[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

Vincenzo: Episode 15

by quirkycase

Vincenzo15-00962.jpg

Our leads get thrown a major curveball that calls for a new strategy. Thankfully, our consigliere has a secret weapon that could be a game changer. We get more undercover hijinks from our team – this time involving the impersonation of a shaman – that once again puts Babel in a tight spot and makes the chairman more determined than ever to see his ex-Mafia foe suffer.

EPISODE 15

Vincenzo15-01434.jpg

One of the hitmen relays Paolo’s message that so long as Vincenzo shows him respect, his death will be painless. Vincenzo shoots that down, and right as the man prepares to shoot, Inzaghi the pigeon makes an appearance. He calls all his birdy friends who rise up and swarm the men. (I swear, I’m not making this up.)

Vincenzo takes advantage of the chaos to grab one of the men and uses his gun to shoot his companion. He uses the second man as a shield when the third shoots, and then Vincenzo shoots the third man dead. With the crisis averted, Vincenzo watches pigeon Inzaghi fly off into the night.

Vincenzo meets Cha-young on the stairs and prevents her from going up. He suggests they drink in the office because of all the pigeon poop on the roof. When she blames Inzaghi, Vincenzo gets all offended on behalf of his bird savior.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/04/vincenzo-episode-15/

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, suzy0604 said:

Aww did SJK just told YJB that she should do sageuk cause she so pretty in hanbok?

Yes he did! :wub: He said nomu yeoppo! And our dramatic Queen Yeo Bin gave him a full bow. :lol: Can we see them both in a sageuk together, pretty please?

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Just noticed there are some clips shown in the episode 16 preview that we didn’t see yet. At 0:04, we see someone step on the bag of bungeoppang that Vincenzo bought for his mother. We also get Cha Young kneeling by his mother’s bedside (but it’s empty) and looking at the photo of V & his mom. Would there be someone else there working for Babel that came after Vincenzo left? :(

Also saw a photo of sjk and jyb filming by a river. It’s the same location of the photo that was released the other day where everyone wondered whether they were holding hands. They’re seen sitting on the rocks and facing the stream. Someone mentioned Vincenzo is crying but I can’t tell because it’s blurry. Seeing that they’re dressed in black, could it be that’s where he spreads his mother’s ashes? :( Just a thought. 

EDIT: here’s the photo

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNn5gX5FTKe/?igshid=vuq7wdx8e9x5

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 4/13/2021 at 3:29 AM, bee_wannabe said:

CMH is despicable. Someone has said it before she's narcissistic. She likes the idea of behaving like God just like JW which means she can control up to a person's life and death. But Kim Yeo Jin the actress is brilliant. I agree with @ryanallright the fact that all of us are disgusted by CMH only proves how well she acts. Just to shed some light to the actress.

Really. Oh mine, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Song Joong Ki, Jeon Yeo Bin, And 2PM’s Taecyeon Captivate On Set Of “Vincenzo”

3d114e23b8434c7b816fe60f56ad7234.jpeg?s=

Apr 14, 2021
by S. Nam

tvN’s “Vincenzo” shared a look at unreleased stills of Song Joong Ki, Jeon Yeo Bin, 2PM’s Taecyeon, and Yoon Bok In!

“Vincenzo” stars Song Joong Ki as Vincenzo Cassano, an Italian lawyer and Mafia consigliere who is of Korean descent but was adopted by an Italian family at a young age. When he moves back to Korea due to a conflict within his organization, he winds up crossing paths with sharp-tongued lawyer Hong Cha Young (Jeon Yeo Bin). Together, they join forces in using villainous methods to take down villains who cannot be punished by the court of law.

Spoilers

In last week’s broadcast, Jang Joon Woo (Taecyeon) and Choi Myung Hee (Kim Yeo Jin) killed Vincenzo’s birth mother Oh Kyung Ja (Yoon Bok In) to take away what was most precious to him. After punishing the culprit, Vincenzo went to look for the villains who had orchestrated the ordeal. At the end of the episode, Vincenzo aimed the gun and pulled the trigger at Jang Joon Woo with an expressionless gaze.

