[Drama 2021] Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ☀️ 갯마을 차차차

Maetawinz

Hong Du Shik: "I don't understand why people love tteokbokki so much"

3 minutes ago, Chibi8535 said:

I always had a hunch, that every show does it's own 'style' of drunk. Some get soapy & melodramatic, some are sassy and poised even when sloshed. 'A bunch of 5 year olds' is the concept here, and I LOVE it, hahaha! :D

I love the fact that in the first drunkscapade it was romantic and in the second drunkscapade it was bromantic. Nam Sook seriously has the best timing ever. LOL

People say that they don't like Seung Hyun too much and that he sounds manipulative. But I don't feel so. It was obvious that he was helping Gamri because he wanted the house, but he was very nice to her. He wasn't bribing her when he was cleaning, that's not how you bribe people. The snacks, cake and hat were bribes but cleaning wasn't. He actually enjoys his time with her. And we did see how her kids and grandkids really don't want much to do with her, in contrast, when Du Shik, Hye Jin, Seung Hyun, June and Juri were around she was smiling so brightly. So what Seung Hyun did (bringing in June and thereby Juri too) wasn't bad, and what Du Shik did (bringing in Seung Hyun and Hye Jin) actually made her day brighter. That's not bribing. That's giving Gamri happiness. She loved it. And with all that Seung Hyun finally got to borrow her house. That's well earned. 

But yes, I do sense impending doom when it actually comes to the love triangle because Seung Hyun isn't the kind to give up, as many people around him explained to Du Shik, so that's gonna be a problem to our couple. But so far I'm enjoying the Drunk Trio, ShikHye couple and especially Ramyun Couple. The bromance was so much this episode. I can't wait to see more in today's episode.

• Like 10

hi everyone 

was a silent reader before this but cant help it after today's episode...i somehow have to register

love todays episode so much but what will happen next? seems like HJ father is not approving the relationship.

I feel that the father recognised DS from somewhere

Edited by sherie1905
  • Like 10

Someone help me process this!!

How did they go from fighting like 5 yr olds, mimicking each other to introducing Du Sik as her namjachingu to her father so soon? 

Not that I don't love it but HOW DID IT HAPPEN? Is it those tangerines, some more intense biological crisis or did they just unanimously take a decision that dimples look good together?

So there's a sexual predator in town! Who is it? Is it somebody we already know? Is he from Gongjin or did he come with the film crew?

During the last part of the episode when Hye Jin was being stalked, it reminded me of the 2003 film, Memories of Murder. I got chills for a second. How good was that hug btw. :love: 

And Du Sik's expressions when he was eating that porridge were so cute! And how he didn't throw it away despite it being so bad, apparently.

Doesn't Seong Hyun have too much energy? It's like he's always on Red Bull. Always pumped up, always ready, just goes on and on. Even while he was drunk, he insisted on playing more games till they passed out. I hate drinking with those kinda people who insist on some activity instead of just chilling and enjoying their drink. They just kill the buzz.

I like his character but like Du Sik even I can't help but feel that Seong Hyun keeps popping everywhere. Well, that's also Du Sik himself but then that's his livelihood. How does a director have so much time, shouldn't he plan his shoot, it's a very elaborate process after all. I'm not hating on him or anything, he's just a bit OTT for me. That's why I struggled with yesterday's episode.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

the next episode preview makes me excited and disappointed at the same time. 

everything is getting more complicated. they better have good ending!

it's too fast to happen in the next episode for both to admit that they're in relationship. 

And I am getting tired of two men competing over one girl. 

I feel sad for DS being left out and replaceable. I hope he can just feel good about it that he can have his day offs.

For Namsook, I feel sorry for her but her behavior of spreading bad rumors and gossiping is not acceptable. 

And they better reveal now what's going on between landlady, her ex-husband and school teacher.

• Like 10

That director looks like a stalker in my books. He's just disguising his stalking with smiles and playing good deeds. It seems like he's buying everyone's affection, so it looks too put on for me. He must be up to something. Producing a show is expensive, and he's already got the crew there. They should be doing pre-prod work. They do not seem to have a script for their show, and he's just wasting time (helping people) winning people's trust, when he should be preparing for their shoot. I can just imagine the production cost...paying the crew their salaries while they remain idle.

The people on the island welcomes outsider who are friendly and try to fit in with their way of life. What if the director is just scouting some of the houses. Like he want to borrow Gam Ri's house 15 days. That means they can be all over the house. Now he's helping the supermarket owner. Hmmm...

But the story plot is like waves and wind. It goes up and down, and sways from side to side and sometimes in circles. They just keep introducing new characters, but the main story remains flat. They keep teasing us with Chief Hong's back story. Was he abandoned by his family? We already know that he was left alone when his grandfather died and Gam Ri practically raised him. But he went to Seoul University and graduated with a degree in engineering. There was also the years when he was not on the island and nobody knows what happened to him. I wonder if he was the one who won the lottery. He did go to Seoul one time. What exactly did he do there?

