[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

8 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

Then concerning the change of actress, I think it can be a little sensitive, we have an actress like JSM who accepted this lead female role in a drama which today became a worldwide hit, many fans continue to talk about her, now there is certainly the one who was there at the beginning GYJ but she becomes the lead in the second part of such a popular drama, it's not nothing. I think that from the moment everything is clear between the production and the actresses, then everyone should be happy, life goes on.
I'm excited for this second part

What I'm hoping is that they nail the sense of continuity right up front. Some will depend on Lee Jae Wook, and some on Go Yoon Jung. Just thinking of other times where someone has pulled off a body swap and it worked. Beauty Inside (movie) worked because Han Hyo Joo consistently treated each new Woo Jin as the same person. For that brief moment where we thought his soul had been swapped in AOS, JSM treated the bad guy (sorry, forget his name) as Jang Uk, and I think we could have believed that. The recent Chinese drama Love Between Fairy and Devil had some body swaps that involved taking on each other's characteristics, basically what GYJ's job will be. It can work and be convincing, I just hope that they can nail it. I think if they do, we won't hear so much about this or that actress; we can just lose ourselves in the story and move on.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 9:29 PM, backstreetboysfan said:

“Alchemy of Souls Part 2″ will premiere on December 10 at 9:10 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for Part 2 here!

Lee Jae Wook’s And Go Yoon Jung’s Romantic Gazes Convey More Than Words In “Alchemy Of Souls Part 2” Poster | Soompi

I really like this picture very much. It reminds me of a line in The Little Prince.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

I reckon (and hope) this shows the first meeting between Uk and Naksu (in her real body) in Part 2. Despite Naksu looking different Uk will feel a very strong attraction to her. Better yet if he recognises Naksu.   

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote images. Thanks!
  • Like 4

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Shin Seung Ho Does Not Lose His Dignity And Charisma To Threats As The Crown Prince In “Alchemy Of Souls Part 2”

“Alchemy of Souls Part 2” has foreshadowed the return of Crown Prince Go Won (Shin Seung Ho) who has found out about the secret behind the Imperial Star!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls. After Part 1 of the drama stole viewers’ hearts this summer, “Alchemy of Souls” is gearing up to return next month with Part 2—which will be set three years after Part 1.

In the stills, Go Won showcases his dignity and charisma as the Crown Prince of Daeho. His gaze is sharp as if it will penetrate through Jang Wook (Lee Jae Wook) standing in front of him.

shin-seung-ho2-800x533.jpeg

shin-seung-ho3-800x533.jpeg

The next still captures Go Won facing a dangerous situation where a sharp sword is aimed at his neck. Even in the life threatening moment, Crown Prince Go Won confronts his cruel fate with his unwavering gaze, raising curiosity about why he is in danger.

Spoiler

shin-seung-ho-800x533.jpeg

The production team remarked, “Please keep an eye on the exciting relationship between Crown Prince Go Won and Jang Wook. In Part 1, Crown Prince Go Won aims to be a generous and benevolent monarch, but after the incident that happened three years ago, he finds himself in an uncomfortable relationship with Jang Wook. As he cannot keep himself away from Jin Mu (Jo Jae Yoon), Go Won and Jang Wook will form a complicated and subtle relationship where Go Won finds Jang Wook, who was born with the Imperial Star, irritating while he cares about him at the same time.”

“Alchemy of Souls Part 2” will premiere on December 10 at 9:10 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for Part 2 here!

Shin Seung Ho Does Not Lose His Dignity And Charisma To Threats As The Crown Prince In “Alchemy Of Souls Part 2” | Soompi

• Like 1

So I just spent the last hour or so going over all the teaser/leaks/pic breakdowns, and while I'm psyched about Season 2 next weekend, I'm also dreading it at the same time.