Vincenzo2.jpg

Ahead of its upcoming one-week hiatus, “Vincenzo” scored an average nationwide rating of 10.6 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all cable channels. The drama was also the most buzzworthy drama in the second week of April with Song Joong Ki, Jeon Yeo Bin, and Taecyeon placing No. 1, No. 2, and No. 6 respectively on the list of buzzworthy actors.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1464145wpp/song-joong-ki-jeon-yeo-bin-and-2pms-taecyeon-captivate-on-set-of-vincenzo

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Thanks all for the warm welcome :)

Just finished watching Ep 16 :D:D:D

I think Kopiko also contribute because of the placement on the moment been waiting for (after the kissing scene, and Jang Han Seo visits to Jipuragi)

Just kidding :D:D:D. Maybe just a coincidence.

The first time i saw Kopiko, suddenly i feel nostalgic. remembering my childhood TV ads Jingle "If you feel sleepy and cant drink coffee, Just take Kopiko, Coffee candy Kopiko." :D:D:D. Forgive me for my out of topic reply. :D

Hope they just use Byebye Balloon Service to send all the bad guys to random place :D

I love the earrings CY wears on Episode 14 on gallery and 16 and make her more badass

and the cool theme song whenever cool event take place or cool character appears. Like at the end of episode 6, When Mr Ahn come to save VC on Eps 11 and when Inzaghi and friends come to save VC Eps 15(I laughed so hard). :D

Only 4 Episodes left,

- VC can just directly shoot JJW, but JHS will stop VC (maybe JHS carry the revolver with him all the time?) JHS prefer to avoid unneccesary bloodshed.

- VC shoot JJW, JJW dies. JHS take control of the leadership in Babel with Wusang Boss male help. together they will build Babel in the good direction. The battle will switch to between VC and JHS. VC will still want to bring down babel, while JHS wants to protect babel.

- More bodyguard shows up and no one dies. VC escape.

- VC Shoot Jang Han Seo. an eye for an eye. in this case family member :D

- for the gold, maybe the hacker lady can open the safe.

- In case the G file is stolen or destroyed. Hope Mr. Nam at Jipuragi already memorized/copy all the content inside the file.

- If the G file has the dirt secret of Mr. Ahn boss at International Security Intelligence Agency. Maybe Mr. An can take control of the force within ISIA and arrest his boss. and be promoted and continue to arrest all the guilty names on the file.

Cant wait for the last 4 episodes. :D:D

• Like 5

After all the news in dramaland due to KJH and  SYJ relationship, im grateful that our couple in this drama is showing good relationship, both on and off screen, despite SJK being the bigger star.

I just wanna say, dont kill Vincenzo's character at the end of the drama! We need happy ending after soo much blood has been shed due to greed and gold B)

• Like 1

Welcome back to the thread! I hope you are feeling better @mystic62  :blush:

On 4/12/2021 at 6:49 AM, bee_wannabe said:

After going back to that scene i got what Mr.Tak is saying. To add to what you said, he also said that things are becoming complicated because VC keeps meddling with others' affair and he notes that VC is indeed korean after all. I really like this saying. Another subtle mesage from the writer. Despite being raised in Europe VC has the overly caring attitude of Korean. It's a virtue in most asian countries (actually it depends on the individual but still in some countries this virtue is stronger). Although it can be annoying at times this attitude is actually a good virtue and much needed to bring equality in society.

Speaking of Mr. and Mrs. Lee, i think it is hinted that they used to have a kid (episode 11 as reference) because Mr. Lee said he just wants to make Dal Rae proud of his dad. This kid might have died to whatever reason it is and make them stop the thug life, hide their talent and maybe stop the thought of having babies again. I conclude this because Mrs. Teokbokki asked him if he changes his mind after hearing the pregnancy plan. I think most of these geumga tenants yearn for a meaningful life/job but they lack the tools to do so. Once this charismatic mafia who has the power, brain, and money come to back them up, they gain their courage to contribute more in bringing down the bad people. This also encourages Lee couple to accept their past and move on with their life hence they are open to having baby again.

