[Drama 2021] Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ☀️ 갯마을 차차차

Maetawinz

48 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

what is change is the character of the second male lead? seems he's not in the movie, and the drama is much longer, 16 EPISODES with 1h each, so many twists will come, i can see, a ex fiancee citadine for DS who arrive soon,  and a trauma for him

Yeah they definitely added the second male lead, probably to give our main couple some ~hurdles~. We all know they like each other after 3 eps, if they confess now the show's over so they have to stretch it to 16 eps somehow and add drama lol. But hopefully nothing makjang!

• Like 7

Our dimpled hero went to a urologist on his trip to Seoul? I like the creativity, departure from the usual fashion, acting, cardiology careers to dentistry and super tradesman, but a non practising urologist is a wee bit unromantic to me. Maybe he goofed, :crazy: oh no a urologist. Or is he a patient? :unsure:That is no better, we may have to say goodbye to any little dimples. 
He is visiting an old friend who works in the building. That's it. :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

18 minutes ago, maribella said:

Our dimpled hero went to a urologist on his trip to Seoul?

That's what I thought at first, but then I saw the word 'psychiatrist' pdq before they cut the scene and I assumed that that's where he was going instead..?

• Like 7

Hiiiii everyone!!! 

Another funny and solid Episode 3!

Spoiler

I’m happy the writer kept HJ a ‘snob’ with low EQ and didn’t make her change so quickly - it is more realistic. DS can also be inconsiderate even if it is with good intentions.

I love that both main leads actually have some flaws. They have a (bickering and ‘I don’t say what I really feel’) flirting thingy going on lol. They may not realize that they are attracted to each other so it will be fun to see when realization hits. Who do you think will realize first? We should do a poll?! 

What I enjoy most about this show is how all the characters  interacts with each other - so many funny, witty, and heart moments. No boring characters.

Love that granny Gamri drives a three wheeler! DS is so sweet with grandma and trying to get her help. HJ, because of her mom’s illness and early death, has a very different and strong view re parents keeping healthy. I can understand her but I think she doesn’t ‘understand’ parents because she lost her mom and has a weak relationship with her dad. Glad that HJ is open to  learning DS’s point and made peace with granny. 

How heartbreaking it was to hear granny’s son tell her to wait for dentures because he had to use money for his daughter? I am glad HJ and DS helped her anyways. 

Most important plot development is that DS seems to have some type of trauma and I am looking forward to learning about it. 

Their ice cream blackout date was cute! He compared her to the hedgehog lol!!! Aww he also apologized first. And he found her shoe!! Even googled how to clean and repair it Lol. Both of them falling for each other already…. 

• Like 9

51 minutes ago, anjuliet said:

That's what I thought at first, but then I saw the word 'psychiatrist' pdq before they cut the scene and I assumed that that's where he was going instead..?

I have two good friends who are urologists and they are great people, but this is make believe, I'd much prefer a neurologist or orthopedic surgeon. So manly :relaxed:

• Like 2

Official Ost part1 already released.

Let's sing la la la together. :partyblob:

E-gaDSnUcAEq8I9?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha OST Part 1

Track Listing

01. Romantic Sunday–  Car the garden (카더가든)

02. Romantic Sunday –  Car the garden (카더가든) (Inst.)

>> cr.  Stone Music Entertainment <<

...................................................................................................................................

Cry for their cuteness and no subtitles. :cries:

Elle interview 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, agenth said:

I knew he would find the shoe and return it to her. I was saying it's impossible that the shoe would be in great condition after being in salt water, but look at him googling "How to dry shoes during monsoon season" This is the part I object that he is too perfect.

Yes! That was a funny little detail, and over-the-top too perfect :)

9 hours ago, mysticmango said:

Anyway, some possible *spoilers*/notes I gleaned from the original 2004 Mr. Hong:

Interesting! Thanks for sharing.

3 hours ago, Yinye said:

Love that granny Gamri drives a three wheeler! 

That made me laugh so much. They're developing Gam-ri's character so much...at this point in the show (at least in this episode) it feels like she's the 3rd lead!

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, ned_lee said:

loving episode 4

I just finished watching it and... *fangirling the Dimple couple but more for DS* :sparklyeyes:

Spoiler

I am also starting to like her BFF and the police dude. So sweet! 

I knew it! DS is loaded, but they're keeping it a mystery (for now). 

Counting down five days again... 

4 hours ago, Maetawinz said:

Official Ost part1 already released.

Let's sing la la la together.

