[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

3 minutes ago, redfrommars said:

Really? I thought the first time he called her was "Soo-ya" at the force kissing scene...

he did call her HS when the rain ritual... he explaining how people thankful and do not afraid of him...

'the person who made this way is you.... Haesoo' 

also that how much HS change his world.. that deep stuff he talking about.. in his entire life no one treat him like a person except HS and now with her help people start treating him nicely... people wonder why he became possessive and obsessive with her...... :huh:

• Like 23

3 hours ago, qwenli said:

wow I woke up to an almost full page interview of IU about Scarlet Heart in my local newspaper!! :D As if my addiction needs any more feeding!

Online link here Strait times interview

@qwenli, Thank you so much for the article and for the shoutout.
I am so happy this drama is so well received all over, in so many countries.

There is another Scarlet Heart Ryeo poll on Twitter.

Here is what it looks like, at the moment

SHR%200-Poll-Minguk_zpsuha47btj.png

And another one:

SHR%200-Poll-Minguk-2_zpshplucadp.png

And a third one

SHR%200-Poll-Minguk-3_zps2qfezxgq.png

and a 4th one:

SHR%200-Poll-Minguk-4_zpsvyxk0nuv.png

You can find the polls on his twitter account

https://twitter.com/Kpop_Polling

• Like 15

10 minutes ago, Putri Dewi said:

where i can see this ?

i can only see in wikipedia,

anyone knows what kind of ratings they use in wikipedia ?

@Putri Dewi The only ratings they list in Wikipedia are the ones for South Korea from TNmS and AGB Neilsen, the 2 official rating agencies in that country.  They're not officially compiling information from other countries in one place. The Singapore and the Youku ratings are reported by people in Twitter.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, sweet_nara said:

@Gitakawaii My favourite LJG Saeguk are Gunman in Joseon and Arang and the Magistrate.. :)

Spoiler

I fell in love for LJG the first time was ILJIMAE, then have been watching all of his dramas, and for modern drama I love Two Weeks. I love Joseon Gunman, Arang, Scholar haha... love them all. Of course my current favorite is Scarlet Heart. He is amazing here. I love his movie King and Clown, but for something light rom com I love him in Virgin Snow. :) 

• Like 8

19 hours ago, mahdiegole_at_yahoo.com_stv said:

I'm really wonder what will happen that make WS kills every one around him!! Maybe HS will kill by WW!!

HS won't kill WW because he's his wife's brother. and so for BA, they will be together as he's the closest brother to him

• Like 7

@junee22 ohh teman, what a dumb me, i thought i heard his voice long time ago that's why i check my old playlist :sweatingbullets: now we know whose voice is it.. no wonder why i feel familiar, i heard him in Tvn OST, but wonder why i can't figure it out LOl.. but gosh... it's really sad love song for WS. i got chill while reading the lyric and heard the song :tears:

10 hours ago, junee22 said:

IU hinted the fans to have fun at ep 11..so my guess is the king is CP..and because WS is his trusted man,they will live in peace (except for YoYoo+YH)..and maybe HS-WS already have mutual feelings?love is in the air..

can i wish we have the date scene in that ep? while they on the boat together? and have all the lovely dovey time? and now since IU already give a hint i can't help but eagerly waiting for that ep. 

3 hours ago, qwenli said:

And Soo's name means Tree. :D

it can be some kind of symbol right? Soo name means tree that's why the writer make So love tree or vice versa.. to describe how they connect to each other and belong to each other....:P

• Like 17

6 hours ago, ruzikie said:

You told it and felt it right ? I found WS is a second lead from episode 4-9. I didnt watch episode 1-3 thou but i think your post already explained whole things :D 

shall we open the leash so he could be the first lead in episode 10-20. 11 episodes left and this couple hasnt showed any hint yet :( 

I'm the opposite .... all along I seen him as the first because almost all his scenes spell out FIRST LEAD ... different emotions, ups and downs .... where as to me Wook is pretty flat (I'm  not saying it's not good). Seriously I can remember almost every SoSoo moments but not WookSo, apart from the snow scene ... because everytime Soo is with Wook is the same... smiling and being sweet .... but Soo with So is like going through life tasting everything. 

• Like 19

36 minutes ago, Bambiina said:

Seriously I lost sleep over this .. to address or not to address .. Should I just avoid this thread and miss all those in depth analysis? … or once and for all speak up my mind share my feeling and get it over with and let see how ‘they’ gonna feel about this ..