So its confirmed already -

- A 3 year time jump

- Jang Uk is falling into a dark melancholic state 

- Naksu (back in her original body) is suffering from amnesia

- Yul is still suffering from the effects of the blood worm 

- Cho Young & Dang Gu out for revenge

- Jin Mu still alive

All that, and we still don't know much about the Crown Prince, Park Jin & Lady Kim, Mama Jin, etc

We have a cryptic line from Jang Uk in the last trailer, that he can't control the ice stone, and Park Jin saying that it will kill him to remove it.  Which leads me to my prediction for the ending

Since we know from cast lists, that Jung So Min will be in season 2 as a supporting character, I'm betting that after a 10 episode heartbreaking roller-coaster of leads remembering and recognizing each other and all the struggles there in, that Bu Yeon/Mu Deok will in the end use her priestess powers to remove the ice stone from Jang Uk (without killing him) and as she was never supposed to have been born (died before birth) she will sacrifice herself to destroy the ice stone once and for all

Lastly - someway, somehow, which I can't even begin to speculate on, I'd like to see the sacrifice happen in Naksu's original body, and end the drama with Bu Yeon passing as Naksu, while Naksu/Mudeok lives on with Jang Uk 

( I still say 10 episodes isn't enough to do it all right ) :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Since we know from cast lists, that Jung So Min will be in season 2 as a supporting character,

The production said that she  is no going to appear in season 2 at all

But some people think she has a cameo here because we see  in a teaser a woman with a body petrified, i think we will no see her face, but it will be directly GYJ

i don't think a  supporting role for JSM.  JSM cannot accept supporting role after being Female lead for the same drama

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Yes, after some discussion of this, the production company came out and explicitly and directly said, Jung So Min will not be in part 2. 

I don't know how she comes to be listed on some cast lists. Either it's wishful thinking or just an assumption since she was in part 1, OR maybe there are some flashbacks or scenes filmed earlier but then used later in part 2? But there is no way she can have a substantial role of any kind (even as a supporting character playing Buyeon in the current timeline)--that would ask too much of the viewers. 

I still think that as a point of good storytelling, we need some kind of closure to Buyeon's story? I don't know exactly how you do that without her appearance, so it will be interesting to see how they handle that. 

• Blob 1

3 hours ago, marrez1 said:

The production said that she  is no going to appear in season 2 at all

3 hours ago, frozentundra said:

Yes, after some discussion of this, the production company came out and explicitly and directly said, Jung So Min will not be in part 2. 

I read similar articles following the end of season 1, yet the appearance of her name in various drama sites cast lists ranging from "supporting cast", "cameo", "brief appearance" as well as more stories that she will have a small role in season 2, is keeping some of us hopeful.

But there is no way she can have a substantial role of any kind (even as a supporting character playing Buyeon in the current timeline)--that would ask too much of the viewers. 

I dont think it will be substantial - but reprising her role from season 1 for an episode or two isn't asking that much of the viewer. 

I still think that as a point of good storytelling, we need some kind of closure to Buyeon's story? I don't know exactly how you do that without her appearance, so it will be interesting to see how they handle that. 

This is exactly why she needs to appear even if only for a few moments at the very least

Fingers crossed - thinking good thoughts

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

On 12/2/2022 at 8:41 AM, LeftCoastOppa said:

:smashes:
And whom do we have to blame for that :unamused:

Hint:

#ihavenochingus 

On 12/2/2022 at 8:41 AM, LeftCoastOppa said:

( I still say 10 episodes isn't enough to do it all right

Just a reminder: it’s the Hong sisters we’re talking about here

Michael Scott Grimace GIF

On 12/2/2022 at 7:50 PM, LeftCoastOppa said:

Fingers crossed - thinking good thoughts

See above.

look up GIF by Dumbfoundead

• LOL 2

2 hours ago, partyon said:
On 12/1/2022 at 11:41 PM, LeftCoastOppa said:

And whom do we have to blame for that :unamused:

Hint:

#ihavenochingus 

Just another reason I'm getting a bad feeling about the 2nd season

So Yi risked her own safety/freedom to return and get Yul medicine for the blood worm.  If we're getting a 3 year time jump and Yul/So Yi haven't resolved the blood worm issue, then that is going to be a problem.  As smitten as she is with him its unimaginable that she wouldn't tell him the truth, and have the mages of Songrim already remove it.

