[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

Song Ga In's song is really perfect for CLOY! It's the perfect song that stirs up your emotions :tears:

Our writer really loves to shoot her female leads towards the end. Hahaha. I know that Seri will survive, because we still need to see their twins! If in LOTBS, it was only shown in the end that the female lead was pregnant, i hope we will get our upgrade this time and see actual babies. Lol. Twins!!!

I know that we all want some passionate scenes from our leads... but im trying to take into consideration that our male lead never dated anyone. Plus, he went to SoKor not to stay for good, but he want to take down the enemy. So i guess he's trying to really hard to suppress and control his emotions. He was only able to confess to Seri during the drinking session. They were both in a situation wherein they know that them being together will not last and RJH needs to go back. That's why they are trying not to create moments/memories like that thus far. 

But now that they missed the bus and seeing Seri got shot... it might be a little different now. 

We're now down to our last 3 episodes, i cant believe it :tears: 

• Like 13
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Spoiler

I really love the shoe but episode 13 overall frustrated me! I’m sorry I am going to rant my disappointments: 

1. Can the OTP do more than just stare at each other’s eyes at a 1 metre apart distance? Especially during the times when they realise they are fated, over and over again? Argh!! (It might also be the director-nim’s problem to use an awkward long shot for each “fated” moment which makes it look repetitive) but I wished when he told her she was his type, he at least grabbed her hand and embraced her or something. so unnatural :( 

2. I felt like the slow-mo scenes were overdone and lowered the tension! It slowed down the pace and made it look silly for eg seri to make a quicker decision. I felt like they did this sort of action thriller scene better in ep 11 in the car park.

3. The editor seriously used some still cuts and put them together like a slideshow to show Seri’s flashback. C’mon, it’s such a lazy day way! :( it would’ve been worked better if they edited that more creatively? Eg Use clips instead of still pics!

nonetheless I still loved it when manbok didn’t follow his past ways and told ri the truth, and kicked butt too! And shot the baddie. (But what’s with the fade out to black? Hopefully he’s dead?)

and thankfully there were still some standout performances and the Most incredible scene: when drama duckling finally meets Ms Choi Ji Woo!!! I realised TVN used nice and different BG song to the Netflix’s version. But oh well. What a drama gem! How special for the show to have made this happen! This will go down in drama history...

I really liked the high angle used when ri caught seri when he opened the car. (Wished she just used her FWD to drive the baddie over) That was a really awesome shot and evoked the shocking emotions.

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kyoya said:

I know that we all want some passionate scenes from our leads... but im trying to take into consideration that our male lead never dated anyone. Plus, he went to SoKor not to stay for good, but he want to take down the enemy. So i guess he's trying to really hard to suppress and control his emotions. He was only able to confess to Seri during the drinking session. They were both in a situation wherein they know that them being together will not last and RJH needs to go back. That's why they are trying not to create moments/memories like that thus far. 

But now that they missed the bus and seeing Seri got shot... it might be a little different now. 

We're now down to our last 3 episodes, i cant believe it :tears: 

Yes I agree and was thinking the same thing while watching episode 13 but then I start overthinking too and I’m like ‘well he already kissed SR three times already (all initiated by him btw) so surely one or two or three or so on more kisses won’t kill anyone right’ :joy:

• Like 11
  • LOL 2

Enjoyed the first half of Episode 13. Lots of tying up of loose ends and parallels to what happened in NK... but I wish to see that wouldn’t be an exact parallel... else it takes away the excitement.

I think it is time to have some breakthrough in the NK characters after what they have experienced!

Spoiler

1. Revelation of Desperate Effort

2. Delivery of the promised awards

3. Couple rings

4. Manbok’s growth (yay!)

5. SD and GSJ‘s development

6. Meals together just like NK

7. YSR taking one for RJH and thus resulting in the team missing the bus (flight for YSR in NK)

So apparently in the dialogue between  SD’s mother and brother, the mum asked her bro if he is ok since RJH’s dad is cracking down in the illegal stayers and the bro said he is fine coz he wasn’t into the money. That means SD’s Uncle is not the baddie. Thanks Writer for not going that route! He was a funny guy. Thanks for not spoiling it. With JCG out of the picture (he better be dead by now), the ultimate baddie would now be the Military Director I guess. <_<

• Like 18

I think Son Ye Jin has cold or something during filming. Her voice seems different, like someone with runny nose. Perhaps that’s the reason for no kiss after exchanging rings? So that Hyun Bin doesn’t catch cold from her?

Great episode as always. But episode 12 is still my favorite one! Can’t wait for tomorrow’s episode.

I‘m curious with whom RJH is fighting tomorrow? Is CCK dead?

• Like 17
  • Love 1

Episode 13 was sweet. I really like how RJH is going about their relationship, he is giving her long term commitment promises even though they know they have to be separated. I guess we're supposed to assume that we don't get to see their intimate scenes as its too private. :sweatingbullets: The best bit was the whole squad watching soccer. The ducklings are the cutest.

I was really upset about the second brother showing absolute disregard for Seri. I thought he at least didn't want her dead unlike the sis-in-law. But I hope they both rot in jail now ugghh

• Like 12

1 hour ago, J13 said:

Yes I agree and was thinking the same thing while watching episode 13 but then I start overthinking too and I’m like ‘well he already kissed SR three times already (all initiated by him btw) so surely one or two or three or so on more kisses won’t kill anyone right’ :joy:

I like the fact that YSR initiated the removal of the armrest in the cinema... haha... and our RHJ offered his hand...

