[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

I think we can forget about a switzerland ending. While it would be logical, i think it would cost them too much to just go there for the ending and i dont think there is any travel right now due to this coronavirus spreading around, they probably dont want to risk it. It will probably be SK or NK. Once the villain is defeated, his corrupt regime are all going down with him, in fact half of his partners in crime have been arrested already, the ones left are just desperate for him to come to NK with Seri that's why the psycho went to SK to get Seri so they can try remove JH's father from office. Once their plan fail, then JH's father will probably get even more powerful so JH will be able to do something to keep Seri with him in NK. I dont know if it's logical for a SKorean to end up in NK but whatever i'll take it, especially if Seri's mother ends up being Nkorean. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jamy47 said:

I think we can forget about a switzerland ending. While it would be logical, i think it would cost them too much to just go there for the ending and i dont think there is any travel right now due to this coronavirus spreading around, they probably dont want to risk it. It will probably be SK or NK. Once the villain is defeated, his corrupt regime are all going down with him, in fact half of his partners in crime have been arrested already, the ones left are just desperate for him to come to NK with Seri that's why the psycho went to SK to get Seri so they can try remove JH's father from office. Once their plan fail, then JH's father will probably get even more powerful so JH will be able to do something to keep Seri with him in NK. I dont know if it's logical for a SKorean to end up in NK but whatever i'll take it, especially if Seri's mother ends up being Nkorean. 

If it is the Swiss ending, think they probably pre-shot the ending already, like Goblin in Quebec. 

Also, Noooooo Man Bok I’m not ready to lose you cries.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, joonminfan said:

He has helped them once already, albeit rather unwillingly. I hope he will help them again. I honestly feel that he isn’t a bad guy.

Yes, he is not a bad guy. I wonder how he could help them tho. Well, if he’s going back to SK, I am curious whether Dan is also coming. I remember someone mentioned that the drama shoot some scenes with Dan and the ahjummas in what looked like an SK’s setting.

Wow, RJH.... so the confrontation will happen after the upgraded version of the ducklings.

• Like 2

Comrades, hancinema latest article CLOY boosts BBQ chicken saled in SK :)

[HanCinema's News] "Crash Landing on You" Boosts Barbecue Chicken Sales

photo1150693.jpg

Ever since "Crash Landing on You" premiered on December 14th it has had the sponsorship support of the South Korean chicken franchise Genesis BBQ.

Recent sales figures released by Genesis BBQ indicate that the drama's success has had a powerful synergistic effect on Genesis BBQ's financial performance, with the previous weekend boasting a seventy percent improvement in sales compared to the previous weekend.

The recent spike is most likely a consequence of product placement. The lead characters of "Crash Landing on You" were recently seen consuming the franchise's specialty Gold Olive Chicken, a product which boasted a one hundred percent improvement in sales.

This is not Genesis BBQ's first foray into drama production and product placement. The chicken franchise was also a sponsor for "Goblin" back in 2016 and met with similar success for that drama. The investment was something of a risk for Genesis BBQ, as the drama's success was not necessarily preordained, although spokespeople for Genesis BBQ had long expressed confidence in the drama's potential popularity.

Written by William Schwartz

[HanCinema's News] Korean Animal Welfare Association Thanks "Crash Landing on You" for Engine Room Knock Scene

photo1150692.jpg

In a recent episode of "Crash Landing on You" a scene appears wherein the lead character played by Hyun Bin knocks the engine compartment of a car. When the perplexed leading lady, played by Son Ye-jin, asks what he's doing he replies that he is checking to see if any wild animals have taken residence in the vehicle.

Persons associated with the Korean Animal Welfare Association saw this scene and have been warm with their praise on social media. Though Hyun Bin's character is North Korean, wild animals taking residence in vehicles is not a phenomenon linked to that country alone. Animals will seek shelter in all sorts of strange places given harsh wintry weather. Even though the scene in question takes place in a parking lot, even that location is not necessarily free from such residence.

Other reactions to the scene have similarly been positive, as the practice is not widely known. The Korean Animal Welfare Association has noted that cats in particular are quite vulnerable to being hurt if they are not given warning before the car starts, and that accidents have been known to happen. Online response to the scene has been overwhelmingly positive in general, with praise being given to screenwriter Park Ji-eun for calling attention to such a little-known everyday issue.

Written by William Schwartz

• Like 4

OSEN | 2020. 02. 07. 8:51 PM

"Crash Landing on You" teases romantic gifting scene of "Ri Ri couple"

202002080912770814_5e3dfdeb61cb6.jpg

The fluttering moments of Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin in Seoul in the drama "Crash Landing on You" once again promises to capture audiences' hearts.

