[Drama 2020] Forest, 포레스트

larus

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fell in love with her character the moment she said this.  He was trying to convince her to just work on her image (buy her way back into the hearts of others around her) after it was damaged due to the incident with the man who tried to strangle his own child.  Her words struck home with him.  For him it was all about image in the business world.  How you present yourself, how you “look” on the outside to customers/clients.  His “worth” was tied up to how people perceived him.  For her, it’s deeper.  You can only keep up appearances for so long before people see past it to the real you.  It’s an illusion.  Authenticity is where it’s at.  When you are “real” and you know your truth worth, nobody can take it away from you.  She walked out of his car after this exchange and walked back into the life of Miryeong.  She can be herself in Miryeong.  She can’t back in Seoul.

Last night’s moment of tenderness  :wub:.  Not so much the tossing of phones in the fish tank and (I think) telling the people to “charge it to my account” with the business card drop...but THIS...the embrace and tender words of comfort whispered so only she could hear it.  The video missed the last bit in the end where he lifts her up and carries her out of there.  A bit dramatic for my taste but I’ll take it.  More gentle moments of connection like this please.  

38 minutes ago, hell59 said:

I am actually enjoying this drama, but what's up with the subs? Why is it taking so long for this drama to be subbed?

That’s my only gripe.  I think they rely on volunteers and it doesn’t look like many have signed on to sub.  :tears:  So I am watching either partly subbed or raw so far. 

On 2/4/2020 at 7:26 AM, Sarang21 said:

So far from what they have shown about the female lead, I guess her father tried to kill the family through a car accident. She somehow survived and got adopted by her current parents.

What do you guys think?

Ok haven't gotten there yet...but when I do...I will respond to your question

Ratings slightly down from Wed night.  All dramas suffered a ratings drop.  Apparently Mr Trot (the variety) is the big draw for audiences on Thursday night so I expect this to be the trend moving forward.  

https://www.soompi.com/article/1381664wpp/mister-trot-makes-cable-network-history-by-achieving-new-ratings-record

Ratings 200206:

#Forest : 5.2% | 5.3%
#TheGameTowardsZero : 3.2% | 3.8% 

#MoneyGame : 1.6%

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

Ratings slightly down from Wed night.  All dramas suffered a ratings drop.  Apparently Mr Trot (the variety) is the big draw for audiences on Thursday night so I expect this to be the trend moving forward.  

https://www.soompi.com/article/1381664wpp/mister-trot-makes-cable-network-history-by-achieving-new-ratings-record

Ratings 200206:

#Forest : 5.2% | 5.3%
#TheGameTowardsZero : 3.2% | 3.8% 

#MoneyGame : 1.6%

It's ironic that the 3 previous co-hosts of Baek Jong Won Alley Restaurant share the same time slot so their shows compete for the ratings. So bad Mr. Trot is too strong so Forest suffers its ratings on Thursday. 

Spoiler

tumblr_pnhgkfwCUC1ulcpgxo1_400.gifv

Okay I was dying to find out what he whispered to her to comfort her in the final scene when she had a panic attack.  So I went to look for subs.

YJ (sobbing) - It’s my fault.  They died because of me.  It’s my fault.

HS (holds her and whispers) - No matter what, they didn’t die because of you.  You save people.  You...save them.

Then he helps her up, scoops her into his arms and carries her off...

:wub: Aww....

New to this thread! Binge-watched first 8 episodes on Viu asia, so far I like the forest visuals, the story pace, and the details about the 119 emergency team. The characters seem well written. The mysterious past of the leads gives a Kill Me Heal Me vibe for me.

But I do notice 1 or 2 plot holes; not sure they have been discussed but I hope there will not be more coming.

- EP2, The part when YJ saved the kid from that suicidal father: It bugs me when the police already knew the patient/ suspect have suicidal tendency and dragged his son into the mud.... why there is no police or hospital security guarding them....and have to force put YJ in that highly unlikely situation....

- EP8, The part when HS and his teammates tried to save the developer staff on rocks: HS haven't been trained for rock-climbing rescue yet, according to EP7. Why would he be assigned to climb the slope instead of the ones above tugging the ropes???

@000231846597 I can’t say I watched those bits closely enough for it to bother me.  I didn’t catch on that the police knew the father had suicidal tendencies?  I thought they (father and son) both came in as a result of a car accident?  That was my impression.  I may have missed the bit about the police having foreknowledge. Did the father have a history of past attempts?  If so then yes, it was an oversight on the part of the police but I guess these things can fall through the cracks.  As far as the ambulance/paramedics were concerned, it was a straightforward car accident.  Maybe the police only knew of it after investigating the accident?  Certainly nobody in the hospital knew he intended to commit suicide and take his child with him.  They all thought he was distraught from causing his child harm from the accident.  It was only when he tried to strangle him that the hospital staff clued in that he was mentally unstable.

As for why HS was assigned to abseil down...yeah probably oversight on PD/writer’s part.  But essential to have him get another memory flashback as a plot device. I put it down to KDrama logic.  :lol:.  

Rewatching certain scenes (and bits that have finally gotten subbed)

1. KHS had been in the forest before as a child.  The red balloon...that happened in the restricted area in the Forest?  He mumbled that as he rewatched the clip from his camera back in his apartment and he recalled the red balloon in his flashback.

2. The first night he slept in the new forest lodgings.  He recognized the bird calls.  From that forest.  Someone must’ve taught that to him as they walked through the forest?  It takes regular and repetitive learning to recognize birdsong.  It’s not a one off thing.  He subconsciously knew the type of bird from their birdsong.  That was a revelation to him.  He acted surprised that he could pick them out.  He’s been in that forest before as a child - probably multiple times and on a regular basis.

17 minutes ago, calledtoteach said:

I really want to enjoy this drama, but subs are sporadic throughout.  HELP!!!!

I know...I can’t seem to find full subs anywhere for this week’s episodes.  Very frustrating. :mellow:

@nonski thx for all the hard work, am watching ep 5 now and i'm lost LOLs

Spoiler

i see him training as firefighter but what happened to his businessman career? is this just his kinda sideline if you will? or did he really quit being a businessman? i'm just starting ep 5 and i can't help but wondered :)

Archived