[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

19 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I have been wondering about two things: Has Wang So from the start the scar or not? If he had it from the start, sources would mention it.

Let me explain: what if JM's travel to the future had an impact on Wang So. Maybe, when CJM died as child (in Goreyo) and was transferred to the future, he learnt that Taejo would become king and he knew the name of his successors. However, when he came back, he knew what would happen therefore he influenced the king in his decisions. Imagine now, since he had read that Taejo would marry a certain woman from a clan, he gave him the advice to get married, although Taejo's older son had died.

What if CJM's knowledge was the reason that Wang So got his scar... because he gave Taejo the advice to get married for political reasons. The scar happened and History started changing and CJM felt it. However, he had to correct his mistake so that he supported Wang So as much as possible. Then he met Hae Soo and realised that she was from the future. From that moment, he knew she was the one who would turn History to his normal past. Hae Soo has a different History knowledge than CJM. Therefore Jm asked her not to do anything, but he is wrong. He had the original History about Goreyo but he messed up and Hae Soo is there to make it right, so that Hae Soo remembers a different story about Gwangjong. If this theory is true, then JM is wrong... Hae Soo has an impact and can change the curse of the History.

Does it sound plausible? you're welcome to give some feedback.

@evie7  @iloveknovela @junee22 @40somethingahjumma @Yongzura @littleloony

I think the writer created that scar only to make the story interesting.... my wild guess. :D

Compared to what I recently read about Gwangjong and the previous period kdrama I've watched, it is in Six Flying Dragon that we can get to know him well as a young man.  He was a bright kid there who loves to be with his Father when he was still the General of the army.  I think Lady Oh mentioned that the King was a soldier when they were in a relationship.  He love his older brother and the younger ones as well.  No mention about their mother there though they have stepmother who later became the queen when his father ascended to the throne.  He was responsible for the death of many of his Father's political rivals there since his father is too kind... in short he did the dirty job for him since he was feed up for making the King like their puppet.  But in Deep Rooted Tree & Jang Yeong Sil, he is a ruthless King.  I think in every period drama they kinda twist it a little bit to create any interesting plot. 

I am thinking that although MLSHR is an adaptation of Chinese novel with license to Korean history, they probably won't do exactly like the original.  Just another wild guess and I am hoping they do coz I don't care if they twist it a little bit as long as they give us an interesting ending for WS & HS. 

Honestly, I am suspicious about Ji Mong.  He seems to know HS but pretending that he doesn't.  It seems that his claim of being dead for one day when he was a child is only made up to hide something.  Remember when HS first saw and spoke to him in the palace, he said the same thing that the beggar told HJ before the eclipse.  Actually it was the beggar who saw the eclipse happening.  When HS spoke to him after the rain ritual his expression is very suspicious... especially when he mentioned Gwangjong... and later claimed that he overheard it from HS.  If he is unaware of who Gwangjong he won't be surprised hearing his name during the ritual.  Just my observation. :D

What if JM and HS were both transported back in Goryeo era? :D  If this is true and he is older than HS then he probably know the history better than her.  If ever.... he wanted to make a difference or change history... he did a great job by being a great support and mentor to WS.  Besides, he can never change the destiny of WS ascending to the throne.  But if bloodshed can be eliminated or minimized then much better.  HS was so eager to change the history that she's not so sure about.  JM is telling her not to do anything... coz she already touched WS's face.  Meaning she already made a difference in WS's life... he is no longer outcast now and the relationship with his family were a little restored, he is now recognized as part of the Royal family, he felt important now because his Father trust him and expecting something from him.  HS is just not a deep thinker person... no wonder she always make mistakes.

Like I said, it takes Wisdom to accomplish greater things.  Wisdom is an application of knowledge.  It is not enough that you know the history.... how you make decision out of what you knew and have learned is much more important because it determines the outcome. 

• Like 20

@miyukiakira1988 @ruizaio can you also share the link where i can download the song (if Ost has been released so far) if not then ill just listen the video part...

@MoOnLoVeRz thanks for lovely Gifs. all are so gorgeous.. do you create these ?

@MAROSA_JIN thank you for all those lovely pics.. i can stare on the side angled kiss pic... LJKs jaw bone  is so sharp to kill us just by looking at it.

@Gitakawaii have you tried Iljimae ? if not I'd say go watch it immediately... you'll never regret sacrificing your sleep for it. and to add its another Masked LJK there.

