[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

7 hours ago, mundaliv said:

Finally it’s Friday, only one more day to CLOY day!

Just saw some post discussing DOTS and CLOY. For me, DOTS is just a regular kdrama. It’s good, the acting and actors are great. Great cinematography. But I didn’t feel the sparks and chemistry like watching CLOY. When the Song couple was on screen, I didn’t feel the way I felt watching RiRi couple. I don’t know why. There are so much intensity and chemistry when watching Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin now in CLOY. Actually I liked the second couple more in DOTS rather than the Song couple. But in here, of course I like more the main couple than the second couple. I still like Dan dan GSJ as couple, but it’s not as much as I like the RiRi couple. 

One thing that I know, DOTS has more intense action and medical scenes. Not the one that I normally like to watch over and over again. But in CLOY it has more touching drama and romcom scenes. It’s just that I easily more attached with these kind of scenes. 

And comparing with Hyun Bin previous drama, I watched Secret Garden only after I was trapped in kdrama addiction in 2014. So I didn’t feel the hype. I liked the drama, it’s just his character was too harsh although still funny. I like the song that he sang, the OST. 

I was addicted to his character Gu Seo Jin in Hyde Jekyll, but not Robin. So, it was frustrating for me at that time to watch the drama. And then in MoA, wow, he looked great! But how MoA ends, and the nature of the drama didn’t bring me to watch it over and over again. So, CLOY is really the one, that can make me watch Hyun Bin over and over again. While I watched Son Ye Jin only 2 times, the one with Lee Min Ho and Something in the rain. I like her more in Personal taste with lee min ho. In Something, I just don’t really like her character there, and then the drama is just not my cup of tea. I didn’t continue after episode 8 or 9. So, I really like her in CLOY. Her character here is amazing. Funny and loving, and very pretty when crying. Amazing!!

I also got addicted to watching HB and SYJ after CLOY! Searched out all their previous dramas and movies and watched them while waiting for next CLOY episodes! Even after one watch I can remember all the significant scenes of the couple and also the side characters esp the ducklings, ahjummas and SD’s mom (she and PCS are my fav side characters!)

When I look at HB and SYJ’s previous roles, they seem to be acting opposite of their real personality - HB is introvert and shy but mostly take roles of arrogant, loud and spoiled male leads, whereas SYJ is extrovert and bubbly but her roles are mainly very melo, intense or sometimes sweet/ shy (I know she has varied roles but I’ve seen her mostly in that). I think both of them struck GOLD with CLOY as RH and SR, acting close to their real personality. And we audience are the lucky ones!

On DOTS,

I’ve just started watching again after stopping a few times previously. I’ve also read the same review from a drama blogger that I always refer to (as I share many of her views on drama), and she had the exact same thots! About the lack of chem btwn the main leads and how she was more invested in the 2nd couple. Will see my own take after I’ve seen more episodes.

About the 2nd OTP leads, I think SD and SJ has an interesting storyline but it was not given enough focus. It also doesn’t help that the 2nd leads are always in a different place vs the 1st leads where most of the focus is esp for the audience. My thots/ theory is that dramas where the 2nd leads interact more with the 1st leads have a higher chance of the audience being more invested in 2nd OTP (eg. Goblin and even DOTS). It’s too bad that most of the interactions of RH and SJ are mainly as flashback (like showing how SJ helped SR escape) otherwise SJ and even SD will flow better in the main storyline and capture more audience.

But I guess for most of us are quite happy to just focus on our lead OTP and the duckling loL!

I’m really looking forward the the final 2 episodes, yet feel bittersweet about it. The one thing I’m gonna compensate myself with is to do a marathon watch of ep 1-16 at one go after it ends, so that I can relive the magic all over again! I’ve been holding back from repeating the episodes (except 1-6) so that I can rewatch with fresh eyes. Looking forward to that!

Also thank god it’s on Netflix which makes watching drama so easy cuz it flows automatically from one episode to the next! Marathon CLoY, here I come!

• Like 13
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, Admiral said:

I think you missed the main message of the drama. You have to remember, Go Seo Jin and Robin is just one person, that he has mental problem. Imagine if you were in his place who can’t remember half of yourself? 