Thanks for sharing the OST info and MV. :fullofhearts:

• Like 5

Love that they're building up HJ and DS's friendship/ relationship little by little. She doesn't see him for one day and misses him...awww. The most watchable, sweet moments of this show are when they're together. They're very natural and believable together, and the writing for them is good.

But ufffff some moments of this episode were so painful!! The high kicks and fainting in the dentist's office were ridiculous! :lol: What the heck. And is anyone else getting tired of the blatant PPL that is actually in the scripted dialogue as well? I cringe every time they have to talk about the lipstick, the wine, or whatever. Showing me a close-up of the product is enough; please don't talk about it.

Still, the episode redeemed itself in the ending scene where HJ and DS are getting to know each other in his home. I like that she was so honest with him about her mom and their family trip to Gongjin when she was a child. And to think of DS having been without family since he was in middle school....breaks your heart.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

I love how in each ep. it ends with how much closer Hye Jin & Doo Shik are gettin' eheh. That last scene where he puts his hands on her face gosh.. the feels.. sigh dreamily.. 

Finally Hye Jin get to bond with the coffee guy's daughter; she was rude btw! So it's nice to see Hye Jin blending with the folks at Gongjin. 

The way Chief Hong piggyback Hye Jin faking bein' drunk was swoonworthy. Though it did look like he was hoisting her like a sack of rice ha-ha! 

Oh no the second male lead shows up already.. I knew that creeper was up to no good. It felt satisfying how both Hye Jin & Doo Shik givin' him a good smack down. 

Doo Shik is like a Marvel superhero I swear LoL! I knew granny called him to alert of Hye Jin's trouble eheh~ 

Oh that scene where both women were cryin' at the holding cell in jail was so damn hilarious LMFAo. The way Doo Shik & the policemen were reacting like they were watchin' a drama ahahahahah. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

I'm currently attached to this drama. Sometimes the scene can be very cliche but it talks a lot about life too. I like how Hye Jin slowly adapting life in Gyogjin and tried to make friends with people. It's hard for her but of course Chief Hong is the main reason right! I really like how she approach Grandma to do implant and Grandma start to understand Hye Jin too. 

About the coffee shop owner daughter, she is rude because she got no mother just like the female lead. That's why both of them despite hating each other but they quickly make friendships after that. Dung Sik really love to observe Hye Jin. He might be nosy but he really want her to be comfortable and take life easy. 

I'm looking forward for next week. It's seem our ML is graduated from SNU just like we expected he is well educated! 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

Ah this show is so refreshing, just like the locales in it! So happy that Netflix recommended it to me yesterday. I knew of the two leads but this is my first time watching them and I can see why they are so popular.

Every episode is so fun with the right balance of romance. I love a show that uses its side characters well and this seems to be one of those. I don't know about you all but this one is giving me major Crash Landing on You vibes. This show just makes me happy. Good job tvn!

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

From his taste in records, books to being knowledgeable in wine and preview of Ep 5 says he is from SNU, I am taking a guess that DS was a practicing psychiatrist but left for some reason, that same reason tbat causes him nightmares till now. I am very interested to find out his past as he commented to HJ referring to hedgehog that he doesnt take anything alive

• Like 10
  • Insightful 2

Holy shizz the feels in that last moment!!!

I wish I could just take the drama apart and dissect it and analyze each and every moment between the main lead couple cuz that's some mother effing chemistry they got there!

Before I forget about it, lemme just say that last cheek cupping was so smooth, okay. And her eyes widened because obviously we know that our girl's falling for him. The eye contact, the first moment their skin touched, that moment meant everything to Hye Jin, you could see it in her eyes. But I have a feeling that our Chief Hong is gonna go the high road and amount it all to infatuation with the penguin from Antarctica because I think that he's not gonna act on his feels right away and be all noble idiotic. But we saw that our girl has fighting words. How happy was I that she punched the pervert right in his face and Du Sik kicked him on the other side. Our Dimple couple could hurt people just by their smiles but no, they had to be excellent kickers too. Ah F### I think I'm falling for Hye Jin too. I felt especially protective of her this episode for some reason. Of course I don't have to explain the fact the I'm already in love with our handyman, right?

Next, June Oppa looks cute. Maybe he's gonna steal my heart like every new scene stealer? I remember when Kim Seun Ho used to be that heart stealer in Strongest Deliveryman once.

Is it me or does it look like our adorable maknae police officer is crushing on Mi Yeon? I mean, that would be an adorable coupling for sure. It's gonna break my heart if he's rejected.

That pervert. Argh. I felt like he deserved every punch right there. I feel so proud of Hye Jin for calling him out for it and punching the shizz out of him. Yes ma'am, we stan a girl who can fight for her friends and doesn't need a wet suit clad gorgeous specimen for help-

I see what I did there.