I like your new profile picture :fullofhearts:

I do remember that mention but as it was said without context during more shouting from the pawnship couple it didn't really make any impact.  A lot of people skip over the annoying scenes with the GP residents.  I guess we will get the backstory in the upcoming 4 episodes.  I agree with your take on how Vincenzo has helped them.  However, I think the writer missed the opportunity to develop the GP characters over the course of the drama to make their development and VC's impact on them more meaningful. I think another problem is there are just too many of them.  I feel like the writer could have cut two or three of the residents and it would make no difference.  I actually really like all the actors playing the GP tenants so this isn't meant as a slight on them but more so on how their characters were handled. 

On 4/12/2021 at 8:06 AM, hankukin said:

I definitely also took note of and appreciated Mr. Tak’s passing remark. It marks another instance where VC is accepted and embraced by the motley Geumga crew as both family and a fellow countryman, almost like a rite of passage. In the earlier episodes, VC was viewed as an untrustworthy, foreign interloper whose sole purpose was to take away the place the Geumga Plaza residents call home. Hong Yoo-chan even berates VC for stirring trouble and gruffly tells him to « go back home » to Italy, not knowing that VC was flying back to Korea upon being rejected by his Mafia family, and by extension the very country he’s come to regard as home.

that isn’t to say that coming back to Korea is like a tearful homecoming. In fact, quite the opposite. After being abandoned by his mother and sent abroad, he no longer has any real ties to his birth country, and only views his stay in Korea as a necessary layover to collect his stash of gold. When he visits his mother in prison, he states that he won’t be here for long because « this isn’t his country. » However, while he attempts to adopt a matter of fact attitude about it, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know just how deeply scarring it is for him to not have a sense of belonging anywhere. His words carry a lot of venom meant to hurt his mother, but also profound resignation because he’s always been an outsider.

Fast forward to yesterday’s episode, VC’s moment on the rooftop with Mr. Tak is like a verbal acknowledgment of him no longer being an outsider. In his time with the Geumga residents, he has very much found a family that cares about him and accepts him for who he is.

Excellent comment!  I really enjoyed reading yours and @bee_wannabe's insightful analysis of Mr Tak's words particularly how Vincenzo is no longer an outsider. 

On 4/12/2021 at 9:07 PM, Sleepy Owl said:

Chingus, what a week it was, and the episodes are getting intense every week. I have been loving the plot development happening here and hope that it will continue being great and end quite well. Of course Jang Han Suk and Choi Myung Hee made the worst move ever by killing Vincenzo's mother. I really thought they planning to kidnap her, but the looks of it, after losing every time against him, and seeing their plans failing, they decided to have a small victory. 

I knew they were going to end it at a cliffhanger, but what a cliffhanger that is!!! I don't think he will shoot Choi Myung Hee, I wonder if he'll warn them the final time, "I can get anywhere you are hiding no matter how tight the security is, so don't try touching someone near me again" kind of thing maybe. But I would not mind seeing Choi Myung Hee dying, although I would love to see her end up in prison. That lady just thinks she is above all, but has been failing miserably all the time. At the same time, she has been scared of Vincenzo since the start, he never failed to terrorize her, be it the truck incident, or sending the pics of dead Italian hitmen to her (she was literally shivering with fear after looking it) or be it now when he showed her firsthand what he is capable of doing. 

What I loved was the mother son bonding here. Of course Vincenzo never got the chance to call her mom, but I think he did enough to not regret much. Things got clear between them, he knew she didn't just abandon him for no reason, she actually did it worrying about him if she died due to cancer and that she has regretted doing it all through her life now feeling guilty about it. I really think she also knew Vincenzo was her son, but was just not saying since she was waiting for him to come forward as she felt too ashamed to do it. I was really scared she would die without them going out and spending time together, so even though I am sad about her death, I am happy she was happy in her final days, and think her regrets did become less if not completely vanish. 

