[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 02. 13. 9:19 PM

A watch becomes hottest item thanks to Hyun Bin and "Crash Landing On You"

While Hyun Bin is gaining more and more popularity thanks to his role in the drama "Crash Landing on You" (tvN), the watch he used in the film has also drawn a lot of attention.

2ce1957f3b89297c09e81e65c6823687.jpg?typ

On February 13, a representative of Woorim FMG's advertisement department, which is in charge of promoting C company's products in Korea, said, "We are monitoring sponsorship effectiveness. After our brand's watch is used by Hyun Bin in 'Crash Landing on You', the number of visitors on the company's homepage has increased 3.5 times compared to before."

The representative then emphasized, "Because 'Crash Landing on You' is broadcast on Netflix, the advertising effect spread overseas. In stores in Singapore, Hong Kong, Vietnam, and Australia, a lot of customers have asked if Hyun Bin's watch is sold there."

When asked about the reasons for the brand's exceptional choice when sponsoring the product for the drama, the representative explained, "In the past, due to concerns that the watch might be scratched or damaged, we did not accept product sponsorship, however, we specially provided the watch for the drama "Crash Landing on You" so that the filming can be carried out smoothly.

asdfdfsd.jpg?type=e1920

This person added, “Reportedly, in reality, Hyun Bin loves watches, so we devoted ourselves to sponsoring the drama. We are delighted to hear that he is pleased with the company-sponsored watch.”

In addition, an employee in C company's Apgujeong store said, "This time, we specially provided Hyun Bin with the most promoted watch model in the company's brand. Recently, most customers who visited the store asked about 'Hyun Bin's watch'."

The watch that Hyun Bin was sponsored for free is a relic of Ha Seok Jin (as Ri Moo Hyeok) and also a gift that Son Ye Jin wanted to give him in "Crash Landing on You". This is a product introduced by C company in a new collection in October 2019 with a list price of 19,520,000 won.

Reporter Kim Ji Hyun kim.jihyun3@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 12
  • Awesome 10

5 hours ago, thanie said:

@Ameera Ali @Lawyerh @hibiscus23 @sadthe1st @Sejabin @im0202 @mouse007 @cenching @Sarang21 @kriswu @INeedAFan @cybertron @joonminfan @Harry97 ... and other Chinggus not tagged (there's so many of us ...)

HAPPY VALENTINEs DAY!!! :heart:

From this Powerful Team, lol!

The powerful team doesn´t look that enthusiastic but oh well :lol: I wish you and every camarades a happy valentines Day too. If you don´t have an oppa to spend it with, spend it with Ri Jeong Hyeok. I´m sure Se Ri won´t be throwing daggers at you with her eyes :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

I think JH pretended to have a scar on his face so he could snatch a kiss from SR :wub: 

This drama is pretty fast paced so I think they’ll work through the issues fairly quickly. Hopefully they do anyways cos I really just want happy scenes with SR/JH and the ducklings. Also a happy ending for MB too.

• Like 3
  • Naughty 3
  • LOL 2

43 minutes ago, Helena said:

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 02. 13. 9:19 PM

A watch becomes hottest item thanks to Hyun Bin and "Crash Landing On You"

Spoiler

While Hyun Bin is gaining more and more popularity thanks to his role in the drama "Crash Landing on You" (tvN), the watch he used in the film has also drawn a lot of attention.

On February 13, a representative of Woorim FMG's advertisement department, which is in charge of promoting C company's products in Korea, said, "We are monitoring sponsorship effectiveness. After our brand's watch is used by Hyun Bin in 'Crash Landing on You', the number of visitors on the company's homepage has increased 3.5 times compared to before."

The representative then emphasized, "Because 'Crash Landing on You' is broadcast on Netflix, the advertising effect spread overseas. In stores in Singapore, Hong Kong, Vietnam, and Australia, a lot of customers have asked if Hyun Bin's watch is sold there."

When asked about the reasons for the brand's exceptional choice when sponsoring the product for the drama, the representative explained, "In the past, due to concerns that the watch might be scratched or damaged, we did not accept product sponsorship, however, we specially provided the watch for the drama "Crash Landing on You" so that the filming can be carried out smoothly.

This person added, “Reportedly, in reality, Hyun Bin loves watches, so we devoted ourselves to sponsoring the drama. We are delighted to hear that he is pleased with the company-sponsored watch.”

