[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

‘Moonlight Drawn by Clouds’ disciplined for indecency

Updated : October 20 2016
A-
A+

State-run media watchdog has decided to take administrative action against KBS 2TV’s popular TV series “Moonlight Drawn by Clouds” Wednesday, a day after the finale, for indecent scenes featuring the adolescent female lead Kim Yoo-jung.

“The series aired some scenes of Kim, a 16-year-old actress, kissing 23-year-old Park Bo-gum,” said the Korean Communication Standards Commission. “Such scenes might have a detrimental effect on adolescent viewers.”

(KBS 2TV)

Moreover, the depiction of Kim wrapping her chest to conceal her sexual identity in the first episode has also led to disciplinary action.

“We are concerned about the indecent scenes featuring child actors,” the watchdog added. “Broadcasters should take a more cautious stance on having child actors play the role of an adult.”

Korean law stipulates that a person under the age of 19 is deemed a minor. 

Some viewers filed a complaint to the governmental body, after “feeling uncomfortable,” according to the KCSC in September. 

The subsidiary of Korea Communication Commission saw the scenes as a violation of Article 45, as the network TV had allowed the child actors to appear in indecent scenes. The broadcaster, however, will not be subjected to fines or punishment.

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com) 

http://m.kpopherald.com/view.php?ud=201610201417093333731_2

• Like 16

@nonski I didn;t think you will still be lurking around. I am still trying to back read....can you imagine...still back reading after the drama ended.

By the way I haven;t watched the last ep with subs yet. Not ready to watch yet...not ready to end Moonlight yet! 

Be back when I finally watch :)  Will I see you in the other thread? 

• Like 19

3 hours ago, nonski said:

Woah! I was away since the last episode and here we are 46 pages shy away of reaching my dream #postgoals of 1500 pages!!!

Well a bit sad too because when I came back, it's not [Current Drama 2016] anymore but [Drama 2016], the reality hits back at me that it's really done!

*** and the last time i checked we even surpassed the "other" thread already.  i'm so proud of you Moonlighters!

now i can't just possibly be back without my cherished character... Yoon-sung, my dear Yoon-sung! well, this was taken during the fansign from JY's IG update.

and another from his IG update... Yoon-sung, MY KING OF HANBOK!  (i will try to post later a compilation of him in his beautiful hanboks)

some thoughts:

1. I am happy that in the end everything was wrapped up well... LY lives on as the king and was able to carry his ideals into the throne.  Along with it he was able to secure his love too. Lee Young's character was initially shown as mischievous and without a sense of purpose.  Then we were made to realize in succeeding episodes that he is a man of his own, who acts as if he has nothing better to do yet something more clever is up his sleeve.  I love how he make the villains underestimate him then they pull the rug under them.  Till the end, LY was constant with this trait and it's funny how the villains were never able to understand him. :) 

2. Ra-on. I love how spunky she was especially in episode 1-3.  Then she entered the palace and everything changed.  She fell in love.  She had to protect hes love.  There were so many instances when her character and even KYJ was criticized.  Her not wearing hanboks, her not being spunky, her ... etc. etc. etc.  I guess this people who had been complaining were not actually watching Moonlight at all. RO was one of the most beautiful character in this drama.  Well i think all of the four main leads are special.  But she shone every time she acted on screen. She was beautiful even in eunuch clothes and how come people keep asking her to wear hanboks when she is a he inside the palace, just think back of the commotion of finding one inside her quarters.  Not being spunky, some people need to get real, she is not just anymore but the palace.  This is not her place to be spunky when all she is trying to do is to hide from eunuch's clothes and fall in love with LY. :) 

3. I guess, I will infinitely be dissatisfied with this part of the drama, of Yoonsung dying. In my rational mind, I had been preparing myself because it was consistent with the novel and the drama had so far been in line with what was written in the drama.  I was hoping that at some point, they'd give him a different ending.  He deserves one right? In all the episodes we've watched we have seen him always saving the day so why when he needs saving no one was there for him.  Well, RO was there, he died in his arms and it is I guess his ultimate wish to die in her arms.  RO acknowledging him as a good person.  It is actually his best way out, dying while protecting RO that is so in line with his character since the story  started.  I am just sad that despite everything that he did he just died there.  At least when Kim Hyung was taken as a corpse, he was there to take care of him, importantly it was shown to us.  Maybe just maybe he would have lived if he was taken cared of like BY.  With all of his good deed I wish there were people who are there for him.  It seemed the story just ended and he was just forgotten.  I guess the story took the higher road and focused on the the prince's accomplishing his goals.  Just as RO was there for JY when he died, I guess, I am one of those that needs to see LY take some time to appreciate YS.  He would have been dead had it not been for  YS. I just wanted him to enjoy life as he wanted.  He would have traveled and I hope he would have found a girl that is right for him.  He could have helped later in LY's court as someone with a vast knowledge.  But no, I can't imagine about that anymore because yeah he was dead already.  No more happy open endings for YS. I guess this is where the concept of the drama W comes in, where you are still able to imagine a whole new life for the characters despite the story ending.  Aigoo... nevermind my rant on this.  I understand why his death was staged as such but I just can't accept it. (The drama did not stick with the novel's ending so it should not have stick with YS's story, IMO.) I don't think I will be able to get over YS's death in the near future.

