[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

4 hours ago, inceptmirrors said:

That ending scene alone deserves an award like the build up from arriving at the murderer's house to arriving at Jang Han-seok's place was everything like I watched it twice.

Also now I need to try espresso from a ceramic cup! 

Yeah definitely!

And yes, enjoying espresso in a ceramic cup is a must because ceramic retains the heat longer than a glass cup or any other cup. You know, I might compile screenshots of Vincenzo drinking espresso hahaha It's funny how he shifted to instant coffee in today's episode though.

• Like 5

What make HS and MH think killing VZ's mother will do any good to them? He is in the mafia and they saw what he did to his rivals in Italy. HS & MH don't think ahead about the plan and outcome. All they did is bring out the killer side of VZ. I hope VZ harms one of the two. I seriously cannot let it be a "warning" like the past. VZ should hurts them bad. 

• Like 8

This episode was amazing.

but I realized something from this episode. It means that Vincenzo wasn’t the one that had the man killed in prison(episode 4) when Hong Yu Chan died but rather Choi Myung Hee killed him for ratting her out to Vincenzo. Wow, that woman knows no bounds, I can’t wait to see what our Vincenzo does to her.

I cried so much when his mother said ‘Ju hyeong ah’. I was actually waiting for her to call him by his Korean name and she did and it hurts so much to think that these two were on the verge of reconciling as mother and son. Thank you Chayoung for pushing Vinnie and making him take her out for that walk, hug and picture. 

SJK is so amazing, the scene where he starts punching the murderer in his apartment wow. He started out hitting him emotionless but as he kept hitting, you could see the emotion coming in his eyes as if remembering all the opportunities that were taken from him by killing his mother. I cried so much because you can see he’s in so much pain. And I have never seen someone strangling another person without seeming to not put in pressure but you can actually feel the pressure lol  I don’t know if people will get it. But that strangling scene was so good. 

Please let these two weeks come soon

• Like 10

5 hours ago, itsmeash said:

Vincenzo and Cha Young deserve to be happy together in the end after all the crap they have been put though in this show.

** can we talk about V turning cold, but still waiting for CY to give him the go ahead to make them pay before he really went for it. or is this just my mind spinning it as such? lol.

Yes, gosh... they deserve a happy ending, they are the closest thing to a family to each other, no correct that they are family. She knows him better than anyone, and vice ver sa. They except and understand each other good and bad sides.

She gently urge Vincent to be closer to his mom but still respecting his pace, and you are right, at that moment we could almost see his face seems glad that CY give the OK.

6 hours ago, ponderings said:

Your entire post, especially this part described SJK's acting so well. 

And in the ending, when the camera panned closer to SJK's face, his eyes were extremely soulless and dark. It gave me goosebumps. Also the way Vincenzo killed the murderer. A shot in the head right in front of Choi Myung hee !!!!!!

5 hours ago, shinystar1985 said:

THIS!! Couldn’t have described it more perfectly. I had the chills and felt a sense of emptiness in my heart. And the way he was interrogating the hit man so calmly, breaking his fingers one by one. The look in his eyes remained unchanged, cold dark and soulless. 

I wonder what will VC turn into, if they even dare to touch a single hair of CY?  I hope VC would just kill em on the next ep or, they might harm CY to get to the file and gold. But, since we got 4 more episodes, I dont think he will.

• Like 10

Episode 16’s ending was just brilliant! Just as a Myung Hee was being horrible to Dongsaeng and Partner, she got blood on her face and Vincenzo bursting though like a superhero.

Also, RickRoll'D at killing his mom and dancing about it. Made no sense.

do we have a preview for next week?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, suzy0604 said:

I wonder what will VC turn into, if they even dare to touch a single hair of CY?  I hope VC would just kill em on the next ep or, they might harm CY to get to the file and gold. But, since we got 4 more episodes, I dont think he will.

What if they kidnap Cha Young and use her as trade off for the guilliton file? Or a way for Vincenzo to trade himself in for her. Now that they’ve killed his mother, the most precious thing next to him is her. I don’t see them leaving her alone. If it means we will get a confession out of them, I’m all for it lol.

Also the recently leaked filming photos look like they’re on their way to kick butt in court. Before I thought it was his mother’s retrial but we know now it isn’t. Maybe they will punish Babel and wuisang by law after all? Though I honestly have zero hope in the justice system seeing how literally everyone is corrupt. Throwing them in jail wouldn’t do justice. I want Vincenzo to slowly torture them to their death. Yea psychotic but they deserve nothing less. 

