[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

Netflix Korea video with Song Joong ki, Director Kim Hee Won and SCreenwriter Park Jae Bum is out with English subtitles.  It's really interesting and fun.  I just wish it was longer! I would seriously listen to them do commentary about every single episode.

On 5/21/2021 at 8:09 AM, shinystar1985 said:

For those of you sad about SJK‘s interpretation of the ending, JYB has come to the rescue.

"Even if she can't be there all the time, I think she will go to there even only for a while. I don't think she will leave him alone." - Jeon Yeo Been (in courtesy of twitter)

Love how they’re both constantly channeling their characters even in real life. It’s such a Cha Young thing to say and do. So carefree and stubborn. She accepts him wholeheartedly and will go down to the fire pits of hell for her man. SJK’s like VC who has this overprotection over CY and in a way he’d rather lose her if it meant she will be out of danger’s way. I get this is what he means by she isn’t his shade but rather an agony because he loves her so much. He has such a longing for her but he doesn’t feel he deserves her that’s why he keeps pushing for them not meeting again. But JYB’s like “Nope she’s coming! She’s never leaving him alone.” I’m here for it. :wub:

Cutie with short hair. She always shines so bright! She’s such a CenCha Shipper. 

I'm glad she gave us a more hopeful interpretation  of the ending!  I really enjoyed finally hearing from JYB about her role and the drama.  i love her describing the drama as a "miracle" and a "gift":please:

On 5/22/2021 at 6:58 PM, K-drama Fizz said:

Ah, Vincenzo!

Could someone share with me their theory on what happened to Inzaghi?  Was his disappearance ever explained or did I miss it?

SJK thought of him as a guardian angel for Vincenzo.  The screenwriter and director talk a bit about Inzaghi and what he represents in the new Netflix video I posted above but didn't say what happened to him in the end.

On 5/22/2021 at 12:12 AM, Butterfly_hugs said:

It's been a while since I've been on this thread. And I must say, since the show finished I suffered withdrawal. The chemistry between the cast is best I've seen (not exaggerating) from the bts etc you can see the cast adore each other. I was already a big fan of SJK and was bitter he didn't get more recognition for arthdal chronicles but at least Vincenzo has been a hit and rightly so.  I've become a solid fan of Jeo-been even if I liked her in be melodramatic, I'll definitely follow her further works. What a ride this show was though, how they balanced humour,  suspense and not to forget the hot chemistry even if there wasn't much skinship.

Right now I'm in a slump, suggestions are very welcome.

I think we are all struggling tbh. I'm still looking for a drama to compare:brokenheart:

1 hour ago, TheaN said:

And in my alternate universe the MyeongSeok duo is enjoying their HOT afterlife being the devilish pair!

She looks gorgeous!:astonished:

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

EVENT: 50 Things You Learn From A Korean Drama

Have you ever tried to explain to your friends and family why you watch k-dramas? What is it that makes them so unique?

Chingus, now is your chance to help us compile a list of what you have learned from watching Korean dramas. :partyblob:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl

• Like 1

Kwak Dong Yeon Talks About Starting Work At A Young Age, Playing Older Roles, And More

9bf393fe51224d7cae63673f2207e2ad.jpeg?s=

May 30, 2021
by C. Hong

Kwak Dong Yeon participated in a pictorial and interview for the magazine Esquire!

In the interview, the actor talked about his most recent project, the tvN drama “Vincenzo,” his career thus far, and more.

kwak-dong-yeon-11.jpeg

The interviewer mentioned that even though Kwak Dong Yeon is just 25 years old (Korean age), many people don’t know he is so young because he has already been working for several years. Kwak Dong Yeon joked, “It’s because I look old. To be honest, up until two or three years ago, my age put a lot of restrictions on me. I was told, ‘You look like you’re in your mid- to late-twenties, but you’re actually too young.’ There were a lot of restrictions like that when it came to casting. I even requested that they remove my age on my public profile.”

As a result, Kwak Dong Yeon had taken on a lot of roles that were older than his actual age. “I didn’t feel a sense of pressure about that,” he said. “In fact, I was happier. I was able to take on roles like that because people were confused about my age.” He added as a joke, “I think all the junk food and irregular eating and sleeping times from my trainee days made me look the way I do today.”

kwak-dong-yeon-4.jpeg

Kwak Dong Yeon has been living alone since he was in the first year of middle school. He said, “I started training from an early age, and as I watched the adults working in the entertainment industry, I had one wish. On TV, celebrities are portrayed as sensitive and temperamental and thinking only of themselves. I don’t know if those people exist in real life, but I’ve been absorbing such media since I was young, and I didn’t like it. I thought that when I became a celebrity later, I shouldn’t act like that. All projects, even this pictorial, is work for the celebrity, but it’s also work for the staff as well. I always think that it would be better if the people who are working together can do so while having fun and laughing. As I get older, I want to make people laugh, not just at work, but with my fans and with the people I love as well.”

