[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

I do think that seeing her level of devastation when she thought he’d left added a new dimension to his understanding of their relationship and how much he means to her. I do think it does distress him to know it.

I agree with you about his distress. However, I personally think RJH has started changing his perspective when he accidentally encountered SR’s older brother. It would be interesting to see how this dynamic evolves in the upcoming episode.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nesseri said:

This reminds me of what I've learnt about Han, not love between Jeong Hyeok and Se Ri from this article. Interesting.

https://bitchesoverdramas.com/2020/02/06/crash-landing-on-you-on-han-not-love/

:heart:

Thank you for sharing this post. I find it very enlightening.

Come to think of it, they both have shown love and affection, but never talked about how they would make ending up together possible. They are stuck in the reality of them not being together in the end, but also believing they are bounded by fate. And that knowledge of being each other's destiny is enough for them and for their love to survive. Kind of difficult to explain unless one reads the post above, tries to recall certain interactions between YSR and RJH.

The writer is indeed one of the best. Thumbs up!

I am now at peace knowing that there will not be a predictable happy ending. There will happiness in the finale, but to a certain extent. The finale may not even suit everyone's taste. Anyhow, happiness is always subjective. Ahhh, I remember the ending of MLFTS.

I hope everyone roots for our YSR and RJH whatever the end of their story might be. As early as now, let me say, "Kudos CLOY Team for a truly remarkable run!" :)

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, phoenixember said:

Thank you for sharing this post. I find it very enlightening.

Come to think of it, they both have shown love and affection, but never talked about how they would make ending up together possible. They are stuck in the reality of them not being together in the end, but also believing they are bounded by fate. And that knowledge of being each other's destiny is enough for them and for their love to survive. Kind of difficult to explain unless one reads the post above, tries to recall certain interactions between YSR and RJH.

The writer is indeed one of the best. Thumbs up!

I am now at peace knowing that there will not be a predictable happy ending. There will happiness in the finale, but to a certain extent. The finale may not even suit everyone's taste. Anyhow, happiness is always subjective. Ahhh, I remember the ending of MLFTS.

I hope everyone roots for our YSR and RJH whatever the end of their story might be. As early as now, let me say, "Kudos CLOY Team for a truly remarkable run!" :)

No biggie. I love to share insights that I found on CLoY re the love story between Jeong Hyeok & Se Ri. Such love story does exist. Perhaps they love for the sake of love, and knowing being together in the end may not be a great idea given their circumstances; in hope they find solace. Like how Jeong Hyeok shared with Se Ri about the prayer bowl before they parted ways at the DMZ; it's better to wait in hope rather than giving up, it'll kill you. :bawling:

I believe both are trying their best within their power and are taking one day at a time, but there will come a time (or a day) when they have to go their separate ways and Se Ri thought that day was on her birthday.

I do agree with @gilaswan that there's some sort or paradigm shift after Jeong Hyeok saw how devastated Se Ri was coming to an empty house on her birthday night believing he was gone with the 5 ducklings. Oh how I pray hard for a happy ending for everyone in CLoY but I am intrigued as well how Writer-Nim decides the ending. :heart:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4e28b44775019580aeba6a5fea5b95efb6b3f511.gifv9e65ca24932443e660778dbb8d617e8cf244cafd.gifv

VIA: THINGSKATEKNOWS

Yoon Se Ri, when she was first introduced to her step family, opened herself to be vulnerable. She trusted her step mother, but the moment she was left alone at the beach, she was so traumatised that she never let anyone close to her. She felt abandoned in this world.

Then came Ri Jeong Hyeok who took great care of her, looking after her, even saved her life in multiple occasions. She trusted him. She opened up to him. She loved him.

The very moment she came home to an empty house, mistaking that Jeong Hyeok, the very person who taught her how to love and trust again, has left her, she felt abandoned yet again. That trauma must have been too painful for her to handle since she was practically a kid, that she just broke down in the middle of the living room.

what-breaks-my-heart

• Like 13
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, J13 said:

@Hb_Yj I think he’s pointing it at CK but perhaps CK is standing under something? Looks like the other two are outside and CK is standing in a factory or something. I am really hoping nothing happens to MB :bawling: the fortune tellers prediction is starting to worry me now after seeing those pics. 