• Like 12

Episode 16 was phenomenal! WOW! We have to wait two weeks but what an episode to take a break on.

I say this every week but each week Song Joong Ki astonishes me yet again.  Song Joong Ki's acting range and emotions in this episode was just breathtaking.  I really hope he is at least nominated for a Baeksang award.  He deserves some awards recognition and TVN don't have an award ceremony.

Every single scene with Vincenzo's mother had me teary-eyed today. Their scenes together were heartbreaking.

giphy.gif

i can't believe they really killed Vincenzo's mama off!:bawling::bawling::bawling:  I thought maybe they would abduct her something but I didn't think the drama would be cruel enough to kill her off.  How much pain has this woman gone through in her life?

Lung cancer

Forced to give her son up and was unable to find him

Sexually harassed

Falsely accused and imprisoned for life

The family continues to harass her

Pancreatic cancer

Lives a lonely life filled with guilt for losing her son

Finally reunites with her son and she is murdered in cold blood
:crybaby:Thank you so much to Cha Young for helping them to spend time together and take those precious pictures before the end.  At least they had a chance to make those precious, happy memories.

10 hours ago, tiMadam said:

Also the watch can means that he will kill him and take it as a memento 

Yes. I'm beginning to think the watch means he has marked Han Seo as one of his murder victims.  Perhaps that is why they have made him more and more likeable so the audience is more emotionally invested in his character:(

7 hours ago, shinystar1985 said:

Tonight’s episode was :onfirex:

SJK’s acting is amazing!! He’s got the look to kill (both physically and literally) with fire spewing from his eyes. Just what were psychopath Han Seok and Myung Hee thinking killing his mother? No good could come from that. They should run right about now.

Spoiler

The thing with the villains of this drama is they’re not smart nor strategic. They always resort to one method to hopefully solve all their problems and that’s murder. Just scums with no moral compass. They don’t actually have any brain power which makes sense why they’re no match for Vincenzo. I honestly can entertain the idea of Vincenzo killing them off now but of course we still have 4 episodes left so that won’t happen. But boy would it be satisfying for me!

Vincenzo really needed a hug. :tears: But I love how understanding and supportive Cha Young always is. She always has an accurate read on him and so down with his antics. She deserves an appreciation post! Telling him to go make them pay. She‘s always there to back him up when he needs her and doesn’t try to stand in his way, ever. Like the saying goes, behind every successful man is a strong woman. She truly is his rock. Her effort to mend his relationship with his mother is so sweet. Thanks to her, he was able to make some memories. :bawling:  And while they never spoke directly as mother and son, I’m happy they were able to have the conversations they did. Vincenzo and Cha Young better be endgame!! She’s all he’s got, wholeheartedly. 

Like some have mentioned, I’m starting to grow fond of the tenants (though small doses of them is preferred since time is of the essence and I rather see V+CY onscreen :lol:). But I’m happy Vincenzo have people on his side who’s like family. I actually quite love the bye bye balloon trio. Their onscreen presence is always hilarious and not as irritating as some others. They were the comedic relief in this episode before it went dark and I lol’d at Vincenzo not wanting to be their model but simultaneously being their model. :lol:

Two weeks is going to be a long time. But I can assure you all it’s going to be worth the wait!

Great post!  Remember Cha Young said Myung Hee uses such old-fashioned methods and it's true.  No finesse. It's all murder, violence and thugs.  She is so despicable she makes a cowardly, suck-up sycophant snake like Seung-hyuk look angelic in comparison.

Always here for a Cha Young appreciation post.  i really love their dynamic and that she is so understanding of his feelings and the way he thinks.  Most of all that she doesn't reject his Mafia side.  i think that is going to be an important part of Vincenzo's character development especially after his talk with Hong Sik (so glad he finally got some character development).  He needs to embrace that part of himself rather than try to erase it.  i wonder if that means we will have Mafia styling Vincenzo back for the rest of the drama?

