Soompi love feast

Lmangla

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, kokodus said:
7 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

omo, omo, I protest! should we have fan wars? hahahahha...

Team mango ftw!!!!! LOL. 

... this makes me wonder.. so what leads would remind you of mango or durian? ... would a chaebol lead be durian -- kind of overpowering? not sure if you would like him in real life? confused whether you like the lead because oppa is hot and charming or whether you like the character??? ...

and mango leads would be all the sweet, sane leads?

4 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

what do you love/enjoy/learn from your soompi experience?

i really love looking at hot hunk actors with abs of steel posted by fellow soompi friends lol hahahha.. (kidding.. not)..

and ofc i enjoy reading and discussing about dramas with dear chingus..i feel like i hv friends from all over the world who share the same interest as mine -_-

1 minute ago, Lmangla said:

... this makes me wonder.. so what leads would remind you of mango or durian? ... would a chaebol lead be durian -- kind of overpowering? not sure if you would like him in real life? confused whether you like the lead because oppa is hot and charming or whether you like the character??? ...

Tbh, I have never tasted durians. LOLOL. So I have no idea how it tastes like, I just know that they are extremely stinky. Hahaha But leave it to you to analyse my food preference to preference in men. Hahaha. I don't like soft and calm guys though. I mean they are good as friends, but that is all. 

4 minutes ago, Jillia said:

So... did I do this correctly, @Lmangla? :D

yes you did perfectly :)... wow 10 years, you have been on soompi? it feels like you should get anniversary gift.

65d2363f22327d79db4126cfc7aa419f.jpg

@kokodus ~ durian is like the stinky version of jackfruit; less sweet and strangely a bit milky. but yea, the smell can be overpowering.. one of those acquired taste food groups..

3 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

A male lead like a durian - spiky thorny dangerous on the outside with an overpowering aura (smell) but soft and squishy and sweet on the inside. Takes guts to try to love but once you are hooked, you are hooked forever.

A male lead like a mango - ???

13 minutes ago, triplem said:

Okay let’s put it out there ...

mangoes or durians ???

( I believe mangoes will win since durians are really and acquired taste ) :joy:

i cant choose.! (panic mode).. it’s like asking me to choose between park seo joon and kim soo hyun..

5 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I love the Hammingtons soooooooooooooo much

why are all the kids on return on superman so cute?... love how variety shows can be still clean, sweet and entertaining (without any weird fights unlike some reality tv shows... )

@triplem hi there my JKH buddy! I miss him. Return to dramaland soooonnnnn oppppaaaaa~

@angelangie i'm in KL mostly since i work there hahaha. Where are you at? :lol:

Since everyone is posting food. How about a clip of YYS as a cook and  SHJ as a barista from Coffee Friends. I would go to this cafe just to stare at these oppas haha. These two besties are preetyyyyy. YSJ and CJW are pretty too. The food is preeeettyyy. Everything is pretty~~~ so pleasing to watch~

17 minutes ago, triplem said:

Doesn’t durian remind you of our oppa in TOP star? Thorny outside but soft & sweet inside :lol:. But of course oppa won’t smell like durians 

Haha exactly but I didn’t if it was appropriate to swoon about Oppa here. :love:

my first kdrama ever is stairway to heaven.. i was 12 lol.. i watched it with my mom and sister hahha.. my mom was sobbing like a mad person when the girl died at the beach lol.. she was so angry at the way the drama ended and talked about it for a week lmao... haha so much time has passed and i still watch telenovelas and kdramas with my mom lol.. 

Ok, so I had to check my profile page to see how long I have been on soompi! Almost 5 years but it feels like I have been here forever. :heart:

What I like about soompi? The ppl who will convince you that you have to watch a particular drama else your whole life is a waste. :lol: That passion for a drama is what I love. Whether I end up hating or loving that series is irrelevant. But the enthusiasm that people show is what I love. I am still learning how to express that passion. 

I also love the 'tubelight' moments when a poster comes up a fantastic analysis of a plain looking scene and suddenly everything makes so much sense!

What next? Food? 

Deep fried, sweet, and difficult to make the perfect batch. Anaras, kajjaya, adhirasam, arisa many name same calories :yum:

Spoiler

IMG_6018.JPG

Oh hey! and your most fav 'oppa' is the equivalent of mango! Cos once you taste it, it becomes the benchmark and you measure other fruits against it! :relaxed:

Just now, Matilda_Anne said:

my first kdrama ever is stairway to heaven.. i was 12 lol.. i watched it with my mom and sister hahha.. my mom was sobbing like a mad person when the girl died at the beach lol.. she was so angry at the way the drama ended and talked about it for a week lmao... haha so much time has passed and i still watch telenovelas and kdramas with my mom lol.. 

wow I watched Stairway to Heaven too, I loved the second movement of Chopin's Piano Concerto no. 1 played by the main lead at the end. So sad. I loved the second male lead's sacrifice to donate his eyes to his beloved.

Archived