[Drama 2021] Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ☀️ 갯마을 차차차

Maetawinz

Hi i'm new here. 

The writernim really give me a bizzare thought that doo sik is actually ji pyeong from start up. Explain the 5 years mia.

Clues : Both are orphans, have good relation with halmeonis, mathematic winner... and at ep 5 talking to sml about 'self driving' car... hahaha..

As for ep. 6. If you have watched 'mr handy mr hong' hj will sleep at doo sik house one more time...

Cant wait for today episode...

• LOL 8
  • Insightful 1

Hometown Cha Cha Cha - Episode 5
9240779041058abe025885a00e9ca7e5b4ecb5e0.gifv

Spoiler
0432264b925e197d350d2566af68f636a3ad39b5.gifv
82bdab406ee481e07d445da7a65f37fc43d539f9.gifv
77ae315976982b64b4ffa0875b55a41485cd8363.gifv
52ee1ac6d41a1ea857c03fa470ffb2f9bd0c6e40.gifv
846d7739da8e13886169b3ef0c76f7ea473224af.gifv

1a3cba9abbd30a44b0334a425895045ac7fa4764.gifv
Spoiler

82aa3b7c1f38b33ef82fdf41f169856f712648fb.gifv

690f95cb7f3b937e881d61c1553c9f5742597159.gifv

======

“Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha” Ratings Break Into Double Digits For New All-Time High

Sep 11, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha” shows no signs of slowing down!

On September 5, the new romance drama starring Kim Seon Ho and Shin Min Ah achieved its highest viewership ratings yet. According to Nielsen Korea, the fifth episode of “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha” scored an average nationwide rating of 10.0 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all channels and setting a new personal record for the show.

“Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha” also reached a new all time-high among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored a nationwide average of 5.0 percent and a peak of 5.7 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1488294wpp/hometown-cha-cha-cha-ratings-break-into-double-digits-for-new-all-time-high

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 4
  • Blob 1

I'm enjoying and love this drama so much so I don't want to sound like I'm complaining.. Hye Jin was drenched wet from top to bottom, front and back while playing in the rain however at the end when DS was feeling if she had a fever, her front was obviously quite dry.

:idk:

Anyway just close one eye and continue to enjoy!

• LOL 7

@Yinye, I was about to the same thing about the gossips in villages in Asia thing. I'm an introvert and I have had so much frustration every time I go to my native village. They practically watch you every minute. I don't know how they get the time. :crazily:

One scene no one seemed to talk about here that left an impression on me was the one when Hye Jin wasn't really a fashionista. She barely had different clothes and preferred wearing sneakers. I wonder if she is so materialistic only because of her ex-bf's caustic words. I hope not.

I hate it when people become insecure because of the mockery of shallow people. When I was personally bullied in middle school, I became more determined to be the way I am and never change for such crappy people.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Sunset said:

@Yinye.....

One scene no one seemed to talk about here that left an impression on me was the one when Hye Jin wasn't really a fashionista. She barely had different clothes and preferred wearing sneakers. I wonder if she is so materialistic only because of her ex-bf's caustic words. I hope not.

I hate it when people become insecure because of the mockery of shallow people. When I was personally bullied in middle school, I became more determined to be the way I am and never change for such crappy people.

I think the nerdy HJ hearing her bf complaining abt her looks made her the fashionista and real world version of herself today. But this might be a hard struggle or still a work in progress for her coz she is still affected and I must say sensitive when the BFF mentioned that what she's saying abt DS is the actually the same things that she experienced.

She conciously change/ reinvent herself instead of just be herself ... but yes people have diff coping mechanism in dealing w life things that's why I am enjoying watching this drama as it shows some of it. 

Anyways, glad to hear abt your determination in facing those crappy people @Sunset;) 

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, ned_lee said:

She conciously change/ reinvent herself instead of just be herself ... but yes people have diff coping mechanism in dealing w life things that's why I am enjoying watching this drama as it shows some of it. 

Anyways, glad to hear abt your determination in facing those crappy people @Sunset;) 

Yup. She is looking fab everyday to make a statement. When that sexual predator spewed crap, I loved that awesome kick she gave. That's the spunk I love about Hye Jin. She really has a tough exterior but is incredibly sensitive too.  

This world needs more counsellors , therapists and good and supportive families. 

• Like 9

23 minutes ago, Sunset said:

This world needs more counsellors , therapists and good and supportive families. 

So true. DS is an orphan and HJ lost her mom and is distant from her dad. Seems like this will be more of a "healing drama" than I first thought.

(Then again, many kdramas have such sad traumas for which the characters need healing. :tears::wub:)

I'm glad DS is seeing a psychiatrist, and hopefully Gongjin will become the supportive family that HJ has needed since her mom died.

• Like 11

thats it.  loving this drama a lot. I think he has somebody that he failed to protect before. That explains the refusal to take care of that  pet hedgehog... doesn't want to involve himself to anything that has a life in it.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 4

3 hours ago, Sunset said:

Hye Jin definitely became fashionista in order to look appealing to people, as this experience shaped her. I think the flashback showed how this bad boyfriend marked her. Now she cares about social positions, appearances, levels etc.

