[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

57 minutes ago, Rollito Deprimavera said:

Bu Yeon/Seol Ran's soul will decide to leave for heavens

Seol-Ran maybe, but not Bu-Yeon -- who has been hinted to not have existed. 

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

if our worst fears are confirmed, and the 3 elders truly are dead

I guess if we are lucky, the Hong Sisters has sacrificed them for the leads' happiness (except Yul in still unspoken for)

Although he did seem to still be alive for the Final Battle. None of the crests on the coffins belong to Yul's family. 

One thing that does concern me is learning that the ice-stone power can be depleted -- as indicated by the ice-stone in the skeleton on Ghost Island. Moreover, after wiping out JM's choir, he fell to the floor with exhaustion ... which I have not expected...

• Like 4

We may have some complaints about the drama with the plot, the writing, the character direction, and etc... but you gotta admit that our villan, Jin Mu, has a good sense of style.

I mean just look at him, in the amidst of bringing destruction to the world and shifting souls, he knows how to dress up:

NOB6Nv.gif

MZAVMG.gif

Who said that the main leads have the heaviest plot armor ever?! This man is literally a STEEL wall!

• LOL 6

Soi seems to be the only character that makes the story moves faster.

First she told Yul that Buyeon is Naksu  and now Yul found the potion among her things.

And so all the powerful mages learned a important piece of information about Jinmu. 

Im disappointed how careless Naksu and Uk were and it was the first time they failed as a team.

He missed the chance to kill JM, although its understandable why he sent JM to Naksu.

But I cant understand why she used the ice stone as a weapon.

I assume the writers are saving Naksu's pure and deadly tansu movement for the final battle. 

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

12 hours ago, Bojun said:

Unless I'm mistaken Naksu's family name is Choi, so maybe that skeleton has a part to play.

Naksu's real name is cho yeong, so, not quite. Though it has been mentioned how confusing the names are. Jin cho yeon, Cho Yeong, shaman Choi; like, of all the names that exist out there :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

I still don't understand the ending of 9. It's like a series of short scenes with no context and no cause or connection, just dumped one after the other. I get it that there are symbols of the different houses on the coffins, but we have really no idea who is in them (except not Jang Uk, apparently?) Meanwhile on twitter, there's people going through whole mourning periods for specific people. Um?

(I am well aware that their guesses could be right! Cause Hong Sisters... But so far there is really no explanation in what has been shown on screen. How did we get to that moment? How did Jang Uk and Naksu suddenly end up in another random place (the hut they stayed in by the tree??), kissing? I think I need to watch this episode again. 

I'm impressed at the actor for Seo Yul's uncle, though. He really has taken on the creepy vibe of Jin Mu.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, Learry said:
Spoiler

This is me all throughout ep 9

Halfway through ep 9 i was wondering, was that really it? Do they really going to leave us with one and a half episode left without the villain? And i was wrecking my brain trying to find which villain left that is strong enough to keep the story going until the end. But then, nope. They're really determined to let us endure jinmu staying alive till the very end. So it's frustrating but very unsurprising.

The only thing that is surprising me was janguk's noble idiocy, like, come on dude, just the other day we've been praising your determination and one track mind, and yet you chose to abandon that now?

Also laughing out loud when master lee mentioned jang seol ran was still alive somehow inside the ice stone. So not only it can bring back dead people, but it can also store soul??? What a very convenient tool. I wonder what more hidden features that this little stone can bring into the table.

Ah well, i have been expecting a trainwreck so, it's not like i have high hopes in the first place. 

And i forgot whom did i choose in the poll, but pretty sure the queen and kim yeon (maidservant kim) are included. As heartbreaking as it would be to let her go, it's such a typical move to kill a well loved side character just to let the main character suffer. Also the constant promises that the maidservant kim keep makin with park jin were like dead giveaway for this conclusion. But still, for this one i will gladly let myself be proven wrong. For this, i will let the writers surpise me and find some loophole to keep her alive. Janguk can not lose his lover and his only family that was left... 

Or maybe he'll die too. Well, that would be a first in the hong sisters track record afaik. But okay. Just commit arson and burn the remainings of this trainwreck, i suppose.

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote gifs. Thanks!
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, SleepyKitty said:

And i forgot whom did i choose in the poll, but pretty sure the queen and kim yeon (maidservant kim) are included. As heartbreaking as it would be to let her go, it's such a typical move to kill a well loved side character just to let the main character suffer.

I suspect if a parent figure is indeed dead, it would be Park Jin instead. Just because Danggu was there crying his eyes out, and Park Jin is actually his family.