I can’t wait for episode 13! I stayed awake last weekend to try see what time Netflix uploads each episode and they upload them around 2am here in Australia so I might actually stay up tonight to watch haha the addiction is so real! :joy: 

Also, I reckon the gift is the rings :D

Whereabouts are you @J13? I'm in Perth and new epis appear on my Netflix at 10.30pm. 2am would be a torturous wait! :)

• Like 4

@cakezetajones another fellow Aussie! :D hmm how strange and unfair haha I’m in Canberra and have been checking at 12am then 1am for the last few weeks but nothing gets uploaded until I wake up. Thought I’d wing it last week and checked at 2am and it was uploaded. This drama is just gold and I’m so addicted lol 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, J13 said:

@cakezetajones another fellow Aussie! :D hmm how strange and unfair haha I’m in Canberra and have been checking at 12am then 1am for the last few weeks but nothing gets uploaded until I wake up. Thought I’d wing it last week and checked at 2am and it was uploaded. This drama is just gold and I’m so addicted lol 

@Bojun @J13 @cakezetajones Greetings from Melbourne! :)

Every weekend I am up till 2am. Saturdays its fine but come Sunday I am a mess because I gotta work the next day. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

@YuSanSeul hello! :D this drama is so addictive right! I think I’ll sleep super early tomorrow night then wake up at like 5am to watch ep 14 lol I can stay awake late tonight coz it’s a Saturday but will definitely die at work on Monday if I sleep at 2am-3am :joy: knowing me, I’ll probably do it anyways though :joy:

• Like 3

I may belong to the minority of SD x SJ romance :heart: whose heart fluttered for their unlikely pairing, but I find their love story cute. Some say it is "forced", but it's not. It is subtly and delicately developed for my liking. I hope these two will have a happy ending of their own, too! I just can't afford a Happy and Satisfying ending for SR & JH when SD's hearts be crushed to pieces... 

Indeed, LOVE knows no boundary ... A conman like SJ needs someone like SD to change his way (of life). It's up to writer-nim how to wiel her magic wand for these two darlings to have their own happily-ever-after! Amen!

615e1a56395bfb03fe87af6f13cb99b72c8ef9f6

2d14137d936bd81a99a18ee2814fff05f91db445

7228ed78813e3efb99d373cfdf14419dedf4acd1

CREDITS: kdramanewbie of Tumblr

• Like 4
  • Love 5

https://www.soompi.com/article/1381906wpp/hyun-bin-and-oh-man-seok-battle-it-out-in-crash-landing-on-you

Hyun Bin And Oh Man Seok Battle It Out In “Crash Landing On You”

Feb 8, 2020
by L. Kim

tvN’s “Crash Landing on You” has shared a glimpse of an intense encounter between Hyun Bin, Oh Man Seok, and Kim Young Min.

Spoilers

On the latest episode of the drama, Yoon Se Ri (played by Son Ye Jin) was heartbroken after mistakenly thinking that Ri Jung Hyuk (played by Hyun Bin) had returned to North Korea. After seeing Yoon Se Ri’s emotional distress, Ri Jung Hyuk embraced her and comforted her, even as he faced his impending departure from South Korea.

In the newly released stills from the upcoming episode, Ri Jung Hyuk (Hyun Bin) and Jo Chul Kang (Oh Man Seok) come face to face with each other. Ri Jung Hyuk aims his gun at Jo Chul Kang with wide eyes while Jo Chul Kang stares calmly at him with a glint of coldness in his eyes.

Hyun Bin And Oh Man Seok Battle It Out In “Crash Landing On You”

In addition, Jung Man Bok (Kim Young Min) sparks curiosity by standing at the scene with a look of despair on his face. He’s bleeding from the mouth, and his face is covered with tears. An unexpected crisis will occur with the tense battle between Ri Jung Hyuk and Jo Chul Kang and the appearance of Jung Man Bok.

kim-young-min.jpg

The next episode of “Crash Landing on You” will air on February 8 at 9 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

• Like 3

On 2/7/2020 at 1:40 PM, blue_fleurs said:

Thanks - didn't know that!!   Do you know about the practical realities of someone like RJH deciding to live in Switzerland?  Is it a situation where he would have to split his time between the two places?