Episode 13 of the Sat-Sun drama "Crash Landing on You" (tvN, scriptwriter: Park Ji Eun, director: Lee Jeong Ho) airing at 9 pm (KST) February 8 is expected to contain a romantic scene when Ri Jeong Hyeok (played by Hyun Bin) prepares a special gift for Yoon Se Ri (played by Son Ye Jin).

In the photo, Ri Jeong Hyeok shows a confused expression while hiding something behind his back. Viewers can't help feeling shaken by the shyness and fluttering exuded from the restless image which does not look like him at all.

Besides, the image of Yoon Se Ri reaching out her hand as if realizing the existence of the gift also caught the viewers' attention. The contrast between her lovely gaze to Ri Jeong Hyeok and his unusual nervous expression is making the audience curious and excited. Therefore, viewers are pouring expectation to the next episode to see what the gift Ri Jeong Hyeok prepared for Yoon Se Ri would be.

At the end of episode 12 aired on February 2, Yoon Se Ri sobbed her heart out as she thought Ri Jeong Hyeok had returned to North Korea, which also broke the hearts of viewers. Seeing that, Ri Jeong Hyeok hugged Yoon Se Ri, who was trying to hold back her tears, and comforted her. This back hug scene of the "Ri Ri couple" deeply lingered in viewers' mind. The public is so curious to know where the fate of the couple who promised eternal love will go and the romance that Ri Jeong Hyeok and Yoon Se Ri will show despite the reality of their separation.

Episode 13 of "Crash Landing on You" will be broadcast at 9 pm (KST) today (February 8).

OSEN = Reporter Seon Mi Kyung /seon@osen.co.kr
Photo = Provided by tvN 
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 6

2 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Separately, I really like their kiss scene at the hospital. I thought HB and SYJ executed the scene so well, portraying that emotion of wanting more, yet hesitating because of circumstances, especially how HB as JH kissed, then pulled back, wavered for a bit, and then kissed her again. All that while, SYJ as Seri also didn’t know if she ought to turn away after the initial kiss, and wavered a little... all these subtleties... no wonder people are hooked to this show.   

I think this is just the way HB kisses most of the time as it is like this as well in his other dramas. I have observed the way he kissed HJW, HJM, and PSY, he always kisses, wavered a bit, and then kiss again. Feels like he wants to make sure it's mutual and both want to do that again, deeper. One thing for sure, the man can surely kiss..... #itshotinhere

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

what do guys think about today episode rating? 

the hype is good can we surpass 16% today?

the rating for today can be a reflection for what rating we will get in sunday episode.

because i know the cliffhanger ending for today episode will make lots people curious i expect and influx of viewers for tomorrow episode.

if today episode got 16/17% then possibly the sunday episode will surpass 19%. 

but if today episode stay around 15% then maybe sunday episode can reach 17-18%.

but we got tons of secret weapon yet to be launched. for example.. Choi ji woo Cameo, Crush OST tomorrow, IU OST next week, the usual cliffhanger ending, and ofcourse our RIRi couple fate and how will both deal with the NK and SK problem to be together.

i do believe that it is entirely possible to reach higher rating even for a cable. Hell even a TV Chosun "Mister Trot" got 27% rating for the show which destroy other drama rating by a freaking lot. you can see how sad the rating for drama in wednesday and thursday. so painful to see. 

it looks like the direct competitior for this drama is. Stove league for the second half of the drama. which had good rating aswell but shows that it got directly affected by CLOY success ( their first and second part rating for saturday is so low compare to their first and second part for friday rating )  you see their Friday rating is 13.3 , 15.1 , 16.6 meanwhile their satuday rating is 10.1 , 11.9 , 16% you can see that the jump of the rating is because CLOY had finished by the time the third part started. 

so i could say that this drama is not affected by other but in the other hand this drama straight up affecting other drama in the same timeslot or those who had share of timeslot like Stove league and Never twice. 

but i say its good that my other drama, itaewon class who just had their highest rating dont share the same timeslot with CLOY because they are on rising as well ( 8% for friday episode ).

so if u guys wondering, when it was CLOY timeslot, CLOY is number 1 for both cable and FTA because CLOY sucked up other viewership aswell and they got a good share of loyal viewers thats why the rating is always rising not declining.

• Like 9

RiRi couple on a date???

