Soompi love feast

Lmangla

5 minutes ago, triplem said:

@Lmangla @sushilicious Your event is going to Touch 10 pages within the 1st 10 hours . You can tell what soompiers love 

so no one posted that their favourite meal is from Subway ?  :P:lol:

maybe it is just me but I never felt tempted to eat subway after watching kdramas :lol:... pizza? sure! kimchi? sure! rice? sure! black bean noodles? yes! fried chicken? absolutely... but subway? am instead laughing over how subway is the dating place in dramaland... well, maybe, I will think of going to subway for a date? ^_^

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, triplem said:

@Lmangla @sushilicious Your event is going to Touch 10 pages within the 1st 10 hours . You can tell what soompiers love 

so no one posted that their favourite meal is from Subway ?  :P:lol:

Nothing tops subway in drama PPL. Hahaha

Especially this one!

7002_0-75558800-1545520360_screenshot_20

7002_0-42843800-1545520361_screenshot_20

And this was me trying to gain some health points :ph34r:

7002_0-27013100-1545652828_20181224_1952

I love Soompi because I come & go but Soompi stays. :wub: I also met a lot of good friends. 

------------------------

Happy Birthday @katakwasabi!

sending you leche flan for your sweet day :)

(eggyolk+condense milk)

Resulta ng larawan para sa leche flan

for everyone especially @cenching here's for your breakfast tomorrow :D

Tapsilog (beef)

Kaugnay na larawan

Bangsilog (fish)

Kaugnay na larawan

ctto

@Lmangla my current fave PPL is anything endorsed by cray2 emperor Hyuk. He is hilarious during his PPL scenes. In fact maybe he's the one with most PPL in TLE. Hahahaha

Best coffee PPL ever! His first time trying instant coffee mix.

@rori0711 thank you for the wish~ :) the flan looks yummy and it looks similar to caramel pudding hehe

2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Omo..i see @Visually-wandering. Long time no see~ but i can't recall in which drama thread did we have discussions :lol:

Annyeong @katakwasabi, me neither. Can't recall in which drama we've been meeting each other. But I guess, it might some discussion about kisses :rolleyes: one of my favorite subject. Lol

24b92e02a010d6f1cac1a65defaa9bce.gif

I guess you could say Soompi came into my life just when I needed it most and will always seem like a blessing from above.  A website is usually about advertising, shopping, news, information, etc...  But Soompi is about giving, receiving, sharing and that feeling of belonging that my words cannot even begin to express.  It's inspiration, warmth and comfort are priceless and never ending.  Where words are more important than faces because of our willingness to show our hearts through our words instead.  Where our DP"S and the names above are recognized, missed, respected and yes even loved...

Where threads become a part of your everyday life and the people within them become so precious it's to hard to even describe.  It's a meeting of the hearts in sharing laughter, sorrow, ones fears and pain.  It's knowing this place is always waiting, always open no matter how long it's been and those there are always willing to embrace you once again...

Like a lighthouse of hearts weaved together from all over the world that beams across life's stormy sea.   That is a beautiful reminder of comfort and that warmth of others always waiting in that place for me...

I came because of an amazing couple GongLee and their presence in WGM and I joined that Love-Ship  and became a Brownie because I was drowning in sorrow moving in and taking care of a parent with cancer. They gave me hope, moments of happiness and encouraged me through love. My heart goes out to all Brownies past and present whom will never know just what that meant.  Allowing me to hold on to them instead...

To two beautiful precious souls God graced me to meet here @kenxynth@CatchMine_ID :wub:

who now watch from above.  How thankful I am to have been inspired by their lives in teaching me more about courage, love & life...

To my second home Add & Subtract and those there who taught me it's not about winning or losing or the numbers that are often off track. LOL But more about accepting and embracing others just where they are at.  Where I can be fluffy and romantic and on days when I am not.  It's their words of shelter and love that I can depend on to hold me up...

Thank you @Lmangla :kiss_wink: for the shout out in allowing me to share my heart and forgive my length.  Although you know me It could have been worse:tounge_wink: for  I know I could have written a book about the people here that make it a special place...

The only food I have to offer is from my soul...

