[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

I want So I dead. The upstart!!

But I think there is a 50/50 chance that it ends well, so being a fair person I ticked that option.

What I want most is to find out how Mu Deok and Bu Yeon are connected. Is it the same person with two names? Which means that Naksu had occupied the body of a high priestess and did all the rigmarole without 'her' objecting or being in control. So fakey... so not believable. Or I need to believe that the assassin is more powerful than the HP? That was why I only watched some and Idepended a lot on the postings here, too convoluted.

Now we will have all powerful characters, no blind girl. With a dead So I, it would be just nice. 

Let's see if the mother does something to her for faking her daughter's identity, the mother did look blanked out. The actress was great in DJG. It must be the writers.

• LOL 3

10 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

@partyon i saw what you did there!

Really?!?!? And I was trying my hardest to be subtle... heheh :loolz:

3 hours ago, Yinye said:

praying that it makes some logical sense re their explanations after the cliffhanger ending….

It's the Hong sisters, chingu.

84727058.jpg

2 hours ago, maribella said:

I want So I dead. The upstart!!

No beating around the bush here, chingu? :joy:
I agree with you though. She should have been killed off in ep 1 of Season 1. Before she ever appeared. LOL

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

15 minutes ago, partyon said:

No beating around the bush here, chingu? :joy:
I agree with you though. She should have been killed off in ep 1 of Season 1. Before she ever appeared. LOL

I thought it was rather oblique, but you saw through it. What can I say? 

• LOL 2

3 hours ago, maribella said:

What I want most is to find out how Mu Deok and Bu Yeon are connected. Is it the same person with two names?

This is explained in part 1. Buyeon's creepy uncle Jin Mu took her out in a boat to retrieve the ice stone from the lake. She tried to stop him from taking it and caused a storm with her powers. The boat overturned and everyone thought she drowned. Except, she didn't. She ended up in a village, and a granny took care of her. Since she didn't say anything, the granny asked if she could call her Mudeok, after her own dead granddaughter. BY nodded yes, and she was called that ever since. It's just an alias. So when Naksu jumped into that body (or rather, was sucked into it by BY herself), everyone kept calling her Mudeok and she was like, okay, let's just keep using that name.

12 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

This is explained in part 1. Buyeon's creepy uncle Jin Mu took her out in a boat to retrieve the ice stone from the lake. She tried to stop him from taking it and caused a storm with her powers. The boat overturned and everyone thought she drowned. Except, she didn't. She ended up in a village, and a granny took care of her. Since she didn't say anything, the granny asked if she could call her Mudeok, after her own dead granddaughter. BY nodded yes, and she was called that ever since. It's just an alias. So when Naksu jumped into that body (or rather, was sucked into it by BY herself), everyone kept calling her Mudeok and she was like, okay, let's just keep using that name.

So it was just an alias. Thank you. That's why I need to read this forum to understand and catch up. :blush:

I kept wondering why with such powers she was living as a poor peasant when she could  power her way back to her parents home. She wasn't amnesiac was she? 

18 minutes ago, maribella said:

So it was just an alias. Thank you. That's why I need to read this forum to understand and catch up. :blush:

I kept wondering why with such powers she was living as a poor peasant when she could  power her way back to her parents home. She wasn't amnesiac was she? 

No, she wasn't amnesiac, at least, I don't think so. But she was a small child when this happened, not someone who could easily travel alone. Since her father was part and parcel of Jin Mu's scheme to use her to steal the ice stone, I also feel she did not want to go home. I mean...Jin Mu used her and left her to drown, so it's not like she would have warm, fuzzy feelings towards that part of her family, you know? She might even be scared of what would happen if she did go back.

What I wonder is why she sucked Naksu's soul into her body. She obviously recognized her as someone with powerful magic. Naksu saw her and originally rejected her, seeing that body as weak. Yet it was BY who chose Naksu. I wonder, did she want Naksu to take revenge somehow on those who had wronged her? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frozentundra said:

No, she wasn't amnesiac, at least, I don't think so. But she was a small child when this happened, not someone who could easily travel alone. Since her father was part and parcel of Jin Mu's scheme to use her to steal the ice stone, I also feel she did not want to go home. I mean...Jin Mu used her and left her to drown, so it's not like she would have warm, fuzzy feelings towards that part of her family, you know? She might even be scared of what would happen if she did go back.

