[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Friends... I just want to say how fun it is to just read this thread sometimes. :heart:  First we talk about The Notebook and the drama being a re-telling of their love story,  but now suddenly we are talking about the whole drama having been Cha SooHyun's dream.  How often is it that when watching a drama you don't know what the next stage will be and your imagination runs wild like this!  I love it!! 

• Like 23

16 minutes ago, roshzanna said:

I remember photos of them posted before where Sh is wearing shorts and rubber shoes. That is suited for summer. 

Didn't someone say in this forum that CSH will wear sneakers that she endorses .. maybe that will happen in Cuba :wub:

• Like 13
  • LOL 1

9 minutes ago, winter spring summer said:

I wish Bogummy sings an OST for this drama. A new one or a male version of the recently released OST by Baek A Yeon. Like an answer since that song is from Cha Soohyun's perspective. :)

OMG I would love that!! I love the OST from Baek A Yeon but Bogum's voice will suit the song perfectly too + imagine how amazing the feels would be!!! Damn, now I want it so bad, how can we get one? TT

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, Plummpychan said:

OMG I would love that!! I love the OST from Baek A Yeon but Bogum's voice will suit the song perfectly too + imagine how amazing the feels would be!!! Damn, now I want it so bad, how can we get one? TT

Yesss imagine the impact on the scene when it's his voice playing on the background singing that song. If he doesn't record an official one, I think we would still hear him sing an Encounter OST soon in his fanmeeting. He has a lot of upcoming fanmeetings this year. First one will be on January 26. :

• Like 19

I have to say, I actually really like this theory that the whole drama is a dream.  I don't think there's any evidence to support it, but it's a really fun idea!

To me, SooHyun is this sort of Sleeping Beauty-type character.  She falls asleep/is put to sleep because of the machinations of an evil force that no one in her life can win against, except for one person-- Prince Charming.  Of course, with the way this drama turns our expectations upside down, Prince Charming isn't really the one who slays the dragon and wakes the princess, instead the princess does all that herself.  Prince Charming is just the catalyst; the reason SooHyun wakes up at all (instead of falling to her death from the wall at Moro Cabana).  

The idea that SooHyun dreams something as daring as living life on her own terms, when for the entirety of her existence, she's been little more than a pawn is exciting to me.  Because when she awakens, she has a choice to make.  She can return to being a human vegetable, with no agency and no exit or she can dare to follow her dream and see where it takes her.  Essentially, she can choose to be free, and that's a message I can really appreciate. 

• Like 11

@thistle

Spoiler

hope you’re not referring to people like me who believe this drama will have a sad ending.  Because I love this drama as much as you do and I think it’s unfair for me not to voice out what I think just because it’s different from what you think.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, msbae81 said:

@thistle

Hide contents

hope you’re not referring to people like me who believe this drama will have a sad ending.  Because I love this drama as much as you do and I think it’s unfair for me not to voice out what I think just because it’s different from what you think.

let us all hope for a happy ending...love and peace everyone!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Thank you a lot to all the chingus commenting on this thread. I don't comment to much because I am a slow reader, and I want to read everything before I answer, but whenever I want to say something or answer a post, someone has said it before, and better than me! LOL 

But it is ok. 

Thank you @bebebisous33 a lot, a lot, for your analysis. It is really a pleasure to appreciate the beauty of this drama, explained so well those symbolic elements that we feel, but we cannot described very well if we were asked to. 

I also studied literature in the university, but my major is basically applied linguistic, I only had literature workgroups, workshops, seminars and extra classes. I was so passionate about it, I even wrote a novel (although it is not good), and I won a couple of contests, but boy, you are great writer!!!!!!!! Congratulations! 

I have a disadvantage with English because it is not my mother language. Whenever I would have to write a paper about any topic in English, I can do it but with big effort. So, I appreciate reading somebody else saying what I would like to say. 

I am enjoying this drama a lot because of this website, and although I am in another k-drama forum, I like it here better. 

So... Just a small words of appreciation. I am still on page 244 (out of 277 up to this point), so... I am still behind. But having fun also with the comments, so thank you. 

Thank you all! :)

• Like 23

The drunk scene is really my favorite. I love how CSH repeatedly expressed how happy she is now that JH is by her side as well as her fear of losing him. CSH almost always expresses her feelings through her eyes, whenever JH would profess his feelings, you’d rather see the gratitude in her eyes more than hearing her reciprocate his words.. And KJH has complained to her before that she needs to express more what’s on her mind. This time hearing her say it out loud made it clear how JH really means to her. And with that being said, JH gained more courage and strength to endure their current predicaments knowing that it’s what she wants. She wants him to stick with her and stay rooted in their relationship despite all the negative forces and turmoil. I also appreciate KJH’s attentiveness and sincerity upon hearing her deepest feelings— he’s just sitting next to her- listening and reassuring her that he’ll always be there for her. 

i just love this drama. I am going to enjoy every bit of it.. and i’m happy that i enjoy it with you. I love reading your thoughts. Thank you so much. 

• Like 22