[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

2 hours ago, staygold said:

I wanted to know why Queen Yoo hates WS so much.  Is it cos he reminds her of the time when she lost control (over the king, over herself)?

Sorry for cutting your post, in a K-Drama & a novel "shine or go crazy" which is about Wang So his mother thinks he's a cursed child who will destroy the nation so he was kicked out from the palace by the royal family, I have no idea if this was based on real history, in Moon Lovers too his mother said to her baby boy to not go near him as he brings misfortune & she had experienced it herself, I think she was referring to Ep 1 she just had a baby & he died, then the king wanted to get married, she thinks all those things had happened only when Wang So came to life, when she sent him away she got pregnant with the 14th prince making her believe that Wang So is indeed the cause of all the bad things that happened to her. 

• Like 12

I've just marathon episodes 8 and 9 with subs...... am scrambling for words so I'll just throw them out ... WOW !! HUH ?? DIE ...!!!

So now I come to claim my 8 inches of space to put my thoughts coherently, since I've already invested this much of my time into this drama sans sleep and sans food occasionally. 

I apologise for not being able to backtrack as this thread galloped at a relentless pace that I can't keep up. I'll just take my 8 inches sans prejudice. 

EPISODE 8

I really like the rain ritual. It's fresh in its approach as it departed from the C-version. It is also intense in its symbolism of rain being a life giver. It almost as if heaven responded to the cries of the people and opened its sky to cleanse, to renew and to vitalise. For WS it's like he was cleansed of the painful past that gripped him and rendered him " impotent " to claim his seat in the royal succession. When the rain pelted down, he was revitalised and it gave a life back to him. HE WAS CONFIDENT NOW AND FAVOURED BY THE KING AND SUBJECTS. This is the pivotal point...... it tipped the scale for the throne and in this game the evil Queen and evil Prince were one down. This is WOW !! Eh LJK couldn't keep a straight face haha.

0pHnkzD.gif

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1124596?spi_ref=m_tvcast_twitter

Ripped this off from @MAROSA_JIN's post. Thanks

EPISODE 9

The evil, ruthless witch Queen was quite something ...... the gall of her plan. In imperial  times harsh punishment meant being boiled alive, cut into 4 parts by horses pulling 4 directions. Do that ... grrr ... to the pair. Oh, I like too that the Korean Scarlet used 3rd Prince rather than 9th prince for evil deeds. On a happier note Episode 9 has many interesting side stories which are engaging.

THE KISS THAT WAS NOT A KISS

What happened ? That's a Huh ? I just wish HS didn't cower so much. True, she saw the vision.... but that's a shallow future vision. She only saw cruelty not the reasons and method of death. The C-version did that very well.... Rouxi saw the future but also the reasons for their demise... they conspired against the king who was the 4th prince and betrayed him. Also the punishment wasn't the butcher like style in the Korean version.... Rouxi softened it by smuggling poison to the 8th prince for a more humane death. I think 9th committed suicide. 4th really loved 13th prince and took care of him and his daughter after his death of sickness. 4th tolerated 14th. 10th was happy.

Oh I digress.... the kiss. !! Did we just have a cliff hanger over a kiss? It's like a guessing game.... did she respond after a while or did she continue to recoil from it ? Haizzzz... !!! I love my kisses deep and passionate and body hugging. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQc91Whb7n1Ye5RtmGhFMf

credit : Owner

ONE OF MY FAVOURITES. WW DID A SKETCH OF THIS SWEET ROMANTIC MOMENT. LOVE IT

odHnvNt.gif

Credit : gif maker

Thank you all for your postings...... so much insights and beautiful pictures .

• Like 24

4 hours ago, qwenli said:

The movie is Resident Evil and will be out next year. He had said that he has very minimal screentime in the movie. Probably just some fight scenes with Milla, so he probably didnt have much dialogue.

I would say his elementary English is already very awesome for a Korean, at least he types English on his Instagram. I know many korean stars who have problems with the alphabets and dont even type hi or hello :D

I noticed it when I spent a couple weeks in Cambridge- asian students in common had very poor English and their pronunciation was hard to understand. I don't know why-first I thought it was because Asian groups of languages are totally different from European but then I started to communicate with students from India-their pronunciation was also not good but the grammar was understandable. So I was confused about it o_O

• Like 10

It just occurred to me how much more shitty Wook's life is about to be:

He falls in love with his deceased wife's cousin (She reciprocates)

He ends up determining to become King in order to have her (She no longer reciprocates, in fact, she falls in love with someone else)

Now he's stuck in this race for King (and he doesn't win)

And he's lost the girl ...

