[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

Ep 16 shown that Vincenzo could’ve had his way and killed those Babos anytime. However, he always sticked to the evidences and made them villains to pay for their crimes first. The ones who played dirty were always them, Babel group. They always lost to Vincenzo and they only won when they went behind his back. They were never really able to directly or formally have a war with Vincenzo. They tried to harm him, kill him, frame him, but he always won and they always lost. Now they chose to win by killing his vulnerable mother, which is the most cowardly way to win/hurt Vincenzo so far. By the look of it, they already went too far this time and Vincenzo will have no more of it. They touched the wrong spot, a huge mistake. Officially, a “grand” revenge is coming for them.

• Like 13

OH MY GAWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD, I JUST FINISHED TODAY'S EPISODE AND I AM SHOOK...

I called it, the second that gas check lady opened her mouth I knew she was up to something because that was such a random thing to add into the episode. 

Also anyone else cried a river during the scene between Vincenzo and his mum? MY GOD THE ACTING IS IMMACULATE.

We have 4 episodes left, my theory is that in the next two episodes he's still going to keep them on their toes (Jang Han-seok and Choi Myung-hee) and then episode 19 he's going to kill her and episode 20 would end with the death of Jang Han-seok. 

But for some reason I feel like there's going to be another season because we still haven't properly gone through the storyline of what's going to happen with the gold in the basement and the flash drive.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, suzy0604 said:

SJK acting was just simply brilliant... the moment the door open and he sees his mother death body, you could see he went from shock, angry then his eyes grew cold, dark and souless, its terrifying..

Your entire post, especially this part described SJK's acting so well. 

And in the ending, when the camera panned closer to SJK's face, his eyes were extremely soulless and dark. It gave me goosebumps. Also the way Vincenzo killed the murderer. A shot in the head right in front of Choi Myung hee !!!!!!

I love how the character of Vincenzo is written with so many layers and he's not your typical Kdrama main character. Also he influenced me to drink espresso out of ceramics cup. hahaha. I shifted from latte to an espresso and now I need to get a moka pot to properly make my espresso at home. hahaha

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, ponderings said:

Your entire post, especially this part described SJK's acting so well. 

And in the ending, when the camera panned closer to SJK's face, his eyes were extremely soulless and dark. It gave me goosebumps. Also the way Vincenzo killed the murderer. A shot in the head right in front of Choi Myung hee !!!!!!

I love how the character of Vincenzo is written with so many layers and he's not your typical Kdrama main character. Also he influenced me to drink espresso out of ceramics cup. hahaha. I shifted from latte to an espresso and now I need to get a moka pot to properly make my espresso at home. hahaha

That ending scene alone deserves an award like the build up from arriving at the murderer's house to arriving at Jang Han-seok's place was everything like I watched it twice.

Also now I need to try espresso from a ceramic cup! 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, rainbowwarm said:

Ep 16 shown that Vincenzo could’ve had his way and killed those Babos anytime. However, he always sticked to the evidences and made them villains to pay for their crimes first. The ones who played dirty were always them, Babel group. They always lost to Vincenzo and they only won when they went behind his back. They were never really able to directly or formally have a war with Vincenzo. They tried to harm him, kill him, frame him, but he always won and they always lost. Now they chose to win by killing his vulnerable mother, which is the most cowardly way to win/hurt Vincenzo so far. By the look of it, they already went too far this time and Vincenzo will have no more of it. They touched the wrong spot, a huge mistake. Officially, a “grand” revenge is coming for them.

Exactly! Killing them is a piece of cake for Vincenzo. They should be fortunate he spared their pathetic lives until now. Them and their petty attacks and playing dirty even to the point of killing his sick mother is only digging their own grave. Vincenzo has never backed down, not once. Everything they deliver, he delivers back tenfold. What did they think they’d gain from killing his mother? (Genuine question here) Yes you’ll hurt him but that means your death is also near, RickRoll'D! Sorry I might just kill them myself.  

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Vincenzo and Cha Young deserve to be happy together in the end after all the crap they have been put though in this show.