But yes, I want more wet suit Du Sik. And more surfing Du Sik. More staring-into-the-eyes-of-his-future-lover Du Sik and more cupping-cheeks-of-future-lover Du Sik. And especially more Singer Du Sik. I've seen Kim Seon Ho oppa sing before and I've always been mesmerized by his voice.

What else did I miss? 

Oh yes. I love the new fangirling duo. Seems so fun fangirling with them when you know the handsome barista sitting across you is crushing on you hard. Must be fun.

Okay, so things to expect in the future episodes:

1. Some good ol' lovin' in the boat that Du Sik keeps repairing non-stop. Boy, you gotta take use of the good space in there and maybe do some star gazing. Or you could show her the stars. Just sayin'

2. More fangirling for June oppa and maybe some one sided love from June for his Dentist Noona? Could someone ask for that much?

3. Some real singing from Oh Yoon. We know that guy's got the voice so soothing for a singer. And I've always seen him in comedy and not in any real good swoonworthy roles so yes, we need that from you.

4. Our Village Chief and Zone Chief to get together. They might be having a pending divorce contract but we all know that neither are over the other. Even if some people consider chasing their first love as "moving on".

5. More wine/liquor scenes between the main leads that will give space for some more skinship, cuz I know that I'm not the only one who heard the sizzling chemistry between them during the cheek touch. Ya'll ain't fooling no one.

6. I'm looking forward to the walk of shame. I know it's too early for anything to happen between them, so obviously the tango dances didn't happen. But a walk of shame means that they are aware of each other and that means more misunderstandings and I'm living for them. 

7. The first kiss should happen in the seaside, for sure. How could you ignore all the crashing waves so beautiful around you? No offense to the wet suit but I would prefer Du Sik to be in plaid rather than that. Plaid brings out some ragged sexiness about him that I forgot.

8. As mentioned countless times, the first tango dancing should happen on the boat. Now that's a real good place to lose your... hand cream..

9. I want some real kisses, ya'll. I'm tired of all the wide eyed fish kisses we get in dramas. We know both are good kissers so give us some good kissing. Them open mouth, closed eyes, feeling each other better than before kinda kisses. Okay maybe make it PG rated, I don't care. I want them to go all out.

P.S. Please mods I promise I will be good again. Please don't edit it out.

10. No wedding please. Weddings are a slow death.. I'm serious. If these two get married then this story will be a fail for me. Maybe start living together (and let Mi Yeon move in with her police officer) and have some good ol' sexy times. But, No Weddings. Oh, I would love an engagement though. If ya'll want a wedding then I need a season 2. If nah, then nah.

Oh I forgot to add a different trailer for next week, here you go.

Edited by heartoppaya
added a trailer
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 3

18 hours ago, mysticmango said:

what he could be experiencing. That was definitely a medical clinic and I'm praying DS isn't inflicted with a life-threatening illness or something (eg. cancer) because that'll be too sad yet on par with kdramaland. We want a healing and happy ending show!

I thought about this possibility too, and if it happens, I'll definitely drop the drama, I'm not here for this lol

3 hours ago, heartoppaya said:

9. I want some real kisses, ya'll. I'm tired of all the wide eyed fish kisses we get in dramas. We know both are good kissers so give us some good kissing. Them open mouth, closed eyes, feeling each other better than before kinda kisses. Okay maybe make it PG rated, I don't care. I want them to go all out.

SAME. These two have too much chemistry to waste with simple kisses. We deserve more!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, heartoppaya said:

4. Our Village Chief and Zone Chief to get together. They might be having a pending divorce contract but we all know that neither are over the other. Even if some people consider chasing their first love as "moving on".

i know that yeong guk and hwa jeong are divorced, but i want them to be together again, now there is a new girl  for him

She seemed jealous, since the other is very pretty, I wonder how things will unfold, but it can be interesting if there is also a new man for her

the ex wife seems more afected by their divorce, maybe he is no longer interested at all by her and want to move, i don't know, i hope that the two next episodes give us a glimpse if these two can be together again:)

• Like 8

9 hours ago, anjuliet said:

Counting down five days again... 

But it's more enjoyable to watch each episode, a lot happens. Watching those dailies needs more patience.

We are both right, at least he is most likely a medical professional, the Seoul trip and MS in the preview.

If he has lived on his own since middle school, 15 years old? It's strange the townsfolk are not giving info on his personal life to FL, esp. when she behaved the sophisticated townie in a little town.

• Like 4