Wow...

It's going to suck to be Wook pretty soon... :bawling:

Spoiler

AND I CAN'T WAIT *gleeful screaming* :glasses:

• Like 20

I watched episode #9 last night and I also tried to read up on Wang So and his brothers.  I could not find where he killed his brothers; he and his brother Wang Yo conspired against the Crown Prince once he became king; however,  King Hyejong died from a disease  I read that during Wang So's reign he purged those he thought was against him to solidify his power (power of the throne) and break the hold the powerful political families had on the king. If one or some of them were his brothers, I don't know.  Many kings/emperors during those times, and not just Korean, purged those who conspired or attempted a coup.  If not, they would be executed or exiled.  Should an emperor/king kill others, perhaps not is was it a fact of life.  Wang So  also did some good things once he became emperor; somethings that H Soo should have remembered, under Gwangjong's reign, he liberated the slaves, established a system of civil service examinations to find the best and brightest people to become civil servants, eliminating government posts being awarded according to social/political standings.  Hae Soo could not remember any of this only that he killed his brothers(?).  As I posted previously, HS did not have to be a history scholar or buff; but she should have know a little more than she does about history.  No wonder she was told to do nothing.  However, doing nothing means keeping a cool head.  If she was as afraid of WS as she proclaims, then why voice it.  If he was so dangerous, wouldn't it be risky to utter the words, I am afraid of you?  Wasn't she afraid he would cut her down on the spot? WS is correct, she is his person, the King gave her to him; therefore, she cannot go anywhere unless he permits her to.  She is his, (during that era), to do what he wants to do with her.

• Like 18

1 hour ago, kriswu said:

I don't know why but I've been staring at this picture for minutes now... She just looks so safe in his arms. ❤️❤️❤️ 

I totally agree with you @kriswu. She looks safe and you saw she did let him hold her for a bit and then she ran away scared. Smh smh 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

First scenario is what I was talking about.

Second scenario.. horses of your brain are riding just like WS is riding them...so much you already thought that too with all possibilities. now its clear...

I am with first one cause that will give WSs image another boost regarding man who can go any limits to sav the girl he loves.And if its second again i'll be happy WS able to find her wherever she will be.

I can't believe that So would try to jailbreak her...he is too smart to pull that and he knows that king's eyes are everywhere.

Here is my take of the scenario- So strolls down to CP asks to taste the tea....stands around and walks out until he collapses. Soo senses his discomfort or overhears evil queen say poison did not work, runs out to find So only to find him collapsed and screams bringing the soldiers and princes on the scene who are confused what happened and who was the culprit and the target. 

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, Carmarie said:

I watched episode #9 last night and I also tried to read up on Wang So and his brothers.  I could not find where he killed his brothers; he and his brother Wang Yo conspired against the Crown Prince once he became king; however, King Hyejong died from a disease  I read that during Wang So's reign he purged those he thought was against him,  to solidify his power (power of the throne) and break the hold the powerful political families had on the king.   He also did some good things; some that H Soo should have remembered, under Gwangjong's reign, he liberated the slaves, established a system of civil service examinations to find the best and brightest people to become civil servants, eliminating government posts being awarded according to social standings.  Hae Soo could not remember any of this only that he killed his brothers(?).  As I posted previously, HS did not have to be a history scholar; but she should have know a little more than she does about history.  No wonder she was told to do nothing.  However, doing nothing means keeping a cool head.  If she was as afraid of WS as she proclaims, then why voice it.  If he was so dangerous, wouldn't it be risky to utter the words, I am afraid of you?  Wasn't she afraid he would cut her down on the spot? WS is correct, she is his person, the King gave her to him; therefore, she cannot go anywhere unless he permits her to.  She is his, (during that era), to do what he wants to do with her.

@Carmarie.... After reading on Wang So's history , I  totally thought he was good and ruthless king. He took care of his people but the political family hated the changes he was doing and tried to stop but he stopped them first. 