In “Vincenzo,” the character Jang Han Seo was the oldest character that Kwak Dong Yeon had played to date, estimated to be around 29 years old. However, now that he has passed 25, Kwak Dong Yeon is now approaching the same age as most of his characters. Asked if this might feel awkward to him, he said, “No, I don’t think so. All the roles I play have something of myself in them. The ‘me’ when I’m with people who are older, with close friends, and other sides of ‘me.’ No matter what role I take on, I’ll try to put something of myself in them without making them stand out too much. That’s my job after all.”

Before Jang Han Seo died in the drama, the actor wrote on Instagram, “Happy happy.” Asked about this, Kwak Dong Yeon said, “A lot of viewers were predicting Han Seo’s death, so I wanted to cause chaos. Of course, I wasn’t just playing around. From a character perspective, I think that Han Seo’s final decision was the best choice he could have made. Even if he had lived, he would have had to carry the weight of having killed someone, and dealt with the consequences of his collapsing company. In any event, he saved Vincenzo, the person who made him into a human being, and talked back to his older brother after having lived under his thumb his whole life. He managed to resolve a lot of things before he died. So in a way, it was a happy ending for him.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1472035wpp/kwak-dong-yeon-talks-about-starting-work-at-a-young-age-playing-older-roles-and-more

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

source: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/382/0000913146

Translation

Spoiler

'Vincenzo' Song Joong-ki, landing in Europe

0000913146_001_20210531065806970.jpg?typ

Actor Song Joong-ki's realm is expected to expand further. By promoting his work not only in Asia but also in Europe, he is preparing an opportunity to expand his stage as a Hallyu star.

According to Flixpatrol, an OTT ranking site on the 30th, 'Vincenzo' is on the top of Netflix's 'Most Viewed Content' in Japan, as well as in Singapore, Vietnam, and the Philippines, as well as most of the Southeast Asian countries. This proves the fame that Song Joong-ki is already gaining in Asia.

Then, Song Joong-ki is heading to Europe. Recently, 'Vincenzo' was also released through Netflix in France and other countries, and it is slowly gaining word of mouth.

On this day, the Korea Creative Content Agency cited the introduction and viewing recommendations of 'Vincenzo' from 'urban fusions', a French entertainment site, saying, "It has many things in common with other genres of dramas, but this drama is groundbreaking. ” he said. He also explained in detail that it attracts attention with a unique story that combines noir and comedy. The fact that the Italian mafia, familiar to European viewers, was used as the subject matter was also cited as a factor of anticipation.

Above all, 'Urban Fusion' predicted that the story of a lawyer from the Italian mafia could appeal to the European region through the Italian ambassador. In particular, Song Joong-ki, the main character, actually studied Italian and played “perfect lines”, writing that “it gives a fresh shock”.

This local gaze and analysis is also connected with expectations for Song Joong-ki. This is thanks to the fact that he has already received favorable reviews in Europe and other Western regions through the movie 'Victory,' and he left an impressive evaluation by expressing a different genre and character.

So happy to hear that the drama is so popular in the southeast Asian countries which is where I'm from

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am a huge Song Joong Ki fan and love this drama a lot. 

Thanks everyone for sharing all the information!

Read that despite being in self-quarantine now, he sent a coffee truck to support JYB's new drama yesterday, such a sweet and caring sunbaenim :)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1478225wpp/song-joong-ki-shows-love-for-vincenzo-co-star-jeon-yeo-been-on-set-of-her-new-drama 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Winners Of The 2021 Brand Of The Year Awards

58c1c771beb74a009fe0759ad4220c56.jpeg?s=

Aug 19, 2021
by D. Kim

The winners of the 2021 Brand of the Year Awards have been announced!

The annual award ceremony recognizes brands that have impressed over the past year, with the winners determined through online votes. On August 19, the Korean Consumer Forum announced this year’s winners.

Actor: Song Joong Ki

Drama: tvN “Vincenzo”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1484437wpp/winners-of-2021-brand-of-the-year-awards

• 2 months later...

