[Drama 2020] Forest, 포레스트

larus

Something to look forward to episodes 5-6 tonight!

[200205] 헤럴드POP
[투데이TV]'포레스트' 박해진, 아슬아슬 상반신 노출 포착..섹시美 대폭발

[Forest TV] 'Forest' Park Hae-jin captures bare upper body exposure

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/112/0003264632

202002051342001900755_20200205134224_01_

[200205]뉴시스
박해진 파워 무섭다, '포레스트' 점유율 80% 육박

Newsis
Park Hae-power is scary, 'Forest' occupies 80% 

NISI20200205_0000473136_web_202002051508

[Seoul = Newsis] Reporter Choi Ji-yun = Korean Wave star Park Hae-yeon starring KBS 2TV 'The Forest' momentum is scary.

According to Good Data, a big data analysis company on the 5th, 'Forest' took the 1st place with a 79.3% market share of tree plays from the 27th to the 2nd of this month.

In the issue keyword rankings, 'Forest Meaning' came second in the week. There was even support for all ages. 10 and 30 stands fourth, 20 third, 40 top five, 50 or more accounted for searches near the top of all ages over 3

"Forest" will heal the wounds of the heart in people with a real desire to forests It is a story that realizes the nature of happiness. Park Hae-jin played the role of Kang San-hyuk, an M & A expert who is a cool perfectionist. As a result of the illusion pain, there are side effects of sleeping pills, and only the surgeon 'Jung Young-jae' (Jo Boa) shows her true appearance.

Sanhyuk intends to move 119 Special Rescue Teams elsewhere in order to succeed on projects that cost hundreds of billions. Purchase land around the ghost forest to learn about the rescue's internal situation.

5 and 6 broadcasts at 10 pm on this day.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/003/0009686890

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, beyaruth said:

@nonski Am I the only one who feels like wanting to pull up his towel? I feel like it's too low that it might fall down anytime soon. 

:lol:.  I am with you...it’s pretty precarious...what’s he doing swanning around half naked?  I get that being out in the forest could render one to be more attune with primal instincts and clothes may be a “hindrance” to “finding your true self” (you know?  Stripping down to bare essentials and baring your soul and all)...but really?  I guess chaebols are a different kind of beast altogether.  Look at him surveying his bared torso in front of the mirror :lol: ... And then finding himself a nice bottle of red and lying on a deck chair (still half naked) sipping the aforementioned wine...and maybe mulling over which billion dollar deal he next venture into.

EDIT - there’s that weird flashback/flash forward (?) where she’s in the forest surrounded by fire and PHJ rappelling down from the rescue chopper?  He hooks her up and she is winched up leaving him in the firewall as she’s yelling at him to get a grip?  That was odd too?  Was that a dream?

6 hours ago, nrllee said:

As an aside, is the second male lead also rich?  He fronted up with a yellow sports car (?) to give her a lift when she arrived?  Hardly a practical option for off road driving? Are all Rescue Workers just bored Chaebols wanting an adrenaline rush?  :blink: He gets on my nerves.  I find him awkward/green (pun intended) in his role and he’s over-acting which doesn’t help.  Not sure what second female lead has against FL?  She recognised her name at the hospital and didn’t seem particularly pleased to see her there. 

I wanted to ask the same question . How does one work for the government & afford such a fancy car? :DLooks  like both contenders for the FL’s heart are rich and have a great physique ( I’m assuming they all work out hard to be in rescue services ) . So that all is fair in love & war. :w00t:
———/———
If the burning question you’re asking is if you should check this out ,  I think watch 4 episodes and decide . I do think the leads are good especially ML. His acting has never failed me , having followed his career for awhile . FL may not be so convincing as a surgeon , but I put that down to how her character is being set up . They are trying to throw all the odds at her.  The upside is I think she is quite a good fit for the role because JBA is good at playing FLs with strong personalities ( hv also watched a few of her dramas ) Having thought about it , I think that perhaps the writer was trying to do too much in the 1st two eps , but I think the drama just needs to “settle down “ & I foresee ( or rather hope ) that happening once they live together in the forest . 

42 minutes ago, beyaruth said:

nonski Am I the only one who feels like wanting to pull up his towel? I feel like it's too low that it might fall down anytime soon. :sweatingbullets:

Why ? Shhhh don’t let KBS hear  that . It’s fine :P

@nonski it’s been a while since he’s showed off his abs ! I remember he wasn’t keen to show anything when filming ManXMan. :lol:

—————-

@40somethingahjumma I agree with you & do think the land deal is of paramount importance to the story.  From what I understand , the rival company ( Taesung group ) was willing to pay way above market price for the land . Either they hv inside information to government plans of building infrastructure & develop the area , or something as sinister as what we saw in The Lies Within. I am leaning towards the latter because Kang’s pain seem to be due to something tragic that happened there in his childhood. . Also at the beginning of eps 1 , he was rescuing her from a burning forest.  I don’t think it was a dream @nrllee . What we’re seeing now will bring us to that point again 

I liked both episodes , especially the second one. 

