[Drama 2020] Forest, 포레스트

larus

Okay going to try to recap tonight’s ep. 7/8

scene opens at lake.  They talk. He seems to say something to make her think and then walks off.

back at rural hospital. YJ receives call from her doctor friend in Seoul who gives her his heartiest congratulations?  Obviously news has spread?  Not sure if it’s about the marriage or that she’s impressed the hospital director and put Miryeong hospital on the map?

back at rescue HQ. HS makes coffee for everyone and seems to impress everyone there...except team head.  They head out for training in the forest.  HS seems to upstage ML#2 with his knowledge.  

back at hospital. Nurse is trying to start the pot belly stove (wood heating) and seems to struggle. YJ cycles to the village folk and introduces herself to them.  They don’t seem happy to see her.  I think she wants to give them free examinations but the villagers turn her away.  In her rounds she sees an old man who seems out of breath.  She is concerned but he pushes her away.  She returns to the hospital defeated. Dr Park (?) laughs at her.

HS appears with a ginormous teddy bear to cheer her up.  He bears more gifts (of food) for everyone.  He acts all aegyo and YJ starts to retch... :lol: He sends her a love shot.  He departs.  YJ is left in the office with loads of food and she enjoys it all.

back at rescue Centre.  They are in the gym working out.  HS and ML#2 try to better each other as they up the weights as competition.  ML#2 heads out to meet his dad (?).  Dad hands him some notices?  He looks mad.  Turns out FL#2 sent the dad some warnings?  Her boss doesn’t seem happy.  ML#2 comes to try to sort it out for his dad.  FL#2 doesn’t budge.

EDIT - looks like @nonski beat me to it

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2nd ML and 2nd FL met.  She remembers him as the one she met when she caught two climbers.

SH at the forest now with his sec and another guy, seems they're surveying while some is also watching at them.  The spy went back to this car, called his bosses and drove away.  2nd FL is driving towards athe area as well.

HS is back at the forest in an area which is restricted with his men.  He is followed and observed by the competition who reports back to big boss. FL#2 notices that there are cars leaving the restricted area.

YJ is at home eating cereal and doing paperwork. She hears HS return and setting up something.  He’s plugged a whole heap of appliances and overloads the house.  There’s a blackout.  YJ and HS run outside wondering what happened.  Both then get on the bikes in the courtyard and cycle...to generate electricity?  :lol:   Not sure.  They bicker as they ride the bikes.  The power comes back on.  YJ looks over to his side of the house and notices all the appliances he’s using all at once.  The power goes out again :lol:.  They keep cycling.  She catches a whiff of the steak he’s popped into the microwave and seems to ask if they can share?

end of Ep7

YJ doing some reading, research while eating.  

SH watching a video about how to properly knot the rope.  Lights out.  He laid on his (massage chair) when it blacked out.  He went out to check, same as YJ.

They both on pedalling the stationary bike now, YJ working so hard while SH is laxing. Wonder if ti's for the electricity. Cute SH again. Seems this episode is more cuteness from him.  THe lights went on again and YJ saw his enormous massage chair and her eyes are about to pop out. lols.  Power out again then they continue to pedal.

end episode 7

@nrllee the more doing this the better chingu :) 

SH watches as YJ eats.  Seems she said something to have him a bit of an angry retort. 

YJ stands up and saw the rope then knotted it and showed to SH which surprised him.  She told him her father is a rescuer as she was doing the knot.

YJ arrives at the "town" and saw the elders sitting, lined up.  She stopped but as she went to check on them the bus arrives and they started boarding.  She tried to stop them asking where they are going.

She went back to the clinic and ranted at the other doctor. (What the heck is wrong with this male doctor?!)

Park Hae Jin Is Ready To Claim Jo Bo Ah’s Heart With An Affectionate Surprise In “Forest”

Feb 6, 2020
by S. Nam
ad1457b783df44278743f88e99fc043e.jpeg?s=

KBS 2TV’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Forest” released new stills of Park Hae Jin and Jo Bo Ah!

“Forest” tells the story of a man who has everything but a heart and a woman who has lost everything but her heart as they meet in a mystical forest and attempt to uncover the secrets within it.

Park Hae Jin plays Kang San Hyuk, a man who is willing to do anything to achieve his goal of amassing a personal fortune of one trillion won (approximately $850 million) and is interested in nothing else. Jo Bo Ah plays Jung Young Jae, a skilled surgeon who wants to teach a lesson to people who show off.

Spoiler

In the last broadcast, Kang San Hyuk and Jung Young Jae began to live under the same roof. At the Seoul Hospital chairman’s publication party, Kang San Hyuk shared the shocking statement that he was living with Jung Young Jae with plans for marriage in front of the chairman and Jung Young Jae’s ex-boyfriend Cha Jin Woo (Heo Ji Won). When Jung Young Jae asked, “Should we date? There’s nothing to do anyways,” Kang San Hyuk replied, “This time, you’ll have to take responsibility.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1381520wpp/park-hae-jin-is-ready-to-claim-jo-bo-ahs-heart-with-an-affectionate-surprise-in-forest

Training again... guys running carrying some stuff.  THe rushed up, SH and 2nd ML on the lead.  SH grabs the flag but 2nd ML grabbed it too.  TL told him off again, it's about the correct wearing of harness.  This one is seems to be always on SH's heels trying to catch him on anything.

YJ arrived at the training center, talking to some staff.  

Sh confronts 2nd ML.  

as they were walking, YJ is walking to go out with the center staff.

2nd ML is the first to greet her and staff asked if he know her and said of course.

SH glances and put down his hard hat, the started calling YJ in that cutesy name again, went to her, ruffled (crumpled) her hair again, all cutesy then kiss her forehead. Ok for now tbh dunno if i wanna barf or smile at this.