The Bye Bye Balloon team led by Park Seok Do are the funniest characters for me alongside Mr Nam.  The photoshoot that wasn't a photoshoot was so fun:lol: We know that Vincenzo is actually a bit vain about his good looks so we know he was secretly enjoying it:lol:

The tenants are definitely getting more likeable in their small doses and it's sweet how they have become a little family for Vincenzo.  i just think it's such a shame that the writer waited until three quarters through the drama to make them tolerable and flesh them out a little.

4 hours ago, Le_Amarant said:

Okay, I see alot of comments about how dumb Han-seok and Myung-hee are to do what they did, and how the villians are stupid, but I think it's absolutely in line with their characters.

Han-seok is a chaebol heir. He was born to privilege. He killed 4 classmates and his father covered it up for him. For his entire life, he has done whatever he wants to do, act impulsively, not give a sh!t, and has come out fine and dandy. He has never had to strategize or think about consequences. It's absolutely on-character for him to take ham-fisted actions and then be utterly shocked when things don't pan out the way they did his entire life.

His brother, Han-seo is actually smarter than Han-seok because he's lived in fear and had to think in order to survive.

This is a great analysis of Han Seok.  Even when he gets really angry and starts smashing things and screaming he is like a brat having a tantrum.  Han Seo might be a bit slow academically but he is clever in his own way because he has had to keep on his toes to survive around his psychopath brother.  I totally understand why he has gravitated towards Vincenzo after years of being terrorised.  Not only is Vincenzo an alpha male who has shown he isn't remotely intimidated by Han Seok but he showed he valued loyalty and family which is a foreign concept to Han Seok.  Not only has Han Seo joined VC's fanclub but I think he is looking a bit at Vincenzo as his saviour - maybe even the older brother he didn't have.  HS felt all these years there was no way out but now here is someone who has the courage and skills to go toe to toe with his brother and take him down.

4 hours ago, Naty828 said:

For an Italian, mother and family are very important, it is not something to joke with, what they thought in ordering such a mess that he would not react, the mafia uses a lot of revenge if you hurt the family even for thinking about it involves a retaliation. But she don't really know how criminal organizations operate? don't exist in Asia? although she is a former prosecutor she has no knowledge of it.

She does not remember the photos she saw, they show that they are dealing with a hitman, not a thief or a bag holder. if he has left his organization then he is like a very dangerous dog. The stepbrother has perfectly understood but they treat him as incapable

All of this!  Even in the Mafia there is an unwritten rule you don't go after family who are not involved in the "business" - especially somebody's mother.  That is the lowest of the low because mothers are considered sacred. Vincenzo always says he won't harm women or children and I think that might be the ONLY thing that will save Myung Hee from getting her evil head blown off.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

How the heck are the writers going to resolve all the storylines in the next 4 episodes?

- Babel storyline. Myung-hee and Han-seok definitely need to be dealt with. Not sure if Han-seo and the Wusang CEO will be able to go scot-free

- Gold storyline

- Prosecutor Jung needs to be punished

- The intelligence agency CEO is working with Babel

- Chayenzo love storyline (?)

Are they going to lessen or abandon the Chayenzo storyline completely in order to tie everything else up? GAHHHHHH.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

42 minutes ago, Le_Amarant said:

How the heck are the writers going to resolve all the storylines in the next 4 episodes?

- Babel storyline. Myung-hee and Han-seok definitely need to be dealt with. Not sure if Han-seo and the Wusang CEO will be able to go scot-free

- Gold storyline

Are they going to lessen or abandon the Chayenzo storyline completely in order to tie everything else up? GAHHHHHH.

I think it’s still doable considering there’s 4 episodes left and each episode is 1 hr and 20 mins long. Regular dramas, that would be more than 5 episodes and a lot can happen in 5 episodes. Anybody else constantly check when you watch each episode how much time you have left because you don’t want it to end? I do that every episode. 

So I was just thinking more about the Cha Young kidnap scenario and I’m leaning towards them using her as a trade off for the guilliton file more than anything else. Vincenzo using the guilliton file to defeat Babel and Wuisang is too easy of a route. So that file will wound up in Babel’s hands one way or another. I’ve watched far too many dramas to know the very thing that’s put in to supposedly bring the bad guys to ruins is never used. Instead the protagonist will find another way. Reason they haven’t used it yet. Just my thoughts. 

@raziela The nominees are out?! Hooray! Any idea if he’s up for Daesang? Honestly think he deserves it! He has outdone himself as Vincenzo. 

