[Drama 2020] Forest, 포레스트

larus

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@nonski thx for all the hard work, am watching ep 5 now and i'm lost LOLs

Hide contents

i see him training as firefighter but what happened to his businessman career? is this just his kinda sideline if you will? or did he really quit being a businessman? i'm just starting ep 5 and i can't help but wondered :)

He's there as a spy with a hidden agenda :ph34r: And He will eventually realize the importance of the forest and dedicate his life to being a rescue worker that he would leave the business world... but it's just my prediction. :sweatingbullets:

@ktcjdrama what does ML#2 say to his HyungNim/dad?  When we first see them together?  His dad seems to be asking him about money?  There’s something shady happening there.  I think his dad monopolises the Forestry somehow (he’s on so many committees as head/chair) and wants to make sure FL2 (who just joined the Forest Police) is on side?   Can you PM me the link you use to watch with Chinese subs?   Thanks.

4 hours ago, beyaruth said:

He's there as a spy with a hidden agenda :ph34r: And He will eventually realize the importance of the forest and dedicate his life to being a rescue worker that he would leave the business world... but it's just my prediction. :sweatingbullets:

@beyaruthahhh oh thanks for shedding some light :)after mid way of ep 5 i just realized also LOL that he was sorta trying to learn the tricks of the forest if you will! i think i was rushing to watch & wondered what was gg on :rolleyes:!!

1 hour ago, thanie said:

You sure it's available in Viu? I've been looking for links for this drama :bawling:. Previous links seem to have a problem

Not all . It is available in Viu Hong Kong if I’m not mistaken. But not all Asian countries. Not available in Malaysia where I’m from. 

On 2/7/2020 at 4:41 AM, nrllee said:

YJ (sobbing) - It’s my fault.  They died because of me.  It’s my fault.

HS (holds her and whispers) - No matter what, they didn’t die because of you.  You save people.  You...save them.

Then he helps her up, scoops her into his arms and carries her off...

YJ: (I was so afraid that) because of me.. because of me.. they would die.. they would die..

[talking about the operation that she just did, which was successful.]

SH: nobody dies because of you. You save people. You save them.

YJ was worried about the operation she did. I guess because she didn't eat medicine? It seems she always worries that she will mess it up, and that's why she used to always eat panic disorder medicine before the operation. 

3 hours ago, triplem said:

Not all . It is available in Viu Hong Kong if I’m not mistaken. But not all Asian countries. Not available in Malaysia where I’m from. 

@triplem, i just downloaded Rakuten Viki App. Forest is there, 99% -  100% subbed. Yay! The downside is, I can't DL it offline. Our internet connection here sucks, so I need to DL it offline. Is there a way to DL it, so I can watch it offline in the comfort of my bed, without the annoying interruption? I'm so laaaaaate for this drama :bawling:

1 hour ago, KDrM said:

YJ was worried about the operation she did. I guess because she didn't eat medicine? It seems she always worrys that she will mess it up, and that's why she used to always eat panic disorder medication before the operation. 

Probably?  Your translation sounds more likely.  She does suffer from a panic disorder so having meds would certainly calm her down and make her less likely to spiral out of control.  She probably has survivor guilt.  She survived while her brother (?) and father didn’t?  So every time a patient potentially gets into that danger zone, she panics and thinks she will “kill” them as a result of her incompetence.

Watch: Park Hae Jin And Jo Bo Ah Are All Smiles During Their First Filming For “Forest”

Feb 8, 2020
by L. Kim

91964e2e0a8540279db21e060c7e6b89.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Forest” has shared a new behind-the-scenes look!

“Forest” tells the story of a man who has everything but a heart and a woman who has lost everything but her heart as they meet in a mystical forest and attempt to uncover the secrets within it.

The making-of video starts with the director laughing loudly at Park Hae Jin’s odd fashion. He has a dress shoe on his left foot and a slipper on his right foot. He’s wearing a hospital gown, but he has a blazer on, too. Despite the weird match-up, he confidently acts out his part of enjoying coffee in the hospital lobby. When the director calls cut, the staff members break into an applause at Park Hae Jin’s acting, and he makes an uncomfortable expression, feeling shy at the sudden attention.