(Of course, they could always kill off Kim Dojoo as well... She has lasted EXTRAORDINARILY long for a mother figure--in fiction, mothers are always, AWAYS either dead or evil!)

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

I still don't understand the ending of 9. It's like a series of short scenes with no context and no cause or connection, just dumped one after the other.

They are scenes from ep.10, like teasers. If you notice, in the preview for ep.10, we have Jang Uk just arriving outside of the building, where Master Heo was wailing to him about Park Jin. That should be before he entered the building and saw the three coffins. The kissing part I am guessing is also a short clip from a longer incident, as in, they will "get married" by the daisy field with Master Lee officiating. Then went to live in that small hut. That's why Jang Uk was late in getting news about the death of the 3 elders. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, frozentundra said:

I still don't understand the ending of 9. It's like a series of short scenes with no context and no cause or connection, just dumped one after the other.

It's to have a dramatic cliffhanger for episode 9. Just like how last week we suddenly see Jang Wook appear in Gwido without any explanation, it's the same thing. Episode 10 will probably explain what happened prior to Jang Wook arriving and seeing the three coffins and after the scene with Cho Yeong and Jang Wook.

• Like 5

Also is anyone else feeling more and more like we won't have a happy ending? We see Cho Yeong faint or pass out in Jang Wook's arms after they are holding hands and then we suddenly see Jin Bu Yeon (or Jin Seol Ran) blindfolded and trying to get through while Seo Yul is fighting other mages... Man, I really feel like we might end up seeing Naksu's soul disappearing, Jin Bu Yeon saves Daeho from the chaos 200 years ago, she takes the ice stone out of Jang Wook and Jang Wook will die. It's either that or Jin Bu Yeon will sacrifice herself to save Daeho AND Naksu's soul and that's how Wook and her will end up together, but does that mean he'll just live with the ice stone forever? or maybe taking the ice stone out of Jang Wook won't really cause him to die again. I'm leaning more towards the former.

2 minutes ago, andy78 said:
THIS IS FATE AND TRUE LOVE

I love the fact that Master Lee said Uk means "light" and Yeong means "shadow", 빛과 그림자, basically reciting the title of part 2 :wub:

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ferily said:

love the fact that Master Lee said Uk means "light" and Yeong means "shadow", 빛과 그림자, basically reciting the title of part 2

They hold their wedding ceremony as Jang Uk and Cho Yeong...SO HAPPY FOR THAT!

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

Yeah...this wedding preview makes me super nervous for sure. 

I suspect it will be a sad ending with the open ended idea that they would choose each other in any life, are always fated to be together, so someday in 500 years when they are reborn...they will find each other again. Or something like that. (I'm looking at YOU, Hotel del Luna... :expressionless:)

• Like 6

16 hours ago, ferily said:

Also is anyone else feeling more and more like we won't have a happy ending? We see Cho Yeong faint or pass out in Jang Wook's arms after they are holding hands and then we suddenly see Jin Bu Yeon (or Jin Seol Ran) blindfolded and trying to get through while Seo Yul is fighting other mages... Man, I really feel like we might end up seeing Naksu's soul disappearing, Jin Bu Yeon saves Daeho from the chaos 200 years ago, she takes the ice stone out of Jang Wook and Jang Wook will die. It's either that or Jin Bu Yeon will sacrifice herself to save Daeho AND Naksu's soul and that's how Wook and her will end up together, but does that mean he'll just live with the ice stone forever? or maybe taking the ice stone out of Jang Wook won't really cause him to die again. I'm leaning more towards the former.

I love the fact that Master Lee said Uk means "light" and Yeong means "shadow", 빛과 그림자, basically reciting the title of part 2 :wub:

16 hours ago, frozentundra said:

Yeah...this wedding preview makes me super nervous for sure. 

I suspect it will be a sad ending with the open ended idea that they would choose each other in any life, are always fated to be together, so someday in 500 years when they are reborn...they will find each other again. Or something like that. (I'm looking at YOU, Hotel del Luna... :expressionless:)

16 hours ago, andy78 said:
I HOPE NOT...PLEASE NOT GOBLIN PATH AND END!

GOBLIN TOO...

Yep, I am super nervous about the ending as well. Smells like a sad one or open ended one..the fact the pre release is their wedding ..makes me very nervous.

If true, hong sisters couldn't help themselves but follow their expected paths...

Then again I hope I am completely wrong and they just make stuff up as they have been doing anyways and gives a happy ending for the 2 leads!

Sigh..will find out tomorrow whether I will be boycotting the next hong sisters drama or not...

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote Tweets. Thanks!