Lmangla

Soompi love feast

8 minutes ago, angelangie said:

anyone up for spicy food? :D 

packet price - nasi lemak one of the local food that i really enjoy :D  

Hope you dont mind me asking, are you from malaysia? Hahaha

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

Soompi is like a virtual town with many various appealing attractions ... but about me I'm here particularly caz of lovely "Yoon Si Yoon" :heart: and supporting him.

For me everything about him is interesting and I follow whatever about him consistently... The more I Knew him, The more I respect and love him ... :blush:

Though sometime I have a surf on other atists'threads or different subjects too.:)

Good Luck! 

• Like 3
  • Love 6

I want to share this special dishes from Sulawesi, Indonesia, hahaha But I think Kalimantan also eat this and Maluku Ambon and Papua wkwkwk but no you won’t get this in Java or Sumatera or Bali ^_* I want to share this with all of my add and sub chingus and of course love feast chingus too ^_* 

pisang goreng dabu dabu (bahasa Indonesia in Manado version wkwwk) 

Or I can translate it Banana Fried with sambel? @cenching what’s the meaning of sambal in English? Ketchup? So THIS IS IT!! 

a1.jpg

pe sedap do ee.. :heart:

• Like 4
  • Love 4

@katakwasabi

Katak is a frog in Malay...Is that what you aimed for??? :glasses:

Katak is food too....:kiss_wink:

add.

@Sejabin

Fried Banana with Chilies Sauce....In Kalimantan we eat it with Sri Kaya, we go for the sweet side for pisang goreng...

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I have learned so many things since I joined soompi. I'm able to talk to people from all over the world and learn about their culture, practices and so much more. I can also interact with people from different age groups and different professions, everyone gives a different view based on their life experiences and it truly does inspire me. Everyday i learn something new. 

I joined soompi after Reply 1988 ended just to vent my frustration out. But the thread I got really involved in was Descendants of the sun. I met so many people there who were all just warm and kind and shares the same taste in dramas as myself. So we clicked right away. We spazzed for months after the drama finished airing. And apparently since talking in soompi was not enough we created a slack group and started talking about other dramas we watch. I think it's been almost 3 years and we still gather around and spazz about all the dramas we watch. Tagging all my Dots friends @phikyl @themarchioness @lynne22 @stargazer187 @gilaswan @aegyoppa Love to you all!!!!! :heart:

For the food, I think I'll go with the plain old curd rice. It's healthy, easy to prepare and soooo yummy. Especially with Mango pickles. ./drools. LOL

Spoiler

curd-rice--1024x703.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 8

My fav food back in my “kampung” hometown.....:love:

2R6kR.jpeg

Beef Kuetiau Soup similar to Vietnamese’s Pho and Beef Char Kuetiau

2R6m2.jpeg

Crab Handmade Noodles aka Bakmi Kepiting...

2R6mh.jpeg

Shaved Ice with Fresh Fruits with Choco Milk Sauce and Fresh Sugar Cane Juice

• Like 4
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Maryam said:

Soompi is like a virtual town with many various appealing attractions .

ooh such a great description! :)

51 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I have learned so many things since I joined soompi. I'm able to talk to people from all over the world and learn about their culture, practices and so much more. I can also interact with people from different age groups and different professions, everyone gives a different view based on their life experiences and it truly does inspire me. Everyday i learn something new. 

so true! have actually learned so much about people and relationships as everyone gives a different reading on one character or a drama. even something as simple how we have different ideas on what we could consider romantic was such an eye opener...

some of the stories you hear remain with you long after the drama finished. so one thread, we were laughing about how kdrama is obsessed with first love and how that never happens... then one poster shared -- during kindergarten? sunday school? there was this 5 year old boy who used to run behind her 3 year old daughter and everyone said "awww, these two are so cute!".. she on the other hand was like "my baby! leave!" hahahha... they moved and years later, this boy and girl ended up meeting in uni and getting married. she said that he was a perfectly nice son-in-law and had no idea why she was so annoyed when he was 5. :joy:

Edited by Lmangla
adding funny story
  • Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

so do you get freebies? discounts? :P and is that banana bread and some sort mixed juice?

oh how much I loved kim nam gil as bidam! ... was so shocked when he actually got a love line but who can resist that charisma? hahahahha....

She's just starting her business and we need to promote her cafe first before freebies to friends . We can't ask for freebies yet :lol:

Yes that is the classic banana bread. The juice is a mix of watermelon and lemon extract. It's a cafe for vegetarians ^^ .

@angelangie I am not into too much spicy food , i can stand kimchi of course, as long as paired with samgyupsal. :wub:

More sweets ~~These delicacies can be found when you go for a tour at Gyeongbukgung Palace. It was an amazing experience to taste the food of the royalties :)

Image may contain: drink, indoor and food

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

1 minute ago, LyraYoo said:

@angelangie I am not into too much spicy food , i can stand kimchi of course, as long as paired with samgyupsal. :wub:

okie a lil BBQ meat for you then to go with KimChi, damn good i tell you :D sorry do you take pork? 

u do right? :) 

38854_418088735958_4935329_n_zpsmw1flbmk

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Hahahaha.. ok I also want to share some good food in my hometown, Makassar, Indonesia. Nyuknyang Ati raja or Meatball ati raja. What I love the most is those crispy meatballs to eat with the meatballs xuxuxuxu. I so want to take all of you to eat this :bawling:

Copy+of+bakso+(2).JPG

And of course Jalangkote Makassar.. a kind of pastels with chili sauces. Yes Sulawesi food full with spices wkwkwk but if you don’t like it you can eat it without chili sauces. Nowadays they made it in chicken cheese version

dejalkots-chicken-cheese-960x960.jpg?res

Edited by Sejabin
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

@Lmangla

Was on off in Soompi, but recently became pretty active because of Feel Good to Die drama. The drama itself has not been succesful in terms of rating in Korea, but because of that we have close knit group of Kang Ji Hwan supporters here (the actor who played Baek Jin Sang in FGTD). 

Tagged : @nohamahamoud2002 @phoenix24 @gm4queen @jenappelle @Heidi Seow @angiedramadive @selenette

I found the thread was full with friendly people, from around the world, and we encouraged each others and even try to learn some Korean to support our beloved actor. 

I learned that i pretty like to write short summary & comment / editing pictures / just chit chat here & there from soompi. Since im not english native speaker, its a good way to keep thinking in English.

And for the type of drama i prefer light romance, and those that need to read between the lines. Im not a fan for lovey dovey type of romance. 

Ogn5LFd.jpg

mbNAQt5.jpg

Fav food : instant noodle does it count? :lol:

jEByXYe.jpg

Do drop by when you all free :

Edited by Lawyerh
  • Like 5
  • Love 5

3 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

And for the type of drama i prefer light romance, and those that need to read between the lines. Im not a fan for lovey dovey type of romance. 

kekek...... am not a fan of lovey dovey type romance either.. but we are all still romantics at heart, just in a different way! :)

3 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

kekek... absolutely! where would we be without instant noodles on days when there is nothing in the fridge and we have no mood to order out either? hahahahha....

• LOL 5

4 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

jEByXYe.jpg

definitely this count hahahaha this is also one of my favorite!! :D 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4