drop by and make it more lively, hopefully i can gather more fans haha. He might be unknown to some. And he is not usually casted as the male lead and maybe never will. But rest assured he is a top grade musical actor. I present to you guys Shin Sung Rok's soompi thread.

He is not your typical flower boy. But his acting deserves all the praise and awards he gets. 

Wow...so that thread was created in 2007... :smile::heart: Good actors and their dramas and/or movies can't be easily forget :kiss_wink:

For example Lee Joon Gi. His thread was created in ...2005 and it's still active :heart:

It's said that he is the original flower boy but, in my opinion,  this isn't very important . 

What's really important is that he was a very good Actor since the beginning of his career:smile::heart: 

I saw Hotel Venus (2004)...so young and so good. A supporting role but big enough to be noticed for his talent. In 2005 he was already in a leading role: Gong-Gil in ''The King And The Clown''. A huge success, a lot of awards, a popularity that exploded ....

Year after year ...in every drama, he created an unique character different from previous roles.

One of them and probably the most famous is the unforgettable Wang So in ''Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo'':heart:

步步æå¿ä¸½å®æ¹å¾®åçç§ç - å¾®ç¸å

Waves @bairama and everybody here :) 

@mouse007 Proudly ;) Mabuhay to my fellow Filipino Soompiers :wub:

3. tag your chingus here and share the love. it is february -- the month of love!

@rubie @irilight @nistymaj01 @lduc @raetan16 @maria1983 @Kasmic @hyuuhikari @siddy09 @wenchanteur @ktcjdrama @lxands @sandhya05 @9tails @wdsayang @alcides14ahjumma @dian02_stv @klebinha @Rania Zeid @nonski @Kelly86

Hi there @Kasmic!

How's life after MotA? Hahaha

I hope everything is fine~

Morning all~ 

Here's Hyunbin enjoying breakfast(?) in Spain

20181128000630_0.jpg

(ctto)

@happyfanlgx SSR's soompi was created in 2007 but it was only active to 2015 and was deactivated. I admit i was aware of his projects before but i didnt watch them except for maybe '3 dads 1 mum'. Haha. But TLE turned me to a fan of his. His acting as cray and sometimes sane Hyuk pulled me in and even became the reason I'm watching TLE. I went searching for more SSR info but information was kinda scarce and his soompi was not active. Hence i decided to give it a try at updating his soompi. Hehehe. He had many projects between 2015 to now. I don't know how to arrange the updates yet. But hopefully more fans can come join his thread.

The thing is, SSR usually plays villains. And he's good at it. So maybe that scared some potential fans lol. 

Exhibit a: Oh Tae Seok aiming to kill in Return~

27748157_144274386241909_492379345630423

But he's also this: Bunny Hyuk :lol:

Spw1547194061089-600.jpg

got tagged by @rori0711 and @bairama :D I see some familiar names too @katakwasabi @Kasmic :w00t:

1. I came here for fangirling!!:wub: I rarely join forum tho sometimes I hung out in drama thread and lately enjoying myself a lot in the shipping thread hahaha:lol:

2. I think I don't have favorite food, I do have favorite snack and beverage that I've been avoiding lately:tears: for health purpose... and diet. But I have a lot of menus I want to try because I'm an avid viewer of PTCOMR, here is one of the menu~

Take+Care+of+My+Refrigerator+(1).jpg

(ctto)

3. for tagging, the names I want to tag have been mentioned here sooo I'll pass:P

@dotonly I’m just going to go ahead and assume I’m your friend :D

One thing I also love about Soompi is seeing fellow soompi-ers obsess about their favourite drama, OTP or handsome oppa. The passion is unrivalled (just look at any shippers thread or even when we had the abs event!!!) It’s the one place I can fangirl to my heart’s content and feel totally at home because everyone else is fangirling just as hard. Lol

Another favourite:

Bacolod Chicken Inasal with garlic fried rice (heaven!)

bacolod-chicken-inasal-recipe.jpg

14 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Morning @katakwasabi Im still missing MOTA  esp to what couldve been.

and I'd prefer HB serving coffee more plus the dimple morning smile :blush:

cr. captainjoonki in tumblr

or do you prefer the Emperor? :P

ctto

Oh MotA..what could have been..and i'm repeating the same question with TLE, what could have been if emperor was not cray2 evil in the beginning lol.

Anyways..if i want someone to serve me coffee...it would be barista Son Ho Jun! Kyaaa~ no HB nor SSR instant coffee can compare to SHJ's made from scratch concoction. But i wouldnt mind being served instant coffee by HB and SSR either. Greedy greedy~ hahahaha

And look at what i found:

tumblr_n14l5mKX1o1r8sro0o1_500.gif

tumblr_n14l5mKX1o1r8sro0o2_500.gif

Did i mention, these two are my favourite kdramaland besties? Hahaha

Archived