10 hours ago, Lady_Lara said:

I noticed it when I spent a couple weeks in Cambridge- asian students in common had very poor English and their pronunciation was hard to understand. I don't know why-first I thought it was because Asian groups of languages are totally different from European but then I started to communicate with students from India-their pronunciation was also not good but the grammar was understandable. So I was confused about it o_O

Spoiler

@Lady_Lara hello friend and I would like add my 2 cents just like @sharreb did to disagree with the generalization. nd hope you wont mind me joining in...

Reason In most of Asian countries (including mine) english is not first language that we speak, we have tons of regional dialects and our own national language so if someone cant speak one particular lang (english in this case) one should not be judged being less knowledgeable/intelligent. They can still know much more than anyone speaking english can know.

And lang is  just a mode of communication that we use to make other person understand what we are trying to and should never be used to underestimate them. And if what is thought can be made clear even with a broken english or any foreign language.

believe me its not just you.. i dont like same attitude in my country too cause if one cant speak english in general gathering people will stare at them as an alien and try speaking ill about them What I like about koreans (as much as i have followed their culture ) they respect their own language and all their official work in Korean lang (and I have Massive respect for them for that).

Again it was not to make you feel bad (and apologies if any of my words hurt you) but just wanted to add...

9 hours ago, pujajain said:

I can't believe that So would try to jailbreak her...he is too smart to pull that and he knows that king's eyes are everywhere.

Here is my take of the scenario- So strolls down to CP asks to taste the tea....stands around and walks out until he collapses. Soo senses his discomfort or overhears evil queen say poison did not work, runs out to find So only to find him collapsed and screams bringing the soldiers and princes on the scene who are confused what happened and who was the culprit and the target. 

very possible... and that can also prove no matter how much HS is scared of WS of her vision she still cares and worris for him. lets wait and what how it happens.

Spoiler

@pujajain out of topic..

are you from india...you name and surname implies so.. so just cant stop asking. Hope you wont mind.

8 hours ago, sharreb said:

Hee hello hoobae. It's 5am n I'm hiding under my blanket reading soompi first thg I tot of when I open my eyes (addict much? Lol). Took me 1h to back read where i left over cause the thread is on fire again.

But u misunderstand me my nearly 3decades started fr HK-dramas. My first Kdrama was Endless love/Autumn in my Heart.

everyone is same boat... sleeping at night reading comments here morning wake up to this thread to read what all missed here while we were sleeping with Scarlet dreams.... gotcha.. HK dramas and than kdramas. So you are from Hongkong ?

@qwenli thanks for the article...and here i am wishing how good it would be to be in any of those countries where I could have articles, news about SHR...its so lonely here in india...

• Like 12

4 hours ago, meahri_1 said:

Annyeong yeorobun!  Good news to share with all of you! We might be trailing in SK, but we're killing it elsewhere!

Good news really. I wonder how's the reception in my homeland, Malaysia since we are neighbours. I know the drama is always on top of the trending list but would appreciate if there is a figure or an article to back up on the reception. Gahhh.... Malaysian reporters are too busy covering political scandal and yet lazy to report on something worthy like this one. 

• Like 15

3 hours ago, dhia205 said:

he said he's afraid to be in romantic scene because he's lack of experience and said don't know how to do it...

did he really say that... i cant belive.. the way he looks at his leading lady can make feel weak on knees and he has no experience gosh what he would do with experienced lover...*just wondering*

and where did he say that ? any interview link you can help me with ?

11 hours ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

hello all,... i hv created one FMV for ScarCouple but read in one of the posts abt the copyright issue and how videos get removed from YT.

Anyway it can be avoided or any site where videos will not be removed ?

please please...i need help...can anyone guide me here

• Like 11

54 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

its not too gritty, I don't know what demo watches it but honestly speaking, I watched Cruel City, Punch, Signal and My Beautiful Bride, Last...its moderately dark with humor and romance mixed in it.....As for male lead with glaring flaws and deep seated anger and revenge in mind, there's always Ji Sung in Secret..It just suffered from a shaky start and never really recovered. It is like every other drama this year, has highs and then has lows. Like 8 was good then 9 sort of let a lot of people down. Time-slot matters, Monday is the first day of work after weekend. I think people do watch it, just not while it airs. They probably watch it at a later time.

Also, it came while MDBC had already attracted audience from good word of mouth and Monster had established a steady followers. Now that Monster's done, maybe some will shift to this. I hope so.