** can we talk about V turning cold, but still waiting for CY to give him the go ahead to make them pay before he really went for it. or is this just my mind spinning it as such? lol.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, suzy0604 said:

SJK acting was just simply brilliant... the moment the door open and he sees his mother death body, you could see he went from shock, angry then his eyes grew cold, dark and souless, its terrifying..

THIS!! Couldn’t have described it more perfectly. I had the chills and felt a sense of emptiness in my heart. And the way he was interrogating the hit man so calmly, breaking his fingers one by one. The look in his eyes remained unchanged, cold dark and soulless. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Songbae said:

I understand that Jang han seok is a psychopath and he is obsessed with his company but what is choi myeong seok gaining from all of this? 

She's a Narcissist - someone with Narcissistic personality disorder and she loves it that someone looks up to her for it because before as a Prosecutor, she thinks that by being one she can control but the LAW governs HER which was why it was so easy to pull her to the dark side especially her deep need for excessive attention for her "brilliance".

• Like 11

45 minutes ago, shinystar1985 said:

.What did they think they’d gain from killing his mother? (Genuine question here) Yes you’ll hurt him but that means your death is also near, RickRoll'D! Sorry I might just kill them myself.  

Yeah, right!!
Han Seok and Myung Hee, those two just wanted to enjoy the “temporary” victory. While Han Seo seems slow but he actually got a point “No good can come out of provoking Vincenzo”. He sees the survival rate by joining hands with Vincenzo rather than keep confronting him, a very deadly opponent. Normal people would probably do the same, if you can’t fight them, befriend with them. Meanwhile, Han Seok is a psychopath so he doesn’t “scare”, and Myung Hee just wants instant wins to satisfy her boss without even thinking what she just got herself into. She obviously wasn’t prepared for it even though she already saw those pictures from Italy. She still thought that she can use her classic way on him!!
Look at the guy who killed Vincenzo’s mother. How frightened he was when he realized he just killed this man’s mother..

Their next target would be probably Cha Young. Han Seok smirks like he never learns...

• Like 6

Actually after rewatching I realised I was wrong, they killed his family so he will kill theirs, so i thought he might go for the brother but now no, i dont think so.

I think its going to be her, she killed the lawyers father and now arranged for his mother to go.  I think he ends up on the run after killing her in front of them.

The italian mob has been mentioned a few times now and they are still quiet, so i suspect we will see them on the move soon to, to korea.  I think that Paolo will want or be called in to help do away with Vincenzo.....

• Like 5

I wonder if the reason why they have to take break for filming because there maybe a change in the ending?  

This is maybe just me, but I don't see CYxVin ending now since his mother passed away. It turns Vin back to a cold-blood mafia who he thinks does not deserve love. Maybe it will be CY who shows him that he still has her and still capable of love...with 4 episodes left. 

My 2 cent ending: 

Spoiler

I imagine an open ending when everything is over, we're shown that geumga plaza is no longer there, but all the residents found "gold" in their heart, everyone is satisfied with what they have. And Vincenzo may fake his own death, then show up in Malta where no one knows him... that's when Cha Young appear in front of him in a foreign place and taadaa THE END. 

I love CYxVin, but I have to say, the plotline can progress without their loveline. Their loveline is part of the fan service. CY is still being kept in the dark regarding Vin's mafia doings - his shadows, his killings. And the drama is not gonna spend time to explore this in 4 episodes. 

I'm suspecting the card she read was not from Vin's mother but probably from her dad. She already knows it's Vin's mother, but the memory of her dad's letter had made her decided to try to help them rekindle. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Le_Amarant said:

How does the timeline of shooting for this show work? I don't get it. Episode 16 was filmed a whole month ago, judging from the pre-release clip. How are they going to finish filming Ep 17-20 at this rate? They're going to need more than 2 weeks, even if the cast and crew don't eat and sleep and just film 24/7 (which I hope they aren't).

I think they are almost finishing.Even though we are getting so many spoiler but they're not consistent.They may be taken one week off with solid plan(editing also take huge time) so they're almost done,just adding some scenes perhaps. Otherwise it’s impossible to finish 4 episode with one and half an hour length. May God bless them. Everyone need to be healthy, too. 