Where was her mother? Most kids would want to go home to mum. 

I was more intrigued by MD than Naksu and not much was written about her.  But the story was so convoluted, I didn't want spend much time trying to figure out kdrama. I had spent a lot of time analysing Araby, Oedipus etc. I just want to rant and rave entertaining shows.

I plan to watch the first few episodes and see if it catches me.

4 minutes ago, maribella said:

Where was her mother? Most kids would want to go home to mum. 

I was more intrigued by MD than Naksu and not much was written about her.  But the story was so convoluted, I didn't want spend much time trying to figure out kdrama. I had spent a lot of time analysing Araby, Oedipus etc. I just want to rant and rave entertaining shows.

I plan to watch the first few episodes and see if it catches me.

I think a lot of your questions will become clear if you watch the drama. It's a complicated plot and even those who have watched have questions, lol. 

BY did keep the blindfold her mother made her, and apparently valued it, because she still had it years later when So-i got it from her somehow (we don't know how, whether by force or whether BY gave it to her). And her reaction at the end in the strangling scene shows she did still love her mother. But for whatever reason (a good reason? plot holes?) she didn't make it back home until now.

Her mother is the Jin family head (the lady with the funky eyeliner). She idolized BY. This was the child who died in the womb and she convinced Jang Uk's dad to use the ice stone to bring BY back to life. He did (because he was quite fascinated by the ice stone, and this was his way of getting at it. Eventually he realized it was a bad thing, and dumped it in the lake). But Jin Mama's husband was very jealous, he didn't realize it was his own child and felt a lot of resentment towards Jang Uk's dad. He thought she had cheated on him. That is one reason he went along with Jin Mu's plan to steal back the stone, not really caring what happened to BY. 

Jin Mama does love BY, but it's like an obsession; she doesn't care about anyone else nearly as much. She completely neglects poor Choyeon, her actual living daughter who is in her house. She is so obsessed over even the memory of BY that she can't even see that Mudeok is the living body of her daughter. It's sad and disturbing. Meanwhile BY is attached to the body still, floating around in the ether (soul soup?) but only coming out at dire moments to take over the body and protect Naksu or Uk from danger. So I think she didn't realize she was again near her mother until that moment when her mother decided to strangle her.

Basically, the whole Jin family is really, really messed up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, frozentundra said:

I think a lot of your questions will become clear if you watch the drama. It's a complicated plot and even those who have watched have questions, lol. 

I tried, but the more I watched yhe murkier it became. The MD-BY-Naksu link(s) were the key to the story, I felt, and being unsure of  who was acting/reacting was frustrating.  
Since the connection will be absent in Part 2, I'm going to try watching it.

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oh My Girl’s Arin And Yoo In Soo Return Matured To “Alchemy Of Souls Part 2” But With An Increasingly Complicated Relationship

“Alchemy of Souls Part 2” has shared a preview of Yoo In Soo and Oh My Girl’s Arin three years after the end of Part 1!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls. After Part 1 of the drama stole viewers’ hearts this summer, “Alchemy of Souls” is gearing up to return next month with Part 2 – which will be set three years after Part 1.

Arin and Yoo In Soo will reprise their respective roles as Jin Cho Yeon and Park Dan Gu, the previously engaged couple who now has a love-hate relationship. After the retirement of Park Dang Gu’s uncle Park Jin (Yoo Joon Sang), Park Dang Gu inherits Songrim and will now showcase his exceptional business skills. On the other hand, the past three years has helped Jin Cho Yeon grow from an immature youngest daughter to a respectable lady. With circumstances now being so different for this pair, their relationship is bound to become even more complicated.

On December 5, “Alchemy of Souls” teased Jin Cho Yeon and Park Dang Gu’s developed maturity with new stills. In these photos, both characters have matured gazes and show off their aloof charisma. Although they were both bright and cheerful in Part 1, three years has completely changed the auras of Jin Cho Yeon and Park Dang Gu.