2PM’s Taecyeon on playing the villain in ‘Vincenzo’: “It’s fun but also hard”

He also spoke about his experience on the set of his upcoming comedy series 'Inspector Joy'

27th October 2021
2pm-ok-taecyeon-vincenzo-2021-netflix-tv

2PM singer-actor Taecyeon has opened up about his experience portraying the antagonist on Vincenzo. 

The star spoke to W Korea about his recent role in the popular Netflix/tvN series Vincenzo, which premiered earlier this year, as its main antagonist, Jang Han-seok, who went by the name Jang Jun-woo for majority of the series. He also discussed his upcoming role in historical-comedy series Inspector Joy, which will premiere next month.

“You’re acting as a new character each time and your expressions thus change every time so it’s always different,” he explained, according to translations by Soompi“If I am to think about how deeply I must express myself, whether it’s better to act lightheartedly, the intentions of the producers and writers, whether I can fulfil viewers’ expectations, and more, it’s fun but also hard.”

Taecyeon also touched on the technicalities of portraying his character on Vincenzo, for whom he had to bring out two different sides to a complicated persona. He noted that he shared some similarities to Jang Han-seok, clarifying that “rather than have one specific thing in common, I think I’ve seen images similar to myself among the various sides of that character.”

“Jang Jun-woo is someone who must proceed the way he’s mapped it out and I think we’re pretty similar in that aspect. As well as his cold side,” he explained.

https://www.nme.com/en_asia/news/tv/2pm-taecyeon-on-playing-the-villain-in-vincenzo-3080279

2PM’s Taecyeon On Similarities To His “Vincenzo” Character, Why He’s Proud Of Himself And His Fans, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 27, 2021
by S. Cho

2PM’s Taecyeon recently sat down for an interview with W Korea!

The singer and actor made his debut with 2PM in 2008 and is now 34 years old [in Korean age]. It’s already been two years since his military discharge and when asked about his time serving, Taecyeon shared, “The military is still a place where people live, so it was worth going there. Especially because I went when I was a little older, compared to my past idol lifestyle, the military wasn’t all that difficult. The place where I served was all common sense and had a culture of good communication. By the time I was around 27, I began to think that I quickly wanted to enlist. I just started to think ‘The time has come,’ but I wasn’t very worried.”

After acting in “Vincenzo” earlier this year and starring in “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” next month, Taecyeon has had a busy year filming and acting. He explained that he found acting fun and commented, “You’re acting as a new character each time and your expressions thus change every time so it’s always different. Whenever I do it, I’m given new homework. If I am to think about how deeply I must express myself, whether it’s better to act lightheartedly, the intentions of the producers and writers, whether I can fulfill viewers’ expectations, and more, it’s fun but also hard.”

Taecyeon-21.jpeg

In “Vincenzo,” Taecyeon tackled the difficult role of playing an innocent character that turned out to be the cruel villain. Previously, Taecyeon had mentioned that he had similarities to his character Jang Joon Woo, of which he elaborated, “Rather than have one specific thing in common, I think I’ve seen images similar to myself among the various sides of that character. Jang Joon Woo is someone who must proceed the way he’s mapped it out and I think we’re pretty similar in that aspect. As well as his cold side.”

Taecyeon continued, “I don’t make long-term plans but I often set short-term goals. If I decide what I need to do this week, I’m someone who has to do it, but I don’t specifically think of plans for several months and years in advance. I do pack in small plans but I guess you could call it shortsightedness?”

After appearing in various darker roles, “Secret Royal Inspector & Joy” is Taecyeon’s first romantic comedy. Taecyeon shared, “It’s a bright, comedic historical drama. I appear as an incredibly lazy character who gets his back pushed into the role of secret royal inspector. I inspect together with my co-star Kim Hye Yoon and we make our way to every corner of the country. I don’t know what the response will be like after it’s released, but we’re filming so enjoyably. I especially like that the filming atmosphere is fun.”

The 2PM member also spoke proudly about how the group’s fans were the first to start using light sticks. He explained, “I don’t know if it’s because we took a different route from typical idols right from the beginning, but our fans felt mature too. I think there’s a uniqueness to our fans. Although light sticks have now become universalized for idols, our fans were the first to introduce light sticks with LED lights.”

Taecyeon added, “I remember idol fans recognizing the concept of a light stick after that. When we debuted, there was a bit of an issue regarding the fan club’s balloon color. Since most colors were taken by other fandoms, we ended up using black balloons.”