4. BY, Kim Hyung, I guess I just wanted him to be with the prince and back at the palace despite him doing more better things.

Well for the rest, Moonlight was one epic drama.  I never would have watched it live and recapped and roll call every episode if it had not been the case.  In my book Moonlight will remain to be one of the best and tightly written shows where we were given really good cliffhangers and most of all this drama delivers in terms of dialogues.  I think I won't be able to stop comparing this show with what will come along in the future.  The witty dialogues, the fun conversations among the characters and the beautiful cinematography as well the as the really handsome outfits of Yoonsung. I love how they used the clothing to make him stand out as someone who had class and wit.  

It had also been my pleasure to met such wonderful people in this thread.  You, Moonlighters are one of the best I had the honor of meeting.  I had always said that no matter how good or bad the drama is, the viewing experience is enhanced because we are watching it together, squeeing together, crying together, reading the analysis of wonderful people in this thread, sharing photos and videos whenever we see one.  It would not have been the same if there is no thread such as this and for that thank you to Maetawinz.

May make a special mention to my dongsaeng @Jillia, it's so nice to be reunited and loving the same drama again after Flower Boy Next Door.  Your insightful posts are a delight for each reader and your blog on the costumes is awesome.  Thank you so much for sharing your love for Moonlight with us.

Also to my dongsaeng @jeonghyang for always joining this thread.  They say a picture speaks a thousand words but a GIf speaks millions. :) Okay i just made that up.  Thank you for always starting off each cap with the mention of this noona, i really appreciate that.

and another dongsaeng who spoils me when I ask for translation from previous drama... @stroppyse thank you for the translations, insightful and informative posts (they sound the same but just let met) (tsk where is the insightful button when you need one! bring it back soompi!)

Everyone in this thread had been so lovely, helpful and a good watching companion. I won't be able to thank you guys enough.  @pyoyong for your comic relief and providing us the battle mechanics when we need one. @Grace1003 @YeuBacMou @Naruto_7th_Hokage @bebe1989 @syeramy who were my first co-livebloggers when the thread first started, again mian if i missed anyone.  Any thread would not be complete wihout your c-strips my dear chingu @Ahpheng! Chingu @tiendoank thanks for initiating the YSFC! That is one of the primary reasons why i set up the Jinyoung/Yoonsung thread.  To my precious YS fans @lovehbhjw2013 @JinyoungFox @ricerascal67 @febz and more. To my chingu @moodypie for coming back the the soompi thread because of Moonlight, your posts are always insightful and fun. To wonderful posters @Bambiina @NRGchick.

I will just mention everyone for the last time.  I tried to complete my list as much as I can but well... i am sorry if i missed on anyone.

@Grace1003 @denarvie @jeonghyang @sebnem @lovehbhjw2013 @Bambiina @iamia @bebe1989 @Jillia @syeramy @browngirl @_Nachan07 @Yongzura @mujay @i.am.bugz.funny @mooomoo @Naruto_7th_Hokage @Ahpheng @YeuBacMou @moodypie @valsava @alekaonu @ruzikie @Nodame @angelangie @herlina28 @kaqueski @Lawyerh @spidy08 @egp @limkopi @Luc- @xoxgossipgirl @gf sherry @dahae2006 @JexxaS @ahappygoluckygirl0918 @honeywell @intanr @sojisoban @JackieOnTheRocks@pyoyong @enilec_15 @WildDivine69 @alekaonu @uglypearl @minsunie @BiggyQ @be99lle @tikasari @nambunny373 @4nnlov3pink @kyonkichi78 @sharone_pink @cutekimichan @thephamle @tiendoank @akikisetsu @mecattsumori @missjang @darafangirl29 @ireumimolla @anne1101 @Gummy Ting @thexilent13 @st4rdust @tianaa @MiAmour @realistic2280 @sara2908 @Niki Azia @Niki-Forever @a15t3 @dramafansg @NRGchick @sunflower001 @lightforyou22 @baloi @boredahjumma @azuwaza163 @myutaa @salz @wen5471 @shiraru @Koorisuto @febz @theresaang @parmma @snoopwen @yuuinokokoro @lismaknae @USAFarmgirl @missjjang @ilmare @thea2410 @nataliakay @wen5471 @ayu_2905 @angelineong @mdbcsuperfan @Phuong Dinh @simsimida @katalinababby @charliew @ruuuuthpft @nurlayla @anya77 @babysiew @jilyheidi @febz @Herfiliana Tanudiredja @Mei Lee @martina123 @daynci @chocolatepie @limitedsin25 @boyoo4lyf @lorac529 @azuwaza163 @imRetard @PeachyPeach @hairuchii @Nudafu @Earth2KatyD117 @erxmeeza @uripuppies @ricerascal67 @daynci @mai5116 @myicecreamcakexoxo @totesinluv @rhiesta @in00022 @zee0123 @princessbelle1022 @Kissy13 @petstsengko3 @PrincessMe2515 @pinkroses @radiocity @breezelife @jamdowngirl101 @71mimilee @myutaa @tzupi @june_1 @rhiesta @jellybook @kiranzz @mizkorea @phoenixember @jbying7 @_-Mio-_  @Mymindisblank @lovelybluehoneyz.. @orangememory @swtfirefly @gwk22 @mushforbrains @cloud92 @inlovewithmdbc @underthemoon0616 @cynkdf

