[Drama 2021] Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ☀️ 갯마을 차차차

Maetawinz

EP 6......

I have so much feels for this story and the characters I cant tell you Lol.

Hye Jin's reaction a lot may find rude but its a way of her protecting herself, not everyone can be stable headed and differentiate or STOP liking someone and be friends with them. Maybe the entry of SML oppa may be helpful to her. <I Hope if Her and DO Sik aren't meant to be then >

Do Sik , every episode my only question is where do I find him , but he is like what Hye Jin says is exhausting for her and me IRL. He makes her do stuff she doesn't like because she due to experiences has closed off herself , and now Do Sik has unintentionally opened a pandora's box which she cant control. For her its more tough to switch from Love---> Like----> friendship.

Do Sik on the other hand first analyses and then open up his smile heart and himself, he isn't an EVIL but man does he know the effect he has on people?  I wonder Lol. 

Side theme of the Cafe owner and his daughter makes you see the error where we cant see the sacrifices a parent makes sometimes because we are at a stage not mature enough by then. So sweet to see them though.

I HATE HATE HATE RESTAURENT OWNER's husband, Uptil now like that guy is super disrespectful to both his Ex and the girl he wants to date. Nope just nOPE....Go away....

SML uptil now is always outdone by Do Sik lmao. The one place he may have wanted to , SML outdid him ahahahaha...talk about epic Twist. Looking forward to some Spice now in the heart of moddy waves.....

• Like 11

371b3d5814fd64ff6bc63f8f968e656618e4d3de 

It's poll time! Share your thoughts on the mysteries of our Chief Hong, the new addition of PD to the village, and general community of Gongjin with us. 

See the poll above and vote :D 

tagging

@refugeebluez @nyk @mysticmango @Yinye @rocher22 @paolaadl @Ohsh @yyaavv @Irmautarii @STARSX @yanki222 @Sunset @backstreetboysfan @ned_lee @the_sweetroad @heartoppaya @marrez1 @madmad min @Learry @c Cinc @anjuliet @Latte_Anyday @smhelen @cuteyabby @ck1Oz @Maetawinz @petra 

cr: @Lmangla @partyon @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

Hahaha looks like nobody likes Village Chief and at this rate he'll be the most hated in this show where nobody is really hateworthy. Seriously what do you mean by eating your ex wife's cucumber kimchi and then going after your son's teacher like that, out in the open. And then you only text ex-wife to pick up trash bags and didn't even ask her about her health. Disgraceful!

I don't think Du Sik had a wife and child because the 5 yrs period when he was missing was supposed to be his graduation or post-graduation period and nobody would get married and have a child at that age in today's times, even in Asia. Also having a family is not something shameful that needs to be shrouded in secrecy so it makes no sense that his neighbours won't know about it. The photo that we saw today seems quite dated. So that was either baby Du Sik or his senior from army's family, the senior whom he failed to save and hence has survivor's guilt. Top Gun comes to mind. He sees the photo right after a conversation about kids growing up without parents, may be that boy is growing up without his father who died at war and HDS feels responsible.

Edited by refugeebluez
  • Like 10
  • Insightful 1

My INCREDIBLY LONG-RickRoll'D RANT after ep 6:

Dear Dushik, 
NO BISH, things are awkward because you chose to pretend that kiss didn't happen, and it was a big deal to hye jin, why you so DUMB-DUMB in matters of love? And ohmygod, did he just play the kiss for gags. he made fun of HJ's feelings as a 'biological crisis' because HE can't deal with feelings and attachment. Ugh Du-Shik, that was a RickRoll'D teenager move.
Seriously dude, you make moon-eyes at her, and then you friendzone her SO BRUTALLY? ugh. He REALLY thinks friendzoning her is going to release all that unresolved Sexual-Tension? Oh boy...

-Ugh, whyyyyy Du-shikk.. whyyy you keep giving her mixed signals man? Why you gotta hurt us, right in the kokoro, man?

-When HJ asks Du-shik not to cross his lines, i felt it. She's right... although I can see how many of us, and Du-shik himself would argue that he hasn't crossed any lines. Gosh, one-sided feelings, unrequited love are so frustrating and painful at the same time. No-body's wrong... but what's the solution really?

-I dislike how Du-Shik's always like: 'guess what, I thought you'd changed, but I'm wrong'.,... heck, why does she have to change for you to be civil to her? Unless you believe there was something seriously wrong with her to begin with? Why does he behave like a petulant, angsty teenager with Hye-Jin?

On a sweeter note..
-Gam-ri Halmoni being all pleased whenever she's feeding the kids is so wholesome and adorable!