Sorry for the late reply since I am traveling. Some incoherent streams of consciousness on the topic bec I'm mobile: :D

On Switzerland, is it plausible for a North Korean like RJH to live there and have a "happy ending" surrounded by cows and chocolates? The answer is yes.

But the issue here is not about  Switzerland or where he is allowed to travel and meet Se Ri. RJH can always go to countries where NK has diplomatic relations with such as China, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, USA, Canada, and many others (except SK and France (?)). Switzerland is not the only country that can provide such a possibility.  The real issue is his citizenship, if RJH:

1. remains a North Korean

2. acquires a South Korean citizenship (defection)

3. acquires another citizenship ex American, Canadian, etc. (defection)

1. The problem with remaining a NK citizen is that he is not free to travel. He will have to seek govermment permission every time he goes outside NK. Let's say RJH remains in good graces with the NK government by the end of episode 15, and pursues a career as a pianist and travels to Switzerland to perform in concerts. This is favorable to the NK government as his professional fee is a source of hard currency, so they will gladly allow him to go to Switzerland. However, once there he will always have minders following him around to make sure he's not being indoctrinated against NK ideologies and to make sure he's not fraternizing with citizens of the enemy South Korea . So that means his minders will prevent romantic reunions with Se Ri. And they will be extra tough on RJH since he has a history of "harboring a South Korean spy"  as CCK has accused him. The same MO that we saw in the Pyongyang scenes applies where his house will be bugged and every move will be reported back to NK. Come on, as of episode 12, we have been clamoring for a Seri and RJH private time while they are free to do so in SK. For sure, if he remains a NK citizen in Switzerland, a date with a South Korean will be almost impossible, if not dangerous. That means they're not getting any in Switzerland. Do we want that? I thought we want to see them have twins? :D

Important thing, this arrangement also means that RJH will turn a blind eye to NK's illegal activities and be complicit to the corruption and abuses that he and his brother are fighting against. So is that how we want our upright and principled Captain Ri go down in history?

2. If the writer makes RJH defect to SK, then it's easier to meet Se Ri. If I go by my speculation that RJH will run after corrupt NK officials, he will be a good candidate for political persecution (execution, hard labor, family purge) that will force him to leave NK.

But what about his family - Papa Ri and Mama Ri? We don't know much about Papa Ri, but before the reunion scene at his house, I had placed him as one of the bad guys bec who else would be complicit to human rights abuses and corruption in NK than the head of the Politburo himself? But he seems to have raised fine sons, so let's just say he's a good guy. LOL Is that possible? Yes, sort of. If he supports RJH is his quest for justice, Papa Ri will be also likely to be purged - reasonable for seeking asylum elsewhere. 

In reality, there were instances where Kim/Jong/Un had top-ranked officials, once thought to be his trusted advisors, executed or sent to prison camps bec of "differences in running NK". One was even fed to a tank of Brazilian piranhas. I don't know Papa Ri is going to defect, but it could happen in one of those diplomatic events like the inter-Korean meetings, where he goes missing and the next thing we know he's with the NIS ready to defect. There are several instances of high-ranking officials that have defected to SK. In fact, before the 1990's famine, most defections were done by them since they had the means or were posted in countries that made defection possible. A recent high profile defection was by NK's ambassador to Denmark and UK who defected to the British MI5/MI6 (maybe to James Bond), which caught NK and the world off guard. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/07/thae-yong-ho-north-korean-diplomat-defector/

3. Same as above but instead of defecting to SK, RJH can defect to a third country. There's an episode on The West Wing about a North Korean pianist (surprise surprise!) who was invited to play at the White House and he attempted to defect to the US by slipping a note to President Bartlett. It could be like that - he could defect to Donald... no, Justin Trudeau while on invitation to play piano abroad. LOL

So by having a passport that is a lot freer than NK's, a happy ending with Se Ri is more likely everywhere, including Switzerland, if you really want them  to be in Switzerland. Besides, I don't mind occasionally bumping into RJH in the train station or having to ask him to reach for my favorite kartoffelbrot which they always stack on top shelves at the Migros grocery. :D

**Although I am guessing they will just reopen the Kaesong Industrial Complex and Se Ri will open Se Ri Choice's manufacturing facility there, where NK ahjummas can work and see Se Ri when she goes for a plant visit. Happy ending for everyone! 

• Like 11
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1