In addition, an employee in C company's Apgujeong store said, "This time, we specially provided Hyun Bin with the most promoted watch model in the company's brand. Recently, most customers who visited the store asked about 'Hyun Bin's watch'."

The watch that Hyun Bin was sponsored for free is a relic of Ha Seok Jin (as Ri Moo Hyeok) and also a gift that Son Ye Jin wanted to give him in "Crash Landing on You". This is a product introduced by C company in a new collection in October 2019 with a list price of 19,520,000 won.

Reporter Kim Ji Hyun kim.jihyun3@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

Was wondering, what C watch company? Ah, Chopard! They want to talk about it but can't even mention the name. LOL.

Chopard better advertise too over at JTBC so you won't be reduced to a letter C . Come on, don't be stingy! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

The most probable happy ending plot i can think of (for happy ending shippers) is the Switzerland ending. You see, Jeong Hyeok's time there was cut short because of his brother's death. Bit what he really loves (aside from Seri) is playing the piano. 

On the other hand, Switzerland was the place where Seri sought to end her life, could it be the place for her to start a new life. It feels far-fetched to think that Seri will be willing to leave SK, her company.. She is also yet to inherit the position of his father (she has to because even when she was still a baby, it was foreseen that she will be the heir). 

Maybe they will accidentally meet again in that bridge in Switzerland. However, if that is the case, an open ending is more likely. We will be kept guessing and imagining what will happen next.

i can't think of any other sensible happy ending for this series. But i will be very happy to be outwitted by the writer with a whole lot better happy ending. Heehee 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

I think I know how RJH felt that day he and SR had to separate for reals and he pretended to be lost/mix up his directions... basically I want Saturday/Sunday to come because we need to know what kind of ending our OTP will get but I also don't want it to come yet because it means parting with CLOY forever... aghh:confounded: unless there is season 2, I don't care what it's about, give us season 2.  No third person though - can't stand those plot lines.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Cross-border love story smashes South Korea TV ratings

78abb930-0250-11e9-bd79-c2df2cb885d1
Sunghee Hwang
February 13, 2020

Seoul (AFP) - South Korea's biggest current television hit is a surreally unlikely tale of a billionaire heiress who accidentally paraglides into the North and falls in love with a chivalrous army officer serving Kim Jong Un.

"Crash Landing on You" is unashamedly fantastical in its plotlines, but has drawn praise for its portrayal of everyday life in the North, even down to accents and words.

The division of the peninsula is a regular theme in K-drama and K-movies, but it is unusual for so much of a show to be set in the North -- in both Pyongyang and the countryside -- and defectors have complimented its accuracy.

Portraits of North Korean founder Kim Il Sung and his son and successor Kim Jong Il -- father of the current leader -- appear on the walls of every home, with propaganda slogans in the streets of the set.

The crew included a writer and an actress from the North: "I felt like I was actually back in a North Korean village," said Kim A-ra, who played a villager.

The 16-part series reaches its climax on cable network tvN this weekend.

"It changed the stereotypes on North Korea and candidly showed that it too is a place where people live," said Yun Suk-jin, a professor at Chungnam National University.

It is also a manifestation of how tensions have eased on the peninsula, where fears of war in 2017 were replaced by a rapid diplomatic thaw and a series of summits, although the process is now stalled.

"The series wouldn't even have been planned and produced under heightened tensions," Yun added. "Even if it was, it would not have been well received."

- On your bike -

The story opens with the beautiful heiress to a South Korean business empire being swept up by a tornado while paragliding, and crashing on the wrong side of the heavily fortified Demilitarized Zone.

She meets a handsome North Korean soldier -- the son of a top military general -- and the two fall in love as he hides and protects her.

It is a vanishingly implausible scenario in a one-party state where intruders are jailed and disloyalty heavily punished.

Even more surreally, after she returns South the hero and several comrades slip across the DMZ and into Seoul undetected to save her from a villain.

But viewers have been fascinated by the villagers' humble lifestyles -- the neighbours remain technically at war, with any contact between their citizens banned.

In one scene, a woman places a plastic bag over her bath to keep the water warm for longer. In another, a resident pedals vigorously on a bicycle-powered generator after a blackout to keep the television on.

South Korean fans found it humorous, but defector Han Song-ee was reminded of frequent power cuts in her homeland.