I decided the analysis in this thread is too good to be missed, I want to be here and share my tots but at the same time I hate to see what’s been going on in this thread. I can do selective reading but I am only humannnnnnnnnn (singing to Christina perri) .. I can only take so much .. cause I am only human

So here goes ..

Hide contents

Korean Taste (by the way this not out of topic – it is about SHR .. and it’s rating)

Soompi is here because of the so call “Korean Taste”, it’s has been here since 1998 (?) and I am a frequent visitor of soompi since 2003. Why am I still here? Why are you still here discussing? Is it not because of our love for Kdrama? … Isn’t Kdrama is base on “Korean Taste”? Is it not ‘Korean Taste’ that we are watching for the past decade? Aren’t there time when our taste is in sync with K viewer?

So are we going to look down on them and generalize all Kdrama viewer taste when they don’t like (SHR) what we like? Are we going to continue whine about their taste? Don’t you know by saying “I don’t understand Korean Taste” you are actually putting down them and those that have similar taste with them?

Do you know by saying “I don’t understand Korean Taste”, you are arrogantly implying your taste is much better than them? Anyone that like something which you don’t think much you label them as “Don’t have taste”? Is this what soompi made off? Don’t you feel thankful that because of “Korean Taste” we have other than our local drama to enjoy (I bet some don’t even watch their local drama).

This thread is visited by a lot of soompiers and among them there are people like me that like both drama (may not be equally) and try so much to be objective. I am here because I believe soompiers are classier .. matured and adult. I guess I am wrong.

Why is there constant need to compare the rating? The constant need to prove A is better than B or B is better than A? – We can’t do anything about it .. it’s no one fault (don’t refer to a few nasty comment on netizenbuzz or naver – it does not represent total korea community, unfair to judge the people by some bad apple)

Let see what happen, why SHR having lesser rating.

Fact 1 – MDBC aired earlier than SHR, gained 8% rating, Doctors was still trending – close to 20%, Monster – 10%

Fact 2 – 2nd week SHR started around 7-8?  MDBC rating jump to 16, Monster remain with 10%… it SHR premiered with 3 episodes.

My Theory – Kviewer fall in love with MDBC because it was aired first and ‘unfortunately’ it is awesome. They love the chemistry etc etc – I’m sure no one here care how good MDBC is). When doctors finished airing – there are about 20% people ‘don’t know’ what to watch. Monster already half way, almost ending – no one would want to start something that is almost complete and they know about monster already – MDBC was new and some people went to work/school spread the “eh last nite I watch etc etc -  start saying how good it is – did you watch?..So some of doctors audience watch the re-run .. they like it .. SHR still not in the picture. 2nd week – Guess what would they watch first? – Of course the ‘new drama’ that already caught people interest and people already watch it on re-run/youtube whatever you name it.  Bangg .. they watch the fresh 3 and 4th episode on tv .. irrevocably fall in love PBG/KYJ (there’s no turning back) .. MDBC rating doubled with half of doctors’s fans tune in favor of MDBC and the other went to SHR (7-8%) …

The different between international and K viewer – BBJX is a well establish drama – BBJX has it own follower, people are crazy of BBJX back then .. it may not be popular among Kdrama lover but it was popular in china and chinese speaking community. Lee Junki is a well known name internationally compare to PBG.. of course he would have more follower compare to PBG and people anxiously wait for him and what more it’s BBJX ..  KHN is also well known internationally and his acting chop has been proven. Unlike PBG and the rest of MDBC cast (except for KYJ) no one know about them in term of acting skill … and there’s not many eye candy in MDBC ..

And that tragic plot of BBJX .. is enticing ..

Lets not compare .. lets not whine about rating .. lets respect each other … what do we get really? At least SHR is already ‘safe’ .. it’s a pre-produced drama – it already had it follower thanks to BBJX .. though it did not get enough rating in Korea .. it is much love internationally .. lets not put down other drama (unconsciously or not) and lets not ridicule each other taste ..

Our ‘Skill’ of evaluating a drama is the same – stop thinking I am selective in watching Kdrama – so I know better what is good .. why others don’t find as good as me ..

RESPECT IS THE KEY WORD ..

Good day to you ..

@Lady_Lara @sharreb @churasan @selenette  - thank you for having the same though (on my previous post)

@qwenli - In case you read the comment in the spoiler .. I respect your passion for SHR - seeing you constantly backing it up .. keep it up ..

and the rest of the ppl that like SHR - hope I will still be welcome here .. despite the drama I prefer more .. I hope you guys listen to the song I attached 

Spoiler

@Bambiina

I respect your views and your entitled to have them. 