-The bromane between the MLs is so cute too... the mukbang, and the directions... hahahahah! xD

-Oh yoon being the sweetest/saddest dad of the year broke my heart a little T_T

-Oh no.. Du-shik opens an old photo of a toddler and a woman... now, is the baby him... or is the baby his? dang.
-Bora being a good singer is soo uWu, and Il-Jeun watching her awestruck, and being a toddler falling in love for the first time... aww! <3

-My BL-loving head automatically went to a KSH x LSY BL-CP at the ending scene... gosh, they make a lovely couple... writer-nim.. it's still not too late to chuck out the cis-het romance, y'know? :P

-So, he didn't sponsor her 4USD coffee, but he spared her 10cents for her milk, back in the day. Augh, my hearteu! TT

• Like 12
  • Love 1

it's gossip girl in this town:joy::joy:

the relationship between the father (the former singer) and his daughter, the best relationship ever:), really it's top 

The little girl who sang was so adorable:love: and the grandma, frankly I loved it, had a great time

ex husband may seem a little insensitive but they are precisely divorced, what is wrong though is that they see each other almost every day,:astonished: what to do if one of them wants to marry someone else one day ? they have to move forward, it's hard, I hope the ex wife will find someone else

So our ML Chief Hong had been married with a baby but both are dead? that's why he lives like this, if it's true it's terribly sad, but now he fals in love with FL

Now there's a rumor in various comments, that ML has a fatal disease and would end up dying in the last episode, and FL would end up with SML, really that's amazing
The first 6 episodes are so good and sweet I'm afraid the second part of the drama will be melodramatic or even tragic

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

Mystery to the photo in DS Leo Tolstoy book; my opinion is the guy in the picture is not shown cox he was somebody DS knew and passed away, and DS had been living with survival guilt and he had been sending money to the lady and baby in the picture.

Leo Tolstoy book What men live by has a few short stories.

The three questions may be inspiration to the three mysteries in the town.

The coffee house of Surat may be inspiration to the coffee cafe and bar.

DS upbringing is an ice berg of a story, where the term it takes a village to raise a child per se.

Edited by Paperx Atelier
duplicate content
  • Like 7
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Chibi8535 said:

NO BISH, things are awkward because you chose to pretend that kiss didn't happen, and it was a big deal to hye jin, why you so DUMB-DUMB in matters of love? And ohmygod, did he just play the kiss for gags. he made fun of HJ's feelings as a 'biological crisis' because HE can't deal with feelings and attachment. Ugh Du-Shik, that was a RickRoll'D teenager move.
Seriously dude, you make moon-eyes at her, and then you friendzone her SO BRUTALLY? ugh. He REALLY thinks friendzoning her is going to release all that unresolved Sexual-Tension? Oh boy...

-Ugh, whyyyyy Du-shikk.. whyyy you keep giving her mixed signals man? Why you gotta hurt us, right in the kokoro, man?

-When HJ asks Du-shik not to cross his lines, i felt it. She's right... although I can see how many of us, and Du-shik himself would argue that he hasn't crossed any lines. Gosh, one-sided feelings, unrequited love are so frustrating and painful at the same time. No-body's wrong... but what's the solution really?

-I dislike how Du-Shik's always like: 'guess what, I thought you'd changed, but I'm wrong'.,... heck, why does she have to change for you to be civil to her? Unless you believe there was something seriously wrong with her to begin with? Why does he behave like a petulant, angsty teenager with Hye-Jin?

THANK YOU!!! I FEEL exactly the same....Biological Crisis? The man asked HYeJin Not to wear Tights while running beccause the Town has an Older generation but Tells her it is a biological crisis and a normal thing to kiss when drunk as it happens in the WEST TOO. BOY STOP Trolling Her and Yourself too ...jeesh.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

The episodes go by so quickly! So fun.

- I loved how Du sik benefitted from Gam-ri halmeoni's "apology meal" to the SML. She made it for the SML but DS ate it very comfortably, too. :lol:

- The pregnant mom telling her unborn baby not to listen to the dad's singing was too funny.

- So great to have the song contest bring some screen time for all of the townspeople. This talent show was done so well with good pacing. Other dramas have filler talent shows or concerts (*cough* Coffee Prince *cough* *cough*) but this one was thankfully not cringe-worthy.

- "Is Dr. Yoon a good dancer or a bad dancer?" :D

- DS has the longest work days ever. Man, the man is non-stop.

Hye-jin getting more involved in the town and going so far to help teenager Ju-ri reminds me of Hugh Grant in one of my favorite movies, About a Boy.