In the next scene, Park Hae Jin and Jo Bo Ah prepare to film the scene where he blocks her path. The two actors playfully sway side-to-side as if they’re dancing. They also practice their lines together, and she can’t help but burst into laughter at his love for a pink mini-fan.

Later on, Park Hae Jin can be seen at the gym for his next scene. He comments, “The most boring scenes are at the gym. What am I even doing?” Yet, he gets into character and works out passionately, making the captions wonder if he really thinks gym scenes are boring.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1381912wpp/watch-park-hae-jin-and-jo-bo-ah-are-all-smiles-during-their-first-filming-for-forest

Spoiler

6a1edae536c30ade5fb3b083486b5f6fe152d802

e19fefd3675c6ab2f742cd04d495e5ce2334d9f8

3e342096fdfd0198a0b15304ec33ab7deb1ef728

Me saying while watching this: "Oh, Kang San Hyuk if you only knew how sexy she is you might regret that you said that." ;)

Spoiler

tumblr_pwh0xvQZFx1x8elh1o1_400.gif

ad5458b2a221ecb2a3826b2f79fc53e3be68e592

2d222d7ea56189d96169ede6f6d5b490c8e8f49d

6f4096347b70909b1e6d8ecd9d6f4e81ba2d935b

Me saying while watching this: "Oh, I hear a lot of objections here, there and everywhere. (For it was a delightful sight for PHJ's fans)"  :D

gifsets from: fliparm.tumblr.com

and beyacuteful.tumblr.com

After watching that 20. min video I still wasn´t able to understand korean. So I had to wait like everyone else for sub -_-

- I really like the ML and FL together. They are so hilarious and cute

- I really like how the ML ist teaching the FL to not look down on herself and teaching her to love herself. 

- The other FL that likes to give out penalty, I understand that she want to do her job properly. But I think she is doing too much and needs to clam down a bit. 

-  I was so pissed at the bystander who instead of helping her, started to record her. I was so happy when the ML took their phones and dropped it into the water. Serve them right -_-. Unfortunately I know that it´s a reflection of today´s society. Filming tragedies to get clout on social media. 

- I can´t believe that the FL hasn´t fallen in love with him yet, the food alone would have been enough for me :joy:

6 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

I can´t believe that the FL hasn´t fallen in love with him yet, the food alone would have been enough for me 

I know, right? Those delicious food with delivery service, especially the dessert! He even makes sure her senior won't agonize her. 

Even in home, I was surprised that he just gave up his whole steak to her. I thought he was going to share it. 

I am rewatching with full subs now.  Actually did the rescue worker she operated on survive?  YJ hits an artery, there’s arterial spatter and anesthetist barks, “BP is dropping”.  YJ clamps off the artery and bleeding seems to be stemmed.  But then the subs have the nurse in the OR saying, “Doctor, it seems the patient won’t make it.”?   The next scene has her stumbling out of the lift.  Preview seems to imply that she ran off?  Voice over says, “I ran away cowardly.  A doctor abandoned her patient”.

I'd agree that the drama showed improvement this past week and I hope it's a sign of things to come. I can't say I'm entirely sold on it but there are things to like about it. The leads, as everyone says, are on point. They interact well in all their scenes together. As Chocolate and others has shown, having experienced actors at the helm makes a whole world of difference in generating chemistry. I'm not really a fan of all the rom com slapstick moments but when they talk seriously, that's where the magic begins to happen for me.

My biggest problem remains that the show still lacks cohesion... It continues to give me the impression that there are at least 2 dramas somewhere in there battling it out for supremacy ;) ... even though I am definitely getting a better handle on what the big themes are. In short, I like what it's trying to do better than how it's getting there.

The part that I particularly like about the drama is its attempt to explore the role of outsiders intruding into a closed, tightly-knit rural community that have their unspoken rules, that have their own ways of doing things, that are cut off from the urban centre and neglected. Hostility towards outsiders come more from suspicion rather than prejudice... although that may feature. From what I've seen so far, the show has the potential to explore that in a deeper and far more nuanced way than what Camellia did. I loved Camellia and thought it was one of the best things from last year but it was a largely a sympathetic look at the position of the outsider.