Thanks for allowing another layer to my analysis to the ratings woe of the drama. I think the problem is the questionable marketing that led to confusion of the target demographic.

Husband & I love Cruel City and Signal... and he wouldn't touch (I won't either, if not for LJG) something that is called "Moon Lovers" with a 10-feet pole. Not to mention, the eye-candy cast... not just the younger princes but IU as the lead (Not saying she's bad or anything -- that's besides the point -- but it gave a wrong signal as to what their target audience is). The casting choices + most of the promotion of the drama + the glitzy tone of the production seemed to have been directed at the viewers, that are 1) younger  2) expecting less grit  3) expecting more romance than political intrigue/time-travel conundrum of cause-vs-effect. (Yes, the 6-min preview was bloody, but too "artfully" bloody.)

The problem comes from expectation management, I guess. They seemed to have pulled the wrong demo for audience... and then, proceeds to disappoint said audience. :(

As you can see, most of the complaints I was addressing were from the fans of this drama itself. As you said, many fans are disappointed by episode 9, but in effect, it is arguably vital in HS's character development. The thing is... many fans feel things just got better for WS in episode 8, and want to feel a sense of relief, and then disaster strikes again. But with how much plot the writer is having to cram in each episode, there was simply no time for them to give a break to the OTP. 

• Like 19

28 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

@miyukiakira1988 @ruizaio can you also share the link where i can download the song (if Ost has been released so far) if not then ill just listen the video part...

@MoOnLoVeRz thanks for lovely Gifs. all are so gorgeous.. do you create these ?

@MAROSA_JIN thank you for all those lovely pics.. i can stare on the side angled kiss pic... LJKs jaw bone  is so sharp to kill us just by looking at it.

@Gitakawaii have you tried Iljimae ? if not I'd say go watch it immediately... you'll never regret sacrificing your sleep for it. and to add its another Masked LJK there.

Reveal hidden contents

@Lady_Lara hello friend and I would like add my 2 cents just like @sharreb did to disagree with the generalization. nd hope you wont mind me joining in...

Reason In most of Asian countries (including mine) english is not first language that we speak, we have tons of regional dialects and our own national language so if someone cant speak one particular lang (english in this case) one should not be judged being less knowledgeable/intelligent. They can still know much more than anyone speaking english can know.

And lang is  just a mode of communication that we use to make other person understand what we are trying to and should never be used to underestimate them. And if what is thought can be made clear even with a broken english or any foreign language.

believe me its not just you.. i dont like same attitude in my country too cause if one cant speak english in general gathering people will stare at them as an alien and try speaking ill about them What I like about koreans (as much as i have followed their culture ) they respect their own language and all their official work in Korean lang (and I have Massive respect for them for that).

Again it was not to make you feel bad (and apologies if any of my words hurt you) but just wanted to add...

very possible... and that can also prove no matter how much HS is scared of WS of her vision she still cares and worris for him. lets wait and what how it happens.

Reveal hidden contents

@pujajain out of topic..

are you from india...you name and surname implies so.. so just cant stop asking. Hope you wont mind.

everyone is same boat... sleeping at night reading comments here morning wake up to this thread to read what all missed here while we were sleeping with Scarlet dreams.... gotcha.. HK dramas and than kdramas. So you are from Hongkong ?

@qwenli thanks for the article...and here i am wishing how good it would be to be in any of those countries where I could have articles, news about SHR...its so lonely here in india...

The ost hasn't been released so far

• Like 4

1 hour ago, violet90 said:

for me there is no gentleness in the way WS love HS.. he's not going to be your typical lover what he felt for HS is a deep and raw sensual feeling... when WS comes to palace he have no feeling whatsoever but even his first meeting with HS he already attract to someone who dare to talk back to him and even tease her... if you watch all their interaction WS slowly but deeply attract to HS.. after HS hurt herself i think he can't control his feeling that he might loss her... even if he did not meet HS that much but at least he knew that HS is alive but watching her do that in front her just shake him up.....

its my first time encounter this type of relationship between lead.. like someone else said its the dynamic that writer do with our lead that will made our lead love EPIC.. its start from bottom and its start with an unique kind of relationship..

its the clash between our WS who represent black and fire broken in so many way with HS who represent white and water as pure as she can be just make thing more intense... 

many male lead are broken and touch by love and healing.. but in here WS will always broken for HS.. yes he is became more calmer and outgoing person but with HS his nature is the same person that first come to palace.. . he will do anything for her and i means it ANYTHING to make sure that one person who matter to him is safe and alive and by his side...

and yes WS will be a possessive and obsessive lover in nature cause if he loss her then his world loss too.. if you want to see the nice and gentleman hero this one is not for you.....