The interviewer commented that black balloons must have looked dull, but Taecyeon explained, “They weren’t dull, you just couldn’t see them at all. The reason a fandom all waves their balloons together is to help the singer on stage feel like, ‘This is how our fans are supporting us,’ but from the stage, the lights were so bright and they would block the view so we couldn’t see the black balloons at all. Because of that problem, the fans brainstormed ideas, which resulted in the birth of the LED light stick.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1495471wpp/2pms-taecyeon-on-similarities-to-his-vincenzo-character-why-hes-proud-of-himself-and-his-fans-and-more

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Biggest Korean Shows on Netflix in 2021

by Jacob Robinson  @JRobinsonWoN on December 7, 2021, 10:44 am EST 

As we come to the end of 2021, many have already dubbed it as the year that South Korea broke its way into the mainstream throughout the globe. Thanks to hits like Squid Game and Hometown Cha-Cha we’re likely going to see other streamers get in on the trend. Here’s a rundown of the biggest Korean shows on Netflix in 2021.

How are we going to determine the biggest hits? Well, we’re going to do it based on top 10 data and hourly data released by Netflix. It’s not a perfect guide as there is missing data in the case of hourly data but this should give you an overall picture of what’s been trending on Netflix this year out of South Korea.

Note: this data is correct as of December 7th, 2021 – it’ll be updated and adjusted towards the end of 2021.

Vincenzo 

2021 Top 10 TV Position: #15
Total Hours Viewed Global Top 10s: Data not available.

vincenzo netflix top 10s

Week to week Vincenzo only went from strength to strength amassing an audience of millions worldwide. Sadly, as Vincenzo aired in the Spring we have no hourly viewing data, but given the stats of some of the K-Dramas below in this list, it would have been in the hundreds of millions.

The series was so popular in South Korea it is currently ranked as the tenth highest-rated cable drama of all time. In countries throughout Asia, Vincenzo spent hundreds of days in the top 10s lists of nations such as Vietnam, Japan, Thailand, and Malaysia.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/biggest-korean-shows-on-netflix-in-2021/

• 4 months later...

Song Joong Ki Talks About The First Time He Stood On Camera And Recalls A Memorable Moment From Filming “Vincenzo”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Apr 23, 2022
by L. Kim

Song Joong Ki shared some memories during his acting career!

On April 22, entertainment agency History D&C released a video about some of their actors discussing their acting experiences. The video featured stars like Song Joong Ki, Geum Sae Rok, Yang Kyung Won, and Im Chul Soo.

Then while talking about the moments when the actors felt the charms of acting, Song Joong Ki mentioned “Vincenzo.”

In that hit drama, Song Joong Ki played Vincenzo Cassano, an Italian lawyer and Mafia consigliere who is of Korean descent, but was adopted by an Italian family at a young age. When he moves back to Korea due to a conflict within his organization, he winds up crossing paths with sharp-tongued lawyer Hong Cha Young (played by Jeon Yeo Bin). Together, they join forces in using villainous methods to take down villains who cannot be punished by the court of law.

Song Joong Ki explained, “There was a scene where Vincenzo went to work the day after his mother passed away, and when he climbed up the stairs, the plaza people were waiting for him.”

He added, “As always, all the actors were in the same sentiment, but I still remember what Seo Ye Hwa’s character said. ‘I’m pregnant, and there’s a baby inside me. But I can still fight, so tell me if you need help.'” He said the line really impacted him because it came from a pregnant character.

Song Joong Ki continued, “Ye Hwa’s take was done, but I still had an emotional scene left, and I could read her efforts. She was trying her best to deliver her energy to me. I could feel it so strongly. So I waited even though my scene was over. I wanted to give her a hug before I left. I felt so grateful for her intentions. It’s those moments that really hit me.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1523360wpp/song-joong-ki-talks-about-the-first-time-he-stood-on-camera-and-recalls-a-memorable-moment-from-filming-vincenzo

• 4 months later...

2022 APAN Star Awards Announces Nominees

Aug 31, 2022
by L. Kim
dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

The nominees for the 2022 APAN Star Awards have been revealed!

The event will be held at the Korea International Exhibition Center (KINTEX) in Ilsan, Gyeonggi Province on September 29. It has been confirmed that Yuri and Jung Il Woo will be the MCs of this year’s APAN Star Awards.

Check out this year’s nominees below!

Best Director:

Kim Hee Won (tvN’s “Vincenzo”)

Yoo In Sik (ENA’s “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”)

Jung Ji In and Song Yeon Hwa (MBC’s “The Red Sleeve”)

Han Joon Hee (Netflix’s “D.P.”)