• Like 15

9 minutes ago, Lady_Lara said:

@briseis I'm really anticipating for your recap for the kissing scene in 9th episode!:wub:

Thank you! But I'm only in the middle of episode 8 with my commentaries and I have still so many scenes I want to write about that the soonest I will get to the kiss scene will be probably Sunday night, maybe even Monday morning CET. I'm sorry it takes me such a long time, but I have so many feels about so many scenes. Thanks for your words and patience  :wub:

• Like 16

7 hours ago, Diana Blanche said:

Sorry, I can't help you with this. I think you need a link address. Maybe someone else can help you

I thk it's easier for her to upload that pic to a website. I use photo bucket and it will generate a link. Copy the link and click paste or use the tab that says insert other media.

7 hours ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

3 decades....woww  thats a long time to be in kdramaland...mine is just lil more than 6 years. so  i am just a hoobae to you sunbae-nim :)

lol and i never did what i am doing for SHR... i was on soompi many times in past but always gave up cause I cpuld not keep up with the past moving pages and so much to read abt the show. but here i just cant give up... everyday i thinkk i wont open the tread but no my fingers itself open the soompi app on  my cell or webpage in laptop

no no i am not from Korea.. my mistake my words were confusing. I am from India...where are you from ?

Hee hello hoobae. It's 5am n I'm hiding under my blanket reading soompi first thg I tot of when I open my eyes (addict much? Lol). Took me 1h to back read where i left over cause the thread is on fire again.

But u misunderstand me my nearly 3decades started fr HK-dramas. My first Kdrama was Endless love/Autumn in my Heart.

Spoiler

I'm from Brunei :)

6 hours ago, violet90 said:

i think there is no coincidence that HS the one who bring the tea to CP... it make sense if you see that HS been caught helping CP by evil queen and later on WS go confronting his mom about it (SBS vers) and at that point i think evil queen already know HS is someone important to WS.. 

people who want to attack WS can't used force cause he already strong enough and now have favor from the king.. you have to attack his weakest spot and the only spot that WS have is HS.. and evil queen even dared him to stop that cause he will protect CP at least for now cause in eps 9 its his job to protect CP but WS face completely shocked when he see HS the one who bring the tea.. so now he need to protect both HS and CP..

seriously HS will be a lot of people target later on cause she the only person that make WS vulnerable.... 

Actually that's my biggest fear once HS and WS are together @violet90 cause they wil realise her importance to WS and use her as ammunition :cold_sweat:

5 hours ago, qwenli said:

The movie is Resident Evil and will be out next year. He had said that he has very minimal screentime in the movie. Probably just some fight scenes with Milla, so he probably didnt have much dialogue.

I would say his elementary English is already very awesome for a Korean, at least he types English on his Instagram. I know many korean stars who have problems with the alphabets and dont even type hi or hello :D

Spoiler

Perhaps he's among those who comprehend s English and given time can formulate single words to write well but find in hard to speak it

1 hour ago, Lady_Lara said:

I noticed it when I spent a couple weeks in Cambridge- asian students in common had very poor English and their pronunciation was hard to understand. I don't know why-first I thought it was because Asian groups of languages are totally different from European but then I started to communicate with students from India-their pronunciation was also not good but the grammar was understandable. So I was confused about it o_O

Spoiler

Sorry I disagree with the generalisation. Not all Asians. It would depend on country, curriculum and whether first language or not. Singapore, Malaysian and Bruneians generally speaking English well. In my country nearly the entire curriculum is taught in English and we follow the UK standard and take the Cambridge O levels. I'm Chinese but I speak English better than Chinese. Also met some Taiwanese and those well educated speaks English very well too. 

49 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

This is the full version of the kiss of international version (from DramaFever):

In the international version is a extended forced kiss but she stopped resisting and Wang So also stopped kissing her. She was in tears and Wang So felt bad. The kiss was uploaded yesterday on DramaFever and has 1,282 likes vs 7 dislikes so far.

EDIT: I am waiting for the mutual kiss. 

I go cross eye when I read ur post. Reading about a future mutual kiss, just the thought makes me swoon :blush:. And thanks for the vid. 