2nd FL rushes to the old man who was unconscious.  YJ arrived, they know each other (sisters?)

As they were driving back, 2nd FL saw a car just out of the forest then chased the car.  They were driving so fast YJ was so afraid.  The chased car skid and stopped.  The driver run off and the girls were chasing him. The stopped to a halt when the guy fall off the cliff.  The called 119.  As the distress call arrived at the center they readied off and went via helicopter.   They were dropped off and started going down to get the guy.  SH went there and caught the other rescuer when he felled, lagging so not sure maybe his rope got loosened or something.  Thankfully he was pulled up.  YJ was attending to him as they were airlifted.

YJ in the operating room.  She's starting not to feel well.  She is now out of the OR and and is having a panic attack.  She went on the floor and people are gathering around curious of her and her hysteria.  SH arrived, looked and consoled her told her something then carried her out 

-end-

preview

Ep8

YJ is eating HS’s steak.  Not sure what dinner conversation is about.  He tells her off for something.  She pauses to think, walks away from the table and notices the photos of him and the lady he was close to (grandma? Carer?).

YJ is back at the village to try to work her way into the hearts of the villagers again.  To no avail.  They still rebuff her.  She returns to the hospital to confront Dr Park who is still working on origami.  He tells her to just mind her own business.  She is undeterred and tells him off.  She asks the nurse for a list of Miryeong files?

Rescue team is training in the mountains, running with hoses.  HS and ML2 grab the final flag together.  Team leader picks on HS for not putting his harness on properly?  YJ appears at the rescue HQ and talks to someone in charge there.  Not sure why she’s there.  HS is jealous when he sees YJ greet ML#2 warmly.  He performs aegyo on YJ calling her “ChocoMi”??  :lol:.  YJ is totally grossed out as is everyone else.  She talks to ML2 - I think she tries to explain the situation to him?

FL2 shows up at ML2’s dad’s office?  Which looks like a timber mill?  It looks like she’s reproaching him for something?  I think she tells him his timber isn’t stacked within the correct perimeters of the mill?  He is not happy.  As she is driving back, she notices the old man who YJ noticed seem sick has fainted in front of his house.  YJ happens to be walking by and she tends to him.  FL2 and YJ reconnect again.  They never liked each other from way back?

FL2 drives YJ back but notices a suspect car and gives chase with sirens on.  The driver doesn’t stop and drives through the restricted area.  The driver tries to run for it and ends up slipping off over a cliff.  They dial the rescue Unit for help.

The unit is deployed. They take a helicopter ride to the site.  The 2 ladies signal where the man is.  The team is lowered down and head towards the ladies.  HS and another man abseil down.  The man (I think he’s the spy for the other organization) seems to recognize HS and he covers his face.  The man is rescued and airlifted into the chopper.  There is a problem as they try to climb back up.  His partner is injured in the process.  HS desperately grabs onto his partner’s hand to stop him from falling.  HS gets another flashback (memory trigger) to a scene where he is releasing someone’s hand?

They all head back via helicopter.  There are now 2 patients heading to hospital.  The man who fell and the rescue worker who has a slashed leg.  Then this next is unclear?  Is it a flashback?  YJ is seen in surgery and she hits an artery stitching the leg.  She stems the bleeding but is shaken.  She is then seen coming out of surgery, has a panic attack and then has a flashback of her drowning as a child.  She finds it hard to breath and collapses distressed in the waiting area?  People are filming her distress. HS appears and grabs everyone’s phone, tosses them into the fish tank and tells them to get lost?  He embraces her, whispers words of comfort to her and then carries her out of the melee?  :wub:

End of Ep8

I really really love their love hut :P is it too early to call it that? 

Last night’s episode got me salivating at the chicken dish/soup that the FL and 2ML were having. That looks really really good and delish...

And am I the only one enjoying the scenes with 2ML? He is one eye-candy too :D 

9 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I really really love their love hut :P is it too early to call it that? 

No.  I would totally call it that.  I really like the 2 of them together.  They just work?  In spite of the aegyo and weird stuff happening around them.  They hit it off for me.  There’s sparks.  I would watch the drama solely for the 2 of them.  PHJ is at his best when he delivers serious lines.  For some strange reason I love it when he hugs or comforts her.  There is real intent in those eyes of his.  No wonder he melts hearts.  Gah.  I have to add him now to my list of Oppas to watch :lol:

Behind the scenes of PHJ's released tonight on his Vlive Behind Story

They wowed when Gwang pulled that 80kg weight but in reality Haejin does that and more... just wow!

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

And am I the only one enjoying the scenes with 2ML? He is one eye-candy too

true, he is one eye candy but he and FL don't make sparks fly.

On the other hand even tho I was not so invested with last week's episodes, I am now on board with the premise as well as our OTP.  I don't really find it fast.  With the current set up they just click. I didn't even find chemistry at first but now they're getting there.  Maybe it's what they call the PHJ effect.

19 minutes ago, nonski said:

true, he is one eye candy but he and FL don't make sparks fly.

On the other hand even tho I was not so invested with last week's episodes, I am now on board with the premise as well as our OTP.  I don't really find it fast.  With the current set up they just click. I didn't even find chemistry at first but now they're getting there.  Maybe it's what they call the PHJ effect.

Agree that no sparks between FL and 2ML, so no worry of SLS haha... but I like the chemistry between the leads since beginning. 

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Agree that no sparks between FL and 2ML, so no worry of SLS haha... but I like the chemistry between the leads since beginning.

Me too! For me their acting and delivery of their lines connected well with each other's character (I haven't felt any awkwardness at all between the actors considering the fact that they haven't acted together before). And very big revelation for me is PHJ whom I'd never thought could go out of his box, acting cutesy.

Archived