Also, the second male lead was friends with her ex boyfriend, so it also offers this connection that she will remeet this guy with her "improved" looks. 

In episode 1 I already noted how shallow it was for her to buy such expensive shoes when she'd just lost her job, and then proceeded to go to the beach with those unsuitable shoes. I guess this explains why she did it. She is trying hard to be "someone", which is why she can't understand Du Shik and his "simple" ways. 

In this global world, a lot of importance is given to money + success. Du Shik reminds us that those aren't the only important factors, happiness and health is much more important, which is why he is friendly and helps out people, except on his resting day. 

Du Shik has a trauma. Military background seems reasonable, or maybe he lost someone due to his actions, so this is why he does not take care of living things, and looks back over his shoulder, as if death is following him. Also, he was an engineer graduate, so maybe he had a high-risk job that had consequences? 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 3

Hi all! I am loving the show so far and I think the dimples couple has a lovely chemistry. However, this episode I was a tad irritated with DS as I think he is doing too much of a push-pull with HY. On one hand, he initiated intimacy by helping her clean her lips but yet he rejects her when she does the same. He draws the line firmly that he doesn’t like her but holds her hand to pull her into the rain. He reciprocated her kiss but then pretended it didn’t happen. No wonder poor HY is so confused. If DS wasn’t such a cutie and sweetie normally I would have considered him a jerk. At this moment I am quite glad the second lead is in the picture to provide some competition for HY’s affection and wake up DS’s idea a bit. I hope HY gives him a lot of grief! Looking forward to tonight!!

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Ohsh said:

I think he is doing too much of a push-pull with HY. On one hand, he initiated intimacy by helping her clean her lips but yet he rejects her when she does the same. He draws the line firmly that he doesn’t like her but holds her hand to pull her into the rain. He reciprocated her kiss but then pretended it didn’t happen. No wonder poor HY is so confused.

You're right. I haven't thought about this until now and it's really weird. To become a couple they need to discuss their feelings and intentions with each other. I understand why the arguing is necessary now. Let's see how it will happen in today's episode. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Yinye said:

Hiiiiii everyone!

FYI since I saw a comment that thought the neighbors were rude and being stalkers. In a small, tight knit village in Asia, everyone is just like the neighbors in Gongjin. They don’t do it to be stalkers or rude; it is how the social structure and characteristic of many Asian village society. In Asia, community and social relationships have always been super important. When I lived in my tiny village by the sea in Japan, the whole community knew if I had a visitor from outside the village or if something happened. It isn’t done out of malice or bad intentions. 

ep.5

Reveal hidden contents

Lol so funny from the start! I am cringing for HJ’s drunk antics. I am suddenly glad that I am a sleepy drunk lol. That whole scene foe hangover breakfast in the restaurant is great. The neighborhood gang snooping and trying to figure out chemistry type lol 

Ah the scene when HJ ask DS directly was sooo good and it’s scenes like this that I really like about this drama. What DS said was so true -‘don’t be so calculating’ and overthinking stuff with the self lens; people get so hung up on all these other things except what matters: sincerity and good intentions.

heheh I was right about DS being a prodigy!! I also liked that all the characters on this show are all flawed, 3D, and multifaceted. They are consistent too - like HJ is still a little snob and narrowed minded but gets reality checked; I enjoy it! 

The rainy beach scene was beautiful, especially the pink sky! Ohhhh she kissed him when she was drunk lol but didn’t remember lol. Interesting that DS says nothing happened!

ohhh finally we get more info about DS’s trauma. Yikes bloody hands!! The rumors of murder and asylum are hints or red herrings?  

Gah next episode is tonight thank goodness

I think ‘fighting’ is good! It allows both HJ and DS to learn how to communicate and resolve issues. By avoiding fights all together, it doesn’t help. I look forward to it since fights is good to undercover uncomfy truths and feelings.

Yep. I totally agree with that. I'm from India so I did not find that scene abnormal at all. My country is hella crowded and people here don't understand the concept of privacy as well. It's annoying albeit but quite relatable. :sweat_smile: In fact in smaller villages, if someone from a big city visits, they'll follow that person around thinking they're trying to help.

8 hours ago, Yinye said:

8 hours ago, Yinye said:

8 hours ago, Yinye said:

Reveal hidden contents

Edited by refugeebluez
  • Like 4

Ep 6 is also very good and funny as usual! I have a smile on my face for the entire episode. So many good little details but it is way past my zzz time. 

Spoiler

I am going to enjoy this even more if the love triangle isn’t about our two guys over HJ but HJ and SH fighting over DS lol!!! 

Edited by Yinye
  • Like 4
  • LOL 4

Oh better no love triangle please :huh:

Why you need another man to make the male lead get jealous. Please don't make it too typical that way. 

Now I am so curious about Hong Bang Jang's past. Who are they in the photo?