Hwang Dong Hyuk (Netflix’s “Squid Game”)

Best Supporting Actor:

Park Ji Hwan (tvN’s “Our Blues”)

Yoon Kyung Ho (Netflix’s “My Name”)

Yoon Byung Hee (tvN’s “Vincenzo,” tvN’s “Our Blues”)

Choi Young Joon (tvN’s “Our Blues”)

Heo Sung Tae (Netflix’s “Squid Game”)

Top Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries:

Kim Nam Gil (SBS’s “Through the Darkness”)

Namgoong Min (MBC’s “The Veil”)

Song Joong Ki (tvN’s “Vincenzo”)

2PM’s Lee Junho (MBC’s “The Red Sleeve”)

Lee Je Hoon (SBS’s “Taxi Driver”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1543034wpp/2022-apan-star-awards-announces-nominees

• 4 weeks later...

Song Joong Ki’s Red Carpet at Apan Star Adward 2022

Acceptance speech of our Daesang (Grand Prize) winner, Actor Song Joong Ki, for the 8th APAN Awards 2022

Yoon Byung-Hee  won Best Supporting Actor award at APAN Awards 2022 for his roles in Vicenzo and Our Blues.

• 2 months later...

Legal Eagles: 8 Must-Watch K-Dramas With Savvy Lawyers

Dec 22, 2022

Razor sharp interrogations, dramatic twists, strategic power plays, and maneuvering the moral high ground in the pursuit for justice… if you ever thought courtrooms were dull stuffy affairs, then think again.

Legal K-dramas rate high with their taut storylines of investigative plots, high octane court room action, and thrills and chills. From socio-political and economic issues to highlighting sensitive societal issues, these dramas are filled with moral questions, with just some romance thrown in to lighten up the mood. As the sharp-witted, perceptive legal eagles with a gift of the gab take center stage, they can be charmingly and calculatingly shrewd in their cause for justice.

So here is a list of eight legal dramas featuring some savvy lawyers who can outsmart their way out of the trickiest situations.

“Vincenzo”

Song-Joong-Ki-Vincenzo.jpeg

“Your best source of protection isn’t a gun or a sword. It’s your brain. Don’t forget that,” says the calculating consigliere, Vincenzo Cassano. Vincenzo (Song Joong Ki) is a mafia lawyer who makes a whistle-stop visit home to South Korea to wrap up some unfinished pending business, translated as getting his huge stash of gold and returning back to Italy. However, his best laid plans go awry, and he finds himself drawn into the plight of a ragtag bunch of tenants who want to stop the demolition of their building. As he finds himself getting involved in their cause, he meets the sharp and feisty lawyer Hong Cha Young (Jeon Yeo Bin), and the two become a team as they take on the powerful conglomerate Babel and are up against very dangerous adversaries and its scheming boss Jang Jun Woo (Taecyeon)

Though Vincenzo has his own ideas when it comes to justice, he unapologetically adheres to how only evil can punish evil. Vincenzo’s fierce loyalty towards Hong Cha Young and the tenants of Geumga Plaza proves that he is a man who can go to any lengths and use any means to justify what is a suitable end for him. Vincenzo is a rollercoaster. The drama gets bloody and violent with cliffhangers thrown in, and it has quirky humor and wit to keep you hooked. And, of course, Song Joong Ki And Jeon Yeo Bin’s chemistry keeps up the momentum.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1558649wpp/legal-eagles-8-must-watch-k-dramas-with-savvy-lawyers

• 10 months later...

7 K-Drama Villains We Love To Hate And Hate To Love

Oct 26, 2023

Crafty and calculating with a rakish charm that hides their dangerous motives—who fits this description? None other than those dashingly debonair villains of K-drama who are menacing, unpredictable, and oh so ruthless that you would not want to run into them ever. But their treacherous ways and roguish flamboyance definitely make an impact. Here are K-drama’s seven bad boys whom you will love to hate and hate to love.

Taecyeon in “Vincenzo”

2pm-taecyeon-vincenzo.jpg

Taecyeon‘s Jun Woo with his child-like antics and wide-eyed innocent looks got away with murder. His devious and scheming ways were well disguised by his quirky naivety as a rookie lawyer. But when Jun Woo’s cover is blown by Vincenzo (Song Joong Ki) and it comes to light that he is none other than the chairman of Babel Pharmaceuticals, it leads to the start of a bloody war. A vicious, sociopathic villain, Jun Woo is brutal and unscrupulous and can go to any lengths to destroy whoever comes his way, even if it means killing his own family.

Taecyeon put the good into being bad by his unrestrained yet chilling performance. He is so convincing that he will send chills down your spine. He definitely immortalized himself as one of K-drama’s most sinister antagonists with this role.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1620841wpp/7-k-drama-villains-we-love-to-hate-and-hate-to-love