[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

Song Joong Ki And His On-Screen Birth Mother Have A Tearful Talk In “Vincenzo”

Apr 11, 2021
by U. Kim

The next episode of “Vincenzo” will depict Vincenzo having an emotional moment with his birth mother.

“Vincenzo” stars Song Joong Ki as Vincenzo Cassano, an Italian lawyer and Mafia consigliere who is of Korean descent, but was adopted by an Italian family at a young age. When he moves back to Korea due to a conflict within his organization, he winds up crossing paths with sharp-tongued lawyer Hong Cha Young (Jeon Yeo Bin). Together, they join forces in using villainous methods to take down villains who cannot be punished by the court of law.

Spoilers

Previously, the anti-heroes put on a play to defeat Babel Group and Daechang Daily. Vincenzo transformed into the shaman Yeo Rim (also the name of Song Joong Ki’s character in the 2010 drama “Sungkyunkwan Scandal“) to manipulate Oh Jung Bae (Jun Jin Gi), the president of Daechang Daily who is into superstitions. Babel Group’s Jang Joon Woo (2PM’s Taecyeon), who was planning to partner with the media and play tricks on stock prices, was stopped in his tracks by Vincenzo’s scheme. Jang Joon Woo faced a greater crisis when it was revealed that he had killed his classmates in the past. However, the tables were turned once more when Vincenzo was wrongly accused for murdering president Oh Jung Bae.

New stills reveal Vincenzo and his birth mother Oh Kyung Ja (Yoon Bok In) spending time together. Vincenzo pushes his mother’s wheelchair into a quiet opening in a forest. Vincenzo looks at his mother with sorrow in his eyes, and his mother also shows tears of regret. Overcome with emotion, Vincenzo looks down at the ground. It remains to be seen if Vincenzo, who has not yet told Oh Kyung Ja that he is her real son, will muster up the courage to tell her the truth.

song-joong-ki-yoon-bok-in-2.jpeg

Episode 16 will also show the villains jumping in to get rid of Vincenzo. Vincenzo, who has gotten himself intertwined with President Oh’s death, acts quickly with the Geumga Plaza family to find the real culprit.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1463557wpp/song-joong-ki-and-his-on-screen-birth-mother-have-a-tearful-talk-in-vincenzo

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, bee_wannabe said:

I just love JYB so much. Her anger towards prosecutor Jo, her facial expression when she reads the letter and when she talks about the regrets towards her father. Her eyes. Indeed her eyes convey lots of emotions. 

I enjoy episode 16 despite the lack of progress/continuation in the romance part. Instead i enjoy this more due to the emotional scenes like the one when CY's angry, conversation about his mom in the cafe, and the visit to his mom. It's nice to see some kind of necessary and well executed angst. 

Once again i'm left in awe by the writer. His mind. I admire his way in leaving the societal issues in a seemingly light/fun package. It's double edged sword actually because people may not see his intentions due to the other elements like comedy and romance, but once delivered well in the right time when people can sympathize with it, it can raise more awareness from broad viewers.

I find myself tearing up at the conversation between the tenants. Something along this line We've become interested in the things surround us, instead of just being busy living our own life, hence it angers us even when it's not directly related to us. It's just so close to home for me. Maybe because i'm getting old but these words resonate a lot in me. It's easy to ignore the corrupt society when it's already hard enough to make the ends meet. Especially when you see that all efforts will just go in vain because what you'll face in trying to challenge the giants is just another endless suffering.

I agree with @Raynaa that the underlying theme of this drama is people vs the system. All that these talented yet powerless people need is a strong brave intelligent figure to lead and give them the strength and courage that they, despite being armed with only rock and head butting (CY's reference here), can bring down the system. I'm getting more and more interested in how the writer will wrap all this and give us the ending to this war in the promised refreshing way. 

Now at the romance part. The kiss in spite of its intensity is still part of an act. None of them has the courage or time to engage themselves in that conversation when things just get messier for them. This whole she likes me-she likes me not will end once one of the two confesses. And the confession will likely happen in either (1) dangerous situation when they feel they may lose each other forever or (2) near the ending when all of this fight has come to an end and they finally get the brief time to breathe. 

