[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

So from most of the posts here, people want YSR to move to NK in the end. If the drama were to stick to real life NK situations, that would REALLY NOT be the best ending.
The drama sparked my interest in NK and I made a lot of research on what daily life is like in NK based on stories from defectors. Frequent power outages, living in constant fear of being listened to or spied on, no connections with the outside world, restricted travel, general food shortages, unjust imprisonments of tens of thousands, etc. While the drama sticks true to most NK situations, YSR will be pretty useless should she decide to live there. She would either be a factory worker, teacher, tour guide or a farmer. In fact, she would be unable to establish a business because all businesses are state-owned. She survived her time In NK knowing she would leave soon and relying on the friends had she made.

Many Defectors leave NK even though they have family and friends in NK, because the freedom is worth it. 
It wouldn’t be so tragic after all if YSR and RJH lived in SK because not only would they have their freedom but they would have their intense love for each other.

P.S they can communicate with people in NK, if the people in NK have Chinese sim cards.

With this being said, why can’t the ending be a reunification of both NK and SK? Solves everything!

• Like 9
  • Insightful 4

@joonminfan

Spoiler

Looks like he’s back to SK. I wonder how he could redeem himself as SR and JH know that he contacted his brother.

6 minutes ago, BlackKimchi said:

If the drama were to stick to real life NK situations, that would REALLY NOT be the best ending.

Agree. Although SR was happy in NK, she is a businessman to be reckoned with. Also, we know that JH, deep down, wants to play piano again. I prefer this pair to settle in SK. I know it’s selfish, but I hate that Switzerland’s ending.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Sejabin , @thanie @im0202 @sadthe1st @mouse007 @Lawyerh @hibiscus23  His eye are magnets :joy:

@Ameera Ali, few more hours to go and we'd be LOST too :heart: To borrow @Sejabin's statement, Hyun Bin's eyes have Weakening effect :joy: Prepare your hearts, Dear ... and  @Sejabin (don't be so vulnerable, Girl. Lol!),  @im0202, @hibiscus23, @sadthe1st, @mouse007, @Lawyerh, @ScarlettRose. Today's the Day! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

54 minutes ago, BlackKimchi said:

So from most of the posts here, people want YSR to move to NK in the end. If the drama were to stick to real life NK situations, that would REALLY NOT be the best ending.
The drama sparked my interest in NK and I made a lot of research on what daily life is like in NK based on stories from defectors. Frequent power outages, living in constant fear of being listened to or spied on, no connections with the outside world, restricted travel, general food shortages, unjust imprisonments of tens of thousands, etc. While the drama sticks true to most NK situations, YSR will be pretty useless should she decide to live there. She would either be a factory worker, teacher, tour guide or a farmer. In fact, she would be unable to establish a business because all businesses are state-owned. She survived her time In NK knowing she would leave soon and relying on the friends had she made.

Many Defectors leave NK even though they have family and friends in NK, because the freedom is worth it. 
It wouldn’t be so tragic after all if YSR and RJH lived in SK because not only would they have their freedom but they would have their intense love for each other.

P.S they can communicate with people in NK, if the people in NK have Chinese sim cards.

With this being said, why can’t the ending be a reunification of both NK and SK? Solves everything!

Realistically speaking even Switzerland is difficult for them given the fact that RJH is not studying anymore and his profession is now being a soldier. Maybe a slight chance if he becomes a NK representative pianist he may have concerts or classes there but no long term stay. If RJH defects to SK, his family would be in danger (maybe he himself as well) since his family is at the top of the hierarchy which means knowing too much about the details of NK politics. Of course, as you said Seri's defection to NK is almost impossible but since this is a drama, i wouldn't hurt to imagine right;) 

p.s. I acknowledged the fact that their end game will be Switzerland from the beginning but since i like the depiction of NK setting in this drama (old-school feeling which is quite refreshing compared to recent dramas), my heart wants NK ending although i know it won't happen:tears:

• Like 8

https://www.soompi.com/article/1381880wpp/hyun-bin-gets-nervous-about-surprising-son-ye-jin-with-a-gift-on-crash-landing-on-you

Hyun Bin Gets Nervous About Surprising Son Ye Jin With A Gift On “Crash Landing On You”

Feb 7, 2020
by E. Cha

Hyun Bin Gets Nervous About Surprising Son Ye Jin With A Gift On “Crash Landing On You”

tvN’s “Crash Landing on You” has shared a glimpse of a sweet moment between Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin!

On the latest episode of the drama, Yoon Se Ri (played by Son Ye Jin) was heartbroken after mistakenly thinking that Ri Jung Hyuk (played by Hyun Bin) had returned to North Korea. After seeing Yoon Se Ri’s emotional distress, Ri Jung Hyuk embraced her and comforted her, even as he faced his impending departure from South Korea.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Ri Jung Hyuk hides something behind his back as he approaches Yoon Se Ri with an uncharacteristically nervous expression on his face—piquing viewers’ curiosity as to what the gift in his hands might be.

Meanwhile, Yoon Se Ri appears to have caught onto the fact that Ri Jung Hyuk has prepared a surprise gift for her, and she expectantly holds out her hands as she beams up at him with an excited smile.

Crash-Landing-on-You1.jpg

To find out what Ri Jung Hyuk’s mysterious gift for Yoon Se Ri is, tune in to the next episode of “Crash Landing on You” on February 8 at 9 p.m. KST!

Source (1)

• Like 8
  • Naughty 1
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 3

1 hour ago, INeedAFan said:

@joonminfan

Reveal hidden contents

Looks like he’s back to SK. I wonder how he could redeem himself as SR and JH know that he contacted his brother.

He has helped them once already, albeit rather unwillingly. I hope he will help them again. I honestly feel that he isn’t a bad guy.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, lavanta said:

This is exactly what i want! Thank you for pointing out so well:heart: I do want JH and Seri's happiness but I want other character's in their life as well. Every character in CLOY is so precious and i am rooting all of their happy ending

If they really do go to Switzerland, I want them to do so because they want go on a leisurely holiday and to show their kids where mommy and daddy first met and probably fell in love. But not because they have to run away from something.

They been running away and hiding for almost half of CLOY. Let them rest already.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I realise that JH was the one who initiated the kisses and shows of affection each time with Seri. Seri certainly has a lot of emotional scars and fears of abandonment. It’s particularly sad that in this relationship with JH, she risks being “abandoned” again, though not by personal will of JH, but by politics. That’s really sad. I just wonder if and when in this story she will be able to take her guard down and initiate that show of affection to JH. She does fuss over him when he hurts himself, but she can’t seem to take that step further. 

Separately, I really like their kiss scene at the hospital. I thought HB and SYJ executed the scene so well, portraying that emotion of wanting more, yet hesitating because of circumstances, especially how HB as JH kissed, then pulled back, wavered for a bit, and then kissed her again. All that while, SYJ as Seri also didn’t know if she ought to turn away after the initial kiss, and wavered a little... all these subtleties... no wonder people are hooked to this show.   

• Like 17
  • Sad 2
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, gilaswan said:

I just wonder if and when in this story she will be able to take her guard down and initiate that show of affection to JH. She does fuss over him when he hurts himself, but she can’t seem to take that step further. 

Although I agree with some of your points, SR’s hesitancy is/was also the product of JH’s action(s). There are many circumstances where JH starts to draw the line in their relationship. For instance, when JH told SR about CCK’s intentions, she quickly asked him whether he crossed the border to protect her and he flatly said no. Although it might seem a trivial matter, it feels like a wake up call for SR. 

As I said earlier, I hope they could overcome this issue and walk along the road with flowers. 

• Like 11