[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

Spoiler

How to del this spoiler box using hp? Such a headache lol

Lol me too doesn't find the masculinity in SJK. I watch werewolf boy, DOTS, arthdal, forgot space sweeper but that's it. In DOTS i find jingoo more attractive :joy: 

But now i see SJK is attractive too lololol from boyish to handsome man

• Like 1

People are getting faster in uploading and translating the pre release clip. I guess it just shows how this drama is getting more and more attention from people compared to earlier episodes. 

CY calls VC "cassano" without 씨 or 님 the honorific. I call that progression. Yes, i'm easy to please :D. Now i'll be waiting for VC to call CY "cha youngie" or "cha youngah". I've seen the later being mentioned in making video, but greedy me need the actual scene in the drama. I find these nuances in korean quite interesting, you can see how a relationship progress just by the way they talk to/call each other.

And new still for episode 15.

I'm a bit conflicted about HS. I know he's corrupted soul due to the environment he's living. But still he has no problem in bringing harm to the babel victim's family. And i still cant compromise that act of his. Yes this topic is a bit grey, because to be fair, VC did kill people, and HS only exposed the babel victim identity, the one who conduct the plan is still JW and his men. But still.. If he ever gets to go to the good side hope he still has this act of redemption/remorse of what he's done before.

Is there anyone that feels JW-CY arc just evaporates way too fast and easily. I don't want unnecessary love triangle, but from the way they emphasize JW's affection towards CY in first episodes get me thinking that it will play bigger role in the drama. But then it just brushes away so easily and now the dynamics change to JW-MH instead.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Just re-watched ep 14 before this weekend's episodes.  A few more very random thoughts:

- Something I noticed in Episode 14 is that Vincenzo refers to himself as scum or scumbag more than once.  Sometimes it is in humour like when he is guilt-tripping the tenants but it seems like he really believes it like when they are in the interrogation room with the Wusan/Babel team.  He really has a low opinion of himself because fo his past:tears:

- the little stand-off between Cha Young and HS about who is older was hilarious. Especially the way you can see Han Seok doing the maths in his head:lol: Cha Young defended her partner and HCY/VC's little thumbs up press when she won!

- Vincenzo is definitely a lot more playful now.  The way he teases Han Seung-hyuk when he is leaving the interrogation room and Seung-hyuk's reaction.   Jo Han Chul is so funny.

- Han seok tried to take the blame for the anti-Union activities to show his loyalty and I guess "pay his debt".  Which is going to be useless because I'm pretty sure the watch Han Seok gave him is bugges so his brother will know all about his scheming behind his back anyway.

- What is M Cho up to with the prosecutor?  When he spoke to Vincenzo it seemed like he didn't have a plan about who he would sell to but, clearly, he was already working with the prosecutor.

- Vincenzo and Cha Young are like a married couple whenever they visit his mother.  She was like an embarassed wife when she was apologising to the doctors after Vincenzo shouted at them or this episode when she tells Vincenzo to give Ms Oh "our gift"^_^

- Mr Nam's obvious disdain for the Bye Bye Balloon guys and Cheol Woo fail attempt to copy Vincenzo's lighter trick during the pepper paper company presentation:lol:

- The trot club scenes were fun as we saw Cha Young getting Vincenzo to dance and sway to the music. :happydance: She is the only one he would do that for!  I didn't recognise "Singing Mr Na" at first but I saw another post that he was the guy sent by Babel to buy the building originally.  I really like the character detail whenever they have these scenes Vincenzo is always roaming around the room restlessly, taking everything in.  It's a twofold tactic: it makes the person being interrogated feel nervous, Vincenzo might find some information or clues.

- Finally, we got some background on Mi Ri. She was cool this episode showing her abilities.  A pity they didn't bother to develop Hong Sik and his abilities at all.  I thought all the residents had special abilities but now I am not so sure.  Surely we would have seen Hee So's this episode if she had one.

- The tenants apologised and started to be quite sweet and helpful.  I do wonder if this change in attitude was a rewrite to make them more appealing. Episode 14 was filming about 3 weeks after the drama premiered when they would have seen the negative viewer feedback about the tenants. 

- Vincenzo taking Cha Young shopping was cute PPL.  I loved the outfit he "chose".  He was so smooth with the jewellery:kiss_wink:

- Nice the American couple enjoyed their fun Korean tour even though their reservations and identities were stolen.  I hope they get their ring back!

