[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

13 minutes ago, ria said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I wonder if these babies are for CLOY?

The baby is for CLOY but she is not YSR’s daughter. The baby is the younger version of YSR. I think we will get to watch YSR’s background. 

@Harry97 True! Just like a book, I want to read it from the beginning until the end because I need a closure. An open ending is like reading a book without its last chapter. You need to keep guessing what’s going to happen.

I am sad that CLOY is ending, but I need my life back.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Insightful 1

34 minutes ago, eLizza said:

Our thoughts match 100 pc. Even I can't think of the ending.I just want it to go on and on. Tv series in my country continues for many years..but they are all trash:expressionless:..Once CLOY ends i m definitely going to rewatch it multiple times. .

Which country? r u from india?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, eLizza said:

Our thoughts match 100 pc. Even I can't think of the ending.I just want it to go on and on. Tv series in my country continues for many years..but they are all trash:expressionless:..Once CLOY ends i m definitely going to rewatch it multiple times. .

Makes me think of AP :joy: 

1 hour ago, Helena said:

Music director Nam Hye Seung - who is in charge of the production process of "Crash Landing on You" OST - introduced, "I have put a lot of effort into making a song through which listeners can feel choked in the most beautiful and heart-moving moments of the drama."

During the rounds of press for CLOY HB pointed out the three reasons to watch this show: 1. Writer and Director 2. Chemistry between he and SYJ 3. Supporting cast. I wholeheartedly agree.

Four, for me, has got to be the music. I do not know what kind of awards are handed out in k-drama industry but this Director deserves it all. Every piece of music captures the moment perfectly.

Also, I've been rewatching the series ... as much as I enjoy the entire series, I absolutely love the first six episodes. The writing is so witty and the relationships built so endearing. She did sort of wear her heart on her sleeve from the start and he was always enamored by her. Subtle but present. Also, I love how SYJ says Yoon Se-ri :wub:.

• Like 6
  • Love 5

53 minutes ago, eLizza said:

Tv series in my country continues for many years..

@eLizzaHee I wonder what's your country...but won't be guessing since I've seen many trashy shows from all over the world (including my country), and it could offend somebody :D

Spoiler

53 minutes ago, eLizza said:

Once CLOY ends i m definitely going to rewatch it multiple times. 

Yeah, that's not even a question.I am trying not to rewatch it now but every time I make gifs on Tumblr I end up rewatching the whole episode.

Ps. Dear Mod, could you please remove these unnecessary spoiler boxes? I am on mobile device and it's impossible to remove them from the message! I accidentally put two. I am sorry. 

Spoiler

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Samnamu-unnie said:

Is it only me that loves the background music a lot played  in this teaser.No matter how many times I play it,it gives me goosebumps everytime .I feel like lost in some magical world amidst beautiful melody and scenery. Infact  all the swiss bgms leave out a taste of nostalgia and  wonder.But this one is my favourite. Wish it was a little bit longer.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, INeedAFan said:

The baby is for CLOY but she is not YSR’s daughter. The baby is the younger version of YSR. I think we will get to watch YSR’s background. 

@Harry97 True! Just like a book, I want to read it from the beginning until the end because I need a closure. An open ending is like reading a book without its last chapter. You need to keep guessing what’s going to happen.

R we seeing her childhood now? How many childhood tragedies did she have?Wait....do you know the ending? Or are you just predicting?

• Like 1

Now that we are reaching the end in 2 days, can we share what we love about the drama and what we would like to change or improve with the drama. 

What I love:

1) The way the male lead character is written -so refreshingly different from the arrogant and snobbish CEO or genius whatever type.

2) The way the female lead character is written -  rich, smart, capable, sassy, quirky and not the usual helpless damsel in distress or a hardworking candy.

3) Chemistry between the leads, Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin.

4) The setting in North Korea is refreshing

5) The supporting characters are interesting particularly Man Bok, the ducklings, SJ and SD, Dan’s mother.and even Seri’s mother is an interesting character. 
6) The way they do the storytelling with the epilogues and reveals of how they are fated and deep connections between the leads.

7) The editing like the scene showing Jeong Hyuk’s legs and boots crossing the border after Seri instead of his full body making it more impactful and the scenes where Jeong Hyuk was talking to Seri on the phone when she was kidnapped by his father and the single gunshot and then silence and the single teardrop falling from Jeong Hyuk’s eye. 
8) I even like how the ppl and product sponsorship are well integrated into the storyline like the Chopard watch of Jeong Hyuk’s brother and the bbq chicken.

What I would like to be improved:

1) Sometimes the way the love between Seri and Jeong Hyuk is portrayed is like that between teenagers when they are supposed to be in their early thirties. Should have portrayed a more mature love relationship between Seri and Jeong Hyuk. Maybe more smouldering looks and physical intimacy between the leads and less pouting from Jeong Hyuk. Haha.... B)

2) The  angle the kiss scenes are filmed - too zoomed out and too zomed in - the kiss scene of SJ and SD are also filmed at not a good angle. Not sure why. 

3) I find the transition from sad scenes to humour too sudden, abrupt and jarring sometimes resulting in a whiplash for me. Gives me the feeling that I am not sure if I am watching a romcom or a melodrama.