What does Soompi mean to me?  So much more than my heart full of words could ever allow you to see:heart:

@USAFarmgirl ~ as always, you say the sweetest things! :love: but yes, I know what you mean about soompi giving you that little cheer when it seems like you are surrounded by dark clouds everywhere. it is a gentle place filled with love and laughter that can be a much needed time out. I have definitely grown as I learned so much about myself, people and relationships, communication as we hang out and share our love for dramas...

the best part of kdramas is that they end after a few months. there are no seasons. but it also means that the threads close once the drama finishes and it can be sad to let go of the group. but we do make connections and it is so much fun when we run into familiar chingus in another thread. the feel is same as the excitement of running into old friends unexpectedly at the coffee shop or somewhere else in the real world. and we excitedly wave and say "hey ya chingu!! good to see you again" :kiss_wink:

39 minutes ago, rori0711 said:

@katakwasabi you're welcome :) yeah, seems they are the same :w00t:

after MoA, i'm tempted to watch TLE because of SSRs amusing antics and missing JN much. ahahaha

Oh...don't be fooled by his amusing antics yet. I don't want to spoil you. But proceed with caution when you watch TLE. Its either you like it or not. Its cray to the max. But i still adore SSR despite his character flaws. His acting is impeccable. 

While talking about SSR..let me promote his soompi thread. I just had it reactivated. So updates are minimal. But feel free to drop by and make it more lively, hopefully i can gather more fans haha. He might be unknown to some. And he is not usually casted as the male lead and maybe never will. But rest assured he is a top grade musical actor. I present to you guys Shin Sung Rok's soompi thread.

And a picture for starters. Totally love the coat.

3Uo1547014614750-600.jpg

A gif of him shooting

91r9QD.gif

Spoiler

A gif of him flailing. Love this coat too.

giphy.gif

Another gif. I like the red lining for this coat~ haha

giphy.gif

Also a vid of him singing

He is not your typical flower boy. But his acting deserves all the praise and awards he gets. If he can make cray Emperor Hyuk likeable, imagine if he wasnt cray. Maybe i would be a pile of goo by now hahaha. 

Fighting SSR! To more great projects! 2018 was amazing for you, may 2019 be better~

#cttoforpicsandgifs

13 hours ago, Lmangla said:

Welcome to the love feast where we share our love for soompi!

What shall we we do?

1. share what you have loved/learned/enjoyed about hanging out here in the soompi community. it can be a drama, ship, a kpop group, actor or just the different discussions you had with chingus here.

2. share some food -- it could be from your region or from your travels or just some favourites.

3. tag your chingus here and share the love. it is february -- the month of love!

Let me start it off!

Q. what did I love/learn/enjoy from my soompi experience?

A: I learned I am a romantic! hhahahaha... I am not a fluffy romance drama person. usually avoid all those type of dramas. rather than romantic mood, most fluffy dramas make me giggle! hahahah... so I was really shocked when I became a shipper. :lol: a random, random watch of global we got married and I became a taecgui shipper. just like our playful couple, we had a blast giggling and laughing and learning about what is shipping -- basically, you see a spark or a certain romantic style that appeals to you and the romantic hopeful aunty in you comes out and you say "omo, that's cute!" hahahhaha.....

while I was initially confused by the description of WGM, I absolutely fell in love with the show -- the awkward interactions, pauses and silences as two strangers meet, try to make a connection (it is their job! hahhahahha), find a romantic style that works for them and just maybe, there was sometimes a spark, a bit of attraction. like the hosts who oohed, commented, gasped and laughed, so did we!

Reveal hidden contents

it was seho's birthday and cao lu told him that she had hidden a gift and so off he went searching. check out the hosts reaction as she gives him a surprise kiss and seho's hilarious reaction.

Q. where is the food!

A: samosa/sambosa/samsa! all across the silk road route from Middle East, Central Asia, South Asia and parts of Central China, this little pasty filled with meat/vegetables is the perfect afternoon snack. so next time, you dig in, remember that we can feel the effects of history even in the food we eat!

Hide contents

tagging some of my taecgui and WGM friends -- I miss our laughs! :wub: @cdcotr @Latte_Anyday @angelangie @packmule3 @minwooluv78 @spicystrawberry @129alphabet @mikoshine

Image result for biting nails gif cartoon

GRrrrrrr.... I love samosas!!! Why did you remind me, @Lmangla??? I'm on a crash diet because I need to visit my doctor for my annual exam so no fried food for me ... at least until after the check-up. I can binge on samosas then.  

So, here's my ANTI-love post as you requested. 

1. share what you have loved/learned/enjoyed about hanging out here in the soompi community. it can be a drama, ship, a kpop group, actor or just the different discussions you had with chingus here.