- Cha Young attempting to speak poor Korean with an American accent and using random English words was hilarious:lol::lol::lol: Actress-lawyer Hong Cha Young was really enjoying playing the part of Miss Bening

- I know I have written a whole post about the kiss already but anoher thing I noticed when rewatching:  after their kiss Vincenzo is still dazed, unable to tear his gaze away from CY.  Then she calls him "darling" and he blinks like he has woken up and remembered they are playing a role. Both their acting before, during and after the kiss is so nuanced:fullofhearts:

- CY and Vincenzo mistaking the lamp for the priceless art work and the priceless artwork for a mat:lol:

- Hee So and the chewed gum:lol: The Geumga ladies looked great and their distractions were hilarious.  You can tell from their IG posts the ladies liked getting dressed up compared to their character's usual plain outfits

-I wasn't expecting them to pretend to be Italian special agents.  So funny how CY's Italian was "Mamma Mia" :lol:Cha Young's thigh holster and Vincenzo's reaction:o

- What happened to Vincenzo's shadows?  Shouldn't they have been watching the Plaza?

12 hours ago, nurlayla said:

Maybe not as chaotic as LKS but she looks carefree and easygoing person based on bts. Nevertheless, they're having so much fun at the shooting set which is good!

Thanks @raziela owh that scene. 

Any clip for tomorrow ep? We still get the show aired right? :partyblob:

You are welcome.  Yes, she does seem like a really easygoing person. 

The new clip is out now.  TVN posted it really early this time:blush:

10 hours ago, chuu18 said:

New filming crumbs!

Thanks so much for the new pictures. I wonder what episode they are filming now.

@backstreetboysfanI don't think they are holding hands.  They are just walking next to each other.

8 hours ago, shinystar1985 said:

I’m happy to see SJK’s hair combed back again! He’s hot no matter what but the hair combed back is on another level. 

I was surprised to see his hair styled back again in these new pictures.  I wonder if something happened to Vincenzo to go back to his old style? I prefer this look but I think the new hair and less formal wardrobe were to show the evolution in his character. 

Agreeing with all of you who have been amazed and newly seduced by Song Joong Ki as Vincenzo @hankukin @suzy0604 @chuu18 @Le_Amarant

• Like 4

Has anyone watched JYB's recently released film "Night In Paradise"?

Wow. Complete 180 portrayal from CY. This girl has acting RANGE. It might be too early to call it, but I feel like JYB might take a career path similar to Jeon Do Yeon's.

1 hour ago, raziela said:

- Cha Young attempting to speak poor Korean with an American accent and using random English words was hilarious:lol::lol::lol: Actress-lawyer Hong Cha Young was really enjoying playing the part of Miss Bening

Not many people have mentioned this, but I was laughing at HOW INTO the part of Miss Benning CY got. While VC looked like he wanted to crawl out of his skin during the proposal, CY was totally unfazed and playing up the theatrics.

Her father was right. Maybe CY's true calling is to be an actress.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

@Le_Amarant I watched it the moment it's released. I even subscribe to netflix just to watch it. Things i do for Jeon Yeo Been.

It may be too early to say that but i agree.  She has the similar vibe to Jeon Do Yeon and Bae Doo Na which exudes tough and dignified aura. She's made her name known to the industry's insider through After My Death but this movie solidified it, i can see her being cast as more complex character in the future. Because girl knows exactly how to excel her assignment. 

I saw this tweet wishing for JYB to stop choosing a suffering character. It's just a joke of course, but as much as i love to see her being badass, or her perfectly portrayed pained expression, i do wish to see her in a lighter yet meaningful role. I just love seeing her lovely side and want to see her being happy more.

I dont doubt her judgement anyway, she's picked good and challenging role until now. I will surely follow her every project. 

For SJK i watched most of his famous projects. But none of them impressed me so much and turned me into faithful fan. Kang Ma Ru in Innocent Man is quite interesting but the drama itself didnt appeal to me as much. Vincenzo is his best role so far.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

So for today the question is who save vincenzo 

1. His brother  never want to kill him only beat him and tell him about people  trying to hire him to kill him 

2. Luca  his friend  from Italy 

3. CY or the plaza  people  maybe both

4 .Jw  brother , he seem that he respect  vincenzo  when hen refuse to help family betray, maybe he didnt want him to get the family  betray  too , he maybe not be a good person  but he lived in madness family  to point he maybe need someone  who has some value 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 4

On 4/10/2021 at 1:43 AM, bee_wannabe said:

People are getting faster in uploading and translating the pre release clip. I guess it just shows how this drama is getting more and more attention from people compared to earlier episodes. 