Arin-1.jpeg

Arin-2.jpeg

Spoiler

Yoo-In-Soo-1.jpeg

Yoo-In-Soo-2.jpeg

A key point to look out for will be the relationship between Jin Cho Yeon and Park Dang Gu, which left viewers hanging at the end of Part 1. Despite the conflict between their families, Jin Cho Yeon and Park Dang Gu had so much love and affection for each other that they were able to overcome differences and get engaged. However, an unexpected incident occurs at their wedding ceremony when Mu Deok (Jung So Min) runs away, tearing the couple apart. On top of this, Jin Cho Yeon loses her father Jin Woo Tak (Joo Suk Tae) to the runaway Mu Deok, creating a well of poison in her heart. Stay tuned to see how Jin Cho Yeon and Park Dang Gu’s relationship moves forward in Part 2!

“Alchemy of Souls Part 2” premieres on December 10. Check out a teaser here!

Oh My Girl’s Arin And Yoo In Soo Return Matured To “Alchemy Of Souls Part 2” But With An Increasingly Complicated Relationship | Soompi

• Like 3

13 hours ago, frozentundra said:

What I wonder is why she sucked Naksu's soul into her body. She obviously recognized her as someone with powerful magic. Naksu saw her and originally rejected her, seeing that body as weak. Yet it was BY who chose Naksu. I wonder, did she want Naksu to take revenge somehow on those who had wronged her? 

@frozentundra Not sure if this has been written somewhere in the forum, but I don't have time to backread.

We all know Bu-yeon/Mu-deok is a powerful priestess and I'm thinking she may already know that Naksu will take control of her body (via a divination) and she let her because she knows Naksu is the key to enable Jang Uk to awaken the King's Star in him.

Just as light and shadow complement each other and cannot exist without the other, I hope Uk and Naksu will have the same relationship. The King's Star doesn't necessarily make Uk good and being a soul shifter doesn't make Naksu evil.   

• Like 4

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Lee Jae Wook Is A Heartbroken Monster Who Carries His Dead Lover’s Sword In “Alchemy Of Souls Part 2”

“Alchemy of Souls Part 2” is gearing up for its premiere!

On December 6, tvN unveiled a new highlight teaser for “Alchemy of Souls Part 2” ahead of its premiere on December 10.

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls. After Part 1 of the drama stole viewers’ hearts this summer, “Alchemy of Souls” is gearing up to return next month with Part 2—which will be set three years after Part 1.

The highlight clip kicks off with Jang Wook (Lee Jae Wook), who returned from the dead as a monster, saying, “I should have died then. I am committing a sin by existing. So I made up my mind not to do anything.” Kim Do Joo (Oh Na Ra) advises him to forget about his dead lover, who has become a source of deep resentment to Jang Wook as a star-crossed love, by saying, “Get rid of that red stone you are carrying at the spot where you were struck by the sword. Why are you carrying that yin-yang jade you shared with the deceased?” The story of Jang Wook, who is carrying his dead lover’s sword and using it to reap the souls in other people’s bodies, saddens the viewers’ hearts.

In the next scene, yin-yang jade sheds its light as Jang Wook meets a woman with the face of Nak Soo (Go Yoon Jung) who has lost her memories. Jang Wook says, “You are useful as long as you have that great spiritual power.” In a whirlwind of emotions and events, Jang Wook’s feelings toward the mysterious woman grow, raising anticipation for the rapport and relationship that the two will develop in the future.

Watch the full highlight clip below!

“Alchemy of Souls Part 2” will premiere on December 10 at 9:10 p.m. KST. Check out another teaser for Part 2 here!

Watch: Lee Jae Wook Is A Heartbroken Monster Who Carries His Dead Lover’s Sword In “Alchemy Of Souls Part 2” | Soompi

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I hope Soi will continue to be Yul's guardian angel.   :D

But but but... Chingu....?!?!?

Dane Dehaan GIF

41 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

I think either So-yi is going to finally get some chingus, or she will die.

So I getting some chingus:

Michael Gaston No GIF by ABC Network

41 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

But I don't think she will ever win Yul's heart... :D (Sorry!)

Pray World Series GIF by MLB

• LOL 2
  • Awesome 1