[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

:thumbsup:

The happiest ending we could ever ask

Ukyeong are happily married  while finding the jinyowon relics.

Gowon became the king.

chodang got a twin baby boys, Gang and Dan.

yunok has her own love life 

seo yul is managing jeongjingak

park jin and kim doju are pregnant!

Now give them the Best Couple award already. One of the best pairings everImage

Spoiler

cho yeong and seja gowon the turtle besties .But really they do  look like  searching for the turtle :joy:

Spoiler

• Like 13
  • LOL 1

The best feeling is when you expected the worst for the ending only to find out the opposite. Imagine the relief of the AOS2 fans when we saw how happy it ended.:fullofhearts:

I now pronounce you husband and wife. You have informed the skies through this ceremony, so I wish you a long life together.

#alchemy of souls from Worship me

#alchemy of souls from Worship me

Spoiler

spacer.png

c as tagged

Spoiler

Edited by ferily
Maximum 3 images, gifs, videos and Tweets per post. Please put any other in spoiler tag. Thanks!
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 3

This drama  will remain as one of my most fav dramas . Season 1 had a great  plot but i felt that season 2 wins in terms of chemistry (the  actors were great) and  ending...i had enough of sad endings or worse open endings ...

• Like 5
  • Love 6

Just got done and have a few questions.

who were the 2 mages Yul brought in ? Cause i thought the guy was the sidekick of So-I.

And what were they saying about her ?

Why were her eyes blue at the ending ?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

If this is a brief chance to keep the promise we made, let us spend time together like any other couple who have met after pining and longing for each other. 

It's a new day and it start with them, my ray of sunshine, my beautiful bright married couple

#alchemy of souls from i just pine for you

Spoiler

Spoiler

dramaism

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

The End is Here... We Made It!

Well done! :yay:

Time for the final poll of this drama!  Let us know how you liked the drama overall, who your favorite characters ended up being and would you have wanted to change something about the ending.

One person for example that I would have loved to know more about in the last episode was this guy - Sang Ho! :love:

image.png

Such a trusted fighter, always ready to defend Songrim. In any case, thankfully we got a happy ending for all the good guys! :heart:

As always feel free to leave your comments on this thread.

re: @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart @agenth

tagging: @K-dramafan22 @youactlikeicare @SleepyKitty @marrez1 @Dramafreak @Learry   @orion00 @sadthe1st @rocat @LeftCoastOppa @maribella @suga02pearl @fieza1871 @Jeannie @backstreetboysfan @frozentundra @rocher22  @breakmyheart @STARSX @msuri25_stv  @Rollito Deprimavera @andy78 @Yinye @Gumiho @lilyphenix @illay @Ameera Ali @nitepolaris @Pollen Ainne @Bojun @ktcjdrama  @SilverDawn @Jtwong27 @ferily @swagpuppysong @misspiggie @naksu @Cayu18 @moreenke @taekwang  

• Like 9
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

I am pleasantly surprised that we got a happy ending. I really thought we would get a Hotel De Luna ending or both of them would end up dying. I was super pessimistic about the ending as I mentioned, but not complaining that Uk and Yeong got married and are a powerful protector couple!!! Anyone else notice that Jang Uk is back to wearing his signature blue color robes rather than his black robe throughout season 2? I love how the drama incorporate the title, 빛과 그림자 or Light and shadow, in the last episode. Uk’s name meaning light and Yeong’s name meaning shadow. They are each other’s light and Cho Yeong is a shadow that embrace the darkness that comes. The representation of their name literally defining their relationship, it’s just so meaningful. 

I am never believing another tvN preview ever again… The amount of tears I shed for Jin Ho Hyeong and Kim Dojoo when they were in Jinyowon and Park Jin on the outside closing jinyowon’s door. The acting between Yoo Joon Sang and Oh Nara was SO AMAZING and on point during that moment, you can really see the pain and heartwrench the two of them had when Park Jin refused to seal the door to Jinyowon but Kim dojoo said to close it…. This scene is the HIGHLIGHT of the episode. I love our main couple and all but man that scene….literally shed tears for the two of them. I, once again, am super impressed at Yoo Joon Sang as an actor (I watched him in Uncanny Counter and I enjoyed him in there too) and Oh Nara too.

Also the dialogue in this drama was REALLY good and I can see why Yoo Joon Sang picked the evil vs virtue line as his favorite throughout the drama because that line speaks WORDS and is so true:

"Evil always does what it wants without ever stopping but why is it that virtue always needs to prove itself over and over again?"