CY calls VC "cassano" without 씨 or 님 the honorific. I call that progression. Yes, i'm easy to please :D. Now i'll be waiting for VC to call CY "cha youngie" or "cha youngah". I've seen the later being mentioned in making video, but greedy me need the actual scene in the drama. I find these nuances in korean quite interesting, you can see how a relationship progress just by the way they talk to/call each other.

SJK looks really good in this look:love:  He was the one who voted for CY :D

Thank you for explaining.  ! find these nuances in the language fascinating too.  How was she referring to him before?  What exactly does he call her? The English subtitles on Netflix aren't accurate with korean honorifics as they usually default to Mr/Ms.

On 4/10/2021 at 1:43 AM, bee_wannabe said:

I'm a bit conflicted about HS. I know he's corrupted soul due to the environment he's living. But still he has no problem in bringing harm to the babel victim's family. And i still cant compromise that act of his. Yes this topic is a bit grey, because to be fair, VC did kill people, and HS only exposed the babel victim identity, the one who conduct the plan is still JW and his men. But still.. If he ever gets to go to the good side hope he still has this act of redemption/remorse of what he's done before.

Is there anyone that feels JW-CY arc just evaporates way too fast and easily. I don't want unnecessary love triangle, but from the way they emphasize JW's affection towards CY in first episodes get me thinking that it will play bigger role in the drama. But then it just brushes away so easily and now the dynamics change to JW-MH instead.

I can't help but have some sympathy for HS due to his upbringing and I don't think he is inherently a bad person but I agree that he still needs to show genuine remorse and see some redemption. Maybe a lighter sentence if he goes to prison?

I totally agree about JW-CY.  It's just been shoved aside.  JYB and Taecyeon had really nice chemistry in their scenes together too.  It's  a shame because I think it would have fleshed out the character of JJW and made his relationship with CY and Vincenzo more dynamic.  it would also have been an interesting story arc for CY and I wouldn't mind seeing jealous Vincenzo^_^  I get the feeling there have been some significant rewrites for Taecyeon's character from how it was originally envisaged.  Remember the original synopsis was that he would work with VC and HCY and the actors mentioned how their relationship would be explored.  I definitely think part of it was the early reveal.  I still think if not for the casting  leak there would probably have been a plot where he was working with them and the twist would have been even more of a betrayal.

On 4/10/2021 at 2:42 AM, Le_Amarant said:

Not many people have mentioned this, but I was laughing at HOW INTO the part of Miss Benning CY got. While VC looked like he wanted to crawl out of his skin during the proposal, CY was totally unfazed and playing up the theatrics.

Her father was right. Maybe CY's true calling is to be an actress.

LMAO!  This! CY was having so much fun during the proposal.  I was laughing when she was pretending she was thinking about it and her dramatic acceptance.  And the way she presented her hand for the ring:lol:  I love her:lol:

Thank you for your lovely words about JYB  @Le_Amarant and @bee_wannabe 

I'm proud fan:please:

Lovely fanart for episode 14:yay:

New pic of Jipuragi family from Mr Nam's IG (@choorobh on IG):heart:

• Like 7

Kwak Dong Yeon Has An Interesting Offer For Song Joong Ki And Jeon Yeo Bin In “Vincenzo”

7a8f1afb239f4a2f81007458184f2d9f.jpeg?s=

Apr 10, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN’s “Vincenzo” has revealed new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

“Vincenzo” stars Song Joong Ki as Vincenzo Cassano, an Italian lawyer and Mafia consigliere who is of Korean descent, but was adopted by an Italian family at a young age. When he moves back to Korea due to a conflict within his organization, he winds up crossing paths with sharp-tongued lawyer Hong Cha Young (Jeon Yeo Bin). Together, they join forces in using villainous methods to take down villains who cannot be punished by the court of law.

Spoilers

Previously, Vincenzo showed brilliant teamwork with Hong Cha Young and the tenants of Geumga Plaza. Vincenzo and Hong Cha Young went to Ragusang Gallery and secured evidence that Jang Joon Woo (2PM’s Taecyeon) owned a paper company. However, Choi Myung Hee (Kim Yeo Jin) contacted Vincenzo’s brother and enemy Paolo (Salvatore Alfano) to get rid of him.