Will be one of my TOP 10 favourite korean dramas if the last 2 episodes continue to be good and the ending is good and is not a washout. 

• Like 15
  • Love 4

7 hours ago, TotoroSY said:

1) JH and SR will finally consummate their love, just before they separate. SR will be the one to initiate it, cuz JH is still too much of a gentleman to do it....

2) One will leave for the North, the other will stay back in the South

3) They will meet again after 1-2 years, in Switzerland. SR arranged for an event that invites JH to play the piano. There, she will introduce two twin girls to their daddy, JH.

I would love to have this ending but with opening of the borders (or peace treaty that will allow NK and SK citizens to do travel back and forth both countries without persecution) instead of reunification. Ri Jeong Hyeok and Yoon Seri's forbidden love epitomizes the brokenness of NK and SK relationship that seeing them settle in Switzerland feels more heartbreaking than a sad ending. I wish they won't go the political route and just focus on the romance between the OTP.

I noticed that we've been clamoring for an "I love you" scene from Jeong Hyeok for so long but writer-nim never gave it to us because she was reserving it for a climactic confession from Jeong Hyeok in the hospital, when he knew Seri was alive.

I'm hoping against hope that the reason for the frustratingly lack of skinship is because writer-nim is reserving it for a climactic (pun intended :P) love scene where they will conceive the twins before Jeong Hyeok leaves for NK. I don't know if it's an ideal way to make babies, but the whole sleeping with the enemy vibe makes it sound so sexy.

PS: I'm re-watching the clam bulgogi scene with JH stealing glances toward Seri. It's probably my favorite scene in CLOY.

• Like 4
  • Naughty 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

@Harry97 @INeedAFan 

Let’s expect the worst so that no matter what we are prepared emotionally lol - shoot for the moon, even if we miss we land on the stars.  Kind of like, under promise, so you can over deliver... 

Seriously good point though.  I also wonder if k drama writers sometimes have a sad ending in mind then due to the audience pressure they have to “compromise” with an open ending :O

Need closure.... please... 

2 hours ago, INeedAFan said:

^ This, omg.

• Like 7
  • Love 4

About the poll ,I really want that RiRi to have an happy ending on SK or Switzerland. But I’m afraid that would be an open ending with them just staring at each other at the Switzerland bridge :tears:.

I’m really praying for my theory be wrong, because I almost never likes open endings, and for CLOY and for my OTP I definitely don’t want that to happen :bawling:.

• Like 4

I'm not a Kdrama expert since this is the only 3rd one that I have ever watched (DOTS, MrSunshine, and CLOY), but I predict the two main leads will have a closure in Swiss, and the F4 will be back in NK, moving on with their lives as usual. One thing I noticed with this writer and story-line is all the the details have been reconnected/circled/and closed out beautifully, so since they met in Swiss, they will end in Swiss. There are so many hints throughout to show this will not be a sad ending. Coincidentally, all the 3 dramas I've watched, the main leads all have something to do with SHKB) I guess because I only like men in uniform and also because I don't follow K-industry much and only know SHK since she's so pretty:blush:. My Netflix shows a list of Kdramas, but I'm not interested in any and don't have plan to watch them neither, but I really really love CLOY and HB & SJY in this.

Spoiler

I put an off-topic in this spoiler because I wonder if anyone here has watched MrSunshine? I have to say I love that work so much and I'm amazed with LBH's acting skills, never seen anything like that, and he made the audience felt so believable with his acting, especially with the last scene on the train, OMG and the song played at that moment (I think the song name is Good Day). I didn't understand but got goosebumps regardless. Supper duper love that drama. I guess it didn't create much noise as CLOY because not many people like LBH's bad reputation??? I don't know, but I usually don't care much attention about actors/actresses personal life as long as they act good.

• Like 5

Now that we are reaching towards the end i wanted to just mentioned what i loved about YSR

Even though she lacked love when growing up she was so willing/ready/keen in giving love. And was not ashamed to say "thank you".

She was always worried about RJH, asking him if he was ok.

1. At the paragliding scene asked him to hold tight and also thanked him fo what he has done.

2. At the train scene she was worried if something bad would happen to him after she would have gone missing in Europe. Ohhh that was touching.

3. And my favourite, when RJH woke up from surgery she told him well done, you did well, i am so proud for you. ( i loved that part) i think no one told her that words.

I loved how she was praising RJH.:wub:

• Like 10
  • Love 4

For most dramas I skip the opening song...but this drama I always enjoy this clip. It brings such a strange emotional feeling.

Their lives parallel each other. So similar but so vastly different because of where they come from, be it South Korea or North Korea. Before crashing landed onto each other, they lived a routine and probably emotional-less life. But fate brought them together, and it has changes their lives forever, from that moment.

I have a feeling they will end up in Switzerland because of the last scene-and Seri smiled at RJH if you really notice in the drama.

• Like 12
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, ria said:

I wonder if these babies are for CLOY?

The man on the left is YSR's father, right? And the man on the right is the NIS investigator.. So, RJH and YSR will have twins after all? 

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images/gifs/videos. Thanks.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1