Gosh i am on mobile now and i finally able to catch up all your post and this post by our @violet90 finally took my interest. She wrote all the feeling that you wanted to write but end up you holding back. 

Their relationship isnt ordinary one. Not like the normal couple. They will face so many obstacles and even they could go as a normal couple it would be hard since their boundaries already created. A prince and a maid, i am not saying if they put their position away, it would be hard. Like i ever watched in Faith, when Choi Young fell in love with Eun Soo, a woman he brought from the future, he was so hard to deny his feeling even Eun Soo offered him to live in her world so he could not kill people again. Same case like Hae Soo and Wang So, the black guy with a sunny woman feel attracted each other but deny their feeling so hard like both of them would hurt each other. After all, if they have a tragic ending, i believe we already saw their progress since beginning because Soo already made So more human. It's better to see him like that. If he has to kill his brother , he owned a reason for that. 

I saw someone saying wang so is evil, nope he's not evil. If he's evil, he should have joined the Queen Yoo badwagon and becoma their puppet so he could kill all the people that ever treated him like shoot. 

And for Wang Yo, he was raised with greedily, filled his mind with anger,jealousy,rage and evil side that his mother invested to him. She wanted Yo became powerful like the King. But nope, based on my feeling and mind were arguing each other, King Taejo has a similarity with Wang So. I should look at both of them in detail but they have a same similarity that people could see but i think and say, Wang So and his father have a similarity that both of them already knew. Wang So was also closed to crown prince, Moo and also if i am not mistaken, Crown Prince also take care him very much. I need more bromance between So,Eun, Jung,Moo and Baek Ah. 

• Like 12

36 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

did he really say that... i cant belive.. the way he looks at his leading lady can make feel weak on knees and he has no experience gosh what he would do with experienced lover...*just wondering*

Spoiler

i'm sorry i only can find that one, the audio a bit unsync withe the audio so you need extra attention. i put under spoiler because not related to SHR. (note : beware fall for him even deeper he's going crazy there)

about your copyright issue, it's usually happen when you include long part of a video without cut it. i forget the certain time i think less than 20sc in the limit. in my take, i usually cut the long part a bit and assemble it again. 

or if you don't have a time to do it just upload in DM but i never use it so i don't know their policy

@deabakdrama be careful that sharp jaw line can cut you heart Lol

• Like 8

59 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

already discussed his kissing skills and lack of experience in dating a few pages (well, maybe lots of pages) back. So I will share it again. It was in Healing camp back in 2012, so I believe he has gained a lot of experience in loving dept since then hahahaha... 

Spoiler

• Like 10

5 hours ago, outofspace said:

If you (and anyone else) want to learn a bit about editing, this is a perfect video to watch. It's quite simple with lots of examples. ^_^

It's more or less the same thing I do with novels (written by me, or by other authors).

• Like 6

I do not know if this article had been posted here, sorry.

The reason I find it encouraging and fascinating, is because while we, as international viewers have no power to improve viewership ratings in Korea, we do have the power to improve CPI, as I have indicated earlier on this thread. We do that by watching Naver videos (and liking them), and searching for news and information on Korean portals. Lets continue to do that, as much as possible. We have some new drama starting this week that will compete with Scarlet Heart Ryeo for CPI. So lets be vigilant about making use of Korean portals. Hopefully Scarlet Heart Ryeo can continue to top the CPI

‘Scarlet Heart: Ryeo’ scores highest in content power

SBS‘ period drama “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo” ranked the highest in the contents power index in the first week of September, despite being behind on viewer ratings. 

According to CJ E&M, “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo” recorded a total of 294.3 points. “Moonlight Drawn By Clouds” managed to secure second place with 274.4 points, followed by MBC‘s popular variety show “Infinite Challenge,” with 251.7 points and the drama “W” with 220.8 points.

Spoiler

This comes as an unexpected surprise for SBS considering the drama only has 6 to 7 percent viewership, as opposed to its Monday-Tuesday competitor, KBS 2TV’s “Moonlight Drawn by Clouds,” which has a viewership of around 20 percent. 

These figures could be an indication that “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo” will see a similar boost in viewership like “Moonlight Drawn by Clouds” did.

source

• Like 21