Quantcast

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

24 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

Wait, about the booking the room bit, did she book one for Cuba? I wonder if it's just a random PPL or something that will have weight to the story

It was for Donghwa hotel..PPL def.. but since they were talking about white day.. maybe there could be something.. but why would CSH need a hotel room in her own hotel:D

Have been catching up on the last few pages and am awed by your theories on ending. Thank you guys.. you rock

Love the one on them growing old together. Have so much to say on this as I think this is what will happen as well and this will pbly be a story that most Pbly JH is narrating 

And i think the animations in each episode could well be the pages of this book that captures his story or the paintings that captures his story( maybe made by CSH .low possibility but som can hope).. another reason for this to be a narration is how in ep 10 ending.. they thanked Samuel aboji n the security guard as if it was written in a story book..

Have more to add but busy weekend.. wil hopefully pen them tomorrow

Edited by nikir
  • Like 10
  • LOL 3
  • Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wasn't sure I would be posting here again but my love for the last episode and our JinSoo couple brought me back to say a few words.   I pretty much lost it at Jin Hyuk's expression when h

I think that I found their room  , they will definitely have to explain the balcony kiss if my guess is correct.    CSH’s room in first episode      She is back in the same

Enjoy reading everyone's thoughts... I will elaborate on why the ending is good for me...   1.  It did not end with some drone zoomed out kiss in the Cuban Garden with sweeping romantic musi

Posted Images

Sad to say, I’m preparing myself for a sad ending :dissapointed_relieved:   After rerunning ep 1, I just got hit with a parallelism with the Cuba garden and Hongjaedong playground that KJH is going to die and CSH will buy the playground that will remind her of him :bawling:

@ahdrianna Im starting to think that those stills are CSH imaginations, reminiscing her moments with KJH. 

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer..

I just hope im like sec Jang whose intuitions are always wrong.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

It is the painting that she has in her living room later: a castle with Pegasus (flying horse). The painting is used as an inspiration of the first drawing. 

@bebebisous33 Yup. Thanks....Thanks also for your detailed explanations and illustrations... Enjoyed reading them. They made me love the drama more... 

Very grateful also to all of you guys in this forum for the live recaps, breathtaking pictures and in depth discussions every episode. 

I’m an SHK fan and one of those who raise their eyebrows because of her odd pairing with PBG but after the first episode I’m hooked already...

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

I feel like  There will be summer in the love story of our JinSoo and it will be in Cuba. With spring just few days away, as flowers bloom, their love will be in full bloom. And then summer comes...the best time to be in cuba.

I remember photos of them posted before where Sh is wearing shorts and rubber shoes. That is suited for summer. 

Many hours has passed from last episode but still i feel like  having a hangover or jetlag that will not disappear. With only 4 episodes left, what shall we do after?

So much love and praises for Shk/Csh and Pbg/Kjh.:heart:

• Like 19
  • LOL 2

Friends... I just want to say how fun it is to just read this thread sometimes. :heart:  First we talk about The Notebook and the drama being a re-telling of their love story,  but now suddenly we are talking about the whole drama having been Cha SooHyun's dream.  How often is it that when watching a drama you don't know what the next stage will be and your imagination runs wild like this!  I love it!! 

• Like 23
16 minutes ago, roshzanna said:

I remember photos of them posted before where Sh is wearing shorts and rubber shoes. That is suited for summer. 

Didn't someone say in this forum that CSH will wear sneakers that she endorses .. maybe that will happen in Cuba :wub:

• Like 13
  • LOL 1
9 minutes ago, winter spring summer said:

I wish Bogummy sings an OST for this drama. A new one or a male version of the recently released OST by Baek A Yeon. Like an answer since that song is from Cha Soohyun's perspective. :)

OMG I would love that!! I love the OST from Baek A Yeon but Bogum's voice will suit the song perfectly too + imagine how amazing the feels would be!!! Damn, now I want it so bad, how can we get one? TT

• Like 11
12 minutes ago, Plummpychan said:

OMG I would love that!! I love the OST from Baek A Yeon but Bogum's voice will suit the song perfectly too + imagine how amazing the feels would be!!! Damn, now I want it so bad, how can we get one? TT

Yesss imagine the impact on the scene when it's his voice playing on the background singing that song. If he doesn't record an official one, I think we would still hear him sing an Encounter OST soon in his fanmeeting. He has a lot of upcoming fanmeetings this year. First one will be on January 26. :

• Like 19

I have to say, I actually really like this theory that the whole drama is a dream.  I don't think there's any evidence to support it, but it's a really fun idea!

To me, SooHyun is this sort of Sleeping Beauty-type character.  She falls asleep/is put to sleep because of the machinations of an evil force that no one in her life can win against, except for one person-- Prince Charming.  Of course, with the way this drama turns our expectations upside down, Prince Charming isn't really the one who slays the dragon and wakes the princess, instead the princess does all that herself.  Prince Charming is just the catalyst; the reason SooHyun wakes up at all (instead of falling to her death from the wall at Moro Cabana).  

The idea that SooHyun dreams something as daring as living life on her own terms, when for the entirety of her existence, she's been little more than a pawn is exciting to me.  Because when she awakens, she has a choice to make.  She can return to being a human vegetable, with no agency and no exit or she can dare to follow her dream and see where it takes her.  Essentially, she can choose to be free, and that's a message I can really appreciate. 

• Like 11

@thistle

Spoiler

hope you’re not referring to people like me who believe this drama will have a sad ending.  Because I love this drama as much as you do and I think it’s unfair for me not to voice out what I think just because it’s different from what you think.

• Like 5
27 minutes ago, msbae81 said:

@thistle

Hide contents

hope you’re not referring to people like me who believe this drama will have a sad ending.  Because I love this drama as much as you do and I think it’s unfair for me not to voice out what I think just because it’s different from what you think.

let us all hope for a happy ending...love and peace everyone!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구