Excellent post! Agree with everything you said so eloquently. 

15 hours ago, Le_Amarant said:

How does the timeline of shooting for this show work? I don't get it. Episode 16 was filmed a whole month ago, judging from the pre-release clip. How are they going to finish filming Ep 17-20 at this rate? They're going to need more than 2 weeks, even if the cast and crew don't eat and sleep and just film 24/7 (which I hope they aren't).

I actually think from the recent leaked BTS filming pictures that they are at least filming episode 18.

13 hours ago, kozukomi said:

Judging from han seok's cruel past, I think his end can'be just ended up in prison. It's too easy for insane human like him (esp. Not in a country where corruption is prominent). I might say, he fits to be burried somewhere by VC. At least, 1 monster is died, peace can be granted.

Meanwhile, facts about hanseo who feels terrified with his brother and is (or was) into drugs are kinda solidifying my own opinion that han seo indeed intentionally shot han seok by being missed on the critical spot. That particular scene gives me understanding that killing someone is not his method/preference, han seo has softer and sane capacity as a mankind.

Agreed. The drama is making an effort to differentiate between them and humanise Han Seo.

13 hours ago, suzy0604 said:

I'm glad at least he got the chance to have a date with his mom, and have the heart to heart conversation, hopefully they wouldn't have any regrets.

Carrying her new bag from her son:tears:

Is everyone ready for today's V-Day before the break? :criesariver:

• Like 5

Ok...im bit slow in watching the episodes... but on ep15, its funny that the newspaper guy didnt know who Vincenzo and Cha Yong were, that he didnt recognised them  being Babel's enemy... 

I was shocked at the end of ep15, i was hoping that the body that was dropped wasnt Mr cho's! And thank god, it wasnt... 

Cant wait for the next episode, (with better hair for Vincenzo) though it will be another 2 weeks before we see ep 17 and 18.. sigh

• Like 2

I cant take it is JW crazy stupid  or what 

Okay under spoiler  since it had major spoiler  of ep 16

Spoiler

If he have enemy  that he never can make him afraid  or kill him and he finally  found a weakness  to him isnt any smart evil man would try to kidnap  her and threaten  him to give him the gold and the fule in return  of her life

But he go and kill his mother, what he gain from that really ??  You can be evil , crazy but at least be smart you know that killing her will only make vincenzo  come after you more what the benefit  of doing that beside hearing you crazy  who of wasted  to make him lose someone  or feel pain 

I am said she was killed like that, I am sad that vincenzo  didn't  have the chance  to really tell her his feeling  and I am angry  from JW for killing her but I am more angry from him being a stupid  he really cant control his craziness  and eager to kill 

Edit 

Spoiler

The ending was epic that the real  face of vincenzo   they see it 

I dont think he going to kill jw yet since yeh his mafia  ways said paying  should be as much pain is caused and death only mercy to your enemy  

He going to make him die thousand  death before actually  killing him taking everything  and everyone he love and making him beg for death 

He go there to make him understand  what he can be able  to do and what he Choice  is worst then that 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 2
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 1

today’s episode was, simply put, infuriatingly epic. I’m incredibly sad because of certain things, but ironically enough, I think I’ll be able to survive the two-week wait just because I need time to process everything that happened leading up to the ending of today’s episode.

Edited by hankukin
  • Like 6

24 minutes ago, nona88 said:

Wait a moment  did I miss something  why people  saying there no episodes next week what happened??? I was busy to read news this week 

The production team announced that they will be taking a 1-week break to improve the last remaining episodes. So Episode 17-18 will not air next week.

• Like 2

Now things are going to esculate big time, if he took her out then vincenzo isnt able to leave an empty threat back, he will have to match it.  My guess here is

Spoiler

the brother will be taken out, regardless if he has spoken to vincenzo before or not, eye for eye, family for family.  The other two dont have any relevance or importance to this guy.  Even thou he may not like his brother much, he would be pretty peaved if he was taken out......

• Like 2

Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

Go get em, Vinnie... get em good!

I swear if he didnt kill JW again, I'mma just threw my remote next week.

@nona88 yes, that was stupid, well, he is babo for a reason. Celebrating? For what? provoking a monster that you couldn't beat? Celebrating a more painful death?