What I meant by frustrating is because Hyun Bin as Gu seo jin seems to have less screentime than as Robin. I really like his appearance as sangmunim. It’s actually about the hairstyle. I watched again to see why I didn’t like Robin’s hairstyle while it seems like the bowl hairstyle of Captain Ri. 

Turns out that as Robin, his front hair are already touching his eyes. Covering his eye brows. While his bowl haircut as Captain Ri is shorter. Still showing his eyebrows. So, the conclusion is that he need to have hairstyle that showing his eyebrows! That’s why Captain Ri is really looking great in episode 12, when he is the bodyguard with his hair style up. Showing his forehead.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, TotoroSY said:

When I look at HB and SYJ’s previous roles, they seem to be acting opposite of their real personality - HB is introvert and shy but mostly take roles of arrogant, loud and spoiled male leads, whereas SYJ is extrovert and bubbly but her roles are mainly very melo, intense or sometimes sweet/ shy (I know she has varied roles but I’ve seen her mostly in that). I think both of them struck GOLD with CLOY as RH and SR, acting close to their real personality. And we audience are the lucky ones!

I totally agree! The stereortypes were like that for several years -men: rich, arrogant,  obnoxious. women- struggling, soft, shy etc. so no surprise that both HB and SYJ picked up those roles once in a while. Only until recently, Her Private Life and CLOY have satisfied me a lot with the modern portrayal of characters, of young adults with responsibility, understanding and manners. I love the direction that the k drama writers are going.

And yes, from the Swoon clips we can see HB and SYJ are quite opposite of their previous roles, and quite similar to their current roles. My favorite clip has got to be the guessing the complements, where HB was totally deceived by a wicked SYJ. Towards the end the way she call him Oppa, not only did he blush but also I did! She was such a teaser and he failed for her tricks miserably. I believe the chemistry in CLOY is great also because this is minimal acting for them-this is them behave in another story and thats it!

33 minutes ago, Admiral said:

I watch both drama but I actually find Jekyll and Hyde better than KMHM. 1. The perspective of how the character suffers from the illness and how he is overcoming it. 2. The romance side.

CLOY is my another Hyun Bin’s fave drama. Just like Jekyll and Hyde, I could rewatched it again and again, anytime.

another blue moon in one page---such a nice day for me. Im usually very happy when someone enjoys HJM like me.

What I meant by frustrating is because Hyun Bin as Gu seo jin seems to have less screentime than as Robin. I really like his appearance as sangmunim. It’s actually about the hairstyle. I watched again to see why I didn’t like Robin’s hairstyle while it seems like the bowl hairstyle of Captain Ri. 

@mundalivI agree with you, once again! I wish to have seen more of Gu Seo Jin. I didn't perceive him as a cold hearted guy, he has an internal battle to go through. The only thing that was lacking in that drama to me was the development of the female character. Just like MOA they have become shadows for HB's character and I wish they could shine more. Yeah I didn't like Robin's bow hair cut back then either, but the happy smiles that he gave made up for it so I forgive Robin <_< Then i see captain Ri and I internally groan "No not that hairstyle again" but the rest of his image is so...perfect so I surrender hehe. If you also notice, captain Ri's checked shirt look very similar to Gu sangmunim's checked shirt. 
HJM was actually the drama that brought me to Soompi forum. I was one of the hardcore fans even though I watched the drama 2 years after it was aired. The way it failed to receive positive ratings showed me a lot about what the general population perceived as "good" "solid" and "successful." 

I need HB to still pick up dramas and give me more of his works to see. I guess after this drama I'm slowly having to turn into ahjussi-dramas now because he will be soon appropriate to be called an "ahjussi", but who cares I'm gonna support him till the day he retires.

• Like 6
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

what i noticed is that all the ost had either RJH or YSR or both as a cover.

Commercially, I don’t think SDxSJ would sell as much as RJHxYSR. If you follow Naver board, you will notice that people only (well mostly) talk about JH and SR. If I were a producer or marketer, I would not think twice to use any materials related to RJHxYSR. Story wise, there’s not enough story behind SDxSJ’s relationship that requires their own theme song.