I look forward to the final showdown between Vincenzo and Babel group. Some development and plot involvement for Jang Han Seo too, poor guy was just either plotting or trying to find ways to survive. But he did a great job by saving the Geumga plaza here. I really wonder if Vincenzo will really give him the Babel group, or ask him to start afresh doing what he loves to do and not what he thinks he is supposed to do. I think Jang Han Seo was never free, and the best ending for him would be for him to be free and doing what he loves doing. 

By the way Chingus, the poll is up for this week's episodes, please don't forget to vote :heartxoxo:

Re: @partyon, @Lmangla

Thank you for the poll!

I agree. I don't think he will kill them either just because of the simple fact we know we still have 4 episodes left!:lol:  i think this will be a "warning" and a vow that he will take them down.

Yes, his mother had certainly already deduced who he really was before this heartbreaking episode.  I think she already knew deep down when he came to visit her in prison.  I'm so glad they at least had this time together :bawling:  Also I have praised SJK's acting but I should also praise Yoon Bok-in for her wonderful acting as Oh Gyeong-ja too.  The BTS from episode 15-16 where both actors were still emotional after filming the photography studio scene shows the depth of their acting.

On 4/13/2021 at 12:05 AM, realistic2280a said:

Question...

1.what does the name Inzaghi means?

2. It was obviously 2 different piegons, the one which saved Vincenzo was much chubbier than the one that stayed outside his bedroom window... hehe

The piegon is part of the building residents if one wants to think about it...

Reminds me of my neighbour's wild piegon.. they didnt actually breed it, but every night it would stay stand/sleep? on the window shed alone... looks very lonely, i wonder where its partner is... B)

1. Pigeon inzaghi appears to be named after the famous italian footballer Filippo Inzaghi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filippo_Inzaghi

2. From the BTS saviour Inzaghi is all special effects!  So maybe they used different studios for the different scenes.

The pigeon is more popular than any of the residents according to the results of @Sleepy Owl's poll:lol:

Your neighbour's pigeon should join Inzaghi's gangB)

On 4/13/2021 at 10:28 PM, mystic62 said:

Aiyaaahh! Guess who's making his appearance again in the upcoming episodes...It's Lucaaaa!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNntWQKhakr/

Yayyy! Hottie Luca is coming. His caption "Mr Corn Salad":lol::lol::lol:

On 4/13/2021 at 10:59 PM, shinystar1985 said:

Just noticed there are some clips shown in the episode 16 preview that we didn’t see yet. At 0:04, we see someone step on the bag of bungeoppang that Vincenzo bought for his mother. We also get Cha Young kneeling by his mother’s bedside (but it’s empty) and looking at the photo of V & his mom. Would there be someone else there working for Babel that came after Vincenzo left? :(

Also saw a photo of sjk and jyb filming by a river. It’s the same location of the photo that was released the other day where everyone wondered whether they were holding hands. They’re seen sitting on the rocks and facing the stream. Someone mentioned Vincenzo is crying but I can’t tell because it’s blurry. Seeing that they’re dressed in black, could it be that’s where he spreads his mother’s ashes? :( Just a thought. 

EDIT: here’s the photo

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNn5gX5FTKe/?igshid=vuq7wdx8e9x5

This hospital needs to sort it's security out if another Babel goon gets in right after someone has been murdered in the room:angry:

Thank you for the picture.  Looks like it will be a very emotional scene. Vincenzo finally showing his vulnerable side:bawling::bawling::bawling:

15 hours ago, suzy0604 said:

A preview for the special episode?

SJK and JYB look tired, but still so stunning!

Thank you for posting!  They must be filming around the clock. They do look tired (but still gorgeous obviously!  i hope SJK is styled in this outfit in one of the upcoming episodes because wow:love: ) The special looks fun!  The cast are the cutest:lol:

6 hours ago, TheaN said:

From Taec's IG story

Reveal hidden contents

So JJW is alive for the final episode.  Then BIG FINISH??

spacer.png

Many thanks for that spoiler!  So at least we know they are filming the final episode now. No wonder they needed an extra week! It is still going to be extra tight to film everything and edit but the break has given them a few more days.

• Like 7
  • Blob 1