[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

I have a feeling we would not see much OTP moments in the next couple of episodes, and that's why I am so bummed.  They had to give us that big bone with the Episode 12 makeout sessions LOL.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

A post on Weibo today by 百合乃禾 to analyze Minho's acting. She is a doctor and LMH's fan. Sorry that I'm busy on works, so I used translator with some modifications.

https://www.weibo.com/1893491274/J5bPc2cd1?type=comment

Analyze Minho's micro-expression performance. I've analyzed Minho's micro expressions in LOTBS, and part of the analysis was devoted to the asymmetry of the left and right facial expressions. Let's start by explaining why we have a split face. The reason for this asymmetry is that the cross brain controls the expression of the left and right faces in humans. The left brain dominates the right face, and the right brain dominates the left face. Since the left side of the brain is primarily responsible for logic, and the right side of the brain is primarily responsible for emotion, this leads to the phenomenon that the right side of the face is the result of rational thought, in other words, processing. In other words, the left side of our face is more direct and not deceptive. Observing Minho's performance on this basis, we will find that his expression changes, sometimes appearing on the left face, sometimes appearing on the right face, which implies a meaning worth exploring. For example, with Gon's cousin in Prince Buyeong's study room, the king was silent to listen but before he began to speak, a minor change in the left face has two: left eyebrow lifting, on the left side of the lip Angle left for a moment, the pie mouth very subtle, I even in a moment he withdraw his lips, only to find that his lip Angle change. On a micro expression, the raised eyebrow is a sign of surprise, while the puckered mouth is a sign of unhappiness. It's not just because he's not in the right mood, it's because the expression of the smile pulls the corners of the mouth toward the eyes. And the lip is the corner of the mouth to the ear direction pull. According to what cousin said, we can understand what kind of emotion he expressed: he was both surprised and displeased at the ambition of his cousin, but as the emperor, he would not show obvious sarcasm, that is to say, his reason prevented him from showing this expression, so his right face remained calm. But his emotions are different. Anger and sadness make him want to laugh at cousin's incapacity, which makes the left side of his face appear the above changes. So even if he didn't speak, we can guess what king Gon's thought. I was quite surprised to find this detail because he was acting with the left side of his face. This proves at least two possibilities: first, his emotional brain is really at work during the performance. That is to say, no matter how he understands the role, he will make his emotions close to the role's needs after entering the performance state, so as to naturally transition to micro-expressions. The second is that his micro-expression has been trained to make the left face subject to will rather than emotion. Is that possible? Yes, but it's very difficult. How difficult ? It's like learning to write with your feet. This is because our instincts dictate that the left side of our face is too straight to change overnight. In either case, minho's mastery of acting means a huge amount of work: one minute on stage, ten years off.

In contrast, the dialogue between The king and JTE in episodes 13, JTE said don't be afraid in advance, after all, the door of the two worlds is not closed. Here the king's performance is, looking at TE thoughtfully for a moment, slowly smiled. However, only on the right side. Then, combined with the plot is: the king is worried, TE's comfort let him temporarily put down the worry. But this relaxation, with some unsettled emotions, because he did not really let go of his worry. Why do you think so? Because the right side of the face is logically processed. His left brain, after rational thinking, came to the conclusion that TE is reasonable, has not happened, the probability of its occurrence is temporarily 0, then the current worry is unfounded, not desirable. The left side of his brain was relieved and the right side of his face smiled. But the right side of his brain was less gullible, because his emotions could not accept the possibility, even if it was only one in a million, that he would never see his wife again. This fear of the future, so that he denied TE's words in the feelings, so, the right brain stuck in its own ways, determined not to compromise, even if you say flowers to me will not be deceived, as a result, the left face is still tight. At this time, the asymmetry of the left and right face reflects the heavy worry of The King, which is filled with rich content and very rich texture. And this "texture" means the success of the performance. This kind of success allows the audience not only to feel the emotions of the characters, but also to feel what lies behind them, without the need for words to gild the lily. This is why I like to turn off the subtitles when watching live: I can simply enjoy Minho's performance, capture those fleeting emotions, and pick up the characters' emotions in the auspicious scenes. That said, Minho's performance of the feast, really called, nanoscale feast.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And according to 百合乃禾's replies to comments of her post, LMH's acting is underrated, she wants to write the detail for a basis for fans to praise his acting skills.

• Like 9
  • Awesome 5
  • Insightful 3

8 minutes ago, gwin said:

I have a feeling we would not see much OTP moments in the next couple of episodes, and that's why I am so bummed.  They had to give us that big bone with the Episode 12 makeout sessions LOL.

I second this. The focus will most probably be problem solving and god forbid but perhaps loss of life on the way

• Like 3

Alright. All the votes for the punishment came really close. So I am condensing the punishment so everyone gets the one they liked :)

CHOOSE ONE OF THE TWO:

WINNERS:

1. Change your profile picture (the small circle one below your name and remember to follow Soompi size requirements) to a picture/gif of the OTP or a Goodie character (Maximus counts, too :D). 