Our resident translators: :)  

@MinLyn @stroppyse @snowglobe147 @parisonheaven

our transcapper: @MinLyn thank you always for translating/recapping.  we didn't really have to wait for subs to fully understand the episode because you were there. :) 

@nonski , lots of thanks , that's very kind of you ..

glad to be part of this forum too , till next time ..pray and hope , one day we all be able to sit down and share the moments like this once again . .. :)

4d4ba84b22b588483a3ca7cbe7068d4e_large2.jpg

MOD EDIT: QUOTED PICTURES DETECTED!

• Like 20

Annyeong Moonlighters, so happy that this thread is still very active, keep them coming :heart:

Just wondering if anyone know if they did released the humming version of I miss you? I can't seem to find it anywhere, it's haunting me as I want it so bad desperate2-onion-head-emoticon.gif

Just found this post, is he that close to CSB? I wonder what are they talking about till he get that flustered :sweatingbullets:

• Like 12

44 minutes ago, PrincessMe2515 said:

hello everyone! does anyone know where I can download episode 18 and the BTS special in HD with good subs. Not too happy with the box version I have. Thanks please PM me thanks!

If you do torrent, I have the site that provide RAW of all K-Video.. You can download subs in subscene.. I'll PM you the site if you want it.

• Like 9

I know now how heartbreaking when YS died ... If that scene more longer we don't know what will we be?? Suffering?? Suffocating?? What words can express??he died in peace with the woman he always painting all this time ...

The part is most heartbreaking when he said "please be happy" OMG !!!! and RaOn shake his body to wake him up tell him "the ground is cold, Master" that's shatter my heart to the end... Now i can feel you all chingudeul :tears::tears:

• Like 21

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Hi @cynkdf, if you want a better translation of it, I can provide you one on the weekend when I have more time, but here is a brief summary of it so that you can get the gist. Please let me know if this is sufficient, or if you actually want the entire article translated. 

It is an interview of  Music PD for MDBC and DOTS. The article intros that both OSTs have been hugely successful. DOTS OST has earned KRW 12,000,000,000 (~USD 10.7 million). There are some nice comments about the head office giving him creative freedom over the OSTs and enough resources to do a good job. He talks some about the how he produces an OST. Namely, once a drama is approved, he receives a synopsis. Then he meets with the PD and the writer to determine the concepts, after which he pulls together a rough draft of music. After the script comes out, he'll consider the lead characters, the flow of the story, the conflicts, and even the conclusion to determine the final selection of songs after which the singers are contacted. He notes that he had plenty of time with DOTS to put the music together, but with the liveshooting system used for MDBC it was more challenging to match the music with the scenes appropriately as they shot the scenes. He likes to have all of the music determined before the first broadcast.

There was more about generalities, but I thought I would just provide some of the interesting comments about MDBC.

Apparently, Lee Juck's Interlocking Fingers came under some criticism for not being suitable for a sageuk. He said that Lee Juck who wrote the song and he both felt bad at the criticism, but they were looking more at the emotions of the movie and the scenes that would incorporate that song more than other factors.

Also, Lee Juck and Sung Shi Kyung both wrote the songs that they sang, so he just provided them with information about the atmosphere that their music would have to set. 

He had planned for Park Bo Gum to sing on the OST from the start. He knew that PBG was a good singer, and he had heard that PBG wanted to sing, so he decided to trust him with a song. The song was written by Pyo Hyeon Ryuk and fit well. 

Asked to pick the best singers, he answered that Yoon Mi Rae, Gummy, Sung Shi Kyung and Baek Ji Young were singers that he had wanted to work with at least once. And, between the two OSTs, he's worked with 20 top singers who he couldn't have asked for more from. However, if he had to pick ones from those, he picked Hwang Chi Yeol and Beige. He also mentioned that in MDBC, Beige more than any other singer wanted to put her mark on it, so he feels affection for it. But, the thoroughness was very difficult, but fortunately, everything turned out well. 

@stroppyse this is just great, thanks very much.  Really interesting article about how a music director works. I'm very happy to read that he singled out Beige and HCY, especially since HCY is inexperienced as an OST singer  compared to others, and I love Beige's OST for "Chuno'" in 2010 (although I never actually watched that drama). This gives me hope that maybe I won't have to wait too long for HCY to sing an OST for another drama (my fervent hope is that

Spoiler

Chi Yeul will sing an OST for a drama  that Bae Soo Bin stars in. Here's hoping! :) )

Is it OK for me to post your translation of the article on my FB page? Many thanks.

• Like 16