Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

@ahdrianaa: That is for Seoul Metropolitan

Ratings went up a bit...still something to be happy about! Again I say to say this...this is high for a cable TV program!

Nationwide: 7.623%

Seoul Metropolitan: 9.630%

DwlYXq8U8AA4brY.jpg

It's interesting to note that Boyfriend reruns are in the Top 10 Nationwide...5th and 6th!

DwlYaGMVYAA8-BZ.jpg

For Seoul Metropolitan, reruns are also in the Top 10, 5th, 7th, and 8th!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Glycie Manongsong said:

It is also amazing how he carries himself whenever JWS is around. He shows confidence, bravery and sincerity. Even a mighty king will give in when he sees ones sincerity. Like how Samuel harabochi saw it in JH. 

I think JWS will have a change of heart in the coming episodes because of the sincerity he is seeing in the couple. It is the sincerity that will matter.

@Glycie Manongsong  I have to agree with you in ths WS will give up because he could never stand up fully to his mom for her.. At some point he will cowardly stand behind the scenes and watch how is mom will humiliate her especially after knowing she has or had someone else in her heart and willingly gave her full attention to him knowing her son was still pinning for her.. Mom would feel she needs to punish SH and family just on GP no matter how many girls that WS was seen with before there was another man for her. She'll even go as far as to try and punish him and his family.. She has to be seen to others as the almighty..

This is why I say she needs to be bold and show her man off since Ex Mil wants to hold her to stipulation of the divorce to embarss her she can also make them look even more embarassed by bring him along with her..  Ex MIl always like to have reporters around for all to see how the Ex DIL still involved supposedly with the family bringing the new man along will be like killing three birds with one stone.. Which she invites a slew of reporters to a memorial for a man thats been dead for years.. ( they don't even invite reporters to celebrities memorial after they been dead for a while) He don't even have to go in and wait outside the reporters would be there anyway to take pictures as they get out of the car.. And for the kicker it would be fun to watch him plant a nice kiss on her n front of all the reporters to make sure it reaches front page headlines.. It's nothing the old witch can do about it because she's not in violations of the divorce agreenent.. Nor in the agreenent were it says that she can't see anyone.. This would teach the old bat a lesson and if she tries anything funny she can be sued also..  

It's time for Mom and son be taught a lesson that the world don't evolve around them

• Like 20

Just finished episode 12 and I’ve been hit by this strange feeling of melancholy. I don’t know why. Anybody else feeling this way? I feel like the episode had an overall sad tone. May be we’ve been spoiled by sunny Cuba too much?

I can’t believe we only have 4 episodes left! I feel like there’s still so much story tell but at the same time I can’t take of any new plotline (for a second season, which is next to impossible LOL).

Help. I can’t let go of Jinsoo just yet :bawling:

And having no preview for next week certainly didn’t help

• Like 13
  • Sad 8

23 minutes ago, charlieblue17 said:

Ep12 thoughts

WS is a jerk and a coward.

I love JH for calling him out on it: hurting the person you allegedly love for personal gain is no love at all. This time it was clear that WS did not protect SH from the machinations of his mother after the divorce simply because it suited him. He gets to control her comings and goings and still see himself that the good guy. WS pays lips service to the she should not be forced to attend the family event position, but then happily sits and waits for her to show up.  Hypocritical to the max.  And the fact that he used JH's help in the Cuba as an excuse to get his way makes him a snake of the lowest order. I wonder how he convinced his uncle to vote for him. I bet it was nonsense about him protecting her from his mother. Must have pulled a fancy act there.

Still the truth remains: WS's world revolves around exactly one person - WS. ('SH is what I need' says it all).

I was initially kind of mad at JH too, for doing stuff behind SH's back. But then I thought more about it and got to understand it a little. His way of protecting her is lowering her burden, as much as he can. Instead of forcing her to chose, he lowered the stakes. His job is to make sure that she takes care of herself, eats and sleeps well. Beyond that, he trusts her to sort out her own issues. And that is kind of cool.

As usual, I love the reciprocity of their relationship - last episode he said I love you and made one huge step in committing to their relationship. Now she does the same. He may be working behind the scenes trying to protect her other love, but she steps center stage and choses him over everything else. No wonder the poor boy is a goner.

Really looking forward to SH + Kim family fun. Once they got past the initial awkward phase I hope they get to see how adorable she is, and how happy the two of them are together. Looks like dad is already fully on board, but mum will need some more convincing. I hope she gets to see SH - the lonely kid deprived of motherly affection, and that it proves enough to trigger her caring instincts. But for now, give the poor girl some proper homemade food! And some soju since I doubt any being in existence can resist the adorability of drunk SH.

Your post made me cry.  Here.  In this public transportation. On my way to work.  I had to act like my eyes got something while wiping the tears away. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 9

20 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

Just finished episode 12 and I’ve been hit by this strange feeling of melancholy. I don’t know why. Anybody else feeling this way? I feel like the episode had an overall sad tone. 

Absolutely, that's why i haven't re watch this 12th ep. I just watched it via live stream last night, haven't even watch with eng sub, but as you said the sad tone that lies in JH and SH eyes give me the melancholy feeling, and it still lingers on. The truth is, we're the one who's in trouble, for there's no exit after Encounter..

• Like 16
  • Sad 3

I'm not yet watching epi 12,but tonight it will be my date with them..:rolleyes:

From all of your recaps yesterday,especially the last scene I could feel overwhelmed happiness that JH feel to see SH in the front of his door,their tears really.....everytime they r crying,it make me wanna cry too :tears:..SH n JH deserve to be happy.. please writer-nim,don't make my eyes swollen becz of sadness..

4 episodes remaining,we almost arrive in the end of this beautiful story..where will I find another beautiful story like this..

I remember when the first time the cast n the writer been announced..we were exited yet we felt anxious becz of the writer reputation to wrote drama script before,but I think we have to say thank u to writer-nim for bring us this classic melodrama with so much emotion..

• Like 19

I felt really sad for SH. Having a mother but never be able to enjoy home made cook and experience mother’s love. 

Keeping mother contact as “Mrs...” instead of mommy. 

Growing up to satisfy mom’s expectation and shun all her emotions.

JH came to her world as not only gives her happiness but also gives her courage to fight.

I hope JH’s mom can accept her, give her love to replace all those bad memories.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, beejoy111 said:

can I ask something comrades? so its been 1 year they know each other? huwaa time flies.. 

sad that we only hv 4 episodes left:tears:

I don’t think it’s been a year. The last time she went was the MIL’s birthday

• Like 10

45 minutes ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

Absolutely, that's why i haven't re watch this 12th ep. I just watched it via live stream last night, haven't even watch with eng sub, but as you said the sad tone that lies in JH and SH eyes give me the melancholy feeling, and it still lingers on. The truth is, we're the one who's in trouble, for there's no exit after Encounter..

It kinda feels like a break-up to be honest

When CSH finally said I love you  I had a lump in my throat and had to stop myself from crying. Still, the atmosphere felt really heavy on that scene in contrast to when JH said it. I’m not saying I’m not happy with it only that I was expecting a totally different scenario for when she finally says it

• Like 8
  • Sad 4