Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

18 minutes ago, boredahjumma said:

Plot twist :

JWS is actually protecting CSH AND KJH by joining the company. There is still unanswered question why loyal directors to CSH give the Co-CEO idea a pass. Does JWS plan to give the hotel back to CSH without a full blown court case? He bought Director Choi's stocks. The only director known to support his mother. He can do whatever he wants with them, including giving it back to CSH. My guess is that JWS gave up awhile ago, looking at the couple's sincerity and plotting a way to settle the war once and for all.

JWS is actually holding all the important cards : video of the conspiracy to bring down CSH through the Cuba deal, Choi's stock. And the uncle, he's very suspicious. He didn't say a word on the Board Meeting.

Just my 2 cents :blush:

That actually entered my mind. Since this drama reverses all the tropes, I wouldn't be surprised if this happens. Moreover, I predict that JWS will leave Taegyeong toward the end of the drama and live his own life, something he told his Mother in an early episode.

• Like 16

8 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

JWS is actually protecting CSH AND KJH by joining the company.

I think JWS did it to protect CSH..he still doesnt know how much they love each other..so once he realizes that no matter what, CSH will be with JH, he will give the hotel to her.. 

Also, whenever JWS meets JH, he is polite, he even praised him on the cuba deal..he did taunt him but it was not that rude..he even asks him if he ate when they meet..I heard that in Korea asking " Did you eat" is a way of greeting similar to "how are you"..so there is still some hope in him!! 

But then him being totally silent to his mother when she talks about destroying CSH..grrrr..he really needs to grow a spine to talk to his mother!! 

1 hour ago, thistle said:

I just don't know given what @nikir said about translation.....but I still like what I thought earlier even if it is a little pervy.  ;)

:D:D  I also the liked the translation..but I listened to it again and he says " I drank tea in my home.you really want me to drink tea and leave" ..the korean experts in here can clarify

Also, i think given the dialogues that has been in this drama..I dont think they would use that dialogue..even if we want them to :w00t:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

That actually entered my mind. Since this drama reverses all the tropes, I wouldn't be surprised if this happens. Moreover, I predict that JWS will leave Taegyeong toward the end of the drama and live his own life, something he told his Mother in an early episode.

High Five :) 

I also think JWS will stand on his own and leave TaeGyeong. 4 years too late... 

• Like 8

A salute to that ending...! Both PBG and SHK are just amazing on thet ending of epi 12...! I love all their scenes but this one stands out to me...! 

You can feel how happy, relieved, surpriand in love KJH... The way his tears just feel right at the very moment he hugged her,,,! Geezzz that was perfect...! CSH’s tear is just as well perfectly held in her eyes but  the feeling is so intense...!

a preview of happy family eating out together would really be nice...! 

My fear is that

Spoiler

Something will happen to KJH’s mom... or a confrontation of the moms...this might really break KJH totally... hope not..!!!

• Like 15
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, boredahjumma said:

Plot twist :

JWS is actually protecting CSH AND KJH by joining the company. There is still unanswered question why loyal directors to CSH give the Co-CEO idea a pass. Does JWS plan to give the hotel back to CSH without a full blown court case? He bought Director Choi's stocks. The only director known to support his mother. He can do whatever he wants with them, including giving it back to CSH. My guess is that JWS gave up awhile ago, looking at the couple's sincerity and plotting a way to settle the war once and for all.

JWS is actually holding all the important cards : video of the conspiracy to bring down CSH through the Cuba deal, Choi's stock. And the uncle, he's very suspicious. He didn't say a word on the Board Meeting.

Just my 2 cents :blush:

26 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

17 minutes ago, nikir said:

I think JWS did it to protect CSH..he still doesnt know how much they love each other..so once he realizes that no matter what, CSH will be with JH, he will give the hotel to her.. 

Also, whenever JWS meets JH, he is polite, he even praised him on the cuba deal..he did taunt him but it was not that rude..he even asks him if he ate when they meet..I heard that in Korea asking " Did you eat" is a way of greeting similar to "how are you"..so there is still some hope in him!! 

But then him being totally silent to his mother when she talks about destroying CSH..grrrr..he really needs to grow a spine to talk to his mother!! 

Reading all your comment made me think twice about JWS's real motive.

But seeing his actions, his choice of words, and his reaction to JH and SH relationship, he came to Donghwa for SH and himself. AT least at this point in Ep12. He must have been looking at Donghwa as both his and SH exit from Taegyong grasps, especially when he bought all the shares with his personal funds.

He think he's doing it because he loved SH, it's his way of loving her and protecting her but he also didn't realise he was being a jealous a*rse. And remember his face off with JH at the latter neighbourhood? His jaw ticked when JH left him even though all he can say was 'It's cold!' He was fidgeting when JH didn't emerge after the latter dropped SH at her home. His gaze changes when he saw those who were close to SH are appreciating JH.

He is in a denial, that poor clueless lad.

But I didn't totally deny that maybe, MAYBE at some point (giving him a benefit of doubt) he would come around. I am not aware of the writer past work (whether the villains arc of development turn them into a decent person) but everything is possible in Korean drama right?

Especially when we still got 4 more episode to go. Anything can happen. Pray for the best for our leads.