26 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Okay that episode was amazing wow SJK acting amazing Aww VC need a hug. I have to say that CY is kinda like VC compass in way he wait for her okay before he want after them, the bad guys just woke the monster. I see alot of Olicity (Arrow) in VC & CY.

Ahhhh....Olicity! Old good days and memories! 

Yes, you are right. CY is like a compass for Vin. She is the light in the life of the darkest Knight. 

I really like how she read him. If it was another romantic drama, we will find her to back hug him when she was chasing after him(after cctv monitoring). But she acts like HCY only, assures him she'll here and he should punish that killer there without any worries. This drama is all about the darkness. He or she or all of them has it. Good thing is no one denying it or playing good person card here. Neither the bad evil nor the good evil people. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, jareen said:

Ahhhh....Olicity! Old good days and memories! 

Yes, you are right. CY is like a compass for Vin. She is the light in the life of the darkest Knight. 

I really like how she read him. If it was another romantic drama, we will find her to back hug him when she was chasing after him(after cctv monitoring). But she acts like HCY only, assures him she'll here and he should punish that killer there without any worries. This drama is all about the darkness. He or she or all of them has it. Good thing is no one denying it or playing good person card here. Neither the bad evil nor the good evil people. 

I see another Olicity fan nice. Yes she is his light in his life, he needs that.

• Like 1

For an Italian, mother and family are very important, it is not something to joke with, what they thought in ordering such a mess that he would not react, the mafia uses a lot of revenge if you hurt the family even for thinking about it involves a retaliation. But she don't really know how criminal organizations operate? don't exist in Asia? although she is a former prosecutor she has no knowledge of it.

She does not remember the photos she saw, they show that they are dealing with a hitman, not a thief or a bag holder. if he has left his organization then he is like a very dangerous dog. The stepbrother has perfectly understood but they treat him as incapable

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, kaqueski said:

I wonder if the reason why they have to take break for filming because there maybe a change in the ending?  

This is maybe just me, but I don't see CYxVin ending now since his mother passed away. It turns Vin back to a cold-blood mafia who he thinks does not deserve love. Maybe it will be CY who shows him that he still has her and still capable of love...with 4 episodes left. 

My 2 cent ending: 

Hide contents

I imagine an open ending when everything is over, we're shown that geumga plaza is no longer there, but all the residents found "gold" in their heart, everyone is satisfied with what they have. And Vincenzo may fake his own death, then show up in Malta where no one knows him... that's when Cha Young appear in front of him in a foreign place and taadaa THE END. 

I love CYxVin, but I have to say, the plotline can progress without their loveline. Their loveline is part of the fan service. CY is still being kept in the dark regarding Vin's mafia doings - his shadows, his killings. And the drama is not gonna spend time to explore this in 4 episodes. 

I'm suspecting the card she read was not from Vin's mother but probably from her dad. She already knows it's Vin's mother, but the memory of her dad's letter had made her decided to try to help them rekindle. 

the VinCha relationship could go one of two ways in the end...

1. open/happy ending with them in malta or somewhere together

2. on the same note that karen and frank ended in the punisher (for those who haven't watched that, karen accepts frank's punisher side and wants to be with him, but he thinks he is too far gone and can not live a happy life beside her so he turns her proposal of them being together down)

i'd prefer one because i don't think my heart could take another kastle ending. but i'm setting myself up for a possibility of reliving it. just hoping for #1.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

It's been a minute since I've commented on this thread. This show remains one of my favorites and each week is simply awesome. 

Episode 16 - whew. I am just sad and angry even though we all knew this was going to happen. But still, to see it play out was heartbreaking. 

Hate we have to wait two weeks - but understand they want to wrap this up well. I very much look forward to the final four episodes.

Now excuse me while I go sob like a baby. :(:(

Edited to add: maaaaaan - Vincenzo in beast mode at is a sight to behold. Wheeeeeew boy. It was a bad day to be an underling at camp Babel. A bad day indeed :wut:

He literally made the murderer do his death march back to home base. THAT is EPIC.

Edited by MegaMa
  • Like 11