We already know why Dr. Yoon has a princess complex, and why she likes to surround herself with expensive things (even if the designer shoes look horrible).

I liked the actor playing the village chief when he was a peasant soldier in My Country. But otherwise, his acting (for me) is always over-the-top. Also he does the same things and actions in his other works that are not even funny because it looks more like he's trying too hard. There is no naturalness in his comedic act.

Skipped the long drinking scenes and the eating scenes in eps. 7 and 8, as I found them boring and repetitive.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

I just want to say I really really love all of Hye Jin's bags on this drama! I want 'em eheh. 

Who the heck is that sick pervert?! And he keeps womens' underwear ew! Glad they caught the scammer although secretly I wanted Nam Sook to lose her money tsk. 

I swear only in asian dramas the men get mesmerized by women who put up their hair or kiss when they're asleep. 

I love that lil sly smirk Doo Shik had when Hye Jin sat next to him. He's too proud to admit he likes her. I feel for Seung Hyun... What's the deal with Cho Hee LoL?? She's bein' overtly nice to Hwa Jung.. What're her intentions? Is it sis-mance or somethin' else..? 

• Like 8
  • LOL 4

Love triangles are almost a given in Kdramas. I expect it that much that I am shocked when it doesn't happen. So I am cool with it.

The PD is behaving like a variety show contestant. They go on and on. And on. And on.

You can't last if you don't have the energy. They are also persistent, tenacious, pushy, goal driven and repeat the whole thing until the goal is achieved. As the PD who is going to stop him?

I must be so used to buzzing around 2nd male leads. Or female leads that I sort of live with his character. In fact its only because the actor is lovable that I can tolerate his behaviour. Because I can't stand the Chief or whatever the ex- husband is called.

His core character is so weak that his manipulations makes me repulsed where else SH just makes me watch it on- screen.  I mean can one become a successful PD by being nice and quiet? PD Na must be truly evil to come up with the schemes he does. So does the 2D1N PDs. Why would this show PD be any different? 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

Just as I expected, Nam Sook made me tear up. I did have a feeling that she might've lost her child but didn't really think about it. But seeing her two sides made me cry so bad, I'm not lying, I legit started crying when her daughter died. I knew she had the saddest story. And that explains why she's so nice to Juri. 

Why are people still blaming Seung Hyun? He's such a nice guy, I can't seem to find any fault with him. He obviously likes Hye Jin. When he brought her the rape whistle, baton and stuff I couldn't help but think of the difference between him and Du Shik. While Seung Hyun got stuff that would help only Hye Jin, Du Shik went on patrol, in order to capture the perp and save all the women and he also got her those bitter roots (I can't remember the name). And also the fact that the couple consumed what their significant other brought them to the last drop even if they were bitter (Hye Jin) or cooked bad (Du Shik) just explains without saying out loud that they are falling for each other, without even themselves knowing. And Du Shik holding his breath when Hye Jin was going to kiss him just made me see him in such a cute light. In the previous episode he was all sexy and this episode he was cute. When are you gonna stop us falling in love with you, oppa? And that hug, I know I don't have to explain how beautiful that hug was. And honestly if I was Hye Jin I would hug him too. Imagine being dead scared that someone is following you only to see someone waiting for you along the way. Imagine the relief that will overcome you. Even if it was someone I hate who's waiting for me at the end of the road I would hug them. That's the kind of satisfaction I would get if I'm in a scary situation.

I'm positive that something happened between Hwa Jeong and Cho Hee either when they were friends or at dinner in the last episode because Hwa Jeong was definitely avoiding her. And I mean something homosexual. Not in the sexual way but something related to it. I have a feeling that Cho Hee might've confessed her feelings to Hwa Jeong and that's why she's so affected by it. And also Hwa Jeong likes Cho Hee back and that's why she saved her from the perp and said "Not Cho Hee" to Young Guk when he said that he's gonna confess to Cho Hee that he likes her. This is one harda** love triangle I can't figure out.

Also, please don't hate Seung Hyun. He's so adorable. His bromance with Du Shik is the best thing ever. And even if he was definitely vying for Hye Jin's love, he does make a good contender because I think I'm kinda falling for him too. Never expected it to happen to be honest. He has that "next door oppa" vibe. And I would definitely chose him if Du Shik wasn't in the picture. 

Because Du Shik. Maaaaaaan. That man is out for every girl's heart. I'm sure I'm not the only one who watches every minute expression he makes.

Kim Seonho gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

• Like 8
  • Awesome 2

2 hours ago, reddragon said:

That director looks like a stalker in my books. He's just disguising his stalking with smiles and playing good deeds. It seems like he's buying everyone's affection, so it looks too put on for me. He must be up to something. Producing a show is expensive, and he's already got the crew there. They should be doing pre-prod work. They do not seem to have a script for their show, and he's just wasting time (helping people) winning people's trust, when he should be preparing for their shoot. I can just imagine the production cost...paying the crew their salaries while they remain idle.

