[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

40 minutes ago, roshzanna said:

This episode is about courage and taking risks. If she will loose some and gain some let it be.

It is when she has nothing that she finds the road to happiness, freedom, the love of her life. Now, she is not afraid to lose what she worked for, if it will mean having Jh in her life. Keeping some open spaces in our life, will enable the most important things in our life to come in. If it is crowded and full, we may miss those most important things. 

How i cherish everyone in this forum.. each one of you gave thoughtful insights which not only relate to the drama but also very relatable to our own life.

Thank you for your beautiful words,

@roshzanna

In Woo Suk case, i agree, even if Woo Suk turn out to the noble idiot, trying to protect SH from his mom, he is however, doesn't need to hurt Jin Hyuk and So Hyun with his words. Even if it's in the name of Oppa's Love trying to find out whether Jin Hyuk worthy enough for Soo Hyun.

So Hyun on the other hand, i believe, she would choose to step down, rather than receive the remaining shares from Woo Sook. Remember how Woo Suk tried to help her with Sokcho painter? She decided not to accept as she know, she will forever be in Taegyong circle. 

I'm quoting Roshzanna here, 

It is when she has nothing that she finds the road to happiness, freedom, the love of her life.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

I have to admit that this drama keeps surprising me in a lot of ways. I love how in this drama CSH and JH are a couple determined to support each other despite opposition. 

I loved, loved, loved the end of episode 12....CSH made it clear to her ex husband, his mother, the media, and especially JH that she chose JH. The tears in JH's eyes at seeing CSH standing in front of his house said it all; in that moment the writer let us know that he had doubts that had been weighing on him, but she laid them to rest....you could feel his relief.

There are only 4 episodes left and there are going to be some more challenges; we know the ex mother in law is going to come down hard on CSH after her snub by not attending the family memorial. Maybe her ex-husband will finally become a man in front of his mother and stand up to her. He lost the woman he loved because he couldn't protect her.

I also am loving my second ship---CSH' assistant and JH's restaurant friend....he's just too cute. Loved that little rose scene.

:wub:

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thistle said:

I just don't know given what @nikir said about translation.....but I still like what I thought earlier even if it is a little pervy.  ;)

2 hours ago, nikir said:

:D:D  I also the liked the translation..but I listened to it again and he says " I drank tea in my home.you really want me to drink tea and leave" ..the korean experts in here can clarify

Also, i think given the dialogues that has been in this drama..I dont think they would use that dialogue..even if we want them to :w00t:

I’m no Korean expert but I think he literally said “We had our mouths controlled before, and even here you’re telling me to have tea?” I’m not sure what he meant by control here... As in eating/drinking or kissing? :phew: Or was he just playing with words between  참았 (endure) and 차마실 (having tea)? Cos they kinda sound similar in Korean. Forgive me if I was wrong. :grimace:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I doubt that JWS created that Co-CEO seat in order to help CSH so that he plans to give her all his shares from the start.

Agree ..not from the start ..but am hoping that he will give up control as a parting gift once he realizes that they are meant to be and that he cannot protect her..

But I hope Monster in law, CSH's mother and Dir. Choi get the punishment they deserve ..I think being rejected by CSH will pbly be the biggest punishment for WS..but once he sees his mother in prison or brought down by society he may turn a new leaf...hope!! 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@nikir @gumtaek @Far^away @boredahjumma I doubt that JWS created that Co-CEO seat in order to help CSH so that he plans to give her all his shares from the start. 

I beg to disagree. I didn't say he did plan to give all of his shares to her. Now or later. Maybe my words skewed toward that train of thought so I'm sorry for confusing everyone who read it. :sweatingbullets:

Let me arrange my words better. I think he came to Donghwa primarily because he thought that if he gained the hotel, then SH would have no choice but to go to him, since the hotel means everything to her. I also believe he think that he is protecting her right on Donghwa by snatching the hotel himself since he did it without his mother's help. He definitely up to something, and this is implied when he doesn't say a word when his mom asked if he also had the same intention as hers for acquiring Donghwa.

For me, at the end of the episode SH just delivered a slap on his face by ditching the death anniversary event. It means the hotel is no longer everything to her. But KJH is!!!

I can't wait to see how his face contorted with anger when he realised the one who came was Sec Jang and Mr Nam. Serves you right! 

To Soo Hyun, you go girl!:thumbsup:

• Like 21

1 hour ago, nikir said:

Agree ..not from the start ..but am hoping that he will give up control as a parting gift once he realizes that they are meant to be and that he cannot protect her..

But I hope Monster in law, CSH's mother and Dir. Choi get the punishment they deserve ..I think being rejected by CSH will pbly be the biggest punishment for WS..but once he sees his mother in prison or brought down by society he may turn a new leaf...hope!! 

Well, I have to disagree with you on this. His intention was never to protect her... He has always been using that as an excuse, even when he started meddling in the affairs of Donghwa Hotel. He just wants to possess her. He knows from JMJ and the uncle that he has been blamed for not protecting CSH that's why he acts as if he is trying to protect her, this explains why the uncle agreed to side with JWS first. But his real intention is to have CSH, nothing more... so he doesn't need to realize that he can not protect her because it is not his true intention. He just needs to act as if he was protecting her, yet he allowed his mother to corner CSH. He didn't stop her and JWS was actually hoping, CSH would come to the death anniversary.

For me, JWS needs to realize that he has never truly loved her... it was more an obsession as he couldn't bear the thought that there was a woman who was not interested in him. Don't forget that we were told many times that JWS was really popular among women (l. f. ex. at the shop, where he met CSH per coincidence). 