"Every home has a pedal power generator in North Korea," Han said in a YouTube video. "I cried watching the scene."

- 'Pure fantasy' -

The series portrays North Koreans as being well-disposed towards the South. On a visit to a jangmadang -- an informal but increasingly widespread and tolerated black market in the North -- a vendor tells the heiress her company's cosmetics are among her most sought-after items.

One North Korean soldier is a fervent fan of Southern dramas and secretly watches the forbidden clips even when on duty, while a Northern teenager uses the latest Southern slang.

Thae Yong Ho, a former senior North Korean diplomat who defected to the South in 2016, said: "One thing for sure is that if this TV series is smuggled into North Korea, it will be hugely popular."

Some critics have accused "Crash Landing on You" of peddling propaganda for the North, with a small right-wing group seeking a criminal investigation.

The Christian Liberty Party accused the producers of glorifying North Korean soldiers, who in real life were an enemy that "point their guns and knives at us".

But the series has the crucial ingredients for commercial success of big-budget production values and a star-studded cast, led by Hyun Bin playing the officer and Son Ye-jin the heiress.

Most fans appeared not to be thinking "too deeply" about the Koreas' division, said professor Yun.

Kim Eun-ji, a 33-year-old office worker who has freed up her weekend to catch the finale, said: "It's pure fantasy."

85-CB1-D57-9950-4-D55-92-FA-FAB84-D39-C6

A tvN handout from the drama series "Crash Landing on You" starring actress Son Ye-jin and actor Hyun Bin (AFP Photo/Handout)

592-E1695-3-A24-4-A52-A339-68-DEEF2-C84-

South Korea's biggest current television hit is a fantastical tale of a billionaire heiress who accidentally paraglides into the North and falls in love with a chivalrous army officer (AFP Photo/Handout)

BAB07619-562-D-461-D-A837-BA1-B6-DE15-BE

"Crash Landing on You" is unashamedly fantastical in its plotlines, but has drawn praise for its portrayal of everyday life in the North, even down to accents and words (AFP Photo/Handout)

• Like 7
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

When did they fell in love with each other?

I've been musing about the past episodes to answer that question.

1. When Jeong Hyeok saw her in Switzerland, he got attracted to her and concerned about her.

2. When he saw her hanging on a tree mumbling over her radio, he was amused at her.
3. When he found her in front of her house, I honestly think that his mind was racing thinking what to do with her.
4. But we know that Seri is the person who can bring out the sweet and caring side of Jeong Hyeok which he shelved out because of a tragic past. 
5. When he announced that she is his fiance, I think that's the tactic that came to his mind. 
6. When he kissed her to deceive the coast guards, that was the start their hearts began to flutter for each other. The paraglide escape, bike ride, clam and soju night - these swoon moments..

7. But i think it was when Seri got lost in the market and Jeong Hyeok looked for her while holding up a scented candle which led her to him - that was the moment they clearly fell in love with each other. Just look at those gazes below. 
Seri remembered the time she was abandoned and Jeong Hyeok holding the light which guided her was the redemption. It was like the hurtful memory of her past was redeemed by a new memory. For Jeong Hyeok, He wasnt able to save his beloved brother, but now he is able to save the woman she loves.

8. However, i think it was during the Sariwon hospital scene that they finally acknowledged in themselves their love for each other. It was at that time when they could not help but show and admit even to those around them what they feel (Jeong hyeok admitted that he cant continue the engagement with Seo Dan) and Seri told a patient who is her UF (ultimate favorite).

01C7DD12-D5E2-4B7C-AD57-DDCB683358B1.jpe

• Like 15
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Katelyn Lana said:

So this is real. It is the set of Crash Landing on You filming and they did film scenes at there.And that mushroom family pic is also taken at that place.I was worried if that mushroom pic was just a fan made.Seems like Happy Ending judging by their hints

I believe the mushroom dolls are for promotional purpose of the sponsor. I forgot the name of the brand of the dolls but it's the same brand for the penguin doll. And on the brand IG they post numerous pictures of the doll (green&pink, the mushroom family, etc) on the set of CLOY esp Seri's house. So, I don't think it's for spoiler or anything more than just for promotional stuff.

But I do want RJH and YSR have their twin:bawling:

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, ChunSungIm said:

How girls treat their boys and their way to make everyone jealous

hahaha i was waiting for this.. i was laughing so hard at that scene because i remember AeRa hahaha

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 5