At this rate, I dunno how he could be a CEO of a Chaebol, he is not smarter than his brother

SJK acting was just simply brilliant... the moment the door open and he sees his mother death body, you could see he went from shock, angry then his eyes grew cold, dark and souless, its terrifying..

were not worthy waynes world GIF

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2

Today's episode was by far the best of the series!!!! I loved everything about it, it made me laugh at the right time, cry at the right time, and anxious at the right time.  The beginning of the episode had it sweet moments that just made the cliffhanger even better!!!!!!!

The comedic timing was great today with all of the silliness!

Spoiler

The comedic timing I'm talking about is when the Bye Bye Balloon gang wanted Vincenzo to model for the flyers.  I love the way it transitioned from Vincenzo say he didn't want to pose for the picture to him posing for the pictures.  I burst out laughing...LOL!!!

The cliffhanger was doggone near perfect!!! Loved It!!!!

howie mandel omg GIF by America's Got Talent

• Like 9

Damn dark... hanseok n myunghee have provoked the wrong one. 

Spoiler

I don't even blame VC if he decided to shoot hanseok right there, turn him and myunghee into a pork jelly dish. It served them right.

---

Off topic, just for fun.. (while waiting for 2 damn weeks)

Let's say VC and CY had a daughter, I can see VC's darkened eyes looking damn calm but intimidating to his daughter's bf. And CY was whispering to his ear with flinch eyes, "stop that damn intimidating looks to that poor guy, your daughter just wants to be all polite by introducing her bf to her dad." Lols

Edited by kozukomi
Put some to spoiler
  • Like 5
  • LOL 7

6 minutes ago, kozukomi said:

Off topic, just for fun.. (while waiting for 2 damn weeks)

Let's say VC and CY had a daughter, I can see VC's darkened eyes looking damn calm but intimidating to his daughter's bf. And CY was whispering to his ear with flinch eyes, "stop that damn intimidating looks to that poor guy, your daughter just wants to be all polite by introducing her bf to her dad." Lols

Which he reluctantly agree, and give deadly stares to the poor boy when his wife not looking, because in one hand, he is whipped to his wife, but on the other hand he is dal babo. Lol 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

Tonight’s episode was :onfirex:

SJK’s acting is amazing!! He’s got the look to kill (both physically and literally) with fire spewing from his eyes. Just what were psychopath Han Seok and Myung Hee thinking killing his mother? No good could come from that. They should run right about now.

The thing with the villains of this drama is they’re not smart nor strategic. They always resort to one method to hopefully solve all their problems and that’s murder. Just scums with no moral compass. They don’t actually have any brain power which makes sense why they’re no match for Vincenzo. I honestly can entertain the idea of Vincenzo killing them off now but of course we still have 4 episodes left so that won’t happen. But boy would it be satisfying for me!

Vincenzo really needed a hug. :tears: But I love how understanding and supportive Cha Young always is. She always has an accurate read on him and so down with his antics. She deserves an appreciation post! Telling him to go make them pay. She‘s always there to back him up when he needs her and doesn’t try to stand in his way, ever. Like the saying goes, behind every successful man is a strong woman. She truly is his rock. Her effort to mend his relationship with his mother is so sweet. Thanks to her, he was able to make some memories. :bawling:  And while they never spoke directly as mother and son, I’m happy they were able to have the conversations they did. Vincenzo and Cha Young better be endgame!! She’s all he’s got, wholeheartedly. 

Like some have mentioned, I’m starting to grow fond of the tenants (though small doses of them is preferred since time is of the essence and I rather see V+CY onscreen :lol:). But I’m happy Vincenzo have people on his side who’s like family. I actually quite love the bye bye balloon trio. Their onscreen presence is always hilarious and not as irritating as some others. They were the comedic relief in this episode before it went dark and I lol’d at Vincenzo not wanting to be their model but simultaneously being their model. :lol:

Two weeks is going to be a long time. But I can assure you all it’s going to be worth the wait!

• Like 12
  • Love 2

Wow, that was quite an episode! SJK's acting was really amazing! What do you think it's going to happen? Since there are still 4 episodes left, the psycho guy is not going to die yet. Any guesses for episode 17?

• Like 6