[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

Episode 17 was a rollercoaster ride of emotions for the bromance.

That entire scene with Byungyeon and Yeong just broke my heart into a million pieces. I was already gone with Yeong ordering Byungyeon to not put his sword down, all the "Byungyeon-ah"s, the tears and Yeong holding Byungyeon, but then we got the whole if i could only trust one person in the world, it would still be you thing, which gah. Even after everything, even after Byungyeon just held a sword to his throat. Not that Byungyeon would ever have hurt Yeong (and I think they both knew that).

14695464_10210573550232023_7411974265819

And then we got the flashback. God, the flashback. The wish. It's so simple and yet. He just wants to be Yeong's friend. Excuse me while I go cry some more.

And they were just friends then, the rebellion and the crown set aside, because despite all that, they were friends above all else. The way they interacted after they reunited says everything. I love that when Yeong said he is going to bring Ra-on back to his side, he doesn't even need to articulate that he means to include Byungyeon too.

The same goes for Yeong and Yoonsung, because despite their differences, they are friends at their core. I'm glad they have reached a mutual understanding and can talk openly about their fears and insecurities. When Yeong admitted that he's worried about Yoonsung getting hurt, my heart soared, even if it makes me fear for Yoonsung's life.

And more brief, but no less weighted is the moment between Yoonsung and Byungyeon. The look on Yoonsung's face when Byungyeon fell. That soft, heartbroken call of his name. The way he cried when he thought his dear friend was gone. The fact that he pleaded to save Byungyeon's body and give him the proper send off he deserved. Just slay me. 

14563576_10210573550512030_4041056430452

I'm honestly not sure if I'm going to survive the finale.

/falls over from the feels 

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, MinLyn said:

Credits to all the wonderful Moonlighters here for all your contributions to the MDBC drama thread and definitely, not forgetting @Maetawinz for starting this thread otherwise we wouldn't be able to come here to spazz about our favorite drama! blowing kiss thank you smiley

@nonski@lovelybluehoneyz.. @denarvie @jeonghyang @sebnem @lovehbhjw2013 @Bambiina @iamia @bebe1989 @Jillia @syeramy @browngirl @_Nachan07 @Yongzura @mujay @i.am.bugz.funny @mooomoo @Naruto_7th_Hokage @Ahpheng @YeuBacMou @moodypie @valsava @alekaonu @ruzikie @Nodame @angelangie @herlina28 @kaqueski @Lawyerh @spidy08 @egp @limkopi @Luc- @xoxgossipgirl @gf sherry @dahae2006 @JexxaS @ahappygoluckygirl0918 @honeywell @intanr @sojisoban @JackieOnTheRocks @pyoyong @enilec_15 @WildDivine69 @alekaonu @uglypearl @minsunie @BiggyQ @be99lle @tikasari @nambunny373 @4nnlov3pink @kyonkichi78 @sharone_pink @cutekimichan @thephamle @tiendoank @akikisetsu @mecattsumori @missjang @darafangirl29 @ireumimolla @anne1101 @Gummy Ting @thexilent13 @st4rdust @tianaa @MiAmour @realistic2280 @sara2908 @Niki Azia @Niki-Forever @a15t3 @dramafansg @NRGchick @sunflower001 @lightforyou22 @baloi @boredahjumma @azuwaza163 @myutaa @salz @wen5471 @shiraru @Koorisuto @febz @theresaang @parmma @snoopwen @yuuinokokoro @lismaknae @USAFarmgirl @missjjang @ilmare @thea2410 @nataliakay @wen5471 @ayu_2905 @angelineong @mdbcsuperfan @Phuong Dinh @simsimida @katalinababby @charliew @ruuuuthpft @nurlayla @anya77 @babysiew @jilyheidi @febz @Herfiliana Tanudiredja @Mei Lee @martina123 @daynci @chocolatepie @limitedsin25 @boyoo4lyf @lorac529 @azuwaza163 @imRetard@PeachyPeach @hairuchii @Nudafu @Earth2KatyD117 @erxmeeza @uripuppies @ricerascal67 @daynci @mai5116 @myicecreamcakexoxo @totesinluv @rhiesta @in00022 @zee0123 @princessbelle1022@Kissy13 @jellybook @stroppyse @snowglobe147@parisonheaven

P.S. @lovelybluehoneyz.. thanks for alerting us. :D Your username has been included in the above.list. Live streaming is gonna start in about 40 minutes time so I do pray that the streaming will be smoother for all of us tonight. Yeah, gonna get ready my laptops and ipad on standby. See ya later! :lol:

I'm also here, present @MinLyn!:)

• Like 6

I want to ask a silly question about OST.. I can remember all the singer.. but on the scene where CP remember the conversation between him and RO and byung.. is PBG sing the background song? As I remember the song supposed to sing by a woman.. or it is recorded by two singer? Its not the song that sing by gummy isn't it? I don't remember all the OST title.. thank you in advance..