Look at the bright side Noona, if the Hong Sisters really screw this up, you're gonna get a rather large, and well deserved "I-Told-You-So" :rolleyes:

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Look at the bright side Noona, if the Hong Sisters really screw this up, you're gonna get a rather large, and well deserved "I-Told-You-So" :rolleyes:

Nah, I’m an nice noona. Wouldn’t do that to you :kiss_wink:

Cannot vouch for @Sleepy Owl though :joy:

I am still assuming season 2 is gonna be a hot mess…. :grimace:

• LOL 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Lee Jae Wook, Go Yoon Jung, Hwang Minhyun, And More Face Intense Turmoil In “Alchemy Of Souls Part 2” Teaser

“Alchemy of Souls Part 2″ has shared an emotional preview of the first episode!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls. After Part 1 of the drama stole viewers’ hearts this summer, “Alchemy of Souls” is gearing up to return next month with Part 2—which will be set three years after Part 1.

The new teaser begins with Jang Wook narrating, “You said that the ice stone must be eliminated as the power is too much for humans to handle. The power is beyond my ability to control.” When Park Jin (Yoo Joon Sang) asks Jang Wook, “Is it still that painful?” Jang Wook responds by tightening his grip on his blade. Crown Prince Go Won (Shin Seung Ho) also makes an appearance as Lee Cheol (Im Chul Soo) tells him, “Please personally go to encourage and praise that unlucky and crazy man.”

Looking down with a forlorn expression, Seo Yul (Hwang Minhyun) states, “While you and Wook were facing the most difficult time, I was the only one who was gone as if I was running away.” The teaser comes to a close as the woman with the face of Nak Soo (Go Yoon Jung) mentions, “The crime of living,” while Jang Wook states, “The crime of existing when one should not.”

Watch the full teaser below!

“Alchemy of Souls Part 2” will premiere on December 10 at 9:10 p.m. KST. Check out another teaser for Part 2 here!

Watch: Lee Jae Wook, Go Yoon Jung, Hwang Minhyun, And More Face Intense Turmoil In “Alchemy Of Souls Part 2” Teaser | Soompi

• Like 2

Season 2 - PRE-POLL

:yaaa:chingus, have you been missing Alchemy of Souls?

It's less than a week before Season 2 premieres - the perfect time for a pre-poll. :cutekitty:

gvOZN1NlAoL8iz9ghpES1zWA3w3.jpg

Please vote and do let us know your thoughts in the thread! :kiss_wink:

re: @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart @agenth

tagging: @PororoQueen @debbsthebee @emsel @K-dramafan22 @youactlikeicare @SleepyKitty @marrez1 @Dramafreak @Mymindisblank @Learry @TheQueenReturns  @orion00 @sadthe1st @rocat @LeftCoastOppa @maribella @suga02pearl @jannedrumsit @fieza1871 @deishii @heartily @Paperx Atelier @Jeannie @AlterEgoNo9  @backstreetboysfan @frozentundra @rocher22  @breakmyheart @STARSX @msuri25_stv  @kwayteow_mama @iamsherry @Tina288 @Rollito Deprimavera @andy78 @CA C @Pinkypoo @Yinye @Gumiho @lilyphenix @ilovenico     

Special tag for @Ameera Ali who missed all the fun in Season 1. I shall entice her to watch Season 2 by posting a video of the Crown Prince's abs. :naughty: For you! Please watch season 2 with us. :please:

Spoiler

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

One good thing about being late to the party is I don't have too long to wait. Finally finished Part 1 during the weekend and Part 2 is less than a week away. Yay!!!

One thing I really want to see in Part 2 is the death of Jin Mu. Seriously he is really evil and scheming.

It's a given that many people (including me) wants Uk and Naksu in her real body to be together in the end so one thing I definitely don't like to see in Part 2 is a love triangle. Whilst Naksu in Mu-deok's body has already rejected Yul, Yul might wany to try again after seeing the real Naksu.

And what is this thing with Naksu having amnesia in Part 2. This is so cliche and so overused in kdrama.

With this 3 year timelapse mentioned, I hope episode 21 shows who were the people who took Mu-deok from the water and also how did Naksu get her original body back.

• Like 2