2. Write: "I AM A WINNER!" on every post you make (this is to make sure everyone sees that you won because the thread moves fast and everyone catches up at their own pace :D )

LOSERS:

1. Change your profile picture (the small circle below your name and remember to follow Soompi size requirements) to a picture/gif of LR or a Baddie character (a horse shoe counts, too ;) ) 

2. . Write: "I AM A LOSER!" on every post you make (again, this is to make sure everyone sees that you lost  because the thread moves fast and everyone catches up at their own pace :D )

NOTE: 

*** If the answer is revealed in the next 2 episodes, this punishment goes into effect immediately and continues on until the drama ends. If the answer comes in the final episode, the punishment goes into effect right after for a week (most of us should still be on the thread to discuss and celebrate or protest, right? :lol:)

calling:

@Heretorant @scrawford @mychoiyoung @AgentQuake @Thong Thin @mrsj3n @syntyche @gwin @Alice Wonderland @SweetButters @madmad min @Joanna Alfson @Elnin Joery @lyrically aesthetic @realistic2280 @bebebisous33 @CallieP @wenchanteur @leeminhosny @lindas55 @Guyangi_Dalpeongi @koreaboooo @ms_inquiry @Kdramatic @YongZura⁷ @Geolyvseven @Orientalfan @imels @katakwasabi @deabakdrama @Amy323 @Jaja @Umjicheok @Ameera Ali @Chellsee @Dramafreak @Heilo @Wis dom @Time loop @rocher22 @Flloy House @x2020 @MairaA and everyone else I could not tag!

Sorry! I tried to tag more people but my computer is lagging so badly! 

Remember to cast your vote! It ends tomorrow morning!

So, the punishments should be good to go! :D

And finally:

tenor.gif

now i can backtrack :P

• Like 15
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 5

I'm one of the crazy one & voted for LG + Luna. One of the saviors, I thought had a female physique at a quick glance. Maybe I'm wrong, we'll see...

But if I'm right, that's one mind blown plot twist.

source.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
  • Awesome 1

28 minutes ago, Jaja said:

Wow looking at the poll, we are all pretty much divided. that's the beauty of this drama. I voted for LG+SJ. 

those 4 people who voted for LG+Luna would feel like one in a million if it came true :lol:

I wanted to vote for LG + maximus in his human form. But the option wasn't there.

• Like 1
  • LOL 13

EVERYBODY BE QUIET AND GO TO SLEEP

WE NEED TO REST BEFORE THE SCREAMING TOMORROW

DO YOU WANT TO HAVE PUFFY EYE BAGS?  

IF NOT, THEN GO TO SLEEP!

or you can buy the multi purpose balm and have glowing skin!

• Like 1
  • LOL 21

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

I’m right there with you! So far, I know it’s me, you, @1ouise and @imels. The other 18 people who voted for LG1 and LG2 are keeping quiet. Probably too afraid to admit how crazy they are to choose the most complicated duo lol. :lol:

Also them when we win:

I also voted Double LG Some people are hiding out! It's obvious :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

EVERYBODY BE QUIET AND GO TO SLEEP

WE NEED TO REST BEFORE THE SCREAMING TOMORROW

DO YOU WANT TO HAVE PUFFY EYE BAGS?  

IF NOT, THEN GO TO SLEEP!

or you can buy the multi purpose balm and have glowing skin!

the day just started here in S-E Asia :lol:

the episode comes tonight for us Asian monarchs.. we are ready now after our beauty sleep :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

Whoa!! That bloody picture of LR! I can’t believe I zoomed in to see where he was bleeding from. It is the same spot where bby LG got cut from the flute..or was it a beheading order from LG??

Peyha, off with the head to PM, too!!

tenor.gif

@mrsj3n haha, you know me well! I definitely have a surplus of drinks with me ;) :P

11 minutes ago, Heilo said:

I also voted Double LG Some people are hiding out! It's obvious :joy:

I agree! But I am more surprised that so many people are voting SJ+LG. As far as I know, only @AgentQuake and who else was it (ah, I cannot remember lol) who said they believed in this combo. Many people are hiding out indeed :D 

i voted for LG+JY. He cannot be the unbreakable sword for no reason! Unless he is meant to be the unbreakable barrier between TE and LG only..because noooo..i will not accept that :lol:

@gwin i had the same thinking as you about the scar LR has!! 

• LOL 6

50 minutes ago, Heilo said:

I was thinking wait what LG-Luna team up? It even cracked up that it was an option imagine if they end up being correct. 

@Heilo

His more dengerous then ever now as he can time-travel and warn his past self which he did

This is kinda embarassing to admit, but...

I am one of the four! Honestly, my brain is all messed up after reading all the theories posted here, so I just went and choose the unthinkable :sweat_smile:

It's all in the good fun tho lmao but if I end up winning.... well, maybe fate is in my favor? Ha! :tounge_wink:

@Jaja I will definitely feel like one in the million if I win B)

Seriously tho, I know the chances are slim, but I'm hoping KES has a twist in store for Luna. So far, she hasn't been entirely bad, except for the fact that she may have poisoned Lee Gon. I can't really hate her for wanting a normal life like TaeEul's.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

@briseis  I love what you posted and thank you for pointing out the timing in LR's journey to achieve his mad plan. That is something that has been mentioned before but not emphasized enough.

Perhaps the only exception in your post is the ID of the saviour.  People knew it was LG immediately while the Night of Treason is happening cos that's undeniably LMH's silhouette & stand (CH vibe).  Even GirlFriday & Javabean's Swoon video showed they easily caught it, being big LMH fans.  The puzzle was just how it will unfold.  Then the puzzle grew because of the noted difference in the shoes that night.

But hey I always look forward to your illuminating posts :)

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, goldenashes97 said:

This is kinda embarassing to admit, but...

I am one of the four! Honestly, my brain is all messed up after reading all the theories posted here, so I just went and choose the unthinkable :sweat_smile:

It's all in the good fun tho lmao but if I end up winning.... well, maybe fate is in my favor? Ha! :tounge_wink:

@Jaja I will definitely feel like one in the million if I win B)

Seriously tho, I know the chances are slim, but I'm hoping KES has a twist in store for Luna. So far, she hasn't been entirely bad, except for the fact that she may have poisoned Lee Gon. I can't really hate her for wanting a normal life like TaeEul's.

I guess you just threw in the dice to see what numbers you will hit. A certain gambler I see :joy:

200.gif

Then later when the unlikely event turns into reality

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 10