His parents died when he's six so it shouldn't have cause the trauma since he seemed okay when he's still a kid and stayed with his grandfather. Some said the woman is his wife?

But it seemed he never had a girlfriend before. Can't wait for the story to reveal! 

• Like 11

37 minutes ago, nyk said:

Oh better no love triangle please :huh:

Why you need another man to make the male lead get jealous. Please don't make it too typical that way.

Aaaaah looks like the third part has arrived, and in such funny scene, they recreate SML and Du Sik's first meeting, and it's super awkward as he witnesses the "reunion". Sparks ARE definitely flying. That PD guy is smitten, he recognises Hye Jin only from the back (HOW?!?!?), despite the last time they met, it was definitely years ago. PD guy immediately asks if Hye Jin is seeing anyone :D Guy works fast. I suppose he had a crush on her back when she was his friend's girlfriend? Du Sik definitely looks bothered/troubled... 

I am retracting some of my words, since I think he definitely likes her. Every episode there's a part where they show his soft smile and gaze at her, when she doesn't notice him. But his mysterious past is holding him back.

I love that Du Sik and Hye Jin met three times in their life. First as kids on the beach as they take photos with their families, then as teenagers, and now as adults. Third time's the charm? 

Open mysteries:

• what happened for village chief and land lady to divorce? First love is trying to be kind and include landlady/her unnie, and it's making everything aaaaawkward haha
  • Du Sik's missing 5 years. 
  • Du Sik's photo. Is that him? As baby or as parent? 
  • The woman Du Sik showed around town. She may be part of the film crew? She was there at granny's house as Du Sik tried to convince her of... something
  • Hye Jin's feelings toward Du Sik. She is being prickly and defensive (again?). I suppose he challenges her, and her world view, and she thinks they are in different social positions - none of these problems she has with PD guy. 

At least we have now Bora's unexpected charm and Ijun being hit by the truck of love haha. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Thoughts on that certain picture in episode 6:

Spoiler

I'm leaning so much on it being Doo Shik's late wife and kid? Like after college he fell in love, got married and had a family but something happened that caused them to die. Too many hints in the last 6 episodes for this:

• the tux in the picture looks similar to the one he has. Even that small shot of the guy's haircut looks similar to his
  • when DS agreed with HJ that divorce isn't something to be ashamed about, hmmm
  • when DS caught himself after saying "love" being one of the other valuable things in life at the restaurant
  • Oh Yoon telling him in ep 6 to start dating again and Juri saying ,"It's kind of sad to let him live forever missing a dead person". This show loves parallels so I thought this was a Big Hint 

For all the speculations re: trauma the possibility of a dead wife and baby was definitely not on my bingo card...

• Like 8
  • Insightful 2

11 minutes ago, mysticmango said:

Thoughts on that certain picture in episode 6:

Hide contents
  • when DS agreed with HJ that divorce isn't something to be ashamed about, hmmm

Wow! I notice about his expression when he said that too and I thought it must be something. What you said really make sense. And he sang 'Old love'. The lyric is about the ex-lover. It can imply something about his past. 

:Woah:

• Like 6

This show is a riot! This episode is by far my most favourite. Hong Banjang is no village simpleton, clearly! He knows how to take a relationship at his own pace. First he goes all the way to her clinic to tell her that it's no big deal. Then he tells her that some lines can be crossed if they're both comfortable with it. And also calls them 'chingu'. Chingu or friends is a dangerous term when you have already crossed that line. It's vague, it's undefined and it can be abused with ease. Let's be honest, you cannot take back a kiss. However, I'm not worried since it's Hong Du Sik and not Park Jae Eon :lol:. Hong Banjang will never do anything to hurt our Hye Jin.

This episode packed in a lot! I loved the music concert and all the elements in it. For me, Ju Ri and her father were the winners in tonight's episode. I thoroughly enjoyed their scenes from beginning to end. I don't enjoy side characters so much since in most dramas they are nothing but fillers. But some shows like Hometown Cha Cha Cha, CLOY manage to get the subplots so right, it creates something delightful!

I also liked Hye Jin's phone call to her father. It was such a random but sweet conversation. I live away from my hometown so I appreciate those late night 5 minute conversations with parents to discuss totally random stuff, a lot!

There were other small touches which I liked a lot. Hwajeong not making a fuss about where to sit, Bo Ra's mother telling her unborn baby to not listen when the father was singing on stage, grandmas singing and how awkward were Hye Jin & Du Sik on stage lol!

Finally Hye Jin and her old flame/crush/chingu met. I'm happy that now she'll get attention from another man which will keep her occupied and lift her mind from her tension with Du Sik. And it's good for Du Sik to get some competition, he's getting too cheeky lol.

Regarding Du Sik's past, I still think he was in the military. When he looks at the photo inside the book, he doesn't look at the man, only the woman with the baby. I'm guessing that's a baby Du Sik in his mother's arm. Why does he not look at his father? Does he hate him, blame him for their death? There's something there.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1