• Like 16

2 hours ago, bittaa said:

Thanks for the video, I like the ending song too, but I don't know the name of it, if you find it, please do post it here, Again thank you :sweatingbullets:

@ruizaio posted the song and lyrics

Jung Seung-hwan

http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?clipid=78969341

Lyrics:

Hide those tears in your heart
And erase the memories

Let's stop our incomplete
relationship now
Even if that means we'll live in tears missing each other

Just like the scattering wind
Just like a path that can't be found no matter what

When fate splits our paths
It can't be undone
So I have to let you go

As you turn away and leave me
Tears I'd kept holding in are falling

Just like flower petals falling
We have to end this pitiful love

When some da we meet again
We shall not part again
My love

• Like 16

It seems like the usual sites are replacing the Dramafever (international) version with the SBS ('uncut') version which means I can't get the DF versions anymore. Is there anyone willing to PM me links to episodes 1-7 of the Dramafever (International) version? I really want to compare both side by side and it seems like those are disappearing (if only they didn't include scenes that are not in the SBS version - why did they do that!). 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, millie10468 said:

It just occurred to me how much more shitty Wook's life is about to be:

He falls in love with his deceased wife's cousin (She reciprocates)

He ends up determining to become King in order to have her (She no longer reciprocates, in fact, she falls in love with someone else)

Now he's stuck in this race for King (and he doesn't win)

And he's lost the girl ...

Wow...

It's going to suck to be Wook pretty soon... :bawling:

Reveal hidden contents

AND I CAN'T WAIT *gleeful screaming* :glasses:

It's about time, if you ask me. ;)

(I'll put my full response under spoiler tags just in case anyone is averse to negative posts about Uk)

Spoiler

And there's no one he should blame but himself. Words cannot express how much I hate the way he is stringing Su along even to the point now that she has to make excuses for him and his ineffectual promises.

I don't dislike him as much as people think I do. :D But while he has had the burden of family on his shoulders, he definitely lacks the killer instinct because... let's face it, he's never had to fight hard for anything in his life. He's been happy to sit back and wait for the right circumstances to fall into place.

He's been largely very fortunate -- good looks, an extremely good and understanding wife who helped him regain his stature, starry-eyed cousin who reciprocates his feelings, liked and respected by his brothers, a mother who loves him and treats him well.

Under the circumstances, he's done well. But he doesn't have the chops to romance a girl like Su.

2 hours ago, briseis said:

Wook is always promising Soo something - whether it’s getting her out of the Palace, being with her or saving her - but IT’S SO WHO IS ACTUALLY DOING ALL OF IT, AND WITHOUT PRETTY TALK AND LOFTY PROMISES. HE IS ALWAYS THERE FOR HAE SOO WHEN SHE NEEDS HIM. Wook claims to love Soo, but it’s So who really watches her closely enough to notice all the hardships she has to endure in the Palace, he is the one who tries to encourage her and while he can’t get her out he keeps actually giving her useful and practical advices and information how to survive there. And she is using them, even with his own mother, pretending to be ignorant about the CP’s illness no matter how frightened she is; she is following them because she trusts him and because no one else told her how to survive. As Wook keeps planning for HS’s uncertain discharge from the Palace, SO IS MEANWHILE TRYING HIS DAMNEST TO KEEP HER ALIVE AND SAFE IN THERE

If I could give you hundred likes for this, I would. :D

Spoiler

It isn't just that there is no follow through with the promises which is bad enough. What's worse is that the promises and sweet chatter are made on the backs of situations and circumstances that he has absolutely no control over. Why would anyone say something like "Nobody will ever speak to you that way again."? Okay, we can argue that it's hyperbole after a distressing event but it's a symptom of a larger pattern. By all means comfort and protect the woman that you love but not by cocooning her and pretending that you're more powerful than you really are. But promising that she could be released from service on the back of the rain blessing is the one that takes the cake. The fact that he had no input nor had he broached the topic with the king beforehand shouldn't make him feel this confident about the outcome. Was that confidence purely bravado and all show only?

The guy has no killer instincts whatsoever. You have to wonder how much he really wants Su. Does he want her in the most convenient way possible? Well, I had to ask.

And what really annoyed me in Ep. 9 is that she had to make him feel better about his ineffectiveness. That really didn't sit well with me at all. It's so wrong to me that he gets away with making yet another hollow promise with not even a slap on the wrist.

But he will reap what he's sown.

I've got to say though... the writer has done a brilliant job creating and maintaining the contrast between #4 and #8.

• Like 24

52 minutes ago, Carmarie said:

If she was as afraid of WS as she proclaims, then why voice it.  If he was so dangerous, wouldn't it be risky to utter the words, I am afraid of you?  Wasn't she afraid he would cut her down on the spot? WS is correct, she is his person, the King gave her to him; therefore, she cannot go anywhere unless he permits her to.  She is his, (during that era), to do what he wants to do with her.

Maybe it was a desperate, twisted, last-resort way of appealing to him (his friend, the person she trusts in her heart despite all the struggling), exactly the same thing that kiss was for WS...

• Like 12