• Like 23

5 minutes ago, Far^away said:

Reading all your comment made me think twice about JWS's real motive.

But seeing his actions, his choice of words, and his reaction to JH and SH relationship, he came to Donghwa for SH and himself. AT least at this point in Ep12. He must have been looking at Donghwa as both his and SH exit from Taegyong grasps, especially when he bought all the shares with his personal funds.

He think he's doing it because he loved SH, it's his way of loving her and protecting her but he also didn't realise he was being a jealous a*rse. And remember his face off with JH at the latter neighbourhood? His jaw ticked when JH left him even though all he can say was 'It's cold!' He was fidgeting when JH didn't emerge after the latter dropped SH at her home. His gaze changes when he saw those who were close to SH are appreciating JH.

He is in a denial, that poor clueless lad.

But I didn't totally deny that maybe, MAYBE at some point (giving him a benefit of doubt) he would come around. I am not aware of the writer past work (whether the villains arc of development turn them into a decent person) but everything is possible in Korean drama right?

Especially when we still got 4 more episode to go. Anything can happen. Pray for the best for our leads.

Exactly, all is possible in the drama world. I am just praying this drama does not go overly dramatic on us... No terminal disease, no amnesia, no accident... Please... 

• Like 15

E12 is all about the wolf represented by WS and MIL losing their battle with CSH. After giving it a thorough analysis, CSH correctly chooses the best option of staying with KJH by attending KJH family dinner. In the animation, the wolf disappeared after CSH made a turn towards the gate of KJH house. All hopes of WS to claim back CSH disappeared into thin air. It could also mean that MIL's wicked intention to bring down CSH and her father should they attend the death anniversary had backfired. Let's give CSH and KJH a hearty applause.:D

I will not say anything about their bedroom scene because it was a flop for KJH. He should have pushed a little by giving CSH some butterfly and mouth eating kisses and CSH may ultimately give in. That's my crooked assumption. I forgot it is a General Patronage drama series. Hahahaha! :D

• Like 10
  • LOL 10

40 minutes ago, roshzanna said:

This episode is about courage and taking risks. If she will loose some and gain some let it be.

It is when she has nothing that she finds the road to happiness, freedom, the love of her life. Now, she is not afraid to lose what she worked for, if it will mean having Jh in her life. Keeping some open spaces in our life, will enable the most important things in our life to come in. If it is crowded and full, we may miss those most important things. 

How i cherish everyone in this forum.. each one of you gave thoughtful insights which not only relate to the drama but also very relatable to our own life.

Thank you for your beautiful words,

@roshzanna

In Woo Suk case, i agree, even if Woo Suk turn out to the noble idiot, trying to protect SH from his mom, he is however, doesn't need to hurt Jin Hyuk and So Hyun with his words. Even if it's in the name of Oppa's Love trying to find out whether Jin Hyuk worthy enough for Soo Hyun.

So Hyun on the other hand, i believe, she would choose to step down, rather than receive the remaining shares from Woo Sook. Remember how Woo Suk tried to help her with Sokcho painter? She decided not to accept as she know, she will forever be in Taegyong circle. 

I'm quoting Roshzanna here, 

It is when she has nothing that she finds the road to happiness, freedom, the love of her life.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

I have to admit that this drama keeps surprising me in a lot of ways. I love how in this drama CSH and JH are a couple determined to support each other despite opposition. 

I loved, loved, loved the end of episode 12....CSH made it clear to her ex husband, his mother, the media, and especially JH that she chose JH. The tears in JH's eyes at seeing CSH standing in front of his house said it all; in that moment the writer let us know that he had doubts that had been weighing on him, but she laid them to rest....you could feel his relief.

There are only 4 episodes left and there are going to be some more challenges; we know the ex mother in law is going to come down hard on CSH after her snub by not attending the family memorial. Maybe her ex-husband will finally become a man in front of his mother and stand up to her. He lost the woman he loved because he couldn't protect her.

I also am loving my second ship---CSH' assistant and JH's restaurant friend....he's just too cute. Loved that little rose scene.

:wub:

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thistle said:

I just don't know given what @nikir said about translation.....but I still like what I thought earlier even if it is a little pervy.  ;)

2 hours ago, nikir said:

:D:D  I also the liked the translation..but I listened to it again and he says " I drank tea in my home.you really want me to drink tea and leave" ..the korean experts in here can clarify

Also, i think given the dialogues that has been in this drama..I dont think they would use that dialogue..even if we want them to :w00t:

I’m no Korean expert but I think he literally said “We had our mouths controlled before, and even here you’re telling me to have tea?” I’m not sure what he meant by control here... As in eating/drinking or kissing? :phew: Or was he just playing with words between  참았 (endure) and 차마실 (having tea)? Cos they kinda sound similar in Korean. Forgive me if I was wrong. :grimace:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I doubt that JWS created that Co-CEO seat in order to help CSH so that he plans to give her all his shares from the start.

Agree ..not from the start ..but am hoping that he will give up control as a parting gift once he realizes that they are meant to be and that he cannot protect her..

But I hope Monster in law, CSH's mother and Dir. Choi get the punishment they deserve ..I think being rejected by CSH will pbly be the biggest punishment for WS..but once he sees his mother in prison or brought down by society he may turn a new leaf...hope!! 

• Like 9