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Jillia said:

So now with less than an hour until th last episode I will say I liked episode 17! I was okay with the separation of Lee Yeong and Ra On because things had to fall into place and with episode 18 we will get what we want for sure a reunion.

That being said before this thread goes crazy with liveblogging I wanted to say:

Thank you so much to all the Moonlighters in this forum, active or lurking, for making watching this drama a one of a kind experience! I will always have this drama and you all close to my heart! I love you and I hug you! :wub:

I won't say I will miss you because I know I will see you in other drama threads again for sure - either with Kim Yoo Jung, Park Bo Gum, Kwak Dong Yeon or Jinyoung involved. So I say instead: let's meet again! :heart:

Also we won't all disappear. I'm sure the last episode will give us a lot to discuss about and I still plan on posting my costume posts. :D

YESSSSS !!!!! :wub::wub::wub:

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, _Nachan07 said:

:D This is so cute. What I learn from MDBC is not to get trolled by the preview (though I got trolled all the time) :D

P/S: Yesss it will come true right, my lil dream?

IT BETTER COME TRUE!!!!  NO 2 WAYS ABOUT IT!!!!! :w00t:   I am ready with my sky longbow to direct at you-know-whos!!!!

• Like 9

Okay so how many more episodes to go?

And for me doesnt matter what happens now after watching last nights episode with subtitles i can honestly say the whole series doesnt exists except for the moment of the two boys together yesterday, firstly when he thought it was dying and holding him his arms saying that he was the only person he ever trusted, 1,2,3, awwwwwwwwww.

The second of course when he awoke and felt guilty for all but CP knew this already and told him how he felt and the smile at the end warmed me through and through.  I could of ended then and there and i wouldnt of cared about unresolved issues of the plot line.  I be alot of people watching the series felt just as strongly as i did after watching that, it was brilliant, script, acting, makeup and directing on that.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, miz-em said:

I'm honored to have you share this on Twitter. :)  His voice really is beautiful

Thanks for saying that :)  Guess what Chi Yeul said today in his surprise VLive broadcast - he loves giving his fans pleasant surprises like this - from Beijing:

hcy%20ost%20seoul%20story%20honour_zpszk

• Like 17

I am glad that the drama was filmed over the summer and beginning of autumn. 

I felt sorry for the cast and crew because Korean summers can be pretty hot and sticky and they were wearing layers of clothing plus socks ! ( seeing YJ's posts in her eunuch wear made me wince in sympathy)

Having said that, I am thankful they didn't film over the winter because of the bitter cold. I remember being distracted by the actors' white puffs of vapour as they spoke in TMETS. And the sight of many earlobes turning red in the bitter cold. 

Maybe a bit offtopic but can we have PBG and KYJ TOGETHER in a photoshoot for a magazine? I saw the W actors, LJS and HHJ had one after their drama. 

• Like 17

Before I get caught up in my emotions and turn into a helpless puddle of feels, I'd like to extend my sincerest thanks and appreciation to all the beautiful souls in this thread.

Thank you for the steady updates on MDBC and its cast.

Thank you for all the remarkable and delightful strips, FMVs, drawings, pictures and alike.

Thank you for the many exhaustive, insightful yet utterly enjoyable posts. 

Thank you for the precious, lifesaving translations, live recaps, screencaps.

It's been a wonderful ride. It's a honour to be part of this special thread. 

Sending love and light to all.

Image result for heart clipart

Now let us savour the final moments of Moonlight. 

Bring it on, Show!

Edited by happysloth
  • Like 18

2 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Could've Dasan send Ra On's mother to replace the potion with a fake-poison?? Because I'm still wondering who the court lady/maid was who got to make the potion.

That will make a great beginning of ep 18! The collective intelligence and bravery of the good one-upping the evil. That will be so satisfying. At the same time, lulling the evil into a false sense of security. And because they are evil, they self-destruct as they fight for power among themselves. At the end, CP and all the good people will reappear with evidence to secure the end of the evil.

• Like 9