And it's definitely a mystery who the family is in that photo. It seemed like he deliberately did not want to look at the man in the photo...unsure if that's because he's angry with him or another reason. Ugh it would be heartbreaking if that were him, his wife, and their baby :(

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

- I think halemoni is the only one who knows what happened with Dusik as she was in contact with him when he was in Seoul. So if the pic was his wife and baby she wouldn’t have chided him for not having a wife as it would be a sensitive topic. 
- the topic being discussed with the cafe owner just before the pic was parenting and parents so it would most likely be his mother.

- the lady in the pic her dress looks vintage.

- if he was so not over his wife and baby passing away, that he’s still seeking therapy, I doubt he would fall in love at first sight with Hye Jin. It would have instead be shown on the lines of something like falling in love slowly and not realising it.

So all in all I think the pic is of his mom. 

Where the nightmare is concerned I feel that his job led to a mistake or accident and some person/ people died. He blames himself for it.  Not sure if it’s related to an engineering job or something to do with the armed forces since he was a good fighter. 

Spoiler

It’s already on Instagram that the pic with the baby was KSH himself (the hidden man). It’s a behind the scene pic. So either it’s his wife (most likely now I guess) or if it’s his mom then the father’s role is also played by him (unlikely though). 

• Like 8
  • Shocked 2
  • Insightful 2

Doo Shik your words may lie but your eyes do not. Seung Hyeon & Chief Hong make a cute couple LoL! 

Ahahahah at I Hyun gushing over Bo Ra. Her dad's hip thrusts though.. Oh my eyes, OH. MY. EYES. No surprises on how Bo Ra was conceived huh LoL geez. 

Does this mean Seung Hyeon met Hye Jin back at school as shown in epilogue? Wah~Hye Jin ah you got 2 guys hooked onto you from such an early age eheh. 

Oh my Lord the way Ju Ri & her dad ran after that D.O.S' June guy  ahahahahah!!! 

Mystery on Chief Hong continues.. Who's the woman with child in pic that made him cry..? 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

i so love both episodes 5&6! more memories revealed. more lessons learned. can't wait for the weekend again! will rewatch all 6 episodes again! 

I was surpised when DS & HJ met when they were I think highschool. It was DS who added the money for HJ. wow! more memories of them please! 

Edited by cuteyabby
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, Raynaa said:

It’s already on Instagram that the pic with the baby was KSH himself (the hidden man). It’s a behind the scene pic. So either it’s his wife (most likely now I guess) or if it’s his mom then the father’s role is also played by him (unlikely though). 

Would you mind giving me link please, i really want to see the picture.

• Like 3

The evil villain  in Vincenzo is a loving father in Hometown Cha Cha Cha. This drama so lovable because of so many side story about the village folks. Like others, I do agree the picture doesn't represent Du Sik family because the village folks knows him since he was a child. Being raised in village meaning these people are your family too. I don't think Du Sik secretly married to anyone. About the military stuff, probably something happen during his enlistment. That's my theory

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Paperx Atelier said:

Mystery to the photo in DS Leo Tolstoy book; my opinion is the guy in the picture is not shown cox he was somebody DS knew and passed away, and DS had been living with survival guilt and he had been sending money to the lady and baby in the picture.

The picture of the guy is not show to keep things a mystery for the next couple of episodes, my friend :P

• Like 5

@bgcldx2208 

Spoiler

It’s been taken down now I guess. It was one of Kim SeonHo’s fan pages. So basically the actor is him in the suit next to the lady and baby. The pic was Kim SeonHo in a black suit (mostly the same one they showed in the series) holding the Baby in the pic (baby is also wearing a shirt and bow tie). The lady actor was not in the pic.

Possibly he’s playing his fathers role too?

Because it’s confusing if it was his baby and wife whom he is still mourning, love at first sight with Hye Jim wouldn’t make sense I think. 

• Like 10

I am really looking forward to next week’s episode. I liked the chemistry between DS and SH, looks like a budding bromance. I hope it doesn’t turn sour with the love triangle. 

Would really be surprised if DS had a backstory of a dead wife and child prior to returning to Gongjin. Somehow doesn’t match with the lighthearted fun vibe of the romance so far.  Hopefully the story won’t turn too dark, I am loving the atmosphere of the show so far! It is a good fun watch

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Does this mean Seung Hyeon met Hye Jin back at school as shown in epilogue? Wah~Hye Jin ah you got 2 guys hooked onto you from such an early age eheh. 

The name plate on that boy's uniform said Hong Du-Shik. Glad I learnt korean letters a few years ago. hehe

• Like 7

Fancam of Gong jin hot star. :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

And Ost part2 that play during raining scene available now.

20420364.jpg

Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha OST Part 2

Track Listing

01. 어느 햇살 좋은 날 (One Sunny Day) – 케이시(Kassy)

02. 어느 햇살 좋은 날 (One Sunny Day) – 케이시(Kassy) (Inst.)

Cr. Spotify 

• Like 8