Credit:kimtaep_soneonj

Look at our BinJin. This SamGyupSal restaurant in Busan serves pork from baby pigs and is more expensive than Korean Beef. Apparently only chaebols and celebrities can afford. They close the doors for celebrities for a comfortable meal. Personally, I think people go down there all the way from Seoul for the atmosphere rather than taste. 
The filming crew of Crash Landing on You (13 members) went there (after their shooting in Busan, I wonder which scene) and they had meal which cost 1.7million Won in total and this was the photo with the owner. In the YouTube vid, the owner said beverages and rice are not charged because the meat is so expensive. As can be seen in the last pic 

Info: https://youtu.be/4MCFmStA4jw

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, jamy47 said:

Just an opinion. I think this drama turns out to be a documentary. It shows the love story between a south korean woman and north korean man where they fall in love to the extent that both have to sacrifice their own families well being. One day at the ending, the lovers would realise that the world does not revolve around them, and they have to consider many things involving their belonging of their nationality where it is impossible to be in union as their laws are against it. Both have to embrace the pain for the sake of their individual families well being. SR has to remain in south and RJH has to go back to where he belong too. They only can wish each other's lives to be happy and hope that their children children's wouldn't experience the pain of this forced separation...sad farewell... Then GSJ is back to korea to met SR telling her his real purpose of approaching and these two became friends while RJH goes back to the north. Even though there is no love he has no choice but to go against his will and marry the girl that his parents arrange him with...so, this is the ending for this documentary drama, they will be separated:tears:. Because if this drama is fantasy then it should be a whimsical ending for the main two leads.. happily ever after:D

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, sheeeeee said:

So he gonna die? 

:bawling:

Just like what we predicted ? Shaman’s prediction .... 

I don’t think so... Writer-nim will try to surprise us. I think that SR will be hurt instead of him, maybe she will get hurt while trying to save MB, maybe she will take the bullet in his place :dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

13 minutes ago, Loveumore said:

They only can wish each other's lives to be happy and hope that their children children's wouldn't experience the pain of this forced separation...sad farewell... 

Reminds me of SYJ's movie "The Classic"... maybe their offspring could get together when both N&SK unite. Alas! This is such a sad ending for our OTP!!!  Let's not dig into the reality too soon.;) CLOY is a bit of a fantasy anyway as one cannot cross the whole DMZ to the North with a paraglider and landed on a tree without getting hurt anyway :sweatingbullets: Let's hope our OTP would and could get their happy ending with their twins. 6 more hours for ep.13. Can't wait!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, jamy47 said:

Them being in NK is more illogical than Switzerland ending hehe... 

Switzerland ending is more plausible because they can film it beforehand (together with the filming of meeting scenes). As pointed out by one Soompier, Goblin did that. Iirc, Nodame Cantabile Korean version also did that. Though for me, it has some flaws...cuz usually overseas filming is done at the beginning, so the casts might not be comfortable with one another and the chemistry hasn't been properly built... It worked for Goblin because the OTP didn't really interact closely at the ending... While for Nodame, it was jarring...because Shim Eunkyung wasn't as comfortable as being Nodame at the beginning compared to her acting from the middle towards the end of the drama. 

And for NK ending... 

This drama has been under fire for romanticising NK and even reported to the police for the alleged violation of National Security Law. Granted, it might not be THAT serious, cuz the drama also pointed out that all things are fictional. However, the countries in the setting are real, so do their situations. If Seri is ended up in NK (defected), it will cause an extreme uproar. This is a Korean drama and Korean audiences are the main viewers/market (not us, the international fans with our own wishful thinking of perfectly happy ending with the whole village and Seri and ducklings live together happily ever after)... It will not be 'allegedly' violating National Security Law anymore, because it truly does. 

Also, the writer has done so much research and asked for help from actual North Koreans (and it shows) to portray situations, plots, stories, etc as close as the 'reality' despite being fantasy drama and overdramatization of some scenes. It's rather different from King2Hearts where the background setting between two countries were made totally far from reality (hence, the writer can insert more fantastical elements). That's why, I think for this drama, the writer wouldn't steer so far from the reality-based situation. It could end up in Switzerland, or with Junghyuk (probably with his family...or if without, the family could probably fake his death) defected to South, or (if goes a bit fantastical) mini-kind of Reunification can happen (I think I wrote somewhere in this forum about what's politically plausible ending aside from Reunification). It just cannot be in NK... 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I don't want them to be in Switzerland. She is a successful businesswoman. Why should she leave? I resent the fact she has to walk away from all her hard work. Yes she is rich enough to live without working for the rest of her life. However she has shown to have the drive. I guess romantics would say a woman can channel the drive towards her family etc. I am sorry but I am one of those who say yes a woman can stop work by choice. But dramas don't. They plonk the couples in random European countries all the time.

He has a family too although he wants to play the piano instead of being a soldier. But honestly not practising  for 7 years when you're a concert pianist is also lost time.

If the writer manage to make an acceptable ending- this then is good writing and planning. Why write an improbable plot and not have an ending planned?

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

4 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

I don't want them to be in Switzerland. She is a successful businesswoman. Why should she leave? I resent the fact she has to walk away from all her hard work. Yes she is rich enough to live without working for the rest of her life. However she has shown to have the drive. I guess romantics would say a woman can channel the drive towards her family etc. I am sorry but I am one of those who say yes a woman can stop work by choice. But dramas dont

I second this. Temporary living in Switzerland is ok. Permanently, I would rather SR to be a businesswoman in SK. 

• Like 5