I haven't weighed in on the whole ratings controversy before because to me it's just so much background noise. But no one in this thread has 'consciously' or 'unconsciously' dissed another drama. They have huge love for their drama, Scarlet Heart Ryeo, title of this thread, that to some it is incomprehensible that the ratings don't match. A few have even pointed out it has happened before with previous dramas which were a huge hit here on Soompi but not so much domestically. If you don't mind me saying, I think your feathers are ruffled a bit because in your mind these rating's commentaries are somehow detracting from your own drama. When no one has mentioned it. Because taste is subjective, be it Korean or otherwise. 

And maybe you should have prefaced your post with your biases first. Again, ratings equals all so much background noise to me. It's an outdated mode of measurement in this digital age. There's obviously a quite considerable following for Scarlet Heart Ryeo in Korea if clicks on Naver is anything to go by. And it has 1 billion views on Youku too. 

• Like 23

@dhia205 Oh..how I wish it would come true..the dating scenes...please give them sweet moments before all the angst become their love obstacles..a little happiness won't kill right?

Now that I think again..actually the both version (Int. & SBS) are complement to each other..I'll point on this scene as an example..the scene where HS did WS make-up at ep 9 (SBS version) and suddenly Lady Oh came..it should be after that Lady Oh talked to HS about WSs feelings (international version)...so I'd love to have both versions to see which other scenes that are complemented each other.

@leekyuphii Ha! I knew it! you just said it chingu..that the prod team will take the most important and significance scenes (while I only said about the fast pace..you're smarter than me :lol:) thank you again for keep putting my mind into words.

@Gabi Bros could you kindly PM me too the link to international version? (before it's missing from internet circulation coz many chose SBS..I hope it won't though) thanks in advance :wub:

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Gitakawaii said:

You beat me to it! HA! I think after this drama im officially a big fan of KHN. IU and Ha Neul seem to be very close judging from the BTS. I guess KHN was telling the truth lol. this picture is comforting my WW-HS ship at the moment.

Off topic : anybody want to recommend me any other Saeguk drama LJG was in? i've heard of "Scholar who walks the night" is that one any good?

I watched joseon gunman, and boy he IS awesome :D and as for Scholar, already have the file but no time to watch it yet kekekekeke

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, MadraRua said:
  Hide contents

@Bambiina

I respect your views and your entitled to have them. 

I haven't weighed in on the whole ratings controversy before because to me it's just so much background noise. But no one in this thread has 'consciously' or 'unconsciously' dissed another drama. They have huge love for their drama, Scarlet Heart Ryeo, title of this thread, that to some it is incomprehensible that the ratings don't match. A few have even pointed out it has happened before with previous dramas which were a huge hit here on Soompi but not so much domestically. If you don't mind me saying, I think your feathers are ruffled a bit because in your mind these rating's commentaries are somehow detracting from your own drama. When no one has mentioned it. Because taste is subjective, be it Korean or otherwise. 

And maybe you should have prefaced your post with your biases first. Again, ratings equals all so much background noise to me. It's an outdated mode of measurement in this digital age. There's obviously a quite considerable following for Scarlet Heart Ryeo in Korea if clicks on Naver is anything to go by. And it has 1 billion views on Youku too. 

Spoiler

I can quote - every single post in here commenting about rating and how people do not know how to judge a drama (indirectly putting down some show)  ..  anyway I know the consequences when I post my thoughts ..  we will never agree on this ...I just hope just may be .. there are SHR fans that can consider and will consider my sentiment ..  

• Like 10

@qwenli

Wow photo of the BTS of the OTP kiss.... would they be releasing the video though? maybe not allowed ?

The very "first" kiss scene that IU did (in a previous drama), it was her very first.....we've been waiting for its BTS hahaha...but it was never shown or have i missed it.? :lol:

• Like 19

50 minutes ago, irilight said:

@qwenli, Thank you so much for the article and for the shoutout.
I am so happy this drama is so well received all over, in so many countries.

There is another Scarlet Heart Ryeo poll on Twitter.

Here is what it looks like, at the moment

SHR%200-Poll-Minguk_zpsuha47btj.png

And another one:

SHR%200-Poll-Minguk-2_zpshplucadp.png

And a third one

SHR%200-Poll-Minguk-3_zps2qfezxgq.png

and a 4th one:

SHR%200-Poll-Minguk-4_zpsvyxk0nuv.png

You can find the polls on his twitter account

https://twitter.com/Kpop_Polling

i am so voting for our scarlet kekekeke

• Like 16