54 minutes ago, Nurin said:

Did Chol Gang died on ep.13?

He better be dead! Enough of him... time for the happy ending!! :rolleyes::lol:

• Like 10
  • LOL 5

Since everyone is weighing in on the possible endings, let me give it a shot too.

What makes defection on either party’s end difficult would be, story wise 

• trying to keep it realistic - JH will risk his family’s life back in NK, and this would extend to his extended family as well, no don’t. His father already said that he needed to protect his family, and I didn’t think that only meant his family of 3.
• JH’s character has been written as someone responsible and pragmatic. In fact, if this story were to develop on its own will, I would not be surprised if he would go ahead with the marriage to Dan for the purpose of family allegiances, being responsible to the promises made, and keeping Dan honorable. The only way the marriage would not proceed would be if Dan calls it off. Although I would expect that in his loyalty towards and love for Seri, he would probably never consummate the marriage.

Politics wise

• sensitivities towards NK will not make the writer have Seri be the one to defect, though story wise, it makes most perfect sense - she has no real relationship she treasures in SK. After all, this is primarily a show for the SK audience.

I reckon one possible way this can be resolved is if CCG is actually caught and returned to NK and taken to trial a second time. There would be more evidence against him this time of him attempting also to plot against the Director (JH’s dad). RJH and the F5 will be hailed as heroes sent on a secret mission for the country. All will be spared. RJH’s family will be safe, and his father can officially plan a diplomat’s life for his son.

Seri’s horrid second brother will be tried for plotting with a North Korean to cause harm to a high profile South Korean civilian. The NK government will not want to be embarrassed for something like that and would not want to claim involvement in this, and so once again, all the parties in NK will be spared cos they will turn a blind eye to this; likewise the SK Govt will also not want to blow this up as a form of diplomacy to the north as well - they would not want to start the war again because of such a case. So the trials are as low profile as possible. Seungjun gets to return unscathed in such a climate but prolly chooses to go back to the UK since he’s actually citizen there. Seri goes to Switzerland to recuperate. And because the world is so connected, she can very well run her business from there and be the jet setting woman. They will have an unconventional, modern relationship that does not result in marriage since they politically can’t, but who cares since the drama will end anyway. :D

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

I really wonder how much more would this drama make me cry. I realize I have been crying more with each episode for the past 3-4 episodes. It was so heartbreaking when Junghyuk opened the car door and Seri just fell into his arms lifelessly. Then when the ducklings ran out and broke down, my heart shattered. Pyo Chisu's tear rolling down his cheek made me sob endlessly. The woman that he wanted to bury at the beginning, has become a dear friend and family to him that he couldn't bear losing her. Junghyuk's confession in the voiceover was just as heartbreaking and unbearable for me. I believe he has been wanting to tell that to Seri in person, but the situation they were in has prevented him from saying that to avoid complications. He didn't want to say it and give hope to Seri when he has no confidence about their future together. But at that moment when he said those heartfelt words in his heart to Seri, he must have regretted not being able to tell her in person. Oh, my heart.. Drama, just what are you doing to me? :bawling:

I knew the sweet moments at the first half of the episode was building up to something heartbreaking, but I was still not prepared to be so torn at the end of the episode. D;

I am hoping at this point of time that Manbok did indeed kill Jo Chul Kang, and that he himself is safe at the same time. At the same time, I realize the most dangerous person wasn't Jo Chul Kang but Seri's 2nd brother and sister-in-law. To get the money and power they desire, they could go all out to hurt their own family. They even went to the extent of lying to their father, and trying to frame Seri (who is the victim of this whole incident) and Seungjun for conspiring to cheat their father's money. That's downright despicable!!!

I am praying hard that Seri would wake up halfway through the episode tomorrow (as what happened to Junghyuk in North Korea). No amnesia please! Writer-nim, I will hate you if you go that route!

*Okay, this is really random and irrelevant, but I just realize after almost finishing up with this post, I still have my mask on. I went to wash up and put on the mask after I finished the episode cos I saw Seri doing the masks for the ducklings. It's been almost an hour since I put it on.:scream: 

Alright~ Checking out for the night! Have a good night/day to all comrades, and thanks for reading my post once again!

• Like 17
  • Love 2

16 minutes ago, TotoroSY said:

Adding on to my earlier post, 2 subtle things stood out for me :

1) The clothes that the youngest ducking choose (he's only 17) which was a school uniform. It touches me unexpectedly, cuz he's been in the army since before high school, which means he didn't get to go to school. And him skipping around wearing that bunny hat, acting like any other teenager. I'm so glad for him, that he got to be a kid again.

2) The F4+1 ducklings cheering for Korea during the football match. I believe the writer is subtly hinting here, how both North Koreans and South Koreans are just Koreans. That football match at the BBQ chicken shop reunited them..... lovely way to convey the message that they are all Koreans at heart.

And oh yeah, the couple ring exchange scene which showed lots of hand holding and loving eye glances, but missing that important kiss!! Hahaha!! I think both of them are really holding back, and that's what the writer is trying to convey. The prolonged hand-holding just shows how much they desire for each other, yet they can't take that one step forward. Also JH is a gentleman, old-school style, and he will keep on hold back. Sigh, which is torture for us viewers......

RJH is indeed an old school style... hahaha... even the cake he got was deemed “old fashioned” by YSR... lol! :lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 8