That I can have "daughters" that I've always wanted to have...but didn't. Starting with Guigui. lol. And I don't have to deal with PMS with my virtual daughters. 

2. share some food -- it could be from your region or from your travels or just some favourites.

:D What is Valentine's Day without a bottle of rosé?

WARNING:  Only for soompiers 21 years and older. I'll be checking IDs before giving you a glass and taking your car keys so you can't drink and drive. I'll give you a sobriety test before handing your car keys back. Drink moderately, but party like heck. 

Spoiler

Image result for krug rose

3. tag your chingus here and share the love. it is february -- the month of love!

Errr.... Shouldn't I tag my enemies instead since it's the season of love? It's a perfect excuse to kiss and make up. Make love, not war? 

But I'll tag my old friends who I don't see anymore @BiruAngel@daloula, @lavender2love, @CamelKnight, @nearsea, @ricerascal67, @cannakat, @bebe1989, @mslee, @korchick, @YourHighness ., @Bambiina @romanov @staygold @moonkeeper @hafunohane @shooastrid, @cooleet @angelwingssf@deeand @melleri, @b8l8, @Tinkiebell  @CatchMine_ID

Is there a limit? 

@torreydinh, @USAFarmgirl @haha1549 @abnoch, @hushhh @gerrytan8063 @ricerascal67@TRaNz

omilord! I've lots more but if only 2 people from that list respond, I'll be happy. 

Ladies and gentlemen, this is a sword, Kindly run into it....

Image result for this is a sword kindly run to it gif

so I'll forever live in your heart.  :naughty:

And to end this Anti-Valentine's Day, here's my "I hate love songs" from Kelsie Ballerini.

PS. I gave you an "angry" emoji because of the anti-love theme. hahaha. 

8 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

GRrrrrrr.... I love samosas!!! Why did you remind me, @Lmangla??? I'm on a crash diet because I need to visit my doctor for my annual exam so no fried food for me ... at least until after the check-up. I can binge on samosas then.  

So, here's my ANTI-love post as you requested. 

That I can have "daughters" that I've always wanted to have...but didn't. Starting with Guigui. lol. And I don't have to deal with PMS with my virtual daughters. 

LOL... so sorry! hahhaha.... don't check the other pages then... it is just filled with food and food and more food! :sweatingbullets:... 

and yes, no PMS mostly with virtual daughters! :D.. yea, we have love and anti-love event in the same month -- seems apt no? we got everyone covered! :lol: hahahaha... 

Valentines-Day-Big-Bang-Theory.jpg

Okay, let's do this. According to @Lmangla guideline

1. Again? :D Well okay. I enjoy being with people having the same interest, talking to people of other cultures and share  the same passion. Also I found a lot of wise ahju...ladies that are good at giving advices. Our homethread is what I enjoy, being with so many nice people.
    I enjoyed Kpop and Dramas also before, but I'm happy to have found a place where I can talk about it freely.
  2. Spoiler

Rinderroulade-wie-bei-Oma-4f4a5f90ea7fb.

It's so good.

3. All of them!? Oh boy....okay.... 
    @sushilicious @stroppyse @triplem @USAFarmgirl @kokodus @Lmangla @phikyl @bolddu....ah I mean @CamelKnight @bedifferent @angelangie @staygold @lynne22 @TRaNz @abnoch @bairama @CatchMine_ID @cenching @Ais1ing @mouse007

Just now, Lmangla said:

LOL... so sorry! hahhaha.... don't check the other pages then... it is just filled with food and food and more food! :sweatingbullets:... 

and yes, no PMS mostly with virtual daughters! :D.. yea, we have love and anti-love event in the same month -- seems apt no? hahahaha... 

Hahahaha.  I'm going to give you all an "angry" reaction because I'm sooo anti-love. 

Image result for bah! gif

lol. 

Btw, have you watched this movie, The Princess Bride? 

20 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

lol. 

Btw, have you watched this movie, The Princess Bride? 

hahahah...yes...

princess-bride-gif-kissing-book.gif?w=30 

...sometimes, february can be so daunting as it can seem an overdose of love-dub-dub... which is why I love our movie channels here. for some absurd reason, every year, on valentine's, they put action movies!! avengers, die hard, aliens.... :lol::lol:

...so to balance, we have love and anti-love this month! :glasses:... celebrating all those dramas where we are more stressed if the lead will stay alive rather than how many kisses could there potentially be... ^_^

Archived