@Far^away When I tagged you among others with my former reply, it was because you were discussing if JWS will give all his shares to CSH as he wants to help her and I didn't want to quote all the posts. I know that you had a similar point of view like me. I didn't misunderstand you.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

In my opinion, JWS became the co-CEO to protect SH from his mother and MR.Choi and also to stay close to her. I think he doesn't want to overtake the hotel or force SH to be with him. I just can't see the malice in him (yes I'm totally biased).:glasses:

Also here is the recap of Episode 12: https://www.asiandrama4u.com/encounter-episode-12-recap/

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

On 1/11/2019 at 8:42 AM, philosophie said:

I could see her running an art gallery. And succeeding effortlessly seeing how amazing she’s been as CEO. If she remains CEO till the end, that’s fine too, but this evil MIl and annoying ex hubby have a lot of redeeming to do. 

it would be nice to see CSH runs an art gallery and KJH as photographer in travel magazine where he's in the article before.

I also thought about CSH cut ties with Donghwa.. but then since she raised the hotel and not to mention other people who helped her run the hotel..

I'll have no exit too from KJH's charm, how to move on?

can I hope they will be partnered again in future drama ? (become drama couple like tom hanks and meg ryan) 

even the scene at the playground looked very romantic for me, both are very relaxed and with sweet background music..

• Like 13

2 hours ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

How i cherish everyone in this forum.. each one of you gave thoughtful insights which not only relate to the drama but also very relatable to our own life.

Thank you for your beautiful words,

@roshzanna

In Woo Suk case, i agree, even if Woo Suk turn out to the noble idiot, trying to protect SH from his mom, he is however, doesn't need to hurt Jin Hyuk and So Hyun with his words. Even if it's in the name of Oppa's Love trying to find out whether Jin Hyuk worthy enough for Soo Hyun.

So Hyun on the other hand, i believe, she would choose to step down, rather than receive the remaining shares from Woo Sook. Remember how Woo Suk tried to help her with Sokcho painter? She decided not to accept as she know, she will forever be in Taegyong circle. 

I'm quoting Roshzanna here, 

It is when she has nothing that she finds the road to happiness, freedom, the love of her life.

You might be onto something: JWS might propose her the shares as a bait, just like he did with the painting but CSH refuses in order to cut ties definitely with him. She doesn't want to be indebted towards him because she knows, he would use it to bind her to him forever. He would keep mentioning this so that CSH would be forced to do him a favor.

• Like 19

59 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@Far^away When I tagged you among others with my former reply, it was because you were discussing if JWS will give all his shares to CSH as he wants to help her and I didn't want to quote all the posts. I know that you had a similar point of view like me. I didn't misunderstand you.

Oh. Ditto!:D

anyway. 

Rewatching the episodes again, does anybody notice during a flashback scene where CSH send off JWS and her father in law to the car. 

In that scene, the only one who was smiling brightly was JWS and he even affectionately tapping her shoulder before going off. 

CSH has a blank look on her face and Chairwoman was giving her a serious side look. 

I wonder what was happening in that brief scene. I’m hoping for some clarification but am I asking too much? :sweatingbullets:

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Far^away said:

Oh. Ditto!:D

anyway. 

Rewatching the episodes again, does anybody notice during a flashback scene where CSH send off JWS and her father in law to the car. 

In that scene, the only one who was smiling brightly was JWS and he even affectionately tapping her shoulder before going off. 

CSH has a blank look on her face and Chairwoman was giving her a serious side look. 

I wonder what was happening in that brief scene. I’m hoping for some clarification but am I asking too much? :sweatingbullets:

This underlines that as long as he had her by his side, he was happy. However, her coldness must have burdened him more and more.

• Like 10

Amazing analysis chingus! Oh how I’m gonna miss all of these once the drama ends

Still on the fence about WS’ true intentions, but for his sake, I hope it favors SH and JH in the end

With 4 episodes left, I wonder how it’s all gonna tie in together but I’m confident the writer will do it beautifully. Seems like he/she has finally found her niche

I love, love the ending animation of episode 12 with the wolf disintegrating. Someone pointed out earlier that it could represent CSH’s past and I totally agree

I’d still want her to keep the hotel and be CEO but I’m also not opposed to the idea of her running away/pursuing other passions with JH. Operating the hotel in Cuba seems like a nice idea, although realistically I’m not sure if the actual living conditions in Havana will suit 2 people from a first world country

Oh, and CSH definitely booked a room for the lovers’ thing in March right? I hope that’s not a random PPL? PD owes us one from being such a tease LMAO

• Like 15

I have been thinking about this:

- What if JWS proposes to CSH his shares willingly hoping that this bait might tempt her. However, CSH refuses like the painting as she doesn't want to be indebted to him.

- As reaction, JWS changes his tactics: he threatens her with this deal: she takes the shares and she can become the real owner of Donghwa Hotel, in return she needs to cut ties with JH. If she doesn't take the shares, then he will take away the hotel from her. 

• Like 13
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Far^away said:

okay.. why am I quoting myself. Sorry.

To add something i like best from episode 11/12 (cant remember already) is when Jin Myung barged in singing. Hillarious! I can't forget how annoyed KJH is! :lol:

LOL Jin Myung is that annoying little brother. Some of us have siblings like that that ruin moments.

And him trying to Tattle tale to his parents about his hyung singing to his GF and JH bribing him.

The funny faces he makes behind their father.

It gave me a good laugh & brought back memories of my brother & I. :)

• Like 8
  • LOL 16