Jang Wook has some really good lines in the episode as well:

“Judging by the fate we share, we probably shouldn’t have met. However, fate wasn’t what brought us to recognize each other at first sight. We brightened up each other’s lives when we needed each other the most. We embraced the shadow that came with it and chose to love each other.”

Master Lee’s line explaining Uk and Yeong’s relationship:

“He is a bright light that protects the world and she is a shadow that protects him by embracing the darkness surrounding him”

All three of those dialogues were chef kiss and I really appreciate the way Hong sisters written the lines in the drama.

**Also with the drama at an end, I know many people will be coming on here to comment. Please be kind to your fellow moderators and abide by soompi forum rules, such as not quoting images, videos, tweets or gifs and being kind to everyone on the forums. This is a place for all of us to rant or swoon over kdramas together! Thanks all :kiss_wink:

• Like 8
  • Love 5

• ferily changed the title to [Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환
4 hours ago, Yinye said:

I don’t like the fake deaths and the dramatics of Maidservant Kim and Uncle and even Mama Jin. what was the point of all that except to annoy viewers - ugh.

To me the point was to show what they were made of. They got lucky, someone came and rescued them. But in the end, they were willing to work together to do what they felt was right, even if it meant they would not survive. 

I really loved quite a few lines in this drama, too. Like @ferily, I teared up with Park Jin and Kim Dojoo. They really delivered! 

I sorta want to hug Buyeon for giving them their happy ending. (In a way it's happy for her, too--now she also can move on and maybe catch up to what's his name who sent her the invisible poem). 

Also teared up during the wedding scene. At the time I thought there would be a sad ending. Even so, I felt it would be okay, because alive or dead, they'd be together. Just the way Master Lee worded it--this is to show your bond not just to other people, but also to heaven. It felt like something that would last through anything--ice stones, fire, a little death, whatever comes. 

We got the tree at the end! Not Yeong/Naksu doing tansu, but well, she DID inherit Buyeon/Seol Ran's powers, so it's not like it's a bad thing to give up being an evil assassin and become a priestess. She probably has fewer nightmares, anyway. 

Jin Mu is DEAD and Gowon is king and Mama Jin finally changed. I'm satisfied. :)

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Jin Buyeon reveals that she's the shadow that attracts Jang Wook which explains why the soul shifting didn't work on JangWook in Season 1.  

However, the series doesn't address why Jin Buyeon selects Naksu for soul shifting in Season 1.  Does anyone know?

I knew it!! It was a happy ending!! :happydance:

Don't know about you guys, but I loved the ending. We had enough time to see what happened to everyone, and it was nice to see that everybody got their happy closure and Uk+Naksu got to be married and play the power couple around, protecting the country. Plus, they are planning to have daughters, yay!! :allgoodlol:

It was a fun watch and I got attached to all the characters...and the romance between the main couple was great. I just wish they'd been given a bigger budget for CGI so all the episodes could have been as action packed as the last one. This was a fantasy story about mages so we should have been treated to more action, magic and spectacular fights.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Kim Doju wanted a lavish wedding for them. 

But this simple ceremony is most moving/touching.

PLLfTHG.gif

In the end you really only need two attendees and the most fitting officiant -- Master Lee, who says (I prefer the Chinese sub):

"In my long life, amongst all the married couples I've seen ... you two are the pair most made for each other"

WvbgCAz.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 4

I rated it for about 7.5 out of 10, but decided to be generous and choose 8 for the poll. As frustrating as it was, at some point, the drama has become one of the source of joy in my life. And the community that came with watching it together with you guys. It makes the experience so much better. Like i mentioned in the previous season finale, if I was just binge watching it alone, it's probably easier for me to give the drama 6-7 rating.

It was far from perfect; but for every flirting attempt by park jin and kim do joo, every killing attempt of janguk by his master, every indigestions and colds that seo yul get for lying for his friends (not to mention the blood worm), every petty remark made by the crown prince (i am the crown prince has now been upgraded to i am the king), every sly and infuriating smirk made by jin mu, not to mention being trolled over and over by the writers; it came with excitement to see and discuss for what's next.

I also have to appreciate how this ending is exceptionally happy by hong sisters' standard. All plot holes and unanswered questions aside, this drama has some gold moments that have good rewatch value.

(I am even willing to look past the undeserved happy ending for lady heo and her servant)

So that's it for now, I guess. Thanks for all the participants in this thread, and the mods, and the event organiser! See you all again in the next drama!

• Like 8
  • Blob 1