[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

4 minutes ago, nonski said:

Okay Patients it's exactly 30 minutes before we see what happens to our dear Soo Chul (Jisoo)!

Gear up and open your links early 

@Kasmic @jeonghyang @bebebisous33 @maplekist @drmjs @inshara2000 @Ayame @andy78 @lclarakl @kdramalovers @WinCee @faeble @jadecloud @delfin  @kyunii88 @evie7 @Mau_Cherry @Bambiina @littleloony @Ahpheng @NileRose @Misstwilightfan1416 @thunderman1 @minoz_joyax @siena407 @yaqiyuki @onnififi @pandalover1 @plappi @xiashenghan @Sarang21 @heartoppaya @ruzikie @moodypie @alekaonu @angelangie @dhia205 @mujay @andreasofia16 @Yongzura @liz-danielle @sebnem @missjjkim @uglypearl @vanillakitties @hell59 @Raquel Bastian @yongpal @alcides14 @euraka @ned_lee @alexandria2207 @dimples21 @sujenlee06 @myeou @rrmski @USAFarmgirl @zurah90 @UnniSarah @maria1983 @Too Old For richard simmons @Tiggie2 @12blbl @docster6@NhicarT @Nymeria289 @myinnerbattles @ktcjdrama @ned_lee @sojisoban @imjiyoon @maria1983 @ayni @Hanyeoun @amadeus @rori0711 @whiteangel25 @ayni @yuhotarubi @Annette @maris1 @Nodame @Niki Azia @Rin90 @thea2410 @kyonkichi78 @caray @Justiffa LZZ @holyfea @suejee2014 @rameennoodles @lc85 @irilight @jongski @missminami @genmaikrw @jeijei @blademan @bebe1989 @paolaadl @parmma @sweetbloom74 @moomooz @Chii Le @Kfan7172 @neenawin @starb82 @andreanaing @kd-addict @yunjae87 @Bookworm95 @SukBin @miki75 @onnie1509 @kixamay @bogin79 @VIP_Cake @NukeA @snowhninpyae @gracie17 @saeedeh 

Mian if I missed out on anyone.

here READILY waiting HEAVILY ARMED SO THAT I can save SC ......... 15 mins to go...

• Like 14

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

hahahaha i did the same like you lols....and i lost my train of concentration for my work for the rest of the last 1 hour of my times :D just imagine me looking at the times just to clock out :D:D:D real bad bad bad

OTOKEEE :D

And im thinking that im the only one sneeking at the ofc goodness we're so bad but hey what a girl shld when theres a super funny ideal guy n other cuties on this drama not to mention the super femme fatale lead ...:wub:

But even w that sneeky ofc moves i still did not catch up on this thread n was able to backread from the last 3 pgs... haiiist :phew:

• Like 10

@bebebisous33 i feel the same "When he left the house, he looked at HJ with a certain desdain or anger, as if he regretted of having her."

He such has no common sense at that time..

The biggest possibility that HJ mom got bad depression yet HJ got bad trauma..

Before she met Hong, seems that she got "live or die" attitude, just dont care about anything

else. Life without any direction.. Poor HJ..

That shameful n awful dad, his attitude towards HJ made me think that HJ just like not his biological daughter..

He was so mean at some point!

• Like 14

16 minutes ago, dhia205 said:

i'm not shower yet.. just wash my face and turn on my laptop.. don't tell anyone. this is the power of DOCT...

Heavy rain in my area.. No need shower.. Lol..

I just need strenght signal.. 

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, holyfea said:

@bebebisous33 i feel the same "When he left the house, he looked at HJ with a certain desdain or anger, as if he regretted of having her."

He such has no common sense at that time..

The biggest possibility that HJ mom got bad deppression yet HJ got bad trauma..

Before she met Hong, seems that she got "live or die" attitude, just dont care about anything else.

Life without any direction.. Poor HJ..

That shameful n awful dad,

his attitude towards HJ made me think that HJ just like not his biological daughter..

He was so mean at some point!

Yes and the worst is when he meets HJ at the café, he wants to play the loving father who wants to be there for her wedding. However, I really liked HJ's answer because it made him realise that his actions had indeed affected her more than he thought! Since she had become a doctor, he thought, his actions hadn't hurt her so much. With her comment, he realises that because of him, HJ doesn't want to get married as his marriages had always a negative impact on her and despite her success, he has traumatised her!

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, nonski said:

Okay Patients it's exactly 30 minutes before we see what happens to our dear Soo Chul (Jisoo)!

Gear up and open your links early 

@Kasmic @jeonghyang @bebebisous33 @maplekist @drmjs @inshara2000 @Ayame @andy78 @lclarakl @kdramalovers @WinCee @faeble @jadecloud @delfin  @kyunii88 @evie7 @Mau_Cherry @Bambiina @littleloony @Ahpheng @NileRose @Misstwilightfan1416 @thunderman1 @minoz_joyax @siena407 @yaqiyuki @onnififi @pandalover1 @plappi @xiashenghan @Sarang21 @heartoppaya @ruzikie @moodypie @alekaonu @angelangie @dhia205 @mujay @andreasofia16 @Yongzura @liz-danielle @sebnem @missjjkim @uglypearl @vanillakitties @hell59 @Raquel Bastian @yongpal @alcides14 @euraka @ned_lee @alexandria2207 @dimples21 @sujenlee06 @myeou @rrmski @USAFarmgirl @zurah90 @UnniSarah @maria1983 @Too Old For richard simmons @Tiggie2 @12blbl @docster6@NhicarT @Nymeria289 @myinnerbattles @ktcjdrama @ned_lee @sojisoban @imjiyoon @maria1983 @ayni @Hanyeoun @amadeus @rori0711 @whiteangel25 @ayni @yuhotarubi @Annette @maris1 @Nodame @Niki Azia @Rin90 @thea2410 @kyonkichi78 @caray @Justiffa LZZ @holyfea @suejee2014 @rameennoodles @lc85 @irilight @jongski @missminami @genmaikrw @jeijei @blademan @bebe1989 @paolaadl @parmma @sweetbloom74 @moomooz @Chii Le @Kfan7172 @neenawin @starb82 @andreanaing @kd-addict @yunjae87 @Bookworm95 @SukBin @miki75 @onnie1509 @kixamay @bogin79 @VIP_Cake @NukeA @snowhninpyae @gracie17 @saeedeh @Kelly-chi @elif91 @CamelKnight 

Mian if I missed out on anyone.