1 hour ago, dulcinea1 said:

New stills. It's already Friday in SK but Tvn doesn't want to give us a spoiler pic of RiRi couple

I see, they don’t learn from episode 13’s marketing issues. People (mostly) watch this drama because of the main leads, should have gone with a bang. 

57 minutes ago, TotoroSY said:

I agree, I think the roles match their respective personality and they are enjoying it. I don’t normally watch BTS but I’ve found myself repeating some BTSs :lol:.

• Like 9

@Ameera Ali hehehe lols i love your sense of humor chingu! woah you're so good, any chance you might go into directing like Bong joon ho of Parasites? hahaha We'll support you all the waaaaaaaay to the Oscars or Cannes! :glasses:

@alltrueego:) woah loved what you did with HB, cute cute!!!

@thanie same to you Happy Valentine's Day and all our comrades here, IKR there's so many comrades now & hard to tag everybody hahaha!

and also to our OTP of CLOY plus their 5 comrades!!!

tenor.gifcr: tenor

screenshot_20190110_144457.png?fit=719,4

cr: Annyeong Oppa

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Prueksachittham said:

He is her type and she is his type. They might used to met when they were little, grow up, and now.  He, JH was there in all SR crucial moments in her life. As we known once she was too depressed and wanted to end her life. Second, she is going to inherit her dad’s company. Who knows they might met when her mom abandoned her. Ha ha ha will see in so. 15. However, they finally met and had interactions in the NK when JH was in his crucial moment of finding his brother killer. It is fate guys, Not a coincidence. 

Both HB and SYJ are superb. Everyone casts and crew are superb. They make us believe that it is fate and so real. 

Not going to say more. I will save for my shipper forum.ha ha ha

It can be.They were filming at a beach recently for the final 2 eps.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, alltrueego said:

Happy birthday, Captain Ri Jung Hyeuk!!! Will you be my Valentine too?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RI JEONG HYEOK-ssi!!!!!!!!!!! :blush:

I wish you never-ending happiness with our Queen Se Ri! Please be strong and never give up! :heart:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, mundaliv said:

And then in MoA, wow, he looked great! But how MoA ends, and the nature of the drama didn’t bring me to watch it over and over again. So, CLOY is really the one, that can make me watch Hyun Bin over and over again. While I watched Son Ye Jin only 2 times, the one with Lee Min Ho and Something in the rain. I like her more in Personal taste with lee min ho. In Something, I just don’t really like her character there, and then the drama is just not my cup of tea. I didn’t continue after episode 8 or 9. So, I really like her in CLOY. Her character here is amazing. Funny and loving, and very pretty when crying. Amazing!!

I maybe the little minority who is okay with MoA ending. probably because i love MoA because of the unique storyline and not the love line. and i think the drama still can go on with or without the FL as I cannot feel their chemistry.To be honest i like Jin Woo relationship with Hee Joo little sister.  I like Jin Woo chemistry with his secretary and I cried a river when the secretary died but still protects him even as a game figure. 

Same with me, I like Son Ye Jin in Personal Taste with Min Ho. And it is my fav Min Ho drama. Maybe you can watch Summer Scent. It is my first drama of SYJ, and I become her fan after the drama till now. She is the epitome of innocent beauty. She may not be the prettiest actress over there, but she is one of the most natural beauty. Even without make up, she look beautiful. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, thanie said:

From this Powerful Team, lol!

haha!! that sis in law is showing us her fist!! :joy: just like first thing SR said to her family when she woke up was BUZZ OFF!! :naughty:

are we counting down to weekend??? suddenly CLOY is just going to end so soon :bawling:

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

This article triggered me big time! How how how! did they write it like they were sure about the ending? But when you actually read the whole thing they just based it from the teaser. Grrr... the title is misleading. 

https://meaww.com/crash-landing-on-you-episode-15-episode-16-preview-promo-jeong-hyeok-captured-seri-falls-sick-again

Maybe my denial self is too sensitive right now.. :dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 4