The next episode will contain unexpected twists, and one of them will be an encounter with Jang Han Seo (Kwak Dong Yeon), who is Jang Joon Woo’s younger half-brother. Jang Han Seo comes to Jipuragi Law Firm, and Vincenzo, Hong Cha Young, and Nam Joo Sung (Yoon Byung Hee) regard him coolly with unimpressed eyes. They’re not thrilled to see him, and they exude an unwelcoming aura, but they sit down to hear what he has to say first.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1463457wpp/kwak-dong-yeon-has-an-interesting-offer-for-song-joong-ki-and-jeon-yeo-bin-in-vincenzo

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

58 minutes ago, nona88 said:

Don't forget Inghazi! giphy.gif

I don't really like this new fashion of pre-release clips. The pre-release clips kind of take the suspense out of cliffhanger endings.

15 minutes ago, partyon said:

Guys, please let us know if any of you would like for us to put up a poll on this drama thread. Feel free to PM us any questions you have in mind.

Thank you! :kiss_wink:

Kind Regards,

Your Event Organizers

@partyon @Sleepy Owl @Lmangla

Thanks! :kiss_wink: I will have to think of a poll topic

15 minutes ago, larus said:

Kwak Dong Yeon Has An Interesting Offer For Song Joong Ki And Jeon Yeo Bin In “Vincenzo”

Thanks for always updating us with the latest articles:blush:

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

33 minutes ago, raziela said:

Don't forget Inghazi

I am sorry inghazi  

You right we shouldn't forget her, vincenzo  asked her to reply  him someday maybe she and her friends  will attack  vincenzo  enemy :joy: that going to be really super funny from the writer 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, nona88 said:

1. His brother  never want to kill him only beat him and tell him about people  trying to hire him to kill him 

2. Luca  his friend  from Italy 

3. CY or the plaza  people  maybe both

4 .Jw  brother , he seem that he respect  vincenzo  when hen refuse to help family betray, maybe he didnt want him to get the family  betray  too , he maybe not be a good person  but he lived in madness family  to point he maybe need someone  who has some value 

I'm placing my bets on number 4 - Jang Han Seo (we even have him in Jippuragi office as per the stills) and saving Vincenzo may be a window of opportunity for HS to gain his trust.

1 hour ago, raziela said:

SJK looks really good in this look:love:  He was the one who voted for CY :D

Thank you for explaining.  ! find these nuances in the language fascinating too.  How was she referring to him before?  What exactly does he call her? The English subtitles on Netflix aren't accurate with korean honorifics as they usually default to Mr/Ms.

The way they refer to each other is interesting. They almost never address each other with their first names - they just call each other using their title of Byeonhosa-nim (Sometimes CY calls him "Vinchenzo Quassano" though).

Their Sweetie-Darling endearment was the first I saw them address each other with anything apart from their titles.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

Not only was the “love” JJW had for HCY short lived but we still haven’t gotten Cha Young addressing Vincenzo’s killings. Please don’t let this be a plot hole that gets ignored.

Btw just watched night in paradise and boy JYB is my ultimate girl crush. She’s so badasssss. If you guys haven’t watched, you really should!

• Like 8

@raziela Just as what @Slyfindor said, they usually call each other byeonhosanim which means Mr/Ms. Lawyer.

3 hours ago, raziela said:

I get the feeling there have been some significant rewrites for Taecyeon's character from how it was originally envisaged. Remember the original synopsis was that he would work with VC and HCY and the actors mentioned how their relationship would be explored.  I definitely think part of it was the early reveal.  I still think if not for the casting  leak there would probably have been a plot where he was working with them and the twist would have been even more of a betrayal.

This. I second that. There seems to be a rewrite for his character. Or maybe we just haven't seen what the writer has in store for JW. I hope the writer can give more depth to JW not for me/viewers to empathize with him. Villain is villain. But for Taecyeon to get more justice to his first role after military service. I want to see him feeling pain or conflicted feelings instead of just hatred or artificial goof.

I'm going to sing another praises for JYB. Overall just like what SJK and JYB always say, the filming site and crew is so fun. We see bits where the staff keep laughing (especially the PD). But i also want to note that the staffs especially the cameramen laugh a lot because of YB. If JK made them laugh with his joke, CY made them laugh with her acting. Just like in the latest making, you can hear giggling voices (someone even said "i'm going crazy") behind the camera when YB is rehearsing her awkward american dialect korean. Seeing the staff, JK smiled along and said "can you give me an earplug?" 

Even the editor cant help showing his/her affection by adding the caption "CY who is loved wherever she is" (this one is shown when she was hugging Mrs. Lee and Mi Ri)

• Like 7
  • Love 2