In already since 2 hours ago

• Like 10

@lclarakl i was supposed to reply to you about HJ dad i dunno where it went but same with you and @bebebisous33 i feel the same about her dad.  oh how i hated him when he just dumped her on her grandma like throwing your trash at the sides, he did not even give the courtesy of talking to halmoni.  it was clear that he just wants her out of his life, even throwing the money on the ground.  it felt wrong for me for them to just show up and claim relationship with her.  i can feel he showed some remorse and longing when looking at HJ... but where did that feelings go while HJ was growing up and alone.  i may feel this way because in a way i am a vendictive person, i am not vengeful but i dont easily forget

STARTING NOW!

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

@lclarakl Thanks for responding. Yes, there is still much remains to be seen about the HJ's family, esp.Dad.

Father:  "How can you address your stepmom as that 'woman'?! Because you act like that, your stepmom is scared of you!", "Don't come to me ever again." ---> I think he acted that way in anger, thinking he's protecting his new family. Like I said, the stepmom has been poisoning him. She must have acted docile and weak in front of him, making him misunderstood HJ. He probably doesn't think he is abandoning since he sent HJ to his mother's place and left her some money.

"If it's about Hye Jung, don't tell me." "I don't care that she has to go to prison." ---> We see that when he answered that phone call, he was busy in the middle of working hard. Probably too tired to deal with another problem, and probably HJ getting into trouble and having to bail her out of the police station is already a common occurrence. It's probably also spoken from a hardened heart because he didn't know what else to do. I don't think he is selfish, but just a weak person. Grandma assured HJ (in flashback end of ep.6) that Dad doesn't hate/dislike her. In English translation, Grandma called him "ignorant", in Chinese the translation was "useless/loser"

I still don't believe he ever hit HJ beyond the normal family elders hitting younger ones that we often see in K-dramas. I think if he also had abused HJ, HJ would've ran away from home. Instead, she dreaded the day he would abandon her, meaning she still wanted to be with him if possible, and she cried when he left.

Anyway, there bound to be differences among us viewers in perspective and interpretation of characters' actions and intentions. Since we're also limited (at least I am) to the translation of actual choice of words use in the original language, there might be something that we missed. Let's just see what unfolds in future episodes. ;)

I'm glad you're able to see him in a more understanding light, but I don't. Do I think he's repentant now in his older age at how he treated his young daughter and casted her out, Yes , I do.  There was a repetitive pattern that Hye Jung was subjected to that has shaped her outlook on life. Even the way he treated his wife was telling to me. To be honest, when the grandmother was talking about how her daughter in law cut ties with her family and dropped out of university, it truly made me think that their marriage fit the pattern of a controlling husband. Even when they were arguing at the beginning of the episode, the mother says that if you leave me I will kill myself. He says, "yeah do whatever you want. Die or not, do whatever you want."  Which made me wonder if the mother committed suicide.  It seems her mother gave up everything to be with him, only for him to turn around and cheat on her while making it appear that she was overreacting.

I don't care how hard the father was working--it didn't see he was that busy because he did answer his phone, but I don't think there is a mother or a father who truly loves their child upon hearing that they are in trouble and could possibly go to prison would so callously say let them; instead they would drop what they are doing to help their child.

Spoiler

True story that happened in my own family. My father is stepfather to 3 of my oldest siblings. He told my 18 year old brother that he is not to drink and drive and if he's ever caught drinking and driving he would lose his car. If he's stopped by the police then he would just stay in jail.  My father firmly laid down that law for my brother.  One night around 1:00 in the morning, we're all asleep, my parents get a call from my brother at the police station. My brother had been arrested for driving under the influence. My father was furious and told my mother he wasn't going to go and get him out of jail. He refused to. Then about 30 minutes later, we hear my father leaving the house and getting in his car.....to go get my brother out of jail. My dad couldn't stand to see his stepson in jail, he had to go get him out. (My dad kept his word about the car, and thankfully, being arrested was a maturing point for my brother and a bonding experience with our father).

When Hye Jung met her father in episode 7, I found their conversation interesting and very telling. It confirms everything that was said earlier by the characters. Hye Jung resents her father for abandoning her. He wasn't there when she needed him while she was young; however, he now wants to be there to walk her down he aisle; he's concerned about that?  I know the writer will make Hye Jung very forgiving of her father, but there is no excuse for his behavior to his daughter when she was small. 

He has truly shaped her outlook on life in a very negative way. She told her father, "I'm not going to get married because I may need you."  Even the stepmother loves to flaunt that she's Hye Jung's mother as if she raised her. 

You're right. we all have different views and opinions about what we're seeing. I'm probably harder on the father, because I don't like people who are tolerate of children being abused or mistreated. I interned with the social service office one summer and I have no tolerance of child abuse or domestic violence after that summer.

• Like 13