The stories are interesting and well-connected.

SH takes his job seriously and has checked everything thoroughly

before making a report.

I liked that he was just a director. 

This new clinic is YJs second chance, though it wont be easy here either.

The medical staff here are distrustful.

I like it when SH and YJ are serious, though these scenes are rare. :)

Like when SH asked YJ to show him what he was doing with that coffee.

Or when she asked him about that old tales.

I am rewatching some of the finer points that I skimmed (fast forwarded) first time.  ML is Kang HanSeok...FL is Jeong YeongJae.

1. FL’s father is a rescue worker.  With plenty of commendations.  When she enters his house, his harness, rescue outfit and medals are all panned through by the camera.  Maybe he was the one who pulled her out of the water after the accident.  He obviously dotes on her.  She doesn’t want to visit him because the house reminds her about her mom.  In her confession to him over dinner, she said, “mom died because of me.  She wanted to support her kids and worked as a caregiver and maid despite having cancer surgery.  She died from overworking herself.”  

2. ML visited a burial site.  He brought his cup of coffee, took the lid off (like he did when he was spaced out in the hospital) and left it on the memorial.  He called her SooHae Ssi?  He said something cryptic...that he won’t be curious anymore because she never mentioned it to him before...so it can’t be that important (could this be the traumatic memory that gives him the burning sensation?).  I get the feeling she raised him.  He doesn’t remember anything before he was 10 (synopsis said that).  She probably knew about his past but never told him about it.  She took it with her to the grave.  

3. The opening sequence where KHS rescues JYJ from the forest fire.  He says in the end as he watches the fire rage around him, “What did I do?  What did I do to the neighborhood?”  Is he feeling guilty that the forest is gone because he brought the businesses in to commercialize it?  They burnt the forest?  Like Big Yellow Taxi?  They paved paradise and put up a parking lot?  Don’t it always seem to go, that you don’t know what you got till it’s gone?

EDIT - actually based on the research I have done on Park HaeJin, he seems to be a bit of an environmentalist/greenie?  He donates to plant trees both in Korea and in China?  So the planet/environment is something that resonates with him.  So chances are this drama has that thread running through it which may have been why he picked it.  We’ll see as the story plays out. 

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

actually based on the research I have done on Park HaeJin, he seems to be a bit of an environmentalist/greenie?  He donates to plant trees both in Korea and in China?  So the planet/environment is something that resonates with him.  So chances are this drama has that thread running through it which may have been why he picked it.  We’ll see as the story plays out. 

It could be one of the reasons but I think the primary one is he is currently helping the Korea Fire Agency in promoting the fire safety and the plight of the firefighters.  He had donated his services as he modeled for their 2019, the proceeds of which goes to the fund for firefighters who had suffered injuries and help for their families to those who had died in service.

@nrllee @triplem the second ML does not really resonate with me yet.  I was also amazed when I saw him driving the flashy yellow sports car.  I'm giving some more episodes to at least connect with him.

3 hours ago, beyaruth said:

@nonski Am I the only one who feels like wanting to pull up his towel? I feel like it's too low that it might fall down anytime soon.

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

I am with you...it’s pretty precarious...what’s he doing swanning around half naked?  I get that being out in the forest could render one to be more attune with primal instincts and clothes may be a “hindrance” to “finding your true self” (you know?  Stripping down to bare essentials and baring your soul and all)...but really?  I guess chaebols are a different kind of beast altogether.  Look at him surveying his bared torso in front of the mirror :lol: ... And then finding himself a nice bottle of red and lying on a deck chair (still half naked) sipping the aforementioned wine...and maybe mulling over which billion dollar deal he next venture into.

3 hours ago, triplem said:

Why ? Shhhh don’t let KBS hear  that . It’s fine

@triplem @beyaruth @nrllee my thoughts are actually like this - "Why the heck did he wear the towel for a skirt?" :joy:

yes, it's triplem chingu I was quite amazed and surprised seeing him bare his torso.  He never did that. But we're not complaining, really.  hahaha!

It's week 2 dear Foresters!

@jeonghyang @stroppyse @larus @triplem @40somethingahjumma@irilight @hibiscus23 @andie4u @jongski  @Plummpychan @hulya.23_d801 @ktcjdrama @Lawyerh @0ly40 @thanie @Ameera Ali @rocher22 @lu09 @africandramalover @sadthe1st @RobinM @Mau_Cherry @moodypie @Sarang21 @bebebisous33 @alekaonu @Kasmic @evie7 @roziecaparas  @katakwasabi @imgreatgal @lu09

I will try if I can liveblog today, I'm still at work and have a deadline to beat.  It will air in a few.