Was JYB not nominated for any categories? Which means we won’t get to see our OTP together there? :( She definitely deserves recognition for her role too!! 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Le_Amarant said:

- Gold storyline

I think I need to add one more, VC's Italian mafia brother. I dont think his brother will stop trying to kill him, now that he knows where his whereabouts.

He also made a call to Luca in ep.15, and Luca upcoming appearance in Korea should be about his Italian brother.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

2 hours ago, shinystar1985 said:

@raziela The nominees are out?! Hooray! Any idea if he’s up for Daesang? Honestly think he deserves it! He has outdone himself as Vincenzo. 

i don't think the Daesang nominees are named yet.  i do agree he deserves it!  He is incredibly talented.

No nomination for our JYB:tears:

It was highly unlikely but I was also secretly hoping Yoo Jae Myung would get nominated for Papa Hong.

2 hours ago, suzy0604 said:

I think I need to add one more, VC's Italian mafia brother. I dont think his brother will stop trying to kill him, now that he knows where his whereabouts.

He also made a call to Luca in ep.15, and Luca upcoming appearance in Korea should be about his Italian brother.

I agree. I still think his Mafia past has a part to play. That chapter isn't closed yet. Looking forward to more Luca (he's hot!) and SJK speaking Italian (also hot!):bashful:

By the way, did anyone think it was unusual Vincenzo didn't tell Cha Young what happened on the roof at the beginning of episode 15?  I wonder why he kept it from her?

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Le_Amarant said:

GODDAMN SONG JOONG KI CAN ACT. Episode 16 was a virtuoso acting performance! That RANGE! 

Bows down. 

SONG JOONG KI DESERVES THE DAESANG AWARD FOR HIS ACTING!!! 

Lierally need to bow down to him. Episode 16 was magnificent- he just gets better and better.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 4

Song Joong Ki. OMG SJK!! The last 10 minutes is fire. I'll state the obvious : just like Hong Cha Young is Jeon Yeo Been, Vincenzo is Song Joong Ki. The roles are tailor made for them. No actually they have become their roles. And for me that is the highest praise for an actor when he/she has become one with the character. 

@raziela i'm glad that you mention that conversation between VC and Hong Shik. I love that conversation. Although part of me still feel conflicted about it since it means that each of us just need to do well in what we do and not to meddle with others and this world's affair. I need to go back to that scene to digest it. 

VC will not kill them that's for sure. He said it several times to CY that you need to be as cold as you can in avenging people. The intention of his whole act besides making his mom's killer to pay for what he did is also giving the last warning to JW and MH that they better know their enemy well, because he's not someone they can mess around with.

JW is pure psychopath. It's unbelievable how he can act so empathetic to OKJ. He casually mention how he's envious to VC because his father never loves him the way OKJ loves VC. If we see this scene before the reveal that he's babo people can easily take his side. But then several minutes after that he looks so happy and orders MH to execute the plan well. He even DANCE :rage: enjoying their success in killing OKJ. 

If they ever use CY to threaten VC which i think will take JW to handle her himself. I bet CY will be able to fight back. Not necessarily with strength but with her brain, quick wit, and quirk. My strong girl will not let herself be a hindrance to VC

Here's new pic from the filming site

Spoiler

• Like 7
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, Le_Amarant said:

Shucks. JYB didn't get nominated for a Baeksang. Guess it's because she didn't have as big of scenes as SJK. Hope she gets recognized in the future. She's a gem of an actress. 

I think she will be nominated for other awards this year, if not for Vincenzo, perhaps for her perfomance in One Night in Paradise, she was stellar.

1 hour ago, raziela said:

By the way, did anyone think it was unusual Vincenzo didn't tell Cha Young what happened on the roof at the beginning of episode 15?  I wonder why he kept it from her?

Now that you mentioned it, yes it was pretty unusual for him, if he doesnt want CY to see the dead bodies he could just tell her. Perhaps, he doesnt want her involve in his italian mafia problem?

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, bee_wannabe said:

Here's new pic from the filming site

Looks like a perfect location for a kiss scene. :lol: It was here Vincenzo told Cha Young he prefers a love with no reason. Can this come full circle with a confession and kiss?

1 hour ago, raziela said:

Could it be that Cha Young is still in the dark about his killings? I mean she knows but he has never confirmed it with his own mouth. Again I still think the conversation need to be had. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1