Here we have in effect 3 individuals who are entering into new territory. They come not only with their personal baggage but with a whole set of assumptions about how business is done. Kang San Hyeok with an arrogant streak and unbounded confidence thinks that it's a case of "I came, I saw and I conquered". Everything for him is "a piece of cake". There is nothing, he believes, that he can't do if he sets his mind to it. Perhaps that's the case. He passed the exam with flying colours after all. But there is something different about being in the rescue team that he is not accustomed to and that is being a team player. His cultivated or innate competitiveness that has put him in good stead in the cut-throat world of high finance doesn't sit comfortably in such a group oriented environment. In the rescue team there are no "stars", because it is a matter of life and death and there's no room for egos and oneupmanship. 

For Young Jae, she's up against an apparently insurmountable brick wall. She wants to practice principled medicine in a place where nobody gives a hoot whether there's a fully functioning medical facility in the neighbourhood. Her colleagues don't care. The resident don't care. Why would they when they can just catch a shuttle to the nearest hospital in the big smoke. It feels like she's Sisyphus pushing a rock uphill endlessly with no light at the end of the tunnel.

I don't know why Dr Park puts on the pretence of arriving at work. I suppose for him it's just showing up and picking up the paycheck. Maybe he cared once. Maybe it just got too much for him to constantly have to fight the system to no end.

Then there's Oh Bo Mi who is trying to play cop with a kind of religious zealotry borders on the ridiculous. She's rocking the boat but not necessarily in ways that are helpful. Obviously she has something she wants to prove and is becoming more of a serial nuisance than a help because she apparently knows best how things should be done. Her legalism is laughable because it isn't about public safety but about her.

In all cases the outsider would do well to find out more about the context in which they're operating. It's not to say that YJ isn't right in wanting to change thinking about the medical practice in that situation. To me this is one of the biggest problems with people who want to change things or "save the world", they're not willing to build relationships and do things from the ground up. They think they know best, bulldoze their way into the existing culture. Of course SH isn't interested in any of that. The fact that he is doing everything surreptitiously... you know... that can't go well. It is humorous on some level to see the outsiders "kicking against the goads" but there's a serious lesson to be learnt there as well.

The other really interesting part is that the leads are on a parallel journey. On a fundamental level, they are self-made individuals who aren't afraid of proving themselves. But now they've been parachuted into an environment that's not really interested in whatever personal agenda or crisis that they have. The status quo is their new battleground and there's apparently no place for them. So how will they proceed?

I'm not sure I entirely understand SH's motives in getting closer to YJ. For a guy who doesn't do anything unless it benefits him, it baffles me a little as to what he's getting out of it. On some level it feels like pity but then there are times when I think he actually really does like her. My guess is that he likes that she's determined to be her own person, map out her own track, not try to conform to the demands of the larger cultural context of how her life should be. It's what I like about her too actually.

"The woman who took my man. No matter how much I try, I can never get ahead of that woman."

"Maybe she didn't take your man away but she took trash away from you."

That was one of the more insightful things, I thought, that came out of SH's lips in recent days. Half the time, he exudes a certain braggadocio that comes across as being obnoxious but there's no doubting that he's diagnosed her problem accurately. (Which might also be confirmation that he actually understands and likes her)

The beauty in what he says is that things go bad in life not because she lacks anything or that there's anything wrong with her but that life is hard. Sometimes people around us make bad choices because that's what people do. It might not have anything to do with us. (Like kids in the middle of a bad divorce) It's not our fault. She saw herself as a victim but he frames her as a survivor of a lucky escape from a fate worse than death. While the ex may have loved on some level her but she didn't and doesn't need a wishy washy lifetime partner. She deserves better (although I don't know if that means him (SH)... LOL)

For YJ, I think SH is weirdly a godsend. ;) Not the best all-round package admittedly... :P but it is pleasantly surprising that he articulates that she's capable of much better things and isn't shy about saying so. So a brownie point from me there. I'm tired of male leads that denigrate the FL because he thinks she needs to "toughen up". YJ doesn't need toughening up. She just needs a rest and shoulder to cry on.

1 hour ago, KDrM said:

I know, right? Those delicious food with delivery service, especially the dessert! He even makes sure her senior won't agonize her. 

Even in home, I was surprised that he just gave up his whole steak to her. I thought he was going to share it. 

Same thought I have! 

I love to see how she enjoys the food. Almost thought I am watching Let’s Eat 4 :lol: Still imagining the taste of that chicken dish she had with 2ML :P 

Archived