KSH in training, checking on his harness before he rapel down.  At first try he dangled and 2nd ML seems to mock him.  He had to go back and forth.  At last he was going down smoothly when he dangled midway, the rope was tied on some post and when he looked up everyone left already.  He was left hanging there.

Back at the headquarters, KSH tried to confront their team leader, he was left hanging in mid-air.  KSH got scolded instead.  As he went inside the locker room, he took a seat and sighed, took off his gloves and looked at the resulting wound from clutching too tightly and for a long on the rope.  2nd ML arrived, sorry I really find him cocky, said something to KSH that irks him.  I think KSH is looking on his style then saw his sneakers to realize it's the same as his.  Both men was aghast over this. lols, men!  2nd ML took off.  He was on his flashy yellow (isn't it redundant, the flash and the yellow, lols) sports car, when he passed by YJ, next scene they are eating together, chatting.

KSh with sec standing beside the forest map.  KSH said something to him, taps his should, mentions about TS group and left.  He drove his car, someone is also in another car watching him.

He arrives home, lays on his bed, recalls what JYJ said to him, mutters.  His phone rings and he scrambles to get up, i think he thought it's YJ, instead, it's rescue TL.  He rushed to HQ but found no one there then his team started arriving.  He gets told off by team leader again.

HS tried to find accommodation close by so he can respond to emergency calls quicker.  The real estate agent shows him lots of places but none suit his fancy.  YJ refurbishes the rural hospital by adding seating in the reception area and a TV. The other doctor there doesn’t like it because he would have patients for a change :lol:.  The nurse seems to approve.  HS finds a place that is suitable and turns out he’s renting next door to YJ :lol:.  Unbeknownst to YJ, he’s moved in and he walks out and lounges in his towel on the deck chair outside sipping his wine (they share a courtyard)...YJ comes home, strips down and starts to dance outside on the deck...they discover each other, scream from embarrassment and reappear in bathrobes later and start to bicker...I think they are establishing house rules...

EDIT- I am in Korea so I am watching live. :lol:

YJ rode her bike going home.  Elders saw her and said one of them comment on her.

Upon entering the house, she started taking off his hospital gown, etc etc. she keeps throwing lols.

Now the nekkid upper body scene.  KSH get a bottle of wine, laid down on a recliner ( I wonder whose it was @thanie or @triplem ).  Both are getting ready to play their music, JY dancing while KSH waving his hands like a conductor while listening to opera music ( i hope i got it right, it's lagging), when JY saw the half nekid KSH laying al fresco and shouted, well both shouted hahaha and run.  they confront each other and both got exasperated.  

2 minutes ago, nrllee said:

I am in Korea so I am watching live

yay! I can rest my fingers for a few.

1 minute ago, ktcjdrama said:

My complain is not that it is too low, but that it is too long, like a sarong...

exactly my thoughts!

2nd female lead is some fascist forest ranger/police.  Some weird interchange with her confronting 2 climbers?  Who don’t have a permit or something?  Anyway she boots them out of the forest.  She is watched on my 2nd male lead.  2nd male lead has some HyungNim whom he is close to?  Not sure what their banter is about. 2nd female lead finds some dirt about aforesaid HyungNim.

Both HS and YJ can’t sleep.  HS hears an owl hoot and goes out to explore.  He stands out in the night taking in the night sounds and beauty.  YJ looks pensive indoors.

Scene cut. Some dialogue happening between HS and boss back in the Office.

Scene cut. YJ attending some opening/talk by someone?  She’s trying to meet someone but keeps getting interrupted?  She notices she is missing a button, finds it on the floor and bumps into ex bf.  Awkward explanations in a stairwell away from prying eyes.  He’s trying to explain but she’s not buying it.  She leaves crying.  Walks back into the conference?  Ex walks in and his new squeeze is beside him.  In appears HS...he notices her distress, hugs her and introduces her as his special friend??  :lol: Totally upstages ex bf.  She tries to get away but he insists on making her look good before the crowd.  I think she tells him she doesn’t need his help?  Not sure.

Scene cut.  Turns out HS overheard everything in the stairwell between YJ and her ex which is why he did what he did before to help her regain her dignity.

Back in forest lodging.  Neither can sleep.  She confronts him.  He says something and she cries.  Not sure what he said to upset her.  They have a heated exchange as he tries to explain himself?  She walks out sobbing.

New day dawns...birds sing. Flowers bloom.  YJ walks out to the quiet of the forest.  She breathes in the clean air, misty forest vibes.  She smiles as she walks toward a lake.  HS is standing near the lake.  They exchange words.  Cordial ones.  They make peace and ep ends with them exchanging meaningful looks at each other.

Archived