[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

34 minutes ago, misspiggie said:

The last time I was so involved in an on-going show was Scarlet Heart Ryeo. I LOVE interacting with fellow-fans but absolutely hate the suspense and 1-week wait.

Funny you should mention Scarlet Heart. As I was watching AOS, I kept thinking that this will go down as an epic drama like Scarlet Heart for me. Even after many years now, it has that special place in my heart that cannot be replaced. I even downloaded both the domestic and international versions. I might not want to watch the ending again, but there are many scenes that I will rewatch, esp. between the OTP. I think AOS will be like that for me too. Will be great if I can like the ending here. Then the epicness will be complete. 

Staying away now from the internet and forums to avoid spoilers. See you all much much later. Hopefully in celebration, not in despair :lol:

• Like 3
  • Blob 4

47 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Funny you should mention Scarlet Heart. As I was watching AOS, I kept thinking that this will go down as an epic drama like Scarlet Heart for me. Even after many years now, it has that special place in my heart that cannot be replaced

You ... and I.

I don't care what others think, viewership or ratings. All I care is how much I love SHR, and now AOS. One does not cancel the other out. 

Occasionally, I would go back and listen to "Wind", my favorite of SHR OST.

SHR ratings were considered sub-par because of expectations. But I believed that since SHR, many dramas also place equal weight on international audience. LJG has said on MMTG (youtube) that he gained younger Korean audience b'coz of SHR (good for him). 

I hope and pray the same success for the AOS cast also.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, misspiggie said:

Like LJG, what LJW lacks in looks, he more than makes up for with solid acting skills. He added reality to the scenario with subtle expressions, like a quick cross of eyebrows, a twitch of facial muscle, during the appropriate time. I am very impressed! Like LJG, he looks better in sageuk and I hope LJW will see great projects ahead. 

Nicely written.  Agree with you.  LJW doesn't appear handsome, however he looks more attractive with his works out on the acting skills.  I may not watch all his projects.  Got caught by his cuteness in Extraordinary You.  He is remarkable being the 2nd male lead.  When I searched his projects, I came to realize I have watched him in Memories of the Alhambra.  He looked so awful there and I was too terrified to watching all those ghosts to acknowledge his appearance.  I need to admit I start to wait for his other projects.  But again, this Alchemy of Souls in this genre with those ghosts made me decided not to watch.  With TvN keeps promoting this drama in its IG then I wrote here asking for opinion.  Voilaaa!  I am here.  Marathon-watching since 28th December 2022, LJW has improved a lot.

I personally like JSM, especially with her project in the awkward project, Because This is My First Life.  The pair of LJW and JSM triggered me to dive into the watch.  Then in S2, there is GYJ replaces JSM.  It was kind of disappointing.  I never watch GYJ's project before.  Later after 4 eps of S2, GYJ seems not too bad, although I haven't found anything to like her yet.

The funny of YIS, the sweet and so called smart HMH, they have been good pair to make this drama as sweet and funny as can be.  But especially I like all those seniors that spice up the whole 2 seasons, gave me a lot sweet scenes and laughs, come in between the soul shifters and naksu.  The pair: OJS and ONR, LCS, LDK, they are great to bring the laughters.  While Arin and the rest are ok as the story goes.  I admire the beauty of ONR, btw.

Well, I haven't finished watching everything yet.  Now thinking should I make a short video to acknowledge the fact I like this piece as well?  Haha hopefully my passion lights up till the end.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

11 minutes ago, partyon said:

Well guess the Hong sisters can write good endings too.

thanks God for that...they can also write romantic lines like the moment Yeong told UK :

Spoiler

i love you!!!

Best end!IT SEEMS THEY

Spoiler

ARE BUSY GETTING BACK THE DANGEROUS RELICS THAT WENT OUT OF JINYOWON WHEN IT COLLAPSED. THEY GOT BACK 12 RELICS NOW.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Also Jin Buyeon

Spoiler

dissapeared and saved Naksu/Cho Yeong.. i think she said soomething like: Light and  Shadow should be together...she was good after all...she was Jin SEOL RAN and even HER mom understood that BY never existed!!!

let's VOTE:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I thougt by twitter that Yunok dating Yul but no, the sub said she dates a man with broken arm who is handsome as Yul
So my Husband Yul is for me, yessssssssss lol
i think rating will be 11%

yul becomes in charge of jeongjingak, he recruits mages

So everyones doesn't know that Buyeon is Nasku lol

Glad i's a happy ending, but based on their writing it's should be sad ending but yes, there are some many fans who wanted a very happy ending

• Like 6

Although I only watched the least 2 episodes, I have to say its a happy ending, with all the good guys surviving and all the bad guys reduced to ashes. 

Just ashamed that the death of Jin Mu is so underwhelming. There's not even any fight between him and Jang Uk!

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

I am just so glad I can have a good sleep tonight. This is the one time I welcome and approve a time-jump. So thankful that Hong sisters did not disappoint viewers with crazy ending. Phew!! O-yayyy, this drama is a keeper that I can rewatch! :poledance:

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

I am happy we got a HE but this last episode was so messy with weak writing, overuse of flashbacks, and the ‘faking’ lol.

By the second flashbacks, I was like - bring on the ending already. 

Bravo to the cast because they were the only thing that kept me watching with suspended logic and for fun until the end. This show was not bad; it was entertaining but I was let down because I expected more quality re the writing, pacing, and direction. Fantasy period dramas are my favorite. 

Spoiler

I don’t like the fake deaths and the dramatics of Maidservant Kim and Uncle and even Mama Jin. what was the point of all that except to annoy viewers - ugh. So why is everyone crying if the dead bodies were not found since JSR/JBY/Naksu and Master Lee rescued them lol.  

It also doesn’t make sense that at the beginning of episode JU was warned that all hell is about to break out and so where was he/Naksu/Master Lee during it all?!? They only spend one day getting married so…The writers didn’t explain it well…

Then we have Naksu passing out after her confession - which we assume was JSR/JBY taking her body back?! So if JSR/JNY took the body back, was this confession before the rescue of Maidservant Kim and Mama Jin? They could have explain this better instead of the crazy older scene flashbacks.

I also don’t understand why with all her divine power, why JBY is still blind too, especially when weak Naksu could see all this time. I felt they like the imagery (must be inspired by TMOPB and Bai Qian lol). 

I also felt there was no real obstacle?! Yes, Jin Mu came back and stole the phoenix but he also died an easy death by JU. Then they killed the poor Phoenix that they released - done. Time skip lol

Cute HE re the baby twins and Mama Jin shedding her villain persona lol. They spent so much time updating us all the side characters’ happy endings and we get like a few mins of OTP’s lol. I do like that they are out roaming the forest and doing their thing lol. Also happy they didn’t do any more noble idiocy things like dying etc. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2