The people on the island welcomes outsider who are friendly and try to fit in with their way of life. What if the director is just scouting some of the houses. Like he want to borrow Gam Ri's house 15 days. That means they can be all over the house. Now he's helping the supermarket owner. Hmmm...

I had to laugh out loud, because there is some truth to your comment. :D His gestures and smiles and laughing is ... just sounds kinda too much / too loud / too fake? But the actor sort of smiled/laughed that way in another series, so I thought it was just his acting style. 

I also agree regarding production costs. That's why it is unbelievable that the PD is so successful, because he has so many quirks that are contrarian to that. They have been in Gongjin for weeks now, at this point. Not only is staff standby, but the D.O.S. members, too, apparently.

I loved Hye Jin taking care of Du Sik, but leaving a mess in his kitchen. So realistic haha. She is considerate but in a modern twist. Also, when she felt danger, she ended up running into Du Sik's arms 

:Pandabulous:

The preview for next week has me reeling. Finally, after Du Sik's wavering, he says he is Hye Jin's boyfriend :D Now we have to wonder if they quickly jumped to dating, or if it just slipped out of his mouth, so they are "fake dating". 

Which is funny, because they meet Hye Jin's father - who apparently knows of Du Sik. Perhaps we will find out some of his past? It sounds horrible because the father immediately objected... 

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

That sudden jump to being Hye Jin’s boyfriend got me SHOOk! :fear: I thinking maybe he said it in the moment and are pretending? Unless they really jumped to dating that quick :flushed:

Yup Nam Sook’s story definitely got me tearing up. No one deserves to lose their child like that and I can’t imagine how painful and heartbreaking it was for her to go through that. No wonder she was holding the wand in the beginning of one of the episodes! I don’t remember what episode it was.

Seung Hyun is definitely obvious about his feeling for Hye Jin, but I like what @heartoppaya said how Du Sik actually got the bitter root and went on patrol for Hyun Jin and he ate every last porridge even though it tasted bad. Just shows how much he cares :fullofhearts: And that’s the different between Seung Hyun and Du Sik too.

I feel like I am kinda confused about how Du Sik feels about Hyun Jin, because he clearly does care about her and we saw him get all jealous woth Seung Hyun and Hyun Jin, but he confuses me at times with his feelings. Like after they kissed, he said they are just friends and then after Hyun Jin, Du Sik and Seung Hyun finished naengmyun and mandu, Du Sik said why would Seung Hyun see Hyun Jin as a woman and has weird taste, although I’m pretty sure that’s partially jealousy talking haha… But yeah what do you guys all think about Du Sik’s feelings for Hyun Jin?

• Like 8

After years of watching mysteries kdrama I think I can solved this mystery :mrgreen:

KvwspEi.gif

WQBNqXB.gif

9FbAwmF.gif

I think I found the suspect of stealing the blue dress :D 

Spoiler

the guilty party 

eiGB9e5.gif

sadly the bra suspect got receipt for the bra he give his girlfriend :phew: , maybe after all no one steal underwear anymore  :D

His alibi 

vqvmDUz.gif

# detective mood 

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
  • Awesome 1

51 minutes ago, ferily said:

I feel like I am kinda confused about how Du Sik feels about Hyun Jin, because he clearly does care about her and we saw him get all jealous woth Seung Hyun and Hyun Jin, but he confuses me at times with his feelings. Like after they kissed, he said they are just friends and then after Hyun Jin, Du Sik and Seung Hyun finished naengmyun and mandu, Du Sik said why would Seung Hyun see Hyun Jin as a woman and has weird taste, although I’m pretty sure that’s partially jealousy talking haha… But yeah what do you guys all think about Du Sik’s feelings for Hyun Jin?

Du Sik has been drawn to Hye Jin since he first saw her and the line between being good neighbour surely has been crossed, even if he gets involved in the lives of the other villagers, too. 

I think Du Sik has feelings for her a few episodes ago, but a kiss is quite a step into a relationship, something he is not ready for due to his past, so he quickly denounced it. And I think he has usually shied away from dating and being in a relationship, due to what happened in his past. Nobody knows what has happened, and he makes it so that nobody knows.

As you notice, he has good relations with everyone, but nobody he truly confides in. 

Hye Jin slowly seems to become that person, as we see in epilogue how she notices some of his nightmare. The same nightmare/past, that makes Du Sik deny his feelings for her. It may be that he feels guilt, or feeling unworthy because of his actions, or his past experiences.

He is just very good at suppressing and denouncing any interest, at least until PD arrives. Which is when he notices how she smiles at PD, how the whole town is also enamored with PD. Of course jealousy rears its ugly head then, which